Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Nugget Labels (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/nugget-labels-348324/)

SandyKayd 05-15-2008 04:56 PM

Nugget Labels

Well, I was excited about a great find at the Dollar Tree today. I found a pack of 450 address labels that can be used to stamp labels for nuggets. Just a dollar for all those labels! I shared it on the Papertrey forum and my message was deleted! I couldn't figure out why and then I remembered that Papertrey carries the labels also! They should have left it there because people that would buy it at Dollar Tree would just have more money to spend on some of their other things! Needless to say, it kinda hurt my feelings! I like to share things that help other stampers and I am most always a positive person. Just had to air it out!

Kelann13 05-15-2008 06:50 PM

Sandy,

{{Hugs}} Don't be hurt. I know as an SU demo I don't appreciate when people suggest other items during my classes. There community is based around a business and they need to protect that. They are a wonderful company and I am sure they did not mean to offend you.

Just a different perspective.

K.

nancystamps 05-15-2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyKayd (Post 9836475)
Well, I was excited about a great find at the Dollar Tree today. I found a pack of 450 address labels that can be used to stamp labels for nuggets. Just a dollar for all those labels! I shared it on the Papertrey forum and my message was deleted! I couldn't figure out why and then I remembered that Papertrey carries the labels also! They should have left it there because people that would buy it at Dollar Tree would just have more money to spend on some of their other things! Needless to say, it kinda hurt my feelings! I like to share things that help other stampers and I am most always a positive person. Just had to air it out!

Thanks for the tip! I know I won't be the only one scoping out the Dollar Tree for this great find!

SandyKayd 05-16-2008 02:51 AM

I was going on what my SU demo always says. SHe looks out for her stampers, not herself. When someone picks out an item in the SU catalog that can be purchased at a craft store for $$$ less, she suggests that they buy it for less and spend their money on something else in the catalog, such as a stamp set. Her customers appreciate that and they end up usually spending more from her.

banana.cream.pie 05-17-2008 08:49 PM

WOW!! Thanks for the great info!! I'm going to the Dollar Tree tomorrow! :D

TexasGrammy 05-17-2008 10:38 PM

Whatta fab find!!

nancystamps 05-18-2008 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyKayd (Post 9840323)
I was going on what my SU demo always says. SHe looks out for her stampers, not herself. When someone picks out an item in the SU catalog that can be purchased at a craft store for $$$ less, she suggests that they buy it for less and spend their money on something else in the catalog, such as a stamp set. Her customers appreciate that and they end up usually spending more from her.

My demo does the same, and it does indeed have the desired effect!

greetingsbydebra 05-18-2008 05:00 AM

I bought some of those labels and they didn't stick. I might have gotten a bad batch, but I suggest getting just one pack and trying them out before you go crazy and buy out the store. :)

amymcgs 05-18-2008 05:10 AM

I haven't seen the labels at my local Dollar Tree, but I have used the $1 4x6" photo paper found there without any problem. Like Debra suggested above, I'd try out a pack before buying too many... but I will definitely be on the lookout! Thanks for sharing!