Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Question for Cricut Owners (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/question-cricut-owners-188627/)

stampinsam 10-04-2006 12:40 PM

Question for Cricut Owners

I just got the Cricut yesterday. LOVE IT!!!! Worked like a charm on the first try (thanks to all the setting tips from people on here). That is an amazing machine. Anyway, when I was in the LSS a while back, they were demoing it. She asked me to tell her a word and she would cut it out. So I said "Florida" or some place. She cut it out and it was the whole word all connected in one piece in a script like font. When I was reading the book and playing around yesterday, I only noticed single letters could be cut, plus the phrases that came already programmed. Is there a certain cartridge that allows the words to be cut out as one thing instead of each individual letter?

Also, if you have the boxes cartridge.....do you love it? Where are there good deals on cartridges?
Thanks!

bluebearry2429 10-04-2006 12:43 PM

I think that is one of the cartridges you can buy not sure what one I will go look and see if I can find it.

I just got mine last week and I love it too so much fun.

bluebearry2429 10-04-2006 12:48 PM

Umm I did not find it as least I am not sure what one it would be here is a great link that shows you all the books for all the cartridges http://www.cricut.com/information/ca...handbooks.aspx
Maybe you can looka th t books and you would remember what it looked like I didn't see any that it looked like you could cut that way but I might of missed it.

Carebear530 10-04-2006 01:29 PM

I didn't think you could do that with the cricut, but if you can I would be very interested. Can't wait to see what you find out.

h2j3 10-04-2006 02:29 PM

in the last cricut newsletter, I think that they talked about doing that with the Jasmine cartridge. hope that helps.

hooked_on_stampin 10-04-2006 02:50 PM

Joann.com has the cartridges 25% off and you can use a code to get free shipping. I've been told at several Michaels stores that you can no longer use the 40% coupon to buy a cartridge. This could vary by areas. Hope this helps.

MaggieMay 10-04-2006 03:30 PM

Yeah, I think it is Jasmine that connects the letters like script writing.

stampinsam 10-04-2006 04:36 PM

Jasmine

I think it is the Jasmin cartridge. I looked on the Cricut website where they have all the guide books and that looks like it. Thanks for all your help! Now I need that cartridge too.
Thanks

debbiedesigns 10-04-2006 04:37 PM

I just preoredered two of the new cartridges from a Kim Slaymaker, [email protected], and here was her pricelist:
Cartridges $55 (all in stock)

Tool kits $17.50

Blades & mats $7 per 2 pack package

Tote $60 Have to be ordered, I don’t have room to store these. =0)

Trimmer $7

Trimmer blades per two pack $3

I have not gotten anything yet, but she has a good reputation on the Cricut Yahoo group.

NurseT 10-04-2006 04:40 PM

Its the Jasmin cartridge...

Michaels and Joannes will not let you use a 40% off coupon on any cricut stuff the only place that I know of right now that will still let you use the coupon is AC Moore and I was told they will stop that very soon!

Wendybell 10-05-2006 01:57 AM

I'm still "Cricut-Challenged", so these books are fun to look at! I haven't seen a demo of a Cricut, although I bought one a few weeks ago (great price, couldn't pass it up!). I NEED to get me some lessons! Thanks for the link!

albrennick 10-05-2006 02:34 PM

Sorry, but the Cricut does NOT have that capability right now. There are a certain amount of words on most of the cartridges that are connected but you can NOT Program your own words and have them connected. I have had my machine since May and have every cartridge, it just isn't possible, but we are all hoping for this feature sometime in the not so distant future. HTH.