Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Recollections Stamp Cleaner (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/recollections-stamp-cleaner-566574/)

tgritty 01-01-2013 10:38 AM

Recollections Stamp Cleaner

Has anyone bought and tried Recollections Stamp Cleaner? My DH found a bottle of this at Michaels for me but I am a bit concerned that it smells like alcohol or acetate (polish remover). The active ingrediants are 1-methoxy-2-propanal 99.5%, 2-methoxy1-propanol .4% and water .1%. I am concerned that this will dry out my rubber stamps and/ or eat my clear stamps. Thanks ahead of time for any comments.

Leeann34 01-01-2013 01:53 PM

Sorry, I'm still trying to get past "My DH found… at Michaels for me"…. they do that???

Cathy H 01-01-2013 03:41 PM

I agree with Leeann. . . you got a special one there!

Sorry I have never tried that stamp cleaner. . .

tgritty 01-01-2013 03:45 PM

LOL.... Only when I drag him into the store if we have time before a movie starts. Though he can find a lot of schtuff if I let him wander....

trailblazer 01-01-2013 04:21 PM

I personally don't care for that cleaner. The odor is really strong..almost noxious to me when I've used it. I ended up diluting it with water. I won't be buying this brand of stamp cleaner again. I like the grandmas rubber stamp cleaner better.

Cobrylin 01-02-2013 04:24 AM

I've tried it too, and do not like it. My bottle didn't smell like alcohol, it just didn't work. There are a couple of threads on here about making your own stamp cleaner. And there were pretty good success with the recipes. I have a big jug of a cleaner I bought from Pacific Products that I love. It's called Joy Of Stamping E-Z Duz It Stamp Cleaner. Here's the address. Home and Basic Info - Joy of Stamping!

Cathy H 01-02-2013 12:06 PM

Personally, I make my own - that way you can be sure it's "safe" - just use baby oil, baby wash, and distilled water. Super cheap

jst4stampin 01-02-2013 04:41 PM

I bought this when my local store didn't have any in stock and I won't be purchasing it again. The smell is awful!!

horseygal 02-09-2021 09:42 AM

I bought some and will never buy it again! i will only use it to clean my blocks as i seems to do a good job with that! Sorry Recollections, what were you thinking?????? It smells horrid!
My favorite Judikins stamp cleaner is hard to find and so expensive when you do find it. I also like the ultra clean, but that is getting harder to find also.

wavejumper 02-11-2021 10:17 AM

I use simple green diluted, but I have ultra for stubborn and stazon for that. No problems with it hurting my clear stamps.

Just imho, I think you have a valid concern. I dont know hard core. Maybe use it to clean up ink smudges on work surfaces not to waste it if you care.

harvestmoon 02-24-2021 01:49 PM

I bought Recollections on sale. It has the same chemicals you name. I use it when water doesn't clean well enough to suit me. I don't sniff the bottle but there is a little odor. I use it mostly for pigment inks, on clear and rubber stamps. I bought Simple Green at Walmart for less than $2 and will try it when this runs out as I'm not seeing it for sale at Michaels lately.