Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Question on Cuttlebug Machine-Want to Purchase (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/question-cuttlebug-machine-want-purchase-332634/)

monizcel 03-14-2008 03:28 AM

Question on Cuttlebug Machine-Want to Purchase

My DH forgot to buy the Cuttlebug at Joann by last night when it was on sale at the craftstore. So he has told me to go ahead and buy it :)

I found a site where I can get the machine and a set of alphabet dies for $90 which I know is a great price, or just the machine for $60 (along with a limited edition set of dies). It is from Happy Scrapping Scrapbooking.

If I only plan on using the Cuttlebug for cards and not scrapbooking do I need the alphabet dies? I think they would be too big to place on cards and I'm not so 'perfect' when it comes to working with little/thin cutouts such as the alphabets would be.

I'm thinking to save the $30 and put it towards other dies I would use/more embossing folders (what I'm really interested in).

I'd like to purchase it this weekend, so your help is greatly appreciated :p

kristarill2005 03-14-2008 03:31 AM

subscribing, wanna hear too.

I want one as well but don't know what to get..

Good Questions!!!

Krista

Susannk 03-14-2008 03:53 AM

Hi
Do you have a Michael's or an AC Moore by you? It would be much cheaper to buy the machine there with a coupon it would be like $36.00 and you wouldn't have to pay shipping that you would probably if you bought it online. I use my cuttlebug a lot for Scrapbooking so I do use the alphabets but in cards I have only used the embossing folders so far. I would skip the alphabets for now if you are uncomfortable with them and go for the embossing folders. Good luck

kristarill2005 03-14-2008 05:11 AM

Where do you find a michael's coupon?

Thanks for the heads up!!!

Krista

Anilu Magloire 03-14-2008 05:13 AM

Same here. I'd get it at M's with a coupon and get those amazing embossing folders with the money saved! I am not a big fan of CB's alphas...

monizcel 03-14-2008 05:24 AM

Thanks for the info. It's too far to get to a Michaels/AC Moore's and even with the coupon the price is almost the same.

I'll stick to the embossing folders/simple die cuts for now and see what I really like and take it from there.

Thanks!
:D

HeatherHolbrook 03-14-2008 05:26 AM

I got my Cuttlebug at Michael's with a 50% off coupon so it was only $40! Not sure when they'll have another one but it was a great deal.
I have the Olivia alpha die set and I like it alot, you couldn't put a long sentence on a card but a word or two will fit great.

Vickie Y 03-14-2008 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monizcel (Post 9147947)
Thanks for the info. It's too far to get to a Michaels/AC Moore's and even with the coupon the price is almost the same.

I'll stick to the embossing folders/simple die cuts for now and see what I really like and take it from there.

Thanks!
:D

Good decision. :) And, you'll be happy with happy scrapping scrapbooking's service and fast shipping. I've ordered several times from them and have not been disappointed.

Have fun with the bug!

dal 03-14-2008 09:24 AM

I just got my bug on this last Monday from CreativeXpress.com the bug was on sale for $35.00 but did not come with any dies and folders (which is fine as the standard ones that come with the bug are not that great). I picked up a die and some folders from Michaels and ordered a bunch more from all that scraps. CreativeXpress is also selling the bug with an alphabet set of your choice for $65.00. Shipping is about $7.95 - $12.00 depending on where you live.

Savagetwin 03-14-2008 11:33 PM

Try www.busybeescrapbooking.com
I got my cuttlebug from there and also she has all the folders in stock. Fast shipping!

Julie in Indy 03-15-2008 05:21 AM

I bought mine at Michael's with a coupon and I think it was roughly $40.

momymilr 03-15-2008 05:56 AM

Got mine at Creative Express a while back. It is still in the box and I have not even opened it! I guess I need to do that...

stampin8mom 03-15-2008 01:30 PM

In regards to your question about using an alphabet - I didn't think I'd ever use an alphabet set, but got a great deal on a couple and bit the bullet and bought them.

I am SO GLAD I did. I don't use them every day, but they come in so handy when I want a specific word or just one letter (monogram, etc). I hate alphabet stamps because my words always come out crooked, but with the CB letters, I can line them up and they add dimension and look great!

huntin'widow 03-15-2008 01:37 PM

Just got the Michaels ad for the upcoming week. They have a 50% off for March 16th. They have a 50% off for Good Friday, a 30% off for next Saturday and the regular 40% for the rest of the time. There's also a 2 day sale next weekend. The 50% off is the best way to pick up an alpha set!

sunnysnowflake 03-15-2008 02:32 PM

Get todays newspaper!!!! Or weekend or whatever you have. Just make sure the M's coupons are in there!

amyz2988 03-15-2008 02:48 PM

I've been finding the alphas on ebay for very cheap prices! At Hobby Lobby they cost around $80! But on ebay I've seen them for around $40 or less, including shipping! I know you can use a coupon at HL, but how often do the 50% ones come out? Not often for me!

Klarson 03-15-2008 06:58 PM

Can the cuttlebug use Revolution Dies from QuicKutz?

huntin'widow 03-16-2008 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huntin'widow (Post 9162585)
Just got the Michaels ad for the upcoming week. They have a 50% off for March 16th. They have a 50% off for Good Friday, a 30% off for next Saturday and the regular 40% for the rest of the time. There's also a 2 day sale next weekend. The 50% off is the best way to pick up an alpha set!

MY BAD - was to excited and didn't realize the Bug & accessories is 25% off in this ad so that nixes using the 50 off.

Klarson 03-16-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klarson (Post 9165638)
Can the cuttlebug use Revolution Dies from QuicKutz?

????

curias 03-16-2008 02:55 PM

I mentioned in another thread that yes, they can cut Revolution dies, but detailed dies, like the dragonfly and adornments I did have trouble with them. So t may depend on the die. Maybe I am the only one who had troubles.

For all you new Cuttlebug owners, don't forget to check out my video tutorials.

here is one one the Cuttlebug.

http://scraptime.ca/blogpage/?p=156

And here is one using Competitor's Dies.
http://scraptime.ca/blogpage/?p=159