Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   product info (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/product-info-373991/)

Barb Nesta 08-16-2008 05:16 AM

product info

Okay girls-I have a question for all of you . If you only were able to buy 1 machine for die cutting, embossing etc which would it be. Now I'm not talking about the cricut type of machine-more of a manual, easily moved unit. Thanks Barb

tchk 08-16-2008 05:29 AM

I LOVE my Cuttlebug and would definitely recommend it.

buggainok 08-16-2008 05:50 AM

Another vote for the Cuttlebug. It's reasonably priced, especially if you use a coupon at Hobby Lobby or Michaels. It's small, lightweight, and easy to use.

You can use all the wonderful CB embossing folders and it works for the Nestabilities, too.

I use it more than any other tool I own except my paper trimmer.

SKICIO 08-16-2008 07:22 AM

Big Shot accepts any die and embossing folders too. It cuts any material from paper, cardstock, chipboard, felt, leather, almost any material :)

gaylestamps 08-16-2008 09:24 AM

Could not stand to be without my Big Shot!

eured99 08-16-2008 09:26 AM

I just got a big shot and I'd choose it over my CB! It's so much easier to do die cuts and use nesties with and with much less effort. Wish I'd gotten one of them in the first place!

amyz2988 08-16-2008 09:27 AM

I LOVE my cuttlebug! It accepts any type of die that I've ever tried! Even the new SU dies for the Big Shot. I truely reccommend the cuttlebug! :)

RiverIsis 08-16-2008 10:54 AM

I have space issues - BIG space issues so I went with the cuttlebug because it is more portable for me. If I could leave it out I may have chosen differently but the bug has served me well.

pjw2855 08-16-2008 12:25 PM

I would go with the BIGkick or BigShot without question. Both machines are virtually the same, just different colors and slightly different look. Operate exactly the same. Both machines are much sturdier than the Cuttlebug and heavier. They have a larger width area for your dies and embossing items. Both will fit just about any die or embossing item manufacturered. Also will cut multiple materials and will cut through several sheets of cardstock at the same time for multiple die cuts.

Both can be purchased in store with a coupon and also go on sale quite frequently at either AC Moore or Michaels. (Not sure if Michaels does carry the BigShot or not.) Some AC Moore stores do carry both machines. Cost is not much different than Cuttlebug.

No extra shims or whatever needed when using Nestabilities. Only need rubber mat and cutting pads.

I can speak from experience of having both the BIGkick and Cuttlebug. I now only use my BIGkick for personal use. Cuttlebug for demo and classes for Provo Craft.

Obviously, these are my personal opinions and other people may differ.

Patti

Barb Nesta 08-17-2008 01:26 PM

Thanks for all of your help! Barb

Barb Nesta 08-17-2008 01:28 PM

Thanks for all you help!! Barb

tropicallady 08-17-2008 01:38 PM

torn

I've been torn on whether to get a die cut machine but I have been seeing such wonderful videos using the cuttlebug to emboss on cards.

qoedvc98 08-17-2008 02:56 PM

another Cuttlebug user here - I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything. I just ordered my first set of Nestabilities so I can use my Cuttlebug even more now. :)