Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Revelation! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/revelation-524304/)

countryhearts 03-30-2011 07:41 AM

Revelation!

Thought I would share a new use (new for me anyway) for Cricut cutting mats when they're not sticky enough to use for its intended purpose. This idea came to me while beginning work on my daughter's homeschool graduation invitations. I need to make 50 invites and this is making it much quicker. I'm stamping on labels I cut out with my Cricut. I needed to center the stamp and was using my Stamp-a-majig. I laid out my labels on my not so sticky cutting mat and viola! They were held in place quite nicely while I centered my stamp and I could just keep going. They came off the mat quite easily and my stamping was completed in a matter of minutes. I think I'll use this for other projects where I could use any pair of hands.

ValH 03-30-2011 08:41 AM

Maybe I should dig into the Scrapbook garbage can and pull out the one I just got rid of. Good idea.

Val

Cinnistew 03-30-2011 11:38 AM

I never thought of using the mat with the Stamp-a-Ma-Jig... what a great idea!

You can also use the mat with PTI dies... after you cut out the image with the die I put it on a mat to hold it when I stamp.

countryhearts 03-30-2011 04:45 PM

Cinnistew - that's what I did. I put the labels I cut out with my Cricut on the mat and then used the stamp-a-ma-jig for centering my stamp. I was able to get 8 labels on my mat and it made centering/stamping so quick and easy. I had them all stamped in time to take them along to my daughter's physical therapy appointment and while I waited, I colored.

Hiding in My Craft Room 03-31-2011 08:08 AM

Don't throw your unsticky mats away! Here's what I so to mine to get them sticky again: Hiding in My Craft Room: Making Cricut Mats Sticky Again!

thanks for the great ideas! I will definitely be trying the PTI die stamping!!

countryhearts 04-01-2011 04:15 AM

Thanks for sharing, Laurie! I'll give it a try with my other mats. I still think I'm going to use this current 'tacky' but not sticky mat as my extra set of hands. At least until it doesn't work for that.

Hiding in My Craft Room 04-01-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryhearts (Post 18144533)
Thanks for sharing, Laurie! I'll give it a try with my other mats. I still think I'm going to use this current 'tacky' but not sticky mat as my extra set of hands. At least until it doesn't work for that.

Me too! I haven't tried it yet but it does sound like a good idea!

mac4551 04-02-2011 05:02 PM

I've used the wide Zip glu stick. (I think that's what it's called). I wash the mat, let it dry and then reglue the mat. Leave it set overnight, and in the morning put the plastic cover back on. It's good for several weeks.

I have the tack it over and over glue, and I think I'll give it a try as the glue pen is expensive....

thanks for the great tip !