Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Promarkers? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/promarkers-522551/)

dlsplu 05-16-2011 08:42 AM

Oops the link I think you meant to share for what color of promarker best matches which copic, isn't a link. That make sense?? LOL Would you mind trying again Smudger?
Thanks!

Smudger 05-16-2011 08:44 AM

whoops! Its here YouTube - PROMARKERS VS COPICS - WHATS THE DIFFERENCE.AVI

Smudger 05-16-2011 08:44 AM

oh i got the wrong impression - i thought you wanted the comparison between the two
i dont have a master list of colour matching. yeeps, I only use ProMarkers

wiccababe 06-26-2011 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smudger (Post 18205451)
There are definitely not two of them, there are several - depending on how fair - dark you want the tone to be. My fave is Soft Peach for dark for shadows, Oatmeal for mid tines and dusky peach for light tones x

I think the lady meant that there were 2 skin tone packs - Letraset produce a "skin tones" pack of 5 and a "skin accents" pack of 5 promarkers.
personally I use Burnt Orange, Coral, Sunkissed Pink and Blush for caucasian skin, but the faint-hearted can omit the Burnt Orange lol
I'm Letraset's Product Coach for Scotland and have a lot of simple tutorials here The Crafty Cuttings of Wiccababe: Promarker Tutorials
:D

KimberlyinMN 06-26-2011 03:05 PM

I just purchased 36 of the ProMarkers and really like them. :) They have sets available with colors that blend well, so I wrote down those colors and then ordered the colors from Carpe Diem. Realistically, I think the colors in these sets cover pretty much all the colors I would need. (Hmm.. except for oranges and grays, now that I look at my list.) :) I did previously own all of the Copic Ciaos, but I like the size of the ProMarkers. I also don't think I would need to own ALL of the colors.

Promarker Blending Sets

VIVID
Sunflower, Gold, Pear Green, Olive Green, China Blue, Midnight Blue, Plum, Aubergine, Crimson, Burgundy, Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna

PASTEL
Vanilla, Satin, Meadow Green, Apple, Pastel Blue, Powder Blue, Lavender, Lilac, Pastel Pink, Baby Pink, Putty, Tan

MUTED
Buttercup, Tulip Yellow, Tea Green, Soft Green, Cornflower, Blue Pearl, Orchid, Purple, Dusky Rose, Antique Pink, Caramel, Cinnamon

dctalktexas 06-27-2011 01:14 PM

Are they hard to blend without a brush tip?

wiccababe 06-27-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dctalktexas (Post 18464658)
Are they hard to blend without a brush tip?

not at all, they blend perfectly using the bullet tip - and even with the new ultra fine nib - have a look at my blog - all my colouring is done with promarkers :)

Jeanne S 06-27-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiccababe (Post 18464991)
not at all, they blend perfectly using the bullet tip - and even with the new ultra fine nib - have a look at my blog - all my colouring is done with promarkers :)

K... you got my attention with the snap on nib. Do you need one for each color? Just trying to picture in my head what happens to the ink that wicks into the attachment.

Any chance they might be coming out with a snap on brush nib too?

wiccababe 06-28-2011 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne S (Post 18466528)
K... you got my attention with the snap on nib. Do you need one for each color? Just trying to picture in my head what happens to the ink that wicks into the attachment.

Any chance they might be coming out with a snap on brush nib too?

it would be preferable if you kept one snap on nib for each colour - I wouldn't have thought they'll bring out a snap on brush nib as that's quite a big nib for the ink to wick into. However the Tria markers which are also made by Letraset and use the exact same ink as Promarkers already have a brush nib - they are modular, refillable and they come with 3 nibs as standard plus there are nib kits available for other options

Jeanne S 06-28-2011 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiccababe (Post 18466685)
it would be preferable if you kept one snap on nib for each colour - I wouldn't have thought they'll bring out a snap on brush nib as that's quite a big nib for the ink to wick into. However the Tria markers which are also made by Letraset and use the exact same ink as Promarkers already have a brush nib - they are modular, refillable and they come with 3 nibs as standard plus there are nib kits available for other options

That makes sense. I already have some Promarkers (no Tria's yet) so I was just curious about options.

I do like the teeny nib option though. Do you know when those will be available?

wiccababe 06-30-2011 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne S (Post 18467632)
That makes sense. I already have some Promarkers (no Tria's yet) so I was just curious about options.

I do like the teeny nib option though. Do you know when those will be available?

yup, they're available from letraset.com from Monday 4th July - details here ProMarker Ultra Fine Nib 3 Packs | Letraset Blog - Creative Opportunities

Jeanne S 06-30-2011 09:04 AM

Thanks!

agovernale 07-04-2011 08:56 AM

Does anyone use BOTH copics and promarkers. I am finding that there are promarkers that fill in the color "gaps" that copic has yet to fill. I own all the sketch markers including the new 12 markers and yet seem to find gaps with the E's especially. I was thinking of ordering a few promarkers to fill in as they seem (at least on the color chart and the few videos I have watched) to have some colors that bridge copics. Anyone out there in the same boat??? I would love to hear from you.

Jeanne S 07-04-2011 01:52 PM

I have both (plus a few more brands. Ha!).

I don't have enough to give you color suggestions, but they do blend well together.

I love pink 07-04-2011 08:19 PM

I agree they colour the same, but the thing I did not like about pro was that they didn't have the brush tip, were more like the original copic. I tried them about 2 years ago when still living in England so not sure if you can get them with a brush tip etc!

agovernale 08-20-2011 10:51 AM

PROMARKER LABELING SOLVED!

2 Attachment(s)
Promarker Labeling
I own all the copics and love them. Recently, I added a bunch of Promarkers to my collection and also love them,especially for the soft pastels that I use for my LOTV images. But... how to label them?? My friend, Kim and I tried everything (we think) and nothing we already owned worked!

If you store, as I do, in an x-cube, bucket or in a way where you need to see the color on the end of the marker, then you need to create your own color label for the promarker. Kim found the perfect punch to create a label. It is the "mini flower" by Punch Bunch punch ($3.99) that was purchased online.

Just punch on white cardstock (not label material as the glossy finish makes the ink slide off), then use a dot of sobo glue (white glue) on the flat cap end and pick up the punched blossom. I punched all my blossoms at once and arranged them flat on a table. Then I put a dot of glue on each flat end cap and pressed the cap onto the little blossom. Tap down to make sure it is stuck on the cap. Wait a sec to dry . When dry, use the chisel end of the marker to color in the blossom. I tried coloring the blossom first and they are just too small to then glue on. This way works best. Perfect color match and best of all, you can see your colors perfectly. In the instances of the lighter colors, I colored over two times so I could see the color. See the attached pic.

While this sounds like a no brainer, it was hard to find a punch to fit the cap. The cap measures 1/4 inch but it is rounded and our 1/4inch punches were a smidge too big causing them to tear or fall off. After trial and error, this punch gave us the size big enough to see the color but small enough to fit on the cap and NOT rub off when used or placed against other markers. I am sure anyone who owns those mini punches that come in a set from the big box stores can do the same. I just did not want to buy an entire set of these tiny punches for one super tiny punch.

Hope this helps others trying to label these cool markers!

KimberlyinMN 08-20-2011 12:02 PM

I do the same thing, although I cut the circles with my Cricut. :) I also put Diamond Glaze over the colored label to seal in the color and hopefully to make sure the label stays on forever.

agovernale 08-20-2011 03:02 PM

Great idea. Did not think the cricut would make them small enough. Tells you how often I use mine. I am getting into it, though, but that is a chat for another thread. LOL! Thanks for the idea. I am sure I will be getting more of them!

buggainok 08-20-2011 04:21 PM

Okay ladies, I only have so much resistance in me - and this thread used it all up.:)

I just went to CarpeDiem and ordered 3 sets of the Pro Markers. I am thrilled with the price and the colors I got.

I have a hodge-podge collection of markers, Copics, Shinhan Twin Touch, and Bics and Sharpies. I am equal opportunity and looking forward to getting these!

agovernale 08-20-2011 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You will love them too! Here is a chart that LOTV distributed for those who want a close color comparison chart with copics.