Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Problems with White SU pen? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/problems-white-su-pen-335411/)

iu97alum 03-25-2008 10:12 AM

Problems with White SU pen?

Anyonehaving problems with their white gel pen from SU? I ordered one (told it was better than the other type) and it doesn't write very smoothly and I constantly have to keep going back over my writing (which makes it ugly). Am I doing something wrong using this pen? Is there some sort of trick to get it to "flow" when writing and make it smooth? Pls help! I don't want to have ordered this for it not to work now!!!
:(
thx,
dana

robynstamps 03-25-2008 10:15 AM

Yep! I have had problem with my last two SU white Signo pens. I've just about given up on them!!

Curly Chick 03-25-2008 10:19 AM

I have had mine for over a year and haven't had any problem with it. I tend to use it more for highlighting things though, like dots on the scallop punch and dots on Print Pattern bg. Don't think I have tried to write with it, I will have to try that...

Pamela

wilma bass 03-25-2008 10:23 AM

I have trouble with both of mine too! One will not write at all and the other one will only write sometimes. All I use it for are dots and/or dashes. Anyone else? Has anyone found a "cure" for it?

babybrownie 03-25-2008 12:17 PM

My white signo gel pen from SU! is a dud, too! I'm glad it's not just me! I thought I was just not doing it right, but I have to go back over writing as well. I've decided to just use it for embellishment, like mentioned by previous posters. It's a bummer... :(

19stamper59 03-25-2008 01:42 PM

I'm having problems with mine, also. How should they be stored?

Scrapjanny 03-25-2008 01:58 PM

I had trouble with my last 2 also. I'm using the Souffle white pen now, and it works great for me.

iu97alum 03-25-2008 02:07 PM

well, for over $4 a pen, it shoulD WRITE! That's the reason I bought it... I think I'm going to contact my SU person and let them know. The Soufle pen is great, just not as dark as this one... :(

brooklynsmom 03-25-2008 02:19 PM

gel pens

I have had TONS of gel pens in lots of brands, but they all seemed to be pretty much the same in how smoothly they write. Like another poster said, i never use it very much, except to make dots and such. I don't know what SU would do if you asked them, but maybe send you another one?? I know there are lots of white markers out there too, (can't find mine at the moment) but you might try that, with a fine tip
HTH

deb_loves_stamping 03-25-2008 04:31 PM

I've given up on my Signo gel pen. I've had two of them. I find that if you dont use them constantly, eventually you cant get them going again. And it is SO frustrating! I finally found a Sharpie Poster Paint marker (white) and it is FANTASTIC. Just be sure to get the water based one and not the oil based one. I've also ordered some new white pen from Ellen Hutson's store - something that came out at CHA. I'm not sure exactly what its all about but I know that she was raving about it, so I thought I would give it a try.

iu97alum 03-26-2008 06:44 AM

thanks everyone for your comments. I emailed SU this morning. I'll let you know what I get for a response. :) If I order from Ellen in the future, I'll definitely check the other pen out. Is the sharpie Acid Free? That's the reason I wanted the SU pen so i could use it on my scrapbooks.

gaylestamps 03-26-2008 06:50 AM

The more you use them, the better they behave - I don't know why. Sometimes I have to tap the point against my workpad before I start writing (hold at an angle). I practice on a bit of scrap before I start on my project, to make sure the flow is good. HTH.