Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   River Rock Ribbon Doesn't Match???!!! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/river-rock-ribbon-doesnt-match-306521/)

Joan B 12-09-2007 10:58 AM

River Rock Ribbon Doesn't Match???!!!

I have river rock paper, ink and ribbon and used the ribbon today for the first time. The paper is a lovely shade of green. The ribbon is beige and doesn't match at all.

(Even my dh noticed!)

Do I have an off roll of ribbon or is this the way it is?

Thanks

kellyjg 12-09-2007 11:52 AM

Hm. I have mine right before me and they all match perfectly. I'd be calling DS, Joan, and get that ribbon of yours taken care of right away. Pretty bad when the DH notices, he he he...

Hazzzmomy 12-09-2007 11:56 AM

I haven't noticed it with River Rock, but I've never thought the Purely Pomegranate ribbon matches the paper/ink...

texasjodylynn 12-09-2007 12:05 PM

I think several of the SU ribbons don't match perfectly, but I find that if you use it against a different color with splashes of that color elsewhere on the card it is not (as) noticeable. I know that doesn't answer your original question, but you may find it tolerable by changing the way you use it. LOL

Joan B 12-09-2007 01:34 PM

Ok, thanks. I hate to bother my demo over this since we are long distance and there is no way I am going to make another trip to the post office!!! Just curious. I am using it with the Dashing paper, and is doesn't look awful, but doesn't look the way it should.

Thanks!!!

jostvig 12-09-2007 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B (Post 7963242)
I have river rock paper, ink and ribbon and used the ribbon today for the first time. The paper is a lovely shade of green. The ribbon is beige and doesn't match at all.

(Even my dh noticed!)

Do I have an off roll of ribbon or is this the way it is?

Thanks

DO you haved the right paper, my river rock is a beigey color not a green color?

chaikitty 12-09-2007 10:42 PM

I noticed that the celery 5/8" grosgrain ribbon is very mint green looking. Anyone else?

strawberry11 12-10-2007 05:25 AM

I find the River Rock colour depends on what you use it with. Sometimes on my projects it looks beige and other times I find it looks green. Same with the ribbon. Maybe that's the case.

kcmomof3 12-10-2007 07:45 AM

Joan,

I'd call your demo anyway. Sometimes SU! doesn't ask you to send in the defective product. It's worth a shot. If your demo tells you that you have to send it back, then you can always say thanks anyway and use it with something else (or list it in the BST forum! Oops! Then you would have to go to the PO!)
HTH!
~K

bnlnkids 12-10-2007 08:35 AM

I agree that the RR ribbon is not an exact match for the RR card stock. When I hold the two up to one another, the ribbon looks more oatmeal beige, while the card stock looks more khaki beige. Even though it is slight, I do see a difference.

I don't necessarily think it's a quality issue, I think they were just unable to get an *exactly perfect* match. And I agree with Jody as far as how to use it in that case. It helps.

It's funny how subjective color is... I see a slight green tint to the RR card stock, too. My DH on the other hand, sees absolutely no green in it at all. :mrgreen:

jkstieber 12-10-2007 12:31 PM

Does anyone else have this problem with the artichoke grograin? Mine seems like a cross between always artichoke and old olive and doesn't quite match either one. But then the first couple times I ordered the artichoke paper it wasn't the same color either. Maybe artichoke is a really difficult color to get exactly right.

scrapshappen 12-10-2007 06:17 PM

Now see, I think the RR CS looks more beige and the RR ink looks more green. I don't have the ribbon so I can't help you with that. Good luck!

krabearkub 12-10-2007 06:42 PM

Mine doesn't match perfectly but it isn't as far off as my Sahara Sand ink and paper. I'd recomend calling your demo and seeing if you can get it replaced.