Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-19-2009, 10:47 AM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Defective Cuttlebug Folder

I just bought the Happy Birthday Cuttlebug folder a few weeks ago. I usually test them out as soon as I get them home, but I just never got around to using this one until today. After running my paper through, I noticed the the center didn't emboss very well. All around was a nice deep impression like I get from all my other folders, but the center barely had an impression at all. I thought this was odd. I tried flipping over my bottom plate in case there was some kind of depression in the center of it that I wasn't aware of and tried it again. Same result. So I pulled out a one of my other folders and tried it. It worked just fine. I got to looking at the Happy Birthday folder and noticed that the front and back panels don't really line up correctly and, therefore, don't mesh together which would explain why it's not embossing correctly. I have 17 other folders and I have never had this problem.

I could take it back to the store I got it from but it's a 45 minute drive in each direction so I only go there about every 6 - 8 weeks. Plus I'm quite sure I no longer have the reciept.

I wondered if anyone else has ever had this problem with any of their folders in the past and if they returned it to the store they bought it from or if they contacted the manufacturer and asked for a replacement?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2009, 11:56 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have not had any problems. I suggest you try to swap it out at the store first - and if that doesn't work - call ProvoCraft. My experience with the home company has been very good. They sent me a new cuttlebug when I accidentally broke mine - and I had purchased online (Ebay). If they would replace my machine - I bet they'd replace your folder. But ... your local store probably will, too.

By the way - my Happy Birthday folder embosses evenly.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2009, 01:02 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second what Billie Dee said. The customer service for Provo craft is really wonderful, and they are willing to work with their customers. So if your store won't replace it, try them, they'd likely just send you a new folder.

Which Happy Birthday folder is it? The A2 one or one of the folders that comes in the set of 4? I have all of the birthday folders I think, and all of them emboss well. It's probably just your folder.

Good luck and I hope they can help you out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2009, 03:04 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I have never had a problem with any of my embossing folders either. It must have been a defective one. I agree with calling ProveCraft customer service. I am sure they stand by their products.

Good luck, please let us know how that turns out for you!
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2009, 03:13 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Default Exception to ProvoCraft

I purchased the birthday A2 folder right after they came out and have used it quite a bit. Not long after I had it, the hinge started coming apart. I emailed the company and heard nothing, so I've had to duct tape the top so it won't tear any further. It doesn't seem to make a difference in how it embosses, just doesn't look very good.

Wanda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2009, 09:49 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have the same problem with my paisley folder. I bought it online, so I didn't return it. I just usually try and put a layer of something over the weak spot to cover it up on my card.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-20-2009, 04:59 AM   #7  
Mad Swapper

I had the same problem with my Happy Birthday A2 folder. It was the first folder I got-- a long time ago (2 years ago?). It didn't leave much of an impression, so I ran it back through a couple more times, and it cracked all over the place. It never occurred to me at the time to return it. I just thought it was user error. I've never had a problem with any of my other folders though. Maybe there was just a defective batch.
Reply With Quote Likes