Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   replacement mat for paper piercing (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/replacement-mat-paper-piercing-489245/)

DarcyJo 04-27-2010 01:29 PM

replacement mat for paper piercing

I have used my mat from my stampin'up mat pack so much that I would like to get a new one. I would like it bigger if possible. Anyone have any ideas?

Anita R 04-27-2010 06:42 PM

An old-style mouse pad will work well.

Anita

Barbara Jay 04-27-2010 06:54 PM

The Thicker Funky Foam works fine.

Cook22 04-28-2010 12:58 AM

I've used both the above, but for me a cork tile works best of all.

DarcyJo 04-28-2010 01:58 AM

Thanks for the ideas!

TeeGeeDee 04-28-2010 12:41 PM

These are great suggestions. I have a related tip ... if using a brad on a piece that will be popped-up with foam tape (I love my rolls of Scotch/3M foam tape!) I pierce right through the tape without needing a cushion/mat.

stampztoomuch 04-28-2010 01:27 PM

I am absolutely mad for a homemade piercing mat that I made from 4 layers of fun foam.

I buy the big sheets or roll of fun foam & cut them to be 12x12. The mat fits in my scor-pal that way & it is AWEsome! I use a tim holtz design ruler & 2/3 thick T pins to hold it in place & a making memories deluxe paper piercer. I spent a lot of moulah to get what is now the "winning combination" (tried the SU pack & piercer (too short for me & the plastic wore out so I got crooked lines... and I tried a few other piercers, but found the holes they made too big etc...)

I couldn't be happier now AND having the 12x12 surface to work on it so loverly! Works wonders for me anyhow...

Sheena74 04-28-2010 02:13 PM

I bought a stamping mat- which is like thicker fun foam, I cut one of these 12X18 mats into personal choice sizes. I wanted mats in different sizes depending on what I was paper piercing pieces. I love what I have and would do it again, I wish I had done this first instead of paying for a mat online.

I kept one of these mats for stamping but also cut it down into sizes, maybe I just don't always like working on a big mat.

Sheena

stampztoomuch 05-08-2010 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheena74 (Post 16594858)
I bought a stamping mat- which is like thicker fun foam, I cut one of these 12X18 mats into personal choice sizes. I wanted mats in different sizes depending on what I was paper piercing pieces. I love what I have and would do it again, I wish I had done this first instead of paying for a mat online.

I kept one of these mats for stamping but also cut it down into sizes, maybe I just don't always like working on a big mat.

Sheena

Sounds brilliant Sheena! Love the different sizes. I use a small one too (that used to be thick foam packaging that came with some dollar store brads) but I love that you can have a couple of sizes with your method. Handy!

stigmom6 05-08-2010 12:18 PM

Check the sewing section in any craft store. There are many different sizes and colors of self heeling mats. I have seen them as small as 4x4 and so large that it wouldn't fit in my workspace :D HTH!

cat_woman 05-08-2010 09:47 PM

You could use a pergamano piercing mat. I found one at a dollar store. I don't do a lot of paper piercing (well almost none), but the little bit that I do goes very smooth with this mat. I also use it under my stamping for cushion cause I've unmounted almost all of my stamps.