Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   New edger punches (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/new-edger-punches-419841/)

AbbysGrammy 02-16-2009 07:57 PM

New edger punches

I stopped into Michaels tonight to use my 50% coupon and found a whole end cap of all new EK Success edger punches and single item punches. They are a new design that locks down for better storage. They even have a storage container. I bought one edger to try but they have some awesome ones so I will be going back soon.

momis mama 02-16-2009 07:58 PM

<--------- loves punches!

guess i need to be planning a trip to michael's!

PandaGirl 02-17-2009 04:59 AM

I saw a picture of the new collapsible punches on someones blog and I can't believe how little chatter I've seen about them! They look awesome! Still heavy, but at least they look easier to store. Much easier!

tradergirl 02-17-2009 07:40 AM

You guys can see them on my blog, if you are interested. Click on the pictures to see them better.

http://evafromca.blogspot.com/2009/0...ha-photos.html

Eva

tradergirl 02-17-2009 09:58 AM

Well, I ran out to my Michaels, but had no luck. I guess I have to keep checking. I am in Socal....just so you know, in case you live around here.

Gatomom 02-17-2009 10:03 AM

Some of these look amazing!!! Crud!!

nancystamps 02-17-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tradergirl (Post 13144986)
You guys can see them on my blog, if you are interested. Click on the pictures to see them better.

Eva

Wow, that's a lot of new punches!

kansmom 02-17-2009 10:25 AM

I was at M's in Lawrence, Kansas Sunday and the end cap was empty and went back yesterday with my other daughter and it was FULL!!! we each used a half off coupon for the punches. and yes both are for me. snort! I got the small scalloped circle and the polka dot edger that looks like bubbles. they are ALL metal and cut like buttah!!! now those pesky 40% off coupons are screaming my name. snort!

Gatomom 02-17-2009 10:43 AM

The one that looks like bubbles caught my eye right away!

Crafter 4 Life 02-17-2009 12:09 PM

Not to hijack this thread but 2 of the 3 Michael's I frequent have been moving their beading/jewelry stuff to where the papercrafting items were. Hope this means they are making more room for the papercrafting items!

Haven't seen the new EK Success punches in NorCal either. I think EK Success punches are the best! (Not counting MS punches in this broad statement. They are great when they work and really disappointing when they don't. Have only had a problem with the SU scallop edge punch of the many I have.)

angel1971 02-17-2009 12:36 PM

Did everyone find these at regular Michael's stores or the new re-done Michael's store's???

ellepaul 02-17-2009 12:58 PM

Well I went to Mike's Sunday and they did not have these! Looks like I need to head back there...

ellepaul 02-17-2009 12:59 PM

How much are these punches?

maggimay456 02-17-2009 01:05 PM

I live in the Upper Peninsula of MI...ya know...the place that usually sees the "newest" of things last....and we have those right now! From what I've read they are only available at Mike's for right now...price is $9.99...so what a deal with a 40% or 50% coupons! And they are sweet! I bought the bubbles one and the tree one...but am returning the tree one as it looks upside down to me! Course...it could be me!

Gatomom 02-17-2009 01:20 PM

Stopped at Mike's today - I am in CT the Manchester store - nothing new yet.....still waiting for them to redo their paper section as well.

cardsbynikki 02-17-2009 01:22 PM

Are these similar to the SU edger punches or more similar to the Fiskars ones? I love the SU ones but I have a hard time with the Fiskars. TIA!

ETA: About how much are they before you use the 50%?

askagain 02-17-2009 02:36 PM

These look great! My M's (Reston, VA) didn't have them on Sunday. Will have to check back!

shellca 02-17-2009 02:44 PM

they weren't at the Torrance, Ca store today.. bummer

sunsetbeaches 02-17-2009 02:45 PM

Im also in CT and was at the Manchester store and didnt see them, but found some other goodies:)
Will check back later this week.
Elaine

tradergirl 02-17-2009 02:46 PM

OH wow, they are only 9.99????? That is awesome. I have to agree, I do have problems with my Martha punches, it doesn't like CS that much.

Now I can't wait...I really want 3 of them so bad....hehehe

chispirit 02-17-2009 02:46 PM

I have bought one of those edger punches as well and those are very pretty.

AbbysGrammy 02-17-2009 03:02 PM

The edger punches are $14.99 without a coupon. The others are $9.99.

cardsbynikki 02-17-2009 04:04 PM

Thanks!

Jennifer R 02-18-2009 04:57 AM

I've been DYING to get some of these. I'm going to check out Michaels at lunch time today.

Dotty 02-18-2009 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tradergirl (Post 13144986)

Eva

Thanks for sharing the pictures!! Very cool, and I'm going to be broke! ;)

StampinHappyInCT 02-18-2009 05:28 AM

I don't really need to feed my family, do I? LOL!

These punches are adorable!!! I'm headed to Michael's today ... I hope they have some out.

binx 02-18-2009 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kansmom (Post 13146740)
I got the small scalloped circle and the polka dot edger that looks like bubbles. they are ALL metal and cut like buttah!!! snort!

These all sound great, but it's the bubble one mentioned above that I'll be scoping for! Thanks for sharing the info!

tradergirl 02-18-2009 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansmom View Post
I got the small scalloped circle and the polka dot edger that looks like bubbles. they are ALL metal and cut like buttah!!! snort!

Suuure, just rub it in...hehehe

StampinHappyInCT 02-18-2009 10:02 AM

Well, as usual, Michael's had nothing out! I really dislike shopping that store; they never seem to have anything new.

kansmom 02-18-2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tradergirl (Post 13157561)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kansmom View Post

Suuure, just rub it in...hehehe

snort!
tomorrow I take my dd to get her braces off and will *check* out the M's in Shawnee, Kansas to see if they have any . . . my coupons are already in my purse. snort!!!
now just to decide which one. . .or more. . .snort!

canada goose 02-18-2009 10:56 AM

New Edger punches

I am a happy camper today. Michaels finally got their $1 Easter Stamps ( too cute) and the new EK edgers .

As well as the edgers and storage containers, I notice that no one has commented on the new kits for $5.99 for keeping your punches in tip top order. The little baggie has foil, wax type paper and a lubricant! They also have small packs of colored markers, at least I think thats what they were, as I was too busy looking at the edgers.

I love my papershaper EK punches and so glad to see they now have little ones other than the normal, shapes of square, circle retangle etc.These are $9.99 and even less with the 40% off. run run lol

Oh ,and they just opened a carton of new dollar stamps with a variety of stamps.

They seem to be getting a lot of new stamps (clear ) as well as other stock with two staff members working in the scrapbook section filling up the hooks.Looks like new paper as well.

Boss 02-18-2009 03:46 PM

Oh me, Oh my!!!! Must make a trip to Michaels SOON! :) Wonder if these have hit Idaho yet? I have some coupons burning a hole in my wallet. :cool:

SnowyAK 02-18-2009 06:34 PM

I picked up 2 @ our Michael's today, BUT here they're $18.99 each without coupon. Luckily I had 2 different coupons and my son went shopping with me. :mrgreen:

s_anthony 02-18-2009 07:12 PM

I just spent 100.00 at my Mikes.. got martha punches and stamps for 50% off and various other stuff. Did not see these otherwise my bank would have called me and told me to leave the store...

I did however buy a new punch from Jolees that is for making jewelry, but its a new oval-ish shape I don't have and perfect sized for my ATC's.. I'm sure I'l find a use for it...

TheOtherMeg 02-18-2009 08:54 PM

I love most of these! Looks like it's time to print off some coupons and take the kids shopping. ;)

Printable Michaels coupon good till 21 February

Tip: Click on the link to get the coupon. Open Word. Go back and r-click on the coupon portion of the web ad. Paste (l-click) into the Word document. Copy & paste 4 coupons per page in the Word document. (You can resize the coupons by clicking on them in the Word doc and using the nodes to make them slightly smaller if you need to.) Print on Fast/Economical to save a bit of ink (the coupon still looks fine). This saves paper & ink because you can get 4 coupons per page. If you print from the site you get only one per page.

clln 02-18-2009 09:14 PM

thanks for the coupon!!

Card Maker 01 02-18-2009 10:26 PM

I have a question regarding one of the punches

1 Attachment(s)
It's the one that looks similar to the SU one for using with bind it all or other coil attaching machines to make books.

How does one actually use these? If there is an opening in order to put it around the coil, then wouldn't the page just slip off? I know I'm probably missing something in the translation (re: usage), but I just cannot figure it out.

Thanks.
Joan

pricecheck 02-19-2009 01:50 AM

WOW thanks. I looked at all the pics and have at least a couple must-have picked out. I think I'll return my SU scalloped punch and get these instead.

Boss 02-19-2009 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Card Maker 01 (Post 13166191)
It's the one that looks similar to the SU one for using with bind it all or other coil attaching machines to make books.

How does one actually use these? If there is an opening in order to put it around the coil, then wouldn't the page just slip off? I know I'm probably missing something in the translation (re: usage), but I just cannot figure it out.

Thanks.
Joan

I don't believe the punched paper is supposed to be functional. It was my understanding that the paper would look as though it was torn from a binder. Does that make sense? Sort of a faux coil punch? Perhaps my take on this is incorrect but it is the only thing that makes sense unless you like books with the pages falling out! ;)

TheOtherMeg 02-19-2009 09:55 AM

You're welcome for the coupon. :)

I went to Michaels today and bought six. I'd have bought more but I only had six coupons, so I'll have to go back and get the rest! I got a nice cashier that let me use multiple coupons as long as I paid cash and did them all in separate transactions (too many CC receipts for the same amount at the same time would have looked fishy.)

There are a number of the edge designs that, IMO, are going to punch upside down. They won't be for bottom edges, they'll be for top edges. I got some that will have to be used as either top decoration or by punching a paper strip so I can put it wherever I want.

They are $14.99 at the Michaels in Cincinnati, Ohio ($8.99 with the 40% coupon).