Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Raise your hands ifyou're buying this bad boy..... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/raise-your-hands-ifyoure-buying-bad-boy-436181/)

Reesez_Piecez 05-07-2009 01:51 PM

Raise your hands ifyou're buying this bad boy.....

Introducing The Epic!

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/c...iecez/Epic.jpg

ep-ic: /e-pik/ majestic, impressively great, heroic, of unusually great size or extent, surpassing the ordinary, impressive in quality.

The Epic is the newest tabletop die-cutting system from QuicKutz. It surpasses the size and scope of every die-cutting tool QuicKutz has released before, and beats all competing tools in both quality and performance. The Epic comes with everything you need to cut and emboss all QuicKutz products as well as all other leading brand dies, making it the most versatile and truly epic die-cutting tool yet.

Key features of the Epic:

Cuts and embosses
Six-inch wide opening
Compatible with all QuicKutz and other leading brand dies
Ideal for scrapbooking, card making, home d�cor and other craft projects.
Warranty�Lifetime service commitment
High quality metal parts
Light weight and portable
$89.99 SRP

Preorder your Epic tool before June 30th and receive an instant rebate of $20. You can also participate in a mail-in rebate valued at over $20. Talk to your favorite QK retailer today to find out how you can make the most of this amazing offer!

Suzy_H 05-07-2009 01:54 PM

Wow do you know the dimensions of the plates it will accept?

I would love to be able to try this out. I am so tired of my bug's too tiny size.

TheOtherMeg 05-07-2009 01:55 PM

I'm waiting for the 12" model, which is in the works but has no release date. I already have a Big Kick and a Cuttlebug, so another ~6" machine is, well, another 6" machine.

But when the 12" model comes along, I'll be very interested!

BTW, Scrapy Land (that's not misspelled) has the 6" Epic for a great price -- and free US shipping.

TheOtherMeg 05-07-2009 01:56 PM

Scrapy Land QK Epic info: http://www.scrapyland.com/Revolution...p/epic-six.htm

Reesez_Piecez 05-07-2009 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzy_H (Post 13997744)
Wow do you know the dimensions of the plates it will accept?

I would love to be able to try this out. I am so tired of my bug's too tiny size.

I just saw what I posted, so I'm not sure about what it all can do or use. Sorry I'm not much help. I'm thinking of giving my Sis my cuttlebug and getting this.

Jadiebird 05-07-2009 02:11 PM

Anyone know if it will work with the Sizzix originals or Bigz dies?

HoosierMama 05-07-2009 02:16 PM

It looks like it will hold all dies - it says compatible with "all leading brand dies."

I'm holding out for the 12" one. I'm really happy with my Big Kick, until someone comes out with 12" dies and machine I'm sticking with that.

vensung1 05-07-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoosierMama (Post 13997972)
It looks like it will hold all dies - it says compatible with "all leading brand dies."

I'm holding out for the 12" one. I'm really happy with my Big Kick, until someone comes out with 12" dies and machine I'm sticking with that.

From what I hear the 12" model can be used manually or electronically ;) I love having that option!!

There are machines that have 12" dies now- the Accucut- I have the Mark IV and the Grandmark and absolutely LOVE them- (and now you know my addiction.........)

michellesscrap 05-07-2009 07:53 PM

I dont know why, but it kind of irks me when another company jumps on the bandwagon of something that has been done by another company for months. (IE: the ability to use other companies dies in one machine) It gives me the Copycat eebie jeebies or something.

Jamie Stamps 05-07-2009 08:08 PM

It is rather annoying that they all have to have their own, or create dies that are uncompatible with other systems. Why don't they all just get together and make their stuff compatible. LOL I actually need a larger die cutter, but I'm just not sure.

Novell 05-07-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michellesscrap (Post 14002757)
I dont know why, but it kind of irks me when another company jumps on the bandwagon of something that has been done by another company for months. (IE: the ability to use other companies dies in one machine) It gives me the Copycat eebie jeebies or something.

All companies do it. It's part of the nature of staying in business. You have to create things that the market demands. Quickutz started in 2002. I'm not sure when the first Sizzix came out but all companies have their niche items but still need their products to work with other products. I have the original Quickutz hand tool but have never invested in the Sizzix, Big Shot, or Cuttlebug so this new machine really appeals to me. Plus, I like the pricepoint.

How many times have you seen a rubber stamp that someone has done a similiar image or sentiment of? Happens all the time.

arubberstamper 05-08-2009 07:48 AM

You do know that Spellbinders (Wizard) was the very first company to make their machine universal for all dies out there to work with their machine. That is why I bought my Wizard in the first place. It's my first Die cutting machine that I bought when they came out.
Then after Spellbinders had their Wizard on the market for a while, I noticed how other machines said "oh ours is now universal too"... Talk about copy cats... lol
Robin

michellesscrap 05-08-2009 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novell (Post 14002977)
All companies do it. It's part of the nature of staying in business. You have to create things that the market demands. Quickutz started in 2002. I'm not sure when the first Sizzix came out but all companies have their niche items but still need their products to work with other products. I have the original Quickutz hand tool but have never invested in the Sizzix, Big Shot, or Cuttlebug so this new machine really appeals to me. Plus, I like the pricepoint.

How many times have you seen a rubber stamp that someone has done a similiar image or sentiment of? Happens all the time.

Yes I agree a lot of companies do it. They wait for someone else to think of something that becomes popular and then they jump on the bandwagon and make one like it. Personally it just turns me off and I try my best not to buy anything that falls into the copycat category.
Yes, Spellbinders was the first to advertise the fact, and I have to pat them on the back because right off the bat they told you how you could use their dies in other machines, and how you could use their machines with others dies. So while I still have my old red sizzix , when I need to replace it I will most likely buy a wizard for just that reason. At least they were willing to share the facts with me that would save me some money. Those are the types of things that just set a business apart from everyone else.

RiverIsis 05-08-2009 08:57 AM

Also from a business perspective some stores have had exclusivity agreements - so say a store only sell a certain brand of dies they need to promo those dies with machines from that company as well.

On this I never understood why QK made the Revolution so big and clunky, to me this is redo of that idea.

Now I don't scrapbook yet but a 12inch has me curious... I have had on more than one occasion to stop and cut cardstock/paper down and this would take care of that problem and hopefully there would be less overall waste - though I don't have the space for something that big at the moment because if it takes 12inches then you are going to need that much space front and back to use it for the feed through I presume.

sammsmom1 05-08-2009 10:06 AM

I too am waiting for the 12 inch model. I love quickutz products becuase the designs are sooooo cute. You must say that quickutz is doing something that no else has yet by putting out a 12" machine made for home use.

kimz1959 05-08-2009 10:18 AM

I am perfectly happy with my bug. I would need an exceptionally good reason to buy this. I personally don't see any use for another one of these machines...:rolleyes:

Curly Chick 05-08-2009 10:22 AM

Verrryy Interressttinngg!! This looks like a keeper to me. It comes with 13' plates, you don't have to order them separately like you have to do with the BS/BK. That is a savings right off the bat. I have always said that when my 'bug' gives up the ghost I would get a Big Shot, now I don't know. Thanks for the info.

Pamela

Cartermrc 05-08-2009 12:34 PM

I've been wanting a Big Shot too, but now I'm waiting to see how people like this new one. It's cute and it looks as if it has a smaller footprint too.

cardsbynikki 05-08-2009 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherMeg (Post 13997762)
I'm waiting for the 12" model, which is in the works but has no release date. I already have a Big Kick and a Cuttlebug, so another ~6" machine is, well, another 6" machine.

But when the 12" model comes along, I'll be very interested!

BTW, Scrapy Land (that's not misspelled) has the 6" Epic for a great price -- and free US shipping.

A 12" model? Oh man. Yes I think I just might really NEED that. Anyplace I can get in line early? LOL!

leftcoastcrafter 05-08-2009 08:23 PM

I am a huge Quickutz supporter. Not only are their products great quality, they have the BEST customer service. I have had the black hand tool for many years and use it all the time. I bought the Revolution several years ago and love it. I use it with the Nestabilities and really like the magnet platform. I would be very interested in checking out the Epic.

Novell 05-08-2009 09:45 PM

Assumptions cannot always be made about who copied who. As consumers, we have no idea how long a product has been in research and development. Sometimes it's a case of who got something out to market first. Choice is always a good thing. It shouldn't be something consumers get upset about. We have generic drugs that are copycats of name brand pharmaceuticals, if you go to the grocery store you can find a zillion brands of baked beans. Does it really matter if Bush's baked beans copied someone else's idea of producing baked beans? You can find copycatting everywhere if you really think about it. While the new Quickutz product will be able to use dies universally, it's really only that feature that is being repeated. The design of the Quickutz product itself is not a duplicate of anything except their own Revolution.

HoosierMama 05-09-2009 03:09 AM

You're missing a lot of good stuff if you are worried about copying! It's a form of competition that appears in every single industry. Patents protect manufacturers who are truly innovative. And using dies universally isn't such a unique crazy idea, it's not unlikely that they haven't all had the desire to incorporate that option into future machines at some point. They just all developed it at different times.

HoosierMama 05-09-2009 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vensung1 (Post 14002264)
From what I hear the 12" model can be used manually or electronically ;) I love having that option!!

There are machines that have 12" dies now- the Accucut- I have the Mark IV and the Grandmark and absolutely LOVE them- (and now you know my addiction.........)

Hey its my obsession too! lol. Except I don't have one, I just drool over the catalog. I really want a Grandemark. I love the Accucut dies!! Especially the new stationery ones with registration pins. And the quilt dies...

thechecker 05-09-2009 06:06 AM

What would you be cutting with a 12 inch model? Fancy scrapbook papes? Are there 12 inch dies?

Anne

Novell 05-09-2009 06:49 AM

I know the Accucut has 12" dies for things like chipboard books, boxes, borders, etc. The problem for me is storing all those dies. That's particularly why I like the Quickutz product. They are wafer thin and don't take up as much space. However, you are limited in size because of that. Thankfully, I have a scrapbook store nearby with a HUGE Accucut die inventory so I can hop on over there if I need anything.

jailynnsmom 05-09-2009 07:29 AM

I really like the looks of this one too! I would love to see it come out in 12x12 format and be under $100. I want to use the Bigz dies so bad, but don't want to pay the Big Shot price. Just for the record, I don't care who copies whom. I like all products and just because I own one doesn't mean I won't buy another. They all do something a little different, and I love that! I guess that's why I own the original Sizzix, Sidekick, Cuttlebug, Quickutz, and the Cricut.

rdwoodard 05-09-2009 09:47 AM

As with most other toys (I mean tools) I must consider it!

puppydoggrins 05-09-2009 04:16 PM

Ha! Completely unrelated, but it totally looks like a George Foreman grill to me! LOL!

lwfmtta 05-09-2009 06:11 PM

I am very satisfied and happy with my cuttlebug
I won't be getting one until the 12" comes out. I am a scrapbooker so that is all that will appeal to me.

cardsbynikki 05-10-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puppydoggrins (Post 14016822)
Ha! Completely unrelated, but it totally looks like a George Foreman grill to me! LOL!

:D :D LOL!

cardsbynikki 05-10-2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jailynnsmom (Post 14013963)
I really like the looks of this one too! I would love to see it come out in 12x12 format and be under $100. I want to use the Bigz dies so bad, but don't want to pay the Big Shot price. Just for the record, I don't care who copies whom. I like all products and just because I own one doesn't mean I won't buy another. They all do something a little different, and I love that! I guess that's why I own the original Sizzix, Sidekick, Cuttlebug, Quickutz, and the Cricut.

You can get a Big Kick - which functions the same as a Big Shot but looks a bit differently - for $50 at Joann when you use a 50% off coupon. That's how I bought mine and I love it.

patricia gervais 05-11-2009 02:04 AM

does it take the 12v in border dies

TheOtherMeg 05-11-2009 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puppydoggrins (Post 14016822)

It sure does! :lol:

patricia gervais 05-11-2009 06:17 AM

thanks i have the revolution tool and love it buts its wearing so i would get this if i can use it for 12in border dies

Erin in Okc 05-11-2009 09:59 AM

Where are you guys reading about a 12" electronic one? I can't believe I'm even thinking about this...I won't buy the small one, but a 12" one I would consider.
Where can I read about the 12" one?

stampencamper 05-13-2009 05:46 AM

I feel most confident with my wizard, which seems to be the only one with a metal
handle, also. I cracked my cuttlebug handle with just adding an additonal piece
of cardboard.
This machine above, also has a plastic handle, enough with the plastic equipment for cutting dies, that's my proirity for now. The rolling rod looks like the wizard and is probably metal,
but everything else is plastic which can crack. IMO

Erin in Okc 05-13-2009 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampencamper (Post 14045387)
I feel most confident with my wizard, which seems to be the only one with a metal
handle, also. I cracked my cuttlebug handle with just adding an additonal piece
of cardboard.
This machine above, also has a plastic handle, enough with the plastic equipment for cutting dies, that's my proirity for now. The rolling rod looks like the wizard and is probably metal,
but everything else is plastic which can crack. IMO

Ooh, you're right about that. I'd pay more for something I felt more confident wouldn't crack.

ljwil 05-13-2009 07:11 AM

As far as copying goes, I think that if I was a manufacturer and someone made a die-cutter that took *my* brand of dies, it would be totally ethical for me (and almost *expected* of me) to come up with a machine that accepted theirs. :mrgreen:

Can't wait to see what kind of dies they'll come up with for a 12" machine: *real* sized boxes and envelopes for starters!!!

patricia gervais 05-13-2009 09:12 AM

quickkutz have standards like no other their products are exceptional

Novell 05-13-2009 10:37 AM

I heard the rumor is that they will delay the 12" model cuz they want people to buy the 6" and not wait for the 12". I have no idea when either is scheduled to be released, though.