Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-11-2010, 04:21 AM   #81  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by heidi419View Post
Omg...I am so TICKED at my Michael's. I went there today and had them look up the UPC number. They said that the gun was showing they had 4 of them. So, the girl looks all over the store and says she can't find them. Sooo, I said to her, uh, well can you look in the back to see where they are?? And she goes, well, we don't really have anything in the back that I can look at; it's all in overhang. ???? What is that supposed to mean?! I was so angry! I just walked out of the store. I'm getting really tired of going there. No one EVER seems to know what the heck is going on there. I'd really like to get an ATG and get it from Michael's, but I don't know if that's gonna happen. Ugh.....
It's really too bad that so many Michael's have so many employees like this. I am very lucky. I went to the Michael's in Robinson and looked around for quite a while before starting to leave. The woman at the registers asked me if I needed any help. I tried to explain what I was looking for and she said she had read something about getting them in, but hadn't seen them yet. So she took me around the store to look for them and then offered to look in the back for me. She spent about 10 minutes looking and finally found them! I was very lucky I found the right person to help me! It is just really unfortunate they don't have more employees like the one that helped me!! I hope you get one soon. I have both the red one and now the pink one and I LOVE mine!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 09:52 AM   #82  
Matboard Maniac

Default I guess I got Lucky!

I just learned of the Pink ATG Gun yesterday when I was searching online for a new adhesive, and then of course I learned they were all the rage. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it, and quick, because I have a crop this weekend!

I checked one Michael's store on my lunch hour yesterday, the clerk said they had them, but they sold out very quickly. I was bummed.

After work, I tried calling a different Michael's. I got a very friendly employee who knew exactly what I was talking about. In fact, she said that she had put 2 of them out over a month ago and had not sold one! I asked her to hold one and she said she didn't think it was neccesary, but I didn't want to take any chances. I am sure she thought I was nuts! I was able to pick mine up last night!

It is so purty and I can't wait to use it....right after I figure out how to load it!

Last edited by kraftkris; 08-11-2010 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: cuz
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #83  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by kraftkrisView Post
It is so purty and I can't wait to use it....right after I figure out how to load it!
It really isn't that hard at all. I just loaded and used mine for the first time last week. Just be sure to look at the picture as well as reading the instructions. I only needed one try at the loading. I'm sure you will love it. I do, and the pink makes it all the better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #84  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by speanburg4View Post
It's really too bad that so many Michael's have so many employees like this. I am very lucky. I went to the Michael's in Robinson and looked around for quite a while before starting to leave. The woman at the registers asked me if I needed any help. I tried to explain what I was looking for and she said she had read something about getting them in, but hadn't seen them yet. So she took me around the store to look for them and then offered to look in the back for me. She spent about 10 minutes looking and finally found them! I was very lucky I found the right person to help me! It is just really unfortunate they don't have more employees like the one that helped me!! I hope you get one soon. I have both the red one and now the pink one and I LOVE mine!!!
Oh that's great!! I love when people try to do everything they can to help! Yeah, the girl at the store I went to could have at least went back and checked (or pretended to at least). But no. She just told me they wouldn't be back there. Whatever. I'm going to try a few more Michael's and see what happens. I'm glad you had luck and have fun using it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 04:22 PM   #85  
Insane Embellisher

We've got two Mike's in town...called both of them, gave them the UPC code and neither had the pink ATG. Not surprising...our Mike's is so very pathetic as far as papercraft stock. And I pretty much know what's there since I'm in there at least three x/week. We don't have HL or AC Moore, and our Joanne's really only carries DSP and ribbon, for all intents and purposes.

Oh, well...I've pretty much spent my wad this month anyway. I'll just keep looking when I'm in there. Thanks for the heads-up!

Blessings,
Kat
"Be Still and Know That I Am God" Ps. 46:10
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #86  
Stazon Splitcoast

Two Michaels stores in my area finally got these in stock yesterday. One store had two, the other originally had six but has already sold four of them. The Michaels SKU number, 156893, was mentioned on another forum and it was helpful in tracking it down. Using that number, it was easy for a salesperson to look it up on their system.

You can't count on them being displayed in the scrapbooking department. One store had them on the opposite side of the store, near floral.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 05:15 PM   #87  
Matboard Maniac

Since I don't live near a Michael's I decided to go ahead and order one from Scrapbook.com. It was only $29.99 with two refills and I went ahead and purchaced 2 more refills for around $6. I also ordered a few other things and got in on a special they were running for free shipping with a $50 order. Now I am just anxiously waiting its arrival!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #88  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftsView Post
Two Michaels stores in my area finally got these in stock yesterday. One store had two, the other originally had six but has already sold four of them. The Michaels SKU number, 156893, was mentioned on another forum and it was helpful in tracking it down. Using that number, it was easy for a salesperson to look it up on their system.

You can't count on them being displayed in the scrapbooking department. One store had them on the opposite side of the store, near floral.
Getting closer....called one Michael's here with this SCU #....they didn't have any (with -0- on order), but she said the other store should have some. On hold now.....OH! The thrill of the hunt!! :p And I just downloaded my 40% off coupon, too. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Kat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 05:58 PM   #89  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitkat55View Post
Getting closer....called one Michael's here with this SCU #....they didn't have any (with -0- on order), but she said the other store should have some. On hold now.....OH! The thrill of the hunt!! :p And I just downloaded my 40% off coupon, too. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Good luck, Kat.

That 156893 number is a SKU (pronounced skew), which stands for stock-keeping unit. It's the easiest way for Michaels to track it. Hope you find one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 07:22 PM   #90  
Mad Swapper

Thanks to stumbling across this thread, I went to Michael's with a coupon today, and $22 later, I am the owner of a pretty, pink ATG. I already have the red one.. but it never hurts to have a spare, right? I was considering taking apart my red one and spray painting it pink, even bought the Fusion paint already-- this saved me the trouble, and I'm sure it looks better than what I would have done!!

As far as quality.. and something being wrong, nothing seems wrong with mine. I used it already and it works like my other one. The 2 rolls of tape that came with it, though, were another story. They were VERY loosely wound, so I didn't even try it.. I could tell by looking at it (big gaps, very squishy, could even see right through it in many places the gaps were so big) that had I used it, it would have ended up a big mess. I have a huge stash of tapedepot tape, so I just popped one in, and it was perfect!!

And my Michael's employee was great. I walked in thinking they'd be back with framing supplies, but didn't see anything. I saw an employee close by and asked if they had the pink ATG's, and she said, "Oh, I know what you're talking about.." and led me to the paper crafting aisle, and there they were! I'm sorry for you guys who have run into bad employees-- maybe I just lucked out, she was great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 08:14 PM   #91  
Mad Swapper

I was just on another website that was talking about the pink ATG, and it seems that the defective part that caused the delay was indeed faulty tape that is included. I could tell just by looking at it, that it was faulty. No biggie.. just glad to have my pink gun!! They also said the manufacturer stated the only difference is that the pink one isn't made for industrial use-- but that will be fine for us!

Comparing my red 714 to this, they are identical in almost every way-weight, shape, function... The only difference, and it's a very slight difference, on the pink one, the black plastic parts on the inside of the gun are made from a different plastic than the red one. It's matte whereas the red one is shiny. I'm not saying it's flimsy or it's going to break.. it's just a little different.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-11-2010, 09:06 PM   #92  
Insane Embellisher

GOT IT!!! Well, almost....the second Mike's found their shipment and they're saving one for me. Woo-hoo! :p I'm so jazzed!! I've wanted one of these forever!

However, reading the past few posts, I'm wondering if I'll be able to use it with the tape that's already loaded in it. Do you think if I can find the replacement cartridges there at Mike's, they'll work? Or will I need to purchase the replacements thru TapeDepot?

Soooooo glad I saw this thread this morning!

Blessings,
Kat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2010, 05:11 AM   #93  
Mad Swapper

It will probably depend on the lot you got. I must have gotten what remains of the bad lot. The problem was only with the 2 rolls of tape that were included in the box with the ATG. I'm sure the replacement rolls that you buy separately are fine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2010, 08:11 AM   #94  
Stazon Splitcoast

That's funny...at my Mike's the Pink ATG was in the adhesive aisle. The one with spray adhesives, mod podge, etc. Nowhere near the papercrafting section. Our store just rearranged (again) everything, though.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2010, 08:37 AM   #95  
Mad Swapper

Yeah, these were at the very end of the punches aisle.. sort of on an end cap. Like I said, I checked framing supplies first, then I was going to check the adhesive aisle, but I happened to run into the employee and she took me straight to papercrafting.. I guess they know us well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2010, 10:40 AM   #96  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

The Michaels SKU number, 156893, was mentioned on another forum and it was helpful in tracking it down. One store had them
THANK YOU Judy M for posting the SKU. Had traveled to my M's on Tuesday, hoping to pick one up using my 50% off coupon. Spoke with a sales associate who said they did not have them. Yesterday, I called corporate M's and they could not help me as I did not have the SKU number at that time. Looked up this thread and you had posted the SKU number. Today, I called corporate again and they said my M's had 3 in stock. Called the store, and they finally located it in the back room. Traveled over 70 miles and spent two hours in transit to pick it up. Spoke with the manager and asked if I could return the item I purchased two days ago using the 50% off coupon, and repurchase it with the 40% off coupon I had, and also get the ATG using the 50% off coupon I no longer had in my posession. She was very gracious and permitted it. WOO HOO! I now have an ATG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2010, 11:57 AM   #97  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

GOT IT!!! Well, almost....the second Mike's found their shipment and they're saving one for me. Woo-hoo! :p I'm so jazzed!! I've wanted one of these forever! ...
Way to go, Kat. Your persistence paid off.

I'm glad to hear they would hold it for you. My closest Michaels said the product was "on the shelf" and they refused to remove it for a hold. The second store I called was happy to save one for me, and I was willing to drive further to deal with them instead.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2010, 12:08 PM   #98  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhtpaView Post
THANK YOU Judy M for posting the SKU. ... WOO HOO! I now have an ATG
You're welcome, Jeannie. Good to hear that the SKU # helped you locate one in stock. Seventy miles and two hours in transit -- that's dedication. You deserve it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2010, 12:36 PM   #99  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikiBeeView Post
I was just on another website that was talking about the pink ATG, and it seems that the defective part that caused the delay was indeed faulty tape that is included. I could tell just by looking at it, that it was faulty. No biggie.. just glad to have my pink gun!!
I picked up my lovely PINK ATG today on my lunch hour....it's soooo purdy! :p :p My Michael's had, indeed, held it for me up front. However, when I dashed back to my car to inspect my new best friend, I see what some folks were posting about the tape that was included in the small red box inside the ATG box. It really doesn't look like it was wound tightly enough. Hope it works...never did find more of these on the store shelves, so I wasn't able to purchase more tape (hoping a new box might look better). Didn't have time to load it as my lunch half-hour was long over ;), so I'll give that a shot tonight.

I've heard about the great prices for these refills at the Tape Depot, but when I go to www.TapeDepot.com, I don't see any way to actually purchase from them...looks like paid ads on the left side. What am I doing wrong??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2010, 01:00 PM   #100  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I've heard about the great prices for these refills at the Tape Depot, but when I go to www.TapeDepot.com, I don't see any way to actually purchase from them...looks like paid ads on the left side. What am I doing wrong??
You're probably referring to www.TheTapeDepot.com. The name starts with the word "The."

Last edited by Crafts; 08-12-2010 at 01:07 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2010, 01:10 PM   #101  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

You're probably referring to www.TheTapeDepot.com. The name starts with the word "The."
Ahhhh......so THAT's the trick! Should've thought of that myself!! :oops:

THANKS! I'm heading to THE TAPE DEPOT right now!

Appreciate your quick response!!

Kat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2010, 11:57 AM   #102  
Die Cut Diva

I GOT ONE! Our Michaels hardly ever gets in anything new, especially anything this exciting. I stumbled onto it quite by accident earlier in the week. (You really have to go hunting for these things. Do they want to sell them or not??)

Anyway, my birthday is in two weeks, so I informed my husband that I had a 50% coupon for this week (AC Moore) and that's what I wanted for my birthday. He got it today and offered to let me have it right away, but I'm going to try to be a good girl and wait until my birthday ...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2010, 09:39 PM   #103  
Insane Embellisher

I got my lovely new pink ATG loaded this morning, AND I LOVE IT!! It was easy to load and it only took me about 5 minutes to get used to it. It's much more daunting in appearance than in practice. It's so quiet, too!! That was an unexpected and pleasant surprise! My previous fav, red Pritt/Duck, was quite noisy, especially towards the end of a roll. Since my craft room is right next to our bedroom, sometimes the tape runner would bother DH. But I could sneak in to my craft room and work all night now without DH knowing!! ;) It also holds things like crazy! I did 30 monogrammed wedding thank you cards this afternoon and these have several layers and ribbon ~ not a problem at all! I didn't even have to use any Scor-Tape to hold down the dry embossed layer. Woo-hoo! I used about 2/3 of the roll, but with the Pritt/Duck, I would have gone thru at least 3 refills.

I am SO GLAD I found this thread. It prompted me to act quickly to take advantage of this great deal. With the 40% coupon from Michael's (we don't have AC Moore's here, so no 50% coupon :(), it was just a little over $20.

Going back to play with my new toy....

Blessings,
Kat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2010, 10:20 PM   #104  
Crimping Master

Mine was registered to ship last night. Wonder how long it will take to get here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-13-2010, 11:48 PM   #105  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

I am SO GLAD I found this thread. It prompted me to act quickly to take advantage of this great deal. With the 40% coupon from Michael's (we don't have AC Moore's here, so no 50% coupon :(), it was just a little over $20.

Going back to play with my new toy....

Blessings,
Kat
I don't have a AC Moore around here either but Michaels is suppose to accept those! It is listed on our "competitors list". We never get them from customers, probably because no one around here has heard of it. But I use them although I have to point out to my coworkers that AC Moore is on our list!!! Try it~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2010, 05:11 AM   #106  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirterView Post
I don't have a AC Moore around here either but Michaels is suppose to accept those! It is listed on our "competitors list". We never get them from customers, probably because no one around here has heard of it. But I use them although I have to point out to my coworkers that AC Moore is on our list!!! Try it~
Same here. The closest AC Moore is an hour and a half away, but my Michaels store told me that they honor their coupons.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #107  
Glitter Guru

Here in PA I am able to use a 50% off coupon from a competitor at my Mike's. That is how I got my ATG this week. Cost less than $20. Cannot beat it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2010, 06:46 PM   #108  
Kookie Creator

Finally got my ATG in the mail the other day! I will never preorder from Custom Crops again...that was a nightmare! It was available in stores yet they had no shipments available until way after it was in stores. Yuck. But anyway, I like it so far, getting used to it and where to place the adhesive in relation to the end piece. Kind of tricky for me but I LOVE it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2010, 07:23 PM   #109  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yippee! Got my gun today at Michaels. My nearest one in Warner Robins did not have it and had never heard of it, but Macon had one left. They held it for me and I got it with my 40% off coupon!

I am having to learn how to end the tape run. I am doing it wrong as the last few inches are lifting up when I try to stop, but I'll learn! I am so happy and the pink is more intense than I would have imagined. The gun feels very sturdy and I am pleased with the quality. I had some concerns about that but it is not flimsy in the least.

We were all wondering about how much actually went to charity - it says on the box that $1.20 from each sale is going to the Susan Korman Foundation, with a minimum of $25,000. Not bad!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #110  
Polyshrink Goddess

Yup, I just got mine from Visalia CA Micheals this morning.... now my big red has a pink girlfriend yay! I'm gonna keep one packed in my rolling tote for crops. I'm working on duplicating my frequently used tools so I don't have to deal with the hassle of packing and unpacking. ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2010, 07:28 PM   #111  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnephelpsView Post
I am having to learn how to end the tape run. I am doing it wrong as the last few inches are lifting up when I try to stop, but I'll learn! !
Try this.....take your finger off the trigger before you pull the gun away from the paper.
Roll it on the paper....release your finger.....lift up.
See if that helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2010, 09:03 PM   #112  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirterView Post
Try this.....take your finger off the trigger before you pull the gun away from the paper.
Roll it on the paper....release your finger.....lift up.
See if that helps.
I am rolling, and taking my finger off the trigger, but when I lift up, the tape lifts away with the gun. Maybe I need to press down harder with the gun, or lift up at a certain angle? Thanks in advance for more tips!!! ;-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2010, 06:59 AM   #113  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can anyone tell me what the actual difference is between the pink ATG, the red ATG and the yellow ATG? I have been wanting to order the yellow one but recently stumbled upon this thread but haven't seen anyone say much about this. I have seen some responses from people that said they had the yellow or red one and bought the pink one. That sort of leads me to believe there is a difference? Help! I want to order but I am not sure which one to get now...

Last edited by paris062; 08-16-2010 at 06:59 AM.. Reason: spelling error
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2010, 12:40 PM   #114  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnephelpsView Post
I am rolling, and taking my finger off the trigger, but when I lift up, the tape lifts away with the gun. Maybe I need to press down harder with the gun, or lift up at a certain angle? Thanks in advance for more tips!!! ;-)
You need to keep pulling the gun for a bit after you release the trigger before you lift it up. That was the hardest thing for me to get used to when I first started using it.. it bothered me so much I almost gave up. But once you get the hang of it, you won't ever think about it again, it become second nature.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2010, 03:19 PM   #115  
stu
Stampin' Fool

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

I was just on another website that was talking about the pink ATG, and it seems that the defective part that caused the delay was indeed faulty tape that is included. I could tell just by looking at it, that it was faulty. No biggie.. just glad to have my pink gun!! They also said the manufacturer stated the only difference is that the pink one isn't made for industrial use-- but that will be fine for us!
So, it sounds like the quality issue was with the tape included with the pink ATG, not the gun itself (whew!). When I looked at the tape that came with the ATG I bought, it does have gaps. Now I am wondering if that tape can be used at all.

Has anyone tried to use ATG tape that has gaps? If so, what happens and is it worth it to try?

TIA for any answers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2010, 04:22 PM   #116  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuView Post
So, it sounds like the quality issue was with the tape included with the pink ATG, not the gun itself (whew!). When I looked at the tape that came with the ATG I bought, it does have gaps. Now I am wondering if that tape can be used at all.

Has anyone tried to use ATG tape that has gaps? If so, what happens and is it worth it to try?

TIA for any answers.
I was a little dismayed when I pulled out the tape rolls on my pink ATG. They didn't look very tightly wound and I had the same concerns. BUT, to my delight, both rolls loaded fine (yup....already working on my second roll!) and I didn't have any problems with them.

Give it a try...hopefully you'll have the same good experience I did.

Blessings,
Kat

P.S. Since I'm already into my second roll, I guess I'd better place an order for more tape soon! =) From a comment I read earlier today (not sure if it was on this thread or not), is the tape from The Tape Depot NOT the same as the tape from 3M? I figured it was the same stuff....anybody have a reason why it's better to order from 3M than The Tape Depot?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2010, 07:22 AM   #117  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

P.S. Since I'm already into my second roll, I guess I'd better place an order for more tape soon! =) From a comment I read earlier today (not sure if it was on this thread or not), is the tape from The Tape Depot NOT the same as the tape from 3M? I figured it was the same stuff....anybody have a reason why it's better to order from 3M than The Tape Depot?
I have used both, but for cost effectiveness, I buy my tape from The Tape Depot. If you buy in bulk, you can get the rolls for $1.25 each, and it's acid free in case you need that. Also, I personally prefer The Tape Depot adhesive, I think it rolls out smoother and sticks a little better. It's a win win for me.

Shipping is SUPER quick from The Tape Depot too!
(no I don't work for them.. lol)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2010, 08:16 AM   #118  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I have used both, but for cost effectiveness, I buy my tape from The Tape Depot. If you buy in bulk, you can get the rolls for $1.25 each, and it's acid free in case you need that. Also, I personally prefer The Tape Depot adhesive, I think it rolls out smoother and sticks a little better. It's a win win for me.

THANKS, Michelle! I'd better place an order soon, or I'll be back to using my Pritt!!

Blessings,
Kat
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2010, 05:13 PM   #119  
stu
Stampin' Fool

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Quote:

I was a little dismayed when I pulled out the tape rolls on my pink ATG. They didn't look very tightly wound and I had the same concerns. BUT, to my delight, both rolls loaded fine (yup....already working on my second roll!) and I didn't have any problems with them.

Give it a try...hopefully you'll have the same good experience I did.

Blessings,
Kat
Kat, thank you so much for the information that you were able to use the rolls--I was using some non acid free tape for cards, but wanted to use the rolls that came with the ATG for scrapbooking. Guess I should give it a try!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-17-2010, 06:42 PM   #120  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

question for you..
what type do you buy from the tape depot??

Quote:

Reply With Quote Likes