Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-04-2020, 08:59 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resources for Designer Pads and other Resources

I'm getting MUCH closer to knowing what kind of designs I will be using on the containers I'm making for my main area (crafting, work from home), bathroom, etc.

Having said this, I have no inventory to speak of. I need designer cardstock sets (primarily Stamperia and Graphic 45, along with a couple of digital sellers on Etsy). Also need inks, stamps, dies, ribbons, flowers, and general embellishments.

I'd love to buy a "bag" of stuff. Any sites out there that sell a selection of items based on color?

Finally...I have accounts on a ton of sites! So far, I find that the only way to get the deals from them is either wait for a sale (at which point I've already spent my budget for the week by buying what I planned the previous week), or a coupon (ditto).

In a pickle here because I need a ton of stuff, and my weekly budget is around $30-50 a week.

Last edited by Indigo Blue; 05-04-2020 at 11:40 AM.. Reason: Clarity
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2020, 10:26 AM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

You might want to post on the ISO (In Search Of) part of the forum. If you’re on the main page that shows all the categories, it’s fairly far down under “Buy/Sell/Trade.” Here’s a link though: Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2020, 10:27 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
You might want to post on the ISO (In Search Of) part of the forum. If you’re on the main page that shows all the categories, it’s fairly far down under “Buy/Sell/Trade.” Here’s a link though: Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Thanks! I'll give that a try later today. I haven't really checked out that part of the forums yet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2020, 10:31 AM   #4  
Gallery Gazer

It takes a while! I’ve found areas I didn’t know about years after joining! :shock:

What size Graphic 45 patterned pads do you need? And stickers are a must? They come out with new papers frequently - are there certain ones you want? Here’s one on Etsy for $20:

Oops - meant to say if you google “graphic 45 pads stickers” you’ll get some hits. I’d be careful about a very low cost seller that pops up (CFL are initials) based on many reviews. Maybe read about them before deciding.

Last edited by bjeans; 05-04-2020 at 10:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2020, 11:28 AM   #5  
Rubber Obsessor

12x12 and 8x8. Lots of the things I will be creating are large'ish. G45 Flutter is a set I plan on buying. Stickers and Embellishments that match the papers end up giving such a finished look to things. But G45 papers + the embellishments are pretty expensive.

And right now, all the G45 sets I like are retired. Not hard to find, just very $$$. 

I've looked at countless other current sets from a dozen or more brands. Part of the problem is I can't just go look at them in person, so I am being very careful what I spend my money on.

Last edited by Indigo Blue; 05-04-2020 at 11:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2020, 11:45 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjeansView Post
It takes a while! I’ve found areas I didn’t know about years after joining! :shock:

What size Graphic 45 patterned pads do you need? And stickers are a must? They come out with new papers frequently - are there certain ones you want? Oops - meant to say if you google “graphic 45 pads stickers” you’ll get some hits. I’d be careful about a very low cost seller that pops up (CFL are initials) based on many reviews. Maybe read about them before deciding.
I am very familiar with the sales tactics of both Graphic 45 and Stamperia (Heck, a lot of the designer brands do the "retire" thing).

As for Etsy, I'm super experienced with the site. Ordered $2k of stuff from the site last year. Very happy.

I've also come across some very low rent sites offering retired G45 sets for peanuts. No way would I trust those sites. LOL Also found a site in Hawaii, but damn, that's not the point, heh.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2020, 11:56 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

Also, the issue with a lot of the Scrapbook sellers on Etsy is that they price stuff reasonably, and then get you with $10 shipping. So a $20 item is actually $30+. Not all of the sellers do this, but some do.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2020, 12:24 PM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indigo BlueView Post
I am very familiar with the sales tactics of both Graphic 45 and Stamperia (Heck, a lot of the designer brands do the "retire" thing).

As for Etsy, I'm super experienced with the site. Ordered $2k of stuff from the site last year. Very happy.

I've also come across some very low rent sites offering retired G45 sets for peanuts. No way would I trust those sites. LOL Also found a site in Hawaii, but damn, that's not the point, heh.
I was referring to one commercial site that pops up a lot that has bad reviews, not Graphic 45 or Stamperia, which are legit. The initials of the site I’d be wary of were in my post. Yes, of course shipping charges factor in. Good luck finding just what you need.

There are many hundreds of years of paper crafting experience and buying on SCS, so people will surely have ideas for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-04-2020, 11:22 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva

Received 261 Likes on 130 Posts

I am a memory keeper girl. I know my scrapbook lines. I hope I can help.

I know some of us scrapbook girls hit Ebay for complete collections. I have had luck doing that with Graphic 45 & Webster Pages. Webster Pages can be golden unicorns to get a complete. When I say complete I mean complete, lol, like the stickers, flowers, 12x12, 8x8, even 6x6, chipboard, Thickers, dies, stamps, etc.... A lot of my collections I need complete. Looking at you Jen Hadfield's Patio Party, lol.

I am not on FB but several of my scrapbook friends have mentioned that some of the scrapbook forums some of the ladies will do kits by color over at the Facebook groups.

Both of these options the shipping could be killer. I have been lucky and gotten reasonable shipping from Ebay.

It's not a perfect solution but Scrapbook.com does have a list of matching colors and themes for kits you are looking at. For example if you are looking At Graphic 45's Kaleidoscope, scroll down to description and details it will show the matching colors & coordinating products for that color range. They do have stamps, inks, etc in that color range. It is more time consuming and you will need to play with it.

ACDigitals has all the American Crafts lines. SnapClickSupply carries BoBunny, Echo Park, Carta Bella, Prima, & more for complete digital lines. I just bought everything of Carta Bella's Metropolitan Girl & Practically Perfect from SnapClick. They also carry physical to match your digital collections.

When or if your State has reopened Tuesday Morning is starting to open. You can find collections there. I will go to Tuesday Morning for some of my collection and then order the rest online. It's not perfect. I am usually on a $30-$50 a week budget to and it helps stretch it.

Right now I am collecting Echo Park's Mermaid Dream's. I hear your pain trying to find everything. I hope that helps. Don't be afraid to be specific. I can help with specific.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2020, 07:45 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by lylacfeyView Post

I know some of us scrapbook girls hit Ebay for complete collections. I have had luck doing that with Graphic 45 & Webster Pages. Webster Pages can be golden unicorns to get a complete. When I say complete I mean complete, lol, like the stickers, flowers, 12x12, 8x8, even 6x6, chipboard, Thickers, dies, stamps, etc.... A lot of my collections I need complete. Looking at you Jen Hadfield's Patio Party, lol.

I am not on FB but several of my scrapbook friends have mentioned that some of the scrapbook forums some of the ladies will do kits by color over at the Facebook groups.

Both of these options the shipping could be killer. I have been lucky and gotten reasonable shipping from Ebay.

It's not a perfect solution but Scrapbook.com does have a list of matching colors and themes for kits you are looking at. For example if you are looking At Graphic 45's Kaleidoscope, scroll down to description and details it will show the matching colors & coordinating products for that color range. They do have stamps, inks, etc in that color range. It is more time consuming and you will need to play with it.

ACDigitals has all the American Crafts lines. SnapClickSupply carries BoBunny, Echo Park, Carta Bella, Prima, & more for complete digital lines. I just bought everything of Carta Bella's Metropolitan Girl & Practically Perfect from SnapClick. They also carry physical to match your digital collections.

When or if your State has reopened Tuesday Morning is starting to open. You can find collections there. I will go to Tuesday Morning for some of my collection and then order the rest online. It's not perfect. I am usually on a $30-$50 a week budget to and it helps stretch it.

Right now I am collecting Echo Park's Mermaid Dream's. I hear your pain trying to find everything. I hope that helps. Don't be afraid to be specific. I can help with specific.
Wow DeeAnn...that was a crazy great response. I'll go through it sometime this morning..got meetings, lol. And thank you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-05-2020, 01:35 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I have been LOOKING at stuff on Ebay, but so far, shipping has been through the roof. Much like Etsy, where I recently paid 10.99 for shipping, for a retired G45 12x12 pad that included the stickers. Got it quick, but that was unnecessary. I would rather pay less for slow shipments. I'm a patient women.

Quote:

I hate FB, but do you mean there are sellers to do kits by color in FB groups? Can you be a little more specific? I currently belong to 1 group, run by a seller on Etsy is who deals specifically in very niche vintage designs that are PERFECT for my needs. If I did not have so much trouble printing good papers, I'd probably buy the bulk of the designs I need from her, rather then G45 and Stamperia.

Quote:

Buying from someone who you can say to "I can wait a week or more for this" would be awesome. Cuts down on the shipping costs, at least in theory.

Quote:

For sure I need to check that out, though I do not think Scrapbook.com is currently selling any paper sets I want right now. (Not into any of the current G45 sets, and Stamperia is closed currently. Stamperia stuff is easier to find, but they make less pastel stuff than Graphic 45.)

Quote:

Not sure what you mean by digital lines. For me, this means a graphic I download, and then print. (I have ordered a few things like this from Etsy, where I have found a couple of sellers who sell awesome vintage inspired digital content). Cheaper than buying Stamperiea and Graphic 45 pads, but my printer is not the best for printing out pretty graphics (have a laser writer, not an inkjet).

Also, I looked at the brand list on ACDigitals site, and was not interested. None of those brands do much vintage inspired stuff, and certainly not of quality I need. I know the Carta Bella brand does some vintage stuff, but it's way less authentic looking then G45 and Stamperia.

Not sure if you have seen much of my posts, but I'm not making cards. I'm making 3d things like boxes, organizers, display items, and so on.

Quote:

Right before lockdown in my state, I ended up (this is rare, as I do not drive) in a shopping center with a Tuesday Morning and $45 cash in my wallet. After I ran my errand, I walked into Tuesday Morning and found the craft area by accident. Blew my craft budget for the week there. I had no idea they sold craft stuff. I'm DYING to get back there as soon as possible.

Quote:

That's great help! Your clearly after way more sets than I am, but sourcing reasonably priced materials is a big deal right now.

Once stores are open again, I do plan to go totally out of my way and hit Tuesday Morning once a month. I have to plan that far in advance and go during a workday, so it's tricky.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2020, 01:51 AM   #12  
Die Cut Diva

That is highway robbery you paid $10.99 shipping for one 12x12 Graphic 45 pad. That's insane. I have bought complete collections and paid that amount of shipping you paid for one pad. That's insane you got jacked like that. I am sorry. I think because the junk journalers have made Graphic 45 so hot right now there is a bit of price gouging from individual sellers.

I hardly ever buy anything from Etsy unless it's doll related. Paper Crafting I tend to stay away. I admit it I tend to be a bit of an elitist when it comes to paper lines so I want to make sure the seller I am buying from actually knows the lines. There are a lot of sellers on Ebay or Etsy who buy bulk at TM and then resell. That might be one of the reasons why S&H has been crazy for you. Most scrapbookers know the weight of the paper and shipping. They will be fair. I noticed the resellers tend to sell cheap and then go insane with shipping.

I have no FB account at all. I know some of the ladies on one of my forums talk about groups they belong to. I have heard them mention kits by color on the FB groups they belong to. I don't know if it was specific kits or tailored to individual. I do know some ladies who have massive stashes and will tailor by color, theme or collection. They will sell them. Scrapbookers collect paper, stamper's collect stamps, lol. I think Scrapbooker's have more paper than stampers have stamps.

Is Cherry On Top selling any of the collections you need right now? Fair warning their shipping has been crazy for them. They are so overwhelmed right now. They are still carrying at least two seasons ago of Graphic 45. I know you are not in a hurry so that might be a resource. If anybody else is reading this and see something from CherryOnATop they want just be patient with them because they are really trying.

Digital Lines- Definitely the graphics you download. SnapClickSupply has Vintage because they carry a lot of Prima. They also have individual designers who do Vintage. I do a lot of printing of my scrapbook items. I belong to two digital kit subscriptions and buy a lot of digital lines. I don't scrapbook traditionally any more but I still memory keep with journaling. I use collections to make embellishments, ephemera, etc... Buying digital helps save me money so I can buy complete collections of physical when I find the ones that I love. For example- Echo Parks- Imagine That Girl I bought everything in that collection, including digital. The Imagine That Boy I only bought digital since I only wanted a few papers & embellishments. I don't use scrapbook paper in the traditional way. I am making 3d things to.

I thought you were trying to make boxes, 3D items, etc....

We are the same about Tuesday Morning. It's not near me either and I don't drive. The first time I went in I blew $70 and walked out with the WRMK punch board section, lol.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2020, 06:16 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

That is highway robbery you paid $10.99 shipping for one 12x12 Graphic 45 pad. That's insane. I have bought complete collections and paid that amount of shipping you paid for one pad. That's insane you got jacked like that. I am sorry. I think because the junk journalers have made Graphic 45 so hot right now there is a bit of price gouging from individual sellers.
Ever since I got involved in this project and started to look at papers (summer of 2019), it seems both Stamperia and G45 are popular. G45 has Ambassadors, some of whom I am sure are here, who promote the G45 releases. I think that is why they are so popular. I know I got robbed. It was just the first time I had SEEN the pad I wanted for sale, and I was like OMG! Heh.

Quote:

Is Cherry On Top selling any of the collections you need right now? Fair warning their shipping has been crazy for them. They are so overwhelmed right now. They are still carrying at least two seasons ago of Graphic 45. I know you are not in a hurry so that might be a resource. If anybody else is reading this and see something from CherryOnATop they want just be patient with them because they are really trying.
Sorta kinda. I put in a bigger order than I would have wanted, because they have a free shipping code available right now. Got some G45 Bloom stickers, which more or less go with the main set I'm using from 2018, Botanical Tea. Also ordered another 12 x 12 pad / stickers of Botanical Tea, for WAY less than that Etsy order that charged me 10.99 to ship. I'm not super rushed, and it's ok COT is busy.

My current project is still under construction. I'm working on a chipboard version of the tissue cover box that is in the tutorials here. I learned last night I have to go back and make a larger lid. This will be my 3rd attempt to make this chipboard version. ARG. Don't want to waste designer paper on a crappy box.

Quote:

Digital Lines- Definitely the graphics you download. SnapClickSupply has Vintage because they carry a lot of Prima. I am making 3d things to.

I thought you were trying to make boxes, 3D items, etc....

We are the same about Tuesday Morning. It's not near me either and I don't drive. The first time I went in I blew $70 and walked out with the WRMK punch board section, lol.
I need to take another look at SnapClickSupply. So what are you making, if you don't mind me asking? And ah...what kind of printer do you have?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2020, 11:42 PM   #14  
Die Cut Diva

I love to make jewelry out of my designer paper. Not joking. I really do make jewelry like necklaces, pins, earrings. It is a geek thing. I use to sell pieces but life at that time it was to overwhelming so I had to stop. It can take me awhile to make a custom piece. My jewelry section is my bigger than my papercrafting section. I use to have a nice side job making purses and jewelry. Sigh, I am getting nostalgic, lol. This was the days before Etsy, lol.

I do love to make boxes but I haven't made any in a while. I love to make fancy envelopes, embellished tags, doll house miniatures. I love, love, love to make flowers and embellishments. My whole room is set up for embellishment making.

I make home decor like wind chimes, art prints, shadow boxes. I haven't done a shadow box in a while though. I have been getting the itch. Have you seen the Graphic 45 artists who are doing shadow boxes? It is mind blowing.

I haven't done this in awhile either I make the scenes for RPG games. I am still doing it to a degree for my own personal memory keeping. It's more flat embellishments now than the tabletop rooms and props. One of the reasons is that I used my baby Cricut at the time to do all the cutting because it was so mobile. Then baby Cricut went to Cricut heaven and it was to hard to drag my Explore to my RPG group. My DH gave me a Cricut Joy for Valentine's Day. I hope I can start again.

I love to make journal pieces from my scrapbook lines. That is one of the reasons why I buy complete collections. I am layering or making scenes from those collections to turn into unique journal LO's. I have a quirky non-traditional way I do art that gets the side eye a lot, ROFL!

Printers- I use the HP OfficeJet 8700 series. Mine is the 8702. It's not on the market any more. I think it's 8745 was the last release. They are in the 9000 numbers now. It is a pricey printer. My DH gave it to me for a B-day gift. I use HP Instant Ink program. I subscribe to the $10 tier but there are other subscriptions to including a free one. I am really happy with my printer setup. It has been so drama free and consistent. I love it so much. I am always printing. I print a lot in best quality on glossy paper. I use a lot of ink. It takes every paper I throw at it. It was a "gulp" pricey but has been frugal for me in the long run.

I also have a Samsung Xpress SL-M2070 Laser printer. It is only black & white. That one is no longer made. Samsung printers are now under the HP umbrella. My Mom got me that one for a X-mas present several years back. I mainly use it for coloring pages & foiling.

Reply With Quote Likes