Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Relaible Tape Gun (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/relaible-tape-gun-573252/)

Melissa Hannant 05-18-2013 04:11 PM

Relaible Tape Gun

I have bad tape runner karma I think. Every brand I have tried so far, both small and large, I've managed to ruin somehow. My latest casualty is this big ol' red no brand name gun that worked great for awhile. It was made in Italy if that makes any descriptive sense. I'm eyeing a Scotch ATG at Michaels. Is it reliable, have affordable refills and easy to reload? If not, I'd love to hear all your suggestions. Id like to order one from Amazon or swing by M's and get one this week.

ceramicat1 05-18-2013 04:25 PM

I've had the pink Scotch ATG for several years. Once I watched the video on reloading, I haven't had any problems with it. I like the amount of tape it holds also.

buggainok 05-18-2013 04:49 PM

I have the pink ATG gun and highly recommend it. Here is a really good deal on Amazon, with 2 rolls of tape:

Amazon.com: Scotch CAT 085 Advanced Tape Glider with 2 Rolls of 1/4-Inch by 36-Yard Acid Free Tape,Cure Pink: Arts, Crafts & Sewing

Melissa Hannant 05-18-2013 05:57 PM

Thanks ladies. I saw how cheap it is on Amazon. I'll order one right now!

sprtchick 05-18-2013 09:23 PM

Melissa did you order one? I have two of the 714s one red and one pink. They come in handy when others are over stamping.
You will love it after you get passed the very small learning curve.
Blessings

gregzgurl 05-19-2013 10:35 AM

I love my pink ATG. There's a helpful tip in THIS THREAD (post #15) for the solution to a common problem with these...

ManatyGrrl 05-20-2013 11:43 AM

I LOVE my ATGs! I have the old yellow one (that I spray painted purple and blinged out!), the pink one, and I recently bought the new purple one at Michaels, because I love purple, have a coupon, and couldn't pass it up! They are my favorite adhesives ever! Especially when you buy the refills in bulk, I think they are much more economical than other adhesives - they last forever.

ceramicat1 05-20-2013 03:45 PM

I bought one of the purple ones at also. I couldn't resist!

minstrel 05-21-2013 07:22 AM

PURPLE one?!! I have a pink one and (I don't know where in the world I've been that I didn't hear about this) I didn't know there was a purple one! I might have to get myself one of those. I love my pink one and if anything every happened to it, I'd have to have a spare. :-)

buggainok 05-21-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minstrel (Post 20171568)
PURPLE one?!! I have a pink one and (I don't know where in the world I've been that I didn't hear about this) I didn't know there was a purple one! I might have to get myself one of those. I love my pink one and if anything every happened to it, I'd have to have a spare. :-)

I think a spare ATG is a good idea! I had the original red one, and got the Pink one on sale at Amazon for a great price a while back. I didn't want to be in the middle of a big project and not have a back-up. I feel very secure knowing I have one in reserve.

Lyndie 05-21-2013 09:02 AM

You will LOVE it! I actually have 3 of them: 1 at home, and 1 at each of the 2 schools where I teach. I buy the refills in bulk at www.tapedepot.com
It's MUCH cheaper than anywhere else!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melissa Hannant (Post 20167885)
Thanks ladies. I saw how cheap it is on Amazon. I'll order one right now!

thecountryrose 05-21-2013 04:21 PM

I have a red one that I use with General Purpose tape for cards and a pink one with Acid Free tape in it for my scrapbooks.

lovetostamp3 05-22-2013 10:59 AM

I originally bought the red, then the pink on sale when they came out (as a back up). It is one of my tools I could NOT live without. I've even picked up smaller brands to carry to classes or get together crops, but they never work the same, and I now just bring "Big Red" with me because I know I will be happy with the results! As someone else mentioned, there is a slight learning curve for the refills, however there are YouTube Videos that make it soooo easy, not to mention help here at SCS. You won't be disappointed for sure.

Enjoy your purchase, and good luck with the results.

Sew It Seams 05-24-2013 09:10 AM

I read somewhere that the red ATG by Scotch is much sturdier than the pink ATG. I read that it was professional grade used by those who do picture framing, etc. Not sure if this is true!

I've had my pink ATG since shortly after they became available in pink and I couldn't make cards without it now! I buy my refills from myshericrafts.com. They are the generic and I've been using them for a long time and never had an issue.

I've had no issues with my Pink ATG - but did somebody say purple? Really? Can't wait to see one and probably buy one LOL!

shirlb19 05-26-2013 10:04 PM

Mine is pink and once I got used to using it, I really like it. Now, after reading this thread, I think a second one already loaded up with tape would be a good idea. I did not like having to stop in the middle of making a card to google how to load a new tape.

Shirl

stamphappy1650 05-27-2013 05:13 AM

I've have the red & pink and they are both sturdy. I also buy my tape from tapedepot.com. Fast service and it's 3M tape. I prefer the red label tape, it's not as stringy as the gold label and since I don't scrapbook I don't care that it's not acid free.

sprtchick 06-01-2013 08:56 PM

Another tape depot customer here. I buy 144 rolls at a time!
Blessings