Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Samples of Cameo cuttings........... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/samples-cameo-cuttings-542737/)

YorkieMoma 11-20-2011 04:31 PM

Samples of Cameo cuttings...........

http://www.pbase.com/snap2it/image/139791158.jpg

This machine cuts like a dream!!! The frog, flower, poodle and pig are all what's called "print & cuts". Check out the perfect cut on the snowflake and it is only 1"!!!

The media I used here is Bazzill smooth white cardstock. I've also cut American Craft Foil paper, GA Pacific and Michaels Recollections and they cut great! I've also cut poster board and I will soon try some cereal box! Someone has asked about glitter paper, but it's is very bad for digital cutters....should I need something glittered I will cut and then add the glitter.

As I cut new, thicker media, I will post a photo of the cuttings here at the Toll & Product Talk at SCS!!!

ceramicat1 11-20-2011 06:23 PM

How lovely!

gails 11-20-2011 06:31 PM

Those are very good cuts. I am thinking aobut a Silhouette Cameo in the future, so right now I am just researching. Have you cut these smaller more intricate items using Stampin' Up cardstock?

YorkieMoma 11-20-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gails (Post 18942007)
Those are very good cuts. I am thinking aobut a Silhouette Cameo in the future, so right now I am just researching. Have you cut these smaller more intricate items using Stampin' Up cardstock?

Gail, I'm sorry but I don't have any SU cardstock or I would test it for you! I have a friend who also owns the Cameo. I will see if I can get her to do a test cut using it and when she does I will post the result here!

Pam

gails 11-20-2011 07:25 PM

Thanks a lot, Pam. If your friend doesn't have SU cardstock, let me know and I will send you a few sheets. I mostly use and own SU that is why I ask about it.

YorkieMoma 11-20-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gails (Post 18942139)
Thanks a lot, Pam. If your friend doesn't have SU cardstock, let me know and I will send you a few sheets. I mostly use and own SU that is why I ask about it.

Gail...she is my online friend and she has SU cardstock, but she is going out of town tomorrow and won't be back until the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, so if you are in hurry go ahead and send me a sheet and I will be happy to test cut for you, otherwise I will get her to do it when she returns.

Pam

HeatherHolbrook 11-21-2011 11:53 AM

If my SD wasn't so new and I had the extra money........sigh :)

fyi I've used my SD for SU CS and it cuts just fine, I would assume the Cameo would as well.

crafty1021 11-21-2011 01:55 PM

All I can say is WOW! Looks like a great machine...maybe someday...

cat_woman 11-21-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherHolbrook (Post 18943799)
...fyi I've used my SD for SU CS and it cuts just fine, I would assume the Cameo would as well.

I use my Craft Robo to cut SU cardstock all the time too and it works fine. I'm sure the Cameo would go through it like a hot knife through butter. :) I've been eyeballing this machine and the new Zing. Not sure which one will be the winner if I decide to get a new machine. I've had my CR about 4 years and its such a little workhorse I don't think it will ever die.

gails 11-21-2011 05:05 PM

Pam--I am not in a hurry. And thank you so much for helping answer my question. Heather and Cat~~thanks for your thoughts, too. I have my Croicuts, which I love and wanted because I did not need a computer. But once I got SCAL, I realized that a machine can do so much more and looking at Pam's blog, kind of really makes me want a Silhouette Cameo.

vaitiare 11-26-2011 10:29 AM

Waiting for my Cameo to arrive. I have the CE and Personal cutter and am tired of the cartridges and PC. Here is a link to my favorite blog (Capadia Designs) and an article about cutting glitter paper.
Capadia Designs: Make your own glittered shapes

angel1971 11-27-2011 06:54 AM

I just ordered the cameo last night and have a question about the print and cut option. Do you have to use 12 x 12 paper or can you print and cut on 8 1/2 x 11 paper since I don't have a large format printer. Thanks, Angel

craftycrunchymama 11-27-2011 10:11 AM

Thank you for showing these samples! I ordered a Cameo on Friday and can't wait to get it!!

ckstamps 12-05-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angel1971 (Post 18957375)
I just ordered the cameo last night and have a question about the print and cut option. Do you have to use 12 x 12 paper or can you print and cut on 8 1/2 x 11 paper since I don't have a large format printer. Thanks, Angel

I'm not in front of my machine right now but I would guess you could by just changing the paper setting to 8.5 x 11?

Dragonwold 12-07-2011 01:53 PM

How did the cutting of cereal box go? The one thing I don't like about my Silhouette is that it doesn't cut thicker stuff

YorkieMoma 12-07-2011 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonwold (Post 18987040)
How did the cutting of cereal box go? The one thing I don't like about my Silhouette is that it doesn't cut thicker stuff

The cuts went great....just go here to my blog and in the second picture you can see where I cut cereal box, beer box and poster board...just click on the photo to see the photo enlarged!

Pam

PS...I'm loving my Cameo

angel1971 12-07-2011 02:46 PM

I have gotten my cameo but don't have time to play with it until this weekend. I have been playing with the studio software to get familiar with it before I play.

jogrybali 12-08-2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkieMoma (Post 18941713)
http://www.pbase.com/snap2it/image/139791158.jpg

This machine cuts like a dream!!! The frog, flower, poodle and pig are all what's called "print & cuts". Check out the perfect cut on the snowflake and it is only 1"!!!

The media I used here is Bazzill smooth white cardstock. I've also cut American Craft Foil paper, GA Pacific and Michaels Recollections and they cut great! I've also cut poster board and I will soon try some cereal box! Someone has asked about glitter paper, but it's is very bad for digital cutters....should I need something glittered I will cut and then add the glitter.

As I cut new, thicker media, I will post a photo of the cuttings here at the Toll & Product Talk at SCS!!!

Thanks for sharing your cuttings. I am new to an electric cutter and need all the information I can get. Sofar I like the Sylhouette Cameo.
I live on the island Bali,Indonesia and if something goes wrong, the machine is not easily returned.

Happy cutting,
Jogry/bali

lharnish 12-08-2011 08:47 AM

These are beautiful cuts. I have the Cricut and SCAL (before the law suits) and I can say it doesn't cut as nice detail as what you show here and on your blog. My Cricut is only a year old but when she dies, I want something like this as a replacement.

gails 12-08-2011 09:59 AM

Pam~~The box cuts look very good, too. tfs all your info with us here.

RoosMommy 02-01-2012 07:23 PM

I get to order mine on Monday, I am SO excited. I really like the flower that you cut out. It's so elegant. Did you get the small snowflake from silhouette? I've looked all over their site and I can't seem to find it. Do you think you could pm with the link to it? /looks adorable

Dee =)

creativec 02-01-2012 09:25 PM

These cuts are lovely! I love my Cameo too! It really cuts the most intricate designs so well. I have cut Papertrey cardstock with it which I have read on SCS is as thick as SU. It also cuts vellum and thin patterned paper well!