Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Non-stick sheet (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/non-stick-sheet-243543/)

Debbie-MO 04-25-2007 11:28 PM

Non-stick sheet

I'm looking for a source for a thin, tan color non-stick sheet that adhesive won't stick to. My friend has one she thinks was used originally for ironing or to line baking sheets. I would like to find a source that has reasonable prices for them since I need several. Can anyone help?

Sara in WI 04-25-2007 11:36 PM

Are you thinking of parchment paper?

misha 04-26-2007 02:55 AM

In Australia these sheets can be bought from patchwork shops as they are also used for applique work ( fusible web). They are around $10au. They can also be bought at speciality cookware shops as they are also used to line baking trays but they are a lot larger therefore dearer $ wise. I hope this info gives you a few more avenues to look in. Regards Kathleen

jtax 04-26-2007 05:00 AM

I got a small craft one at Michaels. Works great! I think it was around $8 but used a coupon of course!

I also have a few cookie sheet size ones in the kitchen - Silpat sheets - I can't cook without them - NOTHING sticks! I think they are about $30...

Carol Haney 04-26-2007 05:48 AM

It's called a Silpat liner. I use mine in the oven to make sure stuff doesn't stick to the pans. Try looking in the kitchen aisles at your Target or department stores. HTH

mom of Marine 04-26-2007 06:18 AM

LSS

I got mine at my scrapbook store.
There were two different sizes, rolled up into a box the size and shape of what you would find foil or wax paper in. HTH

Debbie-MO 04-28-2007 08:45 PM

Thanks for all the input on this question. I asked a local kitchen store and theirs were very expensive. I have a friend who thinks she found this at a fabric store. When I see this one she found I'll let you know about it. We want it to put under cards that we use adhesive on and the glue that gets outside the card goes onto this paper and doesn't stick to it. It's a little like telfon paper. Thanks for all the suggestions.

SouthernStorm 04-28-2007 10:54 PM

I bought mine at Michaels, I think they're $12. but I had a coupon. Purple 12" long skinny box. Melt Art Craft Sheet 9" x 12" by Ranger Industries - yeah, the 'ink' people ;) It says on the box it's great for: Melting Pot, Painting, Stamping, Embossing, Baking. Protects surfaces, nothing sticks, nothing penetrates, reusable,heat resistant, easy clean-up. HTH

HeatherHolbrook 04-29-2007 06:15 AM

Ranger is also the one I'm familiar with, Suze Wienburg (sp?) and Tim Holtz are always using it:) My Michael's carries it but lots of other on-line places should have it too.

gamblemom 04-29-2007 06:17 AM

I have one from my LSS but the major craft stores carry them. They work great. I bet you can find a coupon for one

Lisa62 04-29-2007 06:22 AM

Where did you find the craft sheet at Michaels. The ranger one for inks. I looked in the isle where theys ell his alcohol inks and couldn't find it there. Where else in the store would it be located. Is there anything else clos to it for less money.

Jayelle821 04-29-2007 05:27 PM

I got mine at Michael's with a coupon. They are usually by the melting pot and embossing powders/UTEE.

lamcquinn 04-29-2007 07:56 PM

I got mine at Michael's, too. Archiver's also carries them.

SouthernStorm 04-29-2007 08:08 PM

When I bought my Ranger one, it was by the melting pot and UTEE. Since they've re-done that whole area for Martha's stuff, you may have to hunt it. Oh, the box does say Suse Weinberg at the bottom.

crazycatstamper 05-03-2007 12:29 PM

FYI - I found one today in the cooking gadget aisle of the local ACE Hardware store. It's 13x17 and called "SUPER PARCHMENT" . It was SIX BUCKS!!!!! The package is green with red and it's made by Kitchen Supply out of Forest Park, IL and is their item #2575. AWESOME DEAL, considering the piece they sell at Michael's is half the size for $10!

peg_parenteau 04-23-2010 03:48 AM

heat resistant craft mat

I was at Menard's last night and they have oven mats, you put them on the bottom of your oven to catch spills, WELL....they are the heat resistant craft mats that you pay $12 and up from Michael's or order from Ranger. Guess their price!!! $on sale for $1.99!!! Go get 'em girls. At that price I'll cut them up to a smaller size, like I've wanted to do!

pjw2855 04-23-2010 06:00 AM

The craft sheet by Ranger is great and not expensive at all. It is totally heat resistant. You can iron on it with a very hot iron, heat emboss on it, ink on it, anything. Won't melt, warp or stain. Hot glue and ink just clean off it very easy. I use it on my work surface all the time. I just put some masking tape across each corner to have it stay put.

The Silpat one is great, but is a bit thicker and used for cooking, but of course could be used for crafts also. It is much more expensive.

AC Moore and Michaels in my area sells the Ranger one.

Patti

Sheena74 04-23-2010 08:44 AM

I own the Ranger one- purchased it at scrapbookingalley.com for about 12 dollars and it is the largest one 15X18. I place mine on top of my scor-pal and mat since it stays front and center on my work-area. You can do almost anything on it and it cleans up in a snap. I was reluctant to purchase it (just due to price-until I found scrapbookingalley), and now can't live or craft without it. It saves so much time with clean up and gives me more time to play. I recommend it to everyone now. Now that I know how wonderful it is- I would be willing to pay the non-discounted price for it, if I ever had to re-place it.

Sheena

lynnephelps 04-23-2010 10:59 AM

I just received mine from Miles Kimball online. It is a non-stick oven liner that is 18" x 26". It sells for $12.99 but is currently on sale for $9.99.

http://www.mileskimball.com/MilesKim...tID=0000117160

It is the identical material as the Ranger non-stick craft mat. :D
The small Ranger mat is less than a quarter of this at 9" x 12" and their large sheet is slightly over half the size at 15" x 18" (I think Ranger buys these same items, cuts them up and makes an enormous profit!!!) It is really scandalous how much markup products receive once a "craft" label is put on them!

I purchased two - one for the craft room and one for the bottom of my oven! I am thrilled as it is large enough to really cover my work area. I think it would also be wonderful for glimmer mist, etc. as it is large enough to catch the overspray. When you look at the price of the pink mats that Tattered Angels sells, this oven liner becomes even more of a bargain!

If you sign up for their mailing list, you will receive special offers. I waiting until I received a $1 shipping with no minimum coupon and saved on shipping as well.

I think Beate must have one of these - when you watch her video tutorials, it looks like the mat she often films on is quite large. Just think - this $9.99 mat is TWICE the size of the LARGE Ranger mat. If you didn't need a mat that large, you could cut it in half and share with a friend!
:-)

GlitterGalore 04-26-2010 10:41 AM

I have a Ranger mat, and it is awesome. My only regret is that I didn't get it sooner. Worth every penny.

TeeGeeDee 04-26-2010 10:45 AM

If you do not need it to be heat resistant an inexpensive protective mat is freezer paper (I usually double it over so that both sides are "paper" and then cover my table with it and use a smaller piece "waxy" side up for the purpose you described.

ETA: I cover my table paper side down because I'm not sure if pressure/weight would cause the "waxiness" to rub off onto the table's surface and I double-it to have a paper surface for making quick notes and testing color combos etc. It can last a really long time, esp. if you can move to a different spot each stamping session and you can flip it when it's really messy (just be sure everything is dry so there's no transfer to your table). When both sides are done, I cut up small pieces to use waxy side up (as previously described) with a fresh cover.

sillyfilly 04-26-2010 09:01 PM

You can get a Silpat at Wal-Mart for 10.00. That's quite a bit cheaper than the ones I have seen at the craft stores.

pjw2855 04-26-2010 09:35 PM

I'll have to look for the actual Silpat mat at Walmart. The only one I've seen there goes by another name. Just not sure if it's comparable.

Patti

ckidd 04-27-2010 03:30 AM

I got a oven liner mat or something like that from our local Dollar General for maybe $3.50. So far it works fine. I use it to paint on or spritz stuff on and it wipes right up. Haven't used it for embossing, but I am sure it works just fine for that, since it was designed to go in the oven. I found it in the kitchen section on an end cap.

HTH,
Connie

annie* 04-27-2010 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 16559611)
I was at Menard's last night and they have oven mats, you put them on the bottom of your oven to catch spills, WELL....they are the heat resistant craft mats that you pay $12 and up from Michael's or order from Ranger. Guess their price!!! $on sale for $1.99!!! Go get 'em girls. At that price I'll cut them up to a smaller size, like I've wanted to do!

I found mine at Menards, too! You were able to get a better deal than I did, since mine was $5, but I was so happy that I ended up buying several. They work great for hot glue, other glue, sponging, etc!