Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   New SU foam pads - ink smearing (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/new-su-foam-pads-ink-smearing-557102/)

kgolby 07-06-2012 07:51 AM

New SU foam pads - ink smearing

Has anyone else had this problem with the new SU foam inkpads? I'm using a black pad and even after I've let it dry a few minutes the image is still smearing. Is this happening w/ other colors as well? Has someone found a good solution to stop the smearing? I really don't want to have to pull out my heat gun every time I want to stamp an image. Thanks!

frogwoman 07-06-2012 08:11 AM

I have 5 SU foam pads in Rose Red, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Pink Pirouette, and Chocolate Chip. They all stamp beautifully with no smearing. I have heard other people are having smearing issues with the SU black foam pad. I have not heard of problems with any other colors.

ttemby 07-06-2012 08:27 AM

On the demo side of the SU website they noted that they are aware of the black smearing on Whisper White and Very Vanilla cardstock and they are looking into the problem. They advised us they would keep us up to date on what they find out.

kgolby 07-06-2012 10:03 AM

I was stamping on WW today. Can you keep us posted on this forum whatever the outcome is? Kind of sucks it's not working properly on WW.

ttemby 07-06-2012 10:28 AM

Sure. As soon as I hear I will post the update!

kgolby1 07-06-2012 12:19 PM

Thanks, ttemby. Has SU given a reason to Demos why it's smearing? Is it due to the slicker surface of the WW & VV card stock?

staceylisk 07-06-2012 01:24 PM

They aren't sure yet. It could be a combination of the new formulated ink plus the smooth paper, or maybe just one factor on it's own.

stamp_momma 07-06-2012 01:25 PM

I don't have the new black foam pad, but I do have some of the other colors in the foam. I haven't noticed a problem. Didn't the original Basic Black need an extra touch of dry time, too? It's been so long since I used it that I can't remember, but seems like it did.

ch 07-06-2012 02:08 PM

I'm a black stazon gal---but the colors I have purchased from SU in the new foam pads are excellent. Call your demo, I know SU has been replacing the new black pads.

kgolby1 07-06-2012 02:40 PM

I'm glad the other colors aren't having the same issue. I don't recall if I had to wait when i used the original black stamp pad to dry. I stopped using it so long ago because it wasn't a true black color. I will give my demo a call & thanks for the replies.

debrag4037 07-07-2012 03:40 AM

I had to stop using the Stampin'Up black ink a long time ago as it was more of a purple than a black~

indyemmert 07-07-2012 06:43 AM

The purple issue got resolved. The current black ink is just fine on colored cardstock. The problem is only with Whisper White and Very Vanilla.

binkiemonstermom 07-08-2012 11:47 AM

It isn't just on WW or VV....mine smears on non stampin' up paper as well. I believe it is the reformated black ink. SU is aware of the problem and are working to correct it. Until then, you can use your heat gun to zap it dry and that seems to stop the smearing issue (although I have not done this yet but others say it works),and for those that have ordered them, hold on to them, I am sure SU will resolve the issue and make it right! And since they are backordered right now, you should hold off before ordering bb right now. I have the in colors new pads and LOVE the way they stamp! I am sure once they work out the kink with the bb it will be just as fabulous!!!!!