Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-09-2008, 06:47 AM   #41  
Forum Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sands4everForums at Splitcoaststampers
Great thread! I just received my nesties and haven't used them yet.

Marsha
You are in for a treat! I would recommend that you make a hard copy of Katestamps sandwich stack to have at your work area - it makes it ever so much easier to get it all assembled in the right order. For fun, take a stamped image and prove to yourself how easy it is to get a nice centered image using her technique. You will be amazed at the results!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2008, 07:29 AM   #42  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossForums at Splitcoaststampers
You are in for a treat! I would recommend that you make a hard copy of Katestamps sandwich stack to have at your work area - it makes it ever so much easier to get it all assembled in the right order. For fun, take a stamped image and prove to yourself how easy it is to get a nice centered image using her technique. You will be amazed at the results!
I don't suppose I'd be lucky and Nesties would work in my old red Sizzix machine, would they?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2008, 07:33 AM   #43  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by punchaddictForums at Splitcoaststampers
I don't suppose I'd be lucky and Nesties would work in my old red Sizzix machine, would they?
As I recall they do. I don't have the old Sizzix machine, so I never copied the instructions. If you do a search on the Tools and Product thread for Nesties and Sizzix, it will no doubt bring up the threads that discussed this. Good luck finding the info!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2008, 08:34 AM   #44  
Splitcoast DirtyDozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by katestamps716Forums at Splitcoaststampers
My downline (cmustopa) came up with these sandwiches which I find work MUCH better than the other ones posted AND you can see the image you're cutting out.

CUTTING (from the bottom up):
A Plate
B Cutting Plate
Paper/Cardstock (stamped) face UP
Cutting Die, face DOWN
C Plate
The advantages of this are that a) you can see exactly where you are cutting around your image, and b) the C plate is sturdier than the B plate and can withstand more direct pressure from the Cuttlebug as it goes through. I have also found less embedding of the die in the plate this way, even though the conventional instructions for die cutting with the Cuttlebug say to do it face up.

EMBOSSING (from the bottom up):
A Plate
B Plate (can be the same one you cut with)
Die with cut piece still inside (flipped over so you canít see the image)
Tan rubber mat
2 layers of HEAVY cardstock (I use a folded A-2 card made with 130# cover stock)
B Plate
Other instructions tell you to put the cardstock shim directly on top of the die, and then the rubber mat. I find I get a better impression this way. You may want to experiment with the cardstock shim layers, using 3 layers of 90# cardstock if you donít have 130#. However, I have not cracked one B plate since I started doing it this way.
Another advantage of doing it this way is that when youíre switching back and forth between cutting and embossing, you only have to change the top plate.
I agree with this configuration of plates. I did a bunch of swap cards last night that have four pieces using the nesties. I was able to get through them relatively quickly with the B plate on the bottom -- and just exchanging the top B plate for a C plate when I embossed.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2008, 10:22 AM   #45  
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:

Originally Posted by katestamps716Forums at Splitcoaststampers
My downline (cmustopa) came up with these sandwiches which I find work MUCH better than the other ones posted AND you can see the image you're cutting out.

CUTTING (from the bottom up):
A Plate
B Cutting Plate
Paper/Cardstock (stamped) face UP
Cutting Die, face DOWN
C Plate
The advantages of this are that a) you can see exactly where you are cutting around your image, and b) the C plate is sturdier than the B plate and can withstand more direct pressure from the Cuttlebug as it goes through. I have also found less embedding of the die in the plate this way, even though the conventional instructions for die cutting with the Cuttlebug say to do it face up.

EMBOSSING (from the bottom up):
A Plate
B Plate (can be the same one you cut with)
Die with cut piece still inside (flipped over so you canít see the image)
Tan rubber mat
2 layers of HEAVY cardstock (I use a folded A-2 card made with 130# cover stock)
B Plate
Other instructions tell you to put the cardstock shim directly on top of the die, and then the rubber mat. I find I get a better impression this way. You may want to experiment with the cardstock shim layers, using 3 layers of 90# cardstock if you donít have 130#. However, I have not cracked one B plate since I started doing it this way.
Another advantage of doing it this way is that when youíre switching back and forth between cutting and embossing, you only have to change the top plate.
I just got my classic rectangle set a half an hour ago and tried them a few minutes ago. I used these directions in my cuttlebug and it works so awesome...I love it and it is so easy. It's as easy as punching out with a punch but only looks a lot nicer...Thanks Katestamps...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2008, 12:42 PM   #46  
Crimping Master

Default same here

Quote:

Originally Posted by amyz2988Forums at Splitcoaststampers
I hold the die in place with a sticky note. I'm a stamp first, cut later person and this always works for me!
I do this also but use a piece of removable tape. Stamping after cutting does not work for me, I never seem to get is centered perfectly. Stamping first and aligning the die gives me a perfect placement.
My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2008, 01:52 PM   #47  
Compulsive Stamper

I wanted to send out a BIG thank you to katestamps for sharing her info. I got my nesties 2 days ago and was scared to use them. heehee I was afraid I would break a plate. I found her instructions and they were so easy to follow and worked great the first time I tried it. Thank you again Kate!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #48  
Insane Embellisher

Smile

Hey ladies I justed found this website that tells you basically everything you need to know about nesties. Not sure if it has ever been posted before but please check it out. It even shows cardstock cuts for each size and shape. I love it!!!!! I'm so excited!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2008, 04:53 PM   #49  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrina+2Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Hey ladies I justed found this website that tells you basically everything you need to know about nesties. Not sure if it has ever been posted before but please check it out. It even shows cardstock cuts for each size and shape. I love it!!!!! I'm so excited!

Ummmm....what's the website you're referring to? My mind-reading sensors are on the blink right now and I need some hints!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2008, 07:51 PM   #50  
Insane Embellisher

Sorry Here's the link! nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/spellbinders_faq/index.html
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2008, 03:13 PM   #51  
Matboard Maniac

HELP - I've got a Sizzix Machine, a Big Shot Machine and today someone tried to tell me I should get the Cuttlebug to use for my nesties. Is it really that much easier? I can't imagine having another machine while the other two work so well with everything else. AND, I could spend that $40 (can get it for 50% through today), on so many other things. I'd appreciate input from anyone who has used their nesties with both the Sizzix and Cuttlebug - do you have a preference, and why? Thanks, Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-31-2008, 05:09 PM   #52  
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to neighbor_nancy

I use my Big Shot and it works just fine! I wouldn't buy another machine if you are just using it for nestabilities!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-01-2008, 09:38 AM   #53  
Crimping Master

I find to be no problem... I just do my sandwich a little diffrently and put my paper face up on my B plate, then put my nestie with the cutting side down where I want it on my paper, then my C plate on top
Please come visit my blog.... nancy's creative mess
Reply With Quote Likes