Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Remove sticky film from sticker (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/remove-sticky-film-sticker-441242/)

Cocoa Sakura 06-05-2009 03:40 PM

Remove sticky film from sticker

Hello I need help !!!

I am working on a project and am using stickers - I need to know what I can do to remove the sticky backing from the sticker. Why? because I "popped" the sticker - so, now it keeps attaching itself to the paper..and that's not what I wanted..

How can I remove the sticky film?? I am almost done and this is making me go crazy...

charming 06-05-2009 03:47 PM

you could try...
to stick it in some glitter or ep...???

I am not recommending heating *per se*...
although if you have a loose tester one or a bit of sticker edge you could try really gently heat-embossing it then it would be smooth on the back...

but even if you just leave it powdery, at least it won't stick to the card anymore...
just my best off the cuff guess...

53queenbee 06-05-2009 03:50 PM

cornstarch.

Paper Junky 06-05-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 53queenbee (Post 14287821)
cornstarch.

Ditto.

katestamps716 06-05-2009 06:00 PM

Tap your embossing buddy over it.

captainkitty 06-05-2009 06:06 PM

A couple weekends ago, Archivers had a "come in and make a card for free" event going on. They had us de-stick a sticker using something they were selling called a "powder tool". Basically, it was a little bottle with white powder in it that had a brush applicator on it. I wondered why I'd ever need that when baby powder or cornstarch would do the same thing for much less $. Once the sticker wasn't sticky anymore, we used a pop-dot to pop it up on the card.

Cocoa Sakura 06-05-2009 07:12 PM

thank you ladies...
your suggestions of cornstarch worked... phew .. I can move forward on my project :)

BIG HUG

charming 06-05-2009 07:50 PM

I just remembered!PASTELS

if it is just a card ...cornstarch or baby powder are good in a pinch

if in a scrapbook...
or for someone who saves your cards...

try your stamping pastels or other chalks instead
as SP are not yummy to pests
and not perfumed
both no-nos for archival projects
as far as I know
could be argued tho, since my human child likes chalk so much ...yuck!

fionna51 06-06-2009 06:24 AM

Then again you can also attach the sticker to a piece of coordinating cardstock, and then cut around the edge of the sticker. Makes it a bit stiffer...less likely to get "crumpled".

thescrapmaster 06-06-2009 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51 (Post 14291755)
Then again you can also attach the sticker to a piece of coordinating cardstock, and then cut around the edge of the sticker. Makes it a bit stiffer...less likely to get "crumpled".

That is what I thought! Stick it down and cut around it :)