Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-21-2010, 03:28 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink I just bought a Cricut

It comes with 2 cartridges, schoolhouse & essential (I think that is what it is called) I am not even a scrapbooker! I was wondering if any stampers has the cricut, and what cartridges you use the most. I did find a "wild card" cartridge and thought that looked kinda neat. Your thoughts are much appreciated!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2010, 05:40 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Of course, it depends on what you'll be using it for, but my very favorite of all-time is Storybook.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2010, 06:05 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Storybook is good. Just Because Cards is the newest card cart out. One of the best places to get carts is Ebay. You can get some great prices.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2010, 07:18 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As the OP stated, get a cartridge that you would use. Check out the images on each cartridge on the Cricut website.

I would buy one with images you would use most often. I know I am guilty of buying cartridges that have just a few images I would use but than I share with several friends. Even though I don't make many cards just for a child, I have used the 2 paperdoll cartridges often. There is a barbeque grill on one that I used on a 4th of July theme card and on a July calendar. Used one of these cartridges for Halloween and Christmas cards.

I also recommend looking for a cartridge with font you like and think you would use. You can vary the size of the font to fit your card size.

Have fun using your Cricut. Thought that since I make mostly cards this machine was not a 'have to have' item but am having fun usingi it. A friend and I go to a monthly Cricut Club gathering where we use our machines to make cards, scrapbook pages, lettering that we ironed on to a T-shirt, and cut vinyl to use to etch some glass cups.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2010, 07:50 AM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Received 373 Likes on 222 Posts

Congrats on your new bug! My favorite cartridge right now is Create a Critter. I've made a bunch of adorable cards with it. Wild card is great, too; and there are many others that I like. Go to the Cricut website, and check out the images on the cartridges before you buy them. Have fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2010, 08:11 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

congrats on the new addition LOL
i find i use A Child's Year a lot. It has silhouettes of children, many of which can be used for holidays. (ex, a child with a flag for 4th of July, a child with Santa for Christmas, etc) also it has a lot of different shaped tags i like to stamp on, like scalloped oval, scalloped square, and regular tag shape.
ask yourself what you like to make- i make a lot of gifts, so the tags were perfect for me.
i also love my Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge, i use a lot of the shapes from it, but you really have to layer a lot of pieces... and not much room left to stamp LOL. so, you see, just because i use it doesn't mean you would... think about the top 10 shapes you want, then look for a cartridge with as many of those as you can find.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2010, 09:54 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Wishing I was not at work but I have to pay for my hobbies some how! LOL!

Woohoo! Congrats on your new toy!

I bought Make the Cut (MTC) software and you can cut any SVG file with it so you are not limited to cartridges. I have a page of links on my blog for Places to Find Digital Cutting Files. Most of them are free! Plus you can use any TruType font that you have in your computer to cut out as well.

Check out the website below for more information about MTC software and a trial version to download to try it:

http://designingwithdiecuts.com

Have fun cricutting!
Reply With Quote Likes