Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-24-2008, 12:26 PM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update: Cutathome.com? What do people think of this?

ok...I'm trying to have a better feeling about the fact that we haven't received our Nestabilities. But, when I ask this question:

Still have not received my February 1st order: So when will you be shipping.....Sheila Pavelec

Just any FYI:

and then I receive this comment:

I still haven't received my first back order shipment from Spellbinders yet. All updates are posted on our blog. I will be shipping January's first, then start on February's. I will ship as soon as I receive product!

Thanks Sheila,

Marcie
Cut@Home

and then I write: I went to your Blog Marcie...but couldn't find this particular info. But thanks for updating me.
Sheila

And then I RECEIVE: See if March 11th and 17th posts will help you. Thanks Sheila!

Marcie

Is realize that this is the best company for the money...but I wish her Customer Service would be more respectable since she does have a lot of customers who haven't received their orders. She's backlogged til January.

I just wanted an FYI. I tried to check her BLOG and her webpage. I saw that Papertrey Ink had received theres...and just wanted to be treated as a good customer that I am.

Just wondering what people think again?

Sheila
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 12:31 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

I am still waiting on a January order......patiently.....patiently.....patiently
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 12:37 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I have ordered from Marcie many times and do know that as soon as she gets the nestabilities in, she will ship them. It is her supliers that are slowing the shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 12:45 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I have also ordered from Marcie a few times and even talked to her on the phone about one of my orders. She was very nice and I'm sure that she is just as frustrated that she is not able to send these quicker.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 12:49 PM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougswifeView Post
I am still waiting on a January order......patiently.....patiently.....patiently
I have also talked to Marcie and I'm sure that she is just as upset or more than we are. Good thing is: she doesn't charge you until it ships.....so when it comes it will come. Patience is a virtue, I'm sure it won't be much longer. Hang in there!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 12:59 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

I have had nothing but amazing service from her. EVERYONE was out of stock. The company themselves posted saying they couldn't keep up. Stores are just now getting supplies in. It isn't Marcie's fault.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 01:11 PM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Even though there is a wait, I'm so thankful she is still letting people order and use their 40% off coupons when doing so. Most other companies would just close ordering and say "too bad, wait until we get more in". People know that there is a backlog everywhere and if you think you can get the same deal somewhere else and get them sooner, I'm sure you could cancel. I can't imagine the frustration she must be feeling as well....we just love the nesties too much and have cleaned everyone out! Hang in there....I know she will ship them the moment they come in, in the order everyone placed their orders. Unfortunately, some of us may have to wait a little while (if you're on the bottom of the list).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 01:13 PM   #8  
Kookie Creator

Not a good thing...been charged plus a dollar for each additional month that it hasn't been shipped.

Just an FYI.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 01:18 PM   #9  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappingALLView Post
Not a good thing...been charged plus a dollar for each additional month that it hasn't been shipped.

Just an FYI.
Your dollar charge should be refunded/reversed. Marcie is awesome at sending things out ASAP. I think everyone is backordered on Nesties right now... and I am assuming that is what you ordered.

Just be patient... Marcie is honest!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 01:19 PM   #10  
Forum Fanatic

I will say that I have placed three earlier orders with Cut @ Home and although they took a while to arrive, they did all arrive in time. I do know that there are quantity problems from the manufacture and Marcie goes in the order that your order was placed. If you have paid things will come....nestabilities are crazy popular. I had the pleasure of speaking with her for my second order with the delay, she is a one person operation and she does her very best to get things to us quickly. Once they come she ships them ASAP.

(I also have one set of Nest. on order and have been charged $1, but that is because the transation expires after one month from the input day, if nothing is processed the transaction becomes void...which is why I got to speak with her, she needed all my information again since she does not charge anything until the product arrives at her home.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 01:21 PM   #11  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

I suspect that due to their 40% coupon, they get far more orders for nestabilities than other places. Therefore the backorder is much larger too. Based on what Marcie posted on the blog it sounds like cut@home just gets whatever the manufacturer decides to ship (as opposed to calling up and saying I need X number of oval scallops, please send me X). So if she has 100 backorders and the manufacturer only sends her 30, everone else's orders remains back ordered. It's not her fault. If she could get more, she would.

I just wish the manufacturer would get smart and realize that if they would find a place in the states to make these things (rather than in China) even if it would cost more to make, they would still end up on the positive side because they could sell so many more. Unfortunately, I'm sure it's not that simple and maybe they have tried. I know from other businesses that sometimes there simply are no plants left in the states (like textile mills - they've nearly all closed because they couldn't compete with China et al). Phew - maybe I ought to get off my soap box now. Sorry for the hijack.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 01:24 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

I don't think that Marcie intended any disrespect from her email. I think (in general) that email can get misconstrued very easily as there is no way to control tone or inflection in an email.

Everyone is doing everything that they can to ship the Nesties when they get them. Please consider how word of mouth can affect a business when posting here in the forums. There have been times that I have wondered about an order with other companies but do not post because I'm afraid that it may hurt their business. I myself am considering starting an online business but would be horrified if someone posted an ill remark about my business on SCS as it has the potential to destroy it in a hurry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 01:28 PM   #13  
Hardware Hotshot

This was my first order from cutathome as well. I asked the other day about almost the same thing. My less than 100% warm fuzzy feeling was coming from the response I received when I had contacted Marcie about my order. I was directed to the blog for an answer. I feel that isn't the best customer service-- why not provide the update in the response to the customer and say "For further updates check out our blog at www._____.com." My luke warm fuzzy feeling was further worsened when I was looking on the wrong blog -- there are two on her home page (one in the menu bar, which is the correct one and another further down the page, called the Pink Donut).

I knew from reading PTI's forum that Spellbinders doesn't seem to provide fantastic info to their customers, which makes it hard for PTI/Marcie/etc to provide great info their customers.

I received an email from Marcie today stating the following:

Quote:

Cut@Home's authorization to charge your card is only valid for 30 days. Since the Nestabilites are back ordered, it was necessary to charge your card 1.00 to keep our authorization active. As soon as the Nestabilites ship, we will charge the balance (that's your total minus 1.00). We are still expecting our shipment to arrive the middle of March and your order will be the first ones we ship.

Thanks!

Marcie
Hopefully, they will be in my hands soon and will be worth the wait. Hopefully, you will have yours soon as well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 01:29 PM   #14  
Kookie Creator

I'm on a pre-order list on another companies online business for some supplies. I'm not being charged...and she will contact me when this order is in order. I'm just saying...maybe pre-order is a better business practice then taking thousands of orders and then trying to decide when yours ships. Don't charge me so we don't have the dollar issue...and all the problems. My friend ordered after me and also received hers already. Just my two cents which I am entitled to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 01:43 PM   #15  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered the Paisley Nesties last week from Marcie's site and got them today. So it's only certain shapes. And I'm pretty sure what she does is authorize the cc not actually charge it when she gets the order. If she didn't authorize them how would she know if she had a valid cc # or not? I'm just trying to support someone who gives us great deals!! Oh and by the way, I am still waiting for my February order of the squares set so I'm in the same boat as a lot of you.
My Stampin' Up! site

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 02:15 PM   #16  
Mad Swapper

I'm doing my best to wait patiently. Honestly, I didn't feel patient about waiting for the circles set, so I paid around $30 more and bought them from Ellen Hutson who had them in stock. I wanted to support her anyway because of all of the education she's done on them plus the fact she was part of the driving force behind them.

It's your money, so you can choose to take it where you want. Just be prepared to pay a little more. Either way they are a great deal.

Smiles,
Anne

P.S. Did I mention I've also bought some from Papertrey Ink because of all of the education Nichole has provided on her blog?! I like to spread my money around. ;-)

Last edited by Stampin' Adventurer; 03-24-2008 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: added last sentence
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 02:25 PM   #17  
Stampin' Fool

I wouldnt take offense at the email. I'm sure they get tons of inquiries each day and it's probably just the standard cut and paste answer. (just guessing, I dont really know)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 03:18 PM   #18  
Kookie Creator

Just cancelled my order. I would rather give my money to a great company. Thanks for listening to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 04:08 PM   #19  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Just cancelled my order. I would rather give my money to a great company. Thanks for listening to me.
Did you ever try to call? I've successfully ordered from Marcie but made sure that I didn't order any backordered items. My orders have come quickly and I have no complaints whatsoever. She returns calls in a timely manner and clearly explains what's going on.

Email is really hard--it's very impersonal.

That said, when I do decide to order more Nesties, I'm willing to wait a little longer for the great price with the coupon. If I need instant gratification, I'll go ahead and spend a little more Thank goodness this is a want and not a *need*

Check out my blog

Here's my gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 04:33 PM   #20  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I've gotten nesties, plus other products from Marcie before, have spoken with her on the phone and have some nesties currently on backorder.

I think she runs a "great company" and am happy to let her deal with the backorder issues rather than waiting for someone to post "so-and-so has nesties" and then hope I get my order in before they run out. This way I know I am going to get what I want, and at a fantastic price from a really nice lady.

She's got a very busy business- she sells many other things besides the nesties- and she is wonderful and patient if you need to talk to her on the phone.

I'll wait for my nesties, and be glad to do business with such a nice person.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 04:46 PM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

I agree. Marcie has been very wonderful and prompt with her emails and with her shipping once the nesties arrived. I will stick with this wonderful vendor. I can not say enough great things about her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 04:54 PM   #22  
Kookie Creator

I totally apologize for anything I said to hurt Marcie or her company. I truly am a greatful and good person. I guess I'm feeling a little overwhelmed these last few days because I'm losing my brother to Diabetes and now he has pneumonia and his losing his battle for his life. I know...no excuse. Forgive me and if you knew me...you'd realize I wear my heart on my sleeves. Once again, let me apologize for my poor behavior and bad taste in placing this on a forum.

Sorry,
Sheila
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 05:14 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I totally apologize for anything I said to hurt Marcie or her company. I truly am a greatful and good person. I guess I'm feeling a little overwhelmed these last few days because I'm losing my brother to Diabetes and now he has pneumonia and his losing his battle for his life. I know...no excuse. Forgive me and if you knew me...you'd realize I wear my heart on my sleeves. Once again, let me apologize for my poor behavior and bad taste in placing this on a forum.

Sorry,
Sheila

(((Sheila))) Not to worry, Sheila. And I'm quite sure Marcie would be very understanding, too.

I'm so sorry about your brother. I've lost two of my brothers, and it is so hard. Particularly if you haven't lost other relatives yet. Death and dying are hard to deal with anyway, but it's such a heartache when it's a sibling. I'll be thinking of you and your family.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 05:32 PM   #24  
SCS RAK Coordinator

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Quote:

Sorry,
Sheila
Oh Sheila, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. My prayers go out to you and your family. I hope you understand that those posting in support of Marcie aren't trying to make you feel bad about your choice. It is certainly your prerogative to decide to cancel your order. Given that you are the second person who had your type of reaction to her email, perhaps Marcie will consider some additional wording to help make people feel more comfortable about the backorders. There's always room for improvement.

4 out of 3 people have problems with fractions.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 07:06 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Hi Sheila,
I am so sorry to hear about your brother too. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Sending you big hugs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2008, 09:07 PM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert

Sheila I am also so sorry for your families struggles. My thoughts are with you. I am also waiting for my Jan, feb and March orders. One thing you may try is to make sure her emails are not hoing to junk mail. I have received many updates regarding the nesties.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2008, 03:10 AM   #27  
Matboard Maniac

i hAVE ORDERED FROM MARCIE in the past and trust that i will get my my jan order it isnt really her fault its spellbinders from reading the posts everyone wants nestabilities soi will patiently wait
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2008, 03:45 AM   #28  
Hardware Hotshot

Default I agree

this is a pet peeve of mine also, if a company knows there is a backlog of orders for a product, then she should post on main page that this may be an issue. NOT after you have gone through checkout to find it out then, or after rest of order is received, and wait and wait. I am experiencing the same thing with another product, another company. I beginning to think this company, I am dealing with, is waiting for me to cancel, so they don't have to pay the additonal postage for one item to send they didn't have.

Quote:

I'm on a pre-order list on another companies online business for some supplies. I'm not being charged...and she will contact me when this order is in order. I'm just saying...maybe pre-order is a better business practice then taking thousands of orders and then trying to decide when yours ships. Don't charge me so we don't have the dollar issue...and all the problems. My friend ordered after me and also received hers already. Just my two cents which I am entitled to.

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"

Last edited by stampencamper; 03-25-2008 at 03:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2008, 04:54 AM   #29  
Die Cut Diva

I just received the large scallop squares from Ellen Hutson...so I am pretty sure she still has them in stock. She has excellent service! I like to support her because she is the one who "taught" me how to use them them (through her blog) and I'll pay more to not wait and get superb service.

I am not familiar with CAH, so I do not have anything to go by except what I am reading here. it sounds like the owner is doing the best she can with the heavy orders. You do save 40% on one item but you have to be patient. Which is more important....saving $ or getting your Nesties quickly?? ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2008, 05:17 AM   #30  
Forum Fanatic

I am also a newsletter subscriber at Marcie’s site and every time she sends an update, which she does do, she tells us what items are still on backorder and any updates she has. Honestly, it is typically the four main shaped spellbinders that are on back order. I think the 40% off coupon she offers makes people order through her, it was why I did in the first place, and although there is a wait for back order, they do come. Just try to be patient.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2008, 01:54 AM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

just got word my jan order is on its way this is a great company that i have dealt with for 2 years and feel that sometimes when things are very popular and high demand and the mother companywho makes the item had no clue that this was going to be as popular as it is and as she said it came on a slow boat friom china
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2008, 07:28 AM   #32  
Rubber Obsessor

I don't think the customer service has been bad at all. Marcie has sent e-mails and updates her blog as to what's happening with the Nesties. It's all beyond her control. She probably sells more of them than any other company because of the discount she offers and I'm sure she has people calling and e-mailing her all day long asking about their orders. I think putting the info on her blog is a way to inform a large number of people at one time instead of replying to each individual e-mail and saying the same thing over and over.

I'm still waiting for my two orders from February and March (trying to be patient...but it's hard). I'm just hoping that Spellbinders has enough to go around to fill Cut at Home's backorders soon. If I wanted them quickly, I'd buy them somewhere else. I did buy a few sets at Joann.com and when I get my full sets from Cut at Home I'm hoping to sell the duplicates.
Reply With Quote Likes