Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Question about Cricut Deep Cut Blade (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/question-about-cricut-deep-cut-blade-439403/)

com4n6 05-28-2009 03:55 AM

Question about Cricut Deep Cut Blade

Please forgive if this has already been asked.

Can I use the deep cut blade on everything? Every since I got my expressions, I have had yucky cuts on my stampin up paper (even with max pressure and blade depth). Then I found the multi cut function. I have to cut everything at least twice.

My blade now needs exchanging (just because I have done lots lately) and I am wondering if I can just get the deep cut blade and that is it. IF I can, would that solve my problem of having to use the multi cut function for every cut?

I have seen videos (love The PinkStamper) and all the videos I have seen, it only cuts once and the paper comes right out.

Any help would be most appreciated!

TIA
Corrie

My3LittleMonkeys 05-28-2009 06:03 AM

Yeah, mine works just fine with one cut. I wonder if you need to adjust your blade depth on your regular blade housing. Have you tried that? And you said you replaced the blade, right?

With that said, I cannot see what it would hurt to use the deep cut on all your paper. Just be sure you are not going through your mat!

annie* 05-28-2009 06:27 AM

We have a brand new Expression. We are experiencing cutting problems too. I am not sure if it is a default in the blade, or if we have the wrong settings, or if there is something else that we are doing wrong. It doesn't want to cleanly cut cardstock and I have been wondering how to fix the problem. I will be eager to hear what advice you are given. Does anyone think this is an issue that warrents contacting Provo Craft?

My3LittleMonkeys 05-28-2009 06:32 AM

annie~when you say it is not cleanly cutting cardstock, is the blade making it all the way through the paper? Do you have it set at max pressure? Have you tried adjusting the blade depth?

You can surely call PC and I am sure they will be happy to help. I know for a while they had issues with the original blades being dull. Mine was fine, but you may also want to try a new blade.

Check out www.cricut.com for their facts section that will answer common problems. They also have a message board.

HTH

annie* 05-28-2009 06:42 AM

Thanks for your suggestions. Sometimes it seems to cut ok, and other times it does not cut at all. It sometimes seems to tear the paper rather than cut it. We are using ordinary cardstock. We are going to keep playing around and see if we can figure out what we are doing wrong.

My3LittleMonkeys 05-28-2009 02:37 PM

annie~when does it cut OK? Does it have anything to do with the type of item you are cutting out (detalied vs. undetailed). Also, are you using the same thickness of cardstock each time, or does it only cut well with thinner?

Have you tried to increase pressure and decrease speed at all? Have you played with the blade depth?