Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   New CM Paisley Punch (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/new-cm-paisley-punch-283175/)

jenrn 09-02-2007 12:56 PM

New CM Paisley Punch

I have a friend that is a Creative Memories consultant and she has shown me the new paisley punch they have. I think it's pretty cool! What do you guys think? I am thinking of buying it....

Do you have any pics of projects you're used it for?

bsgstamps4fun 09-02-2007 01:18 PM

I am a CM consultant and love the new Paisley Punch. I personally used it for my Great Gathering event last weekend. I made several in egglpant and used them to decorate my white Everyday Wall Display. I made name tags using the cutout on orchid paper for contrast. I hung the purple tool tote from the display which held entries for door prize.

I plan to use the punch to decorate scrapbook page layouts using various colors. This punch can be used for so many projects: cards, party decorations, to decorate kids textbook coverings just to name a few.

Definitely buy it while you can. My SU demo friend bought one from me. Sorry, I don't have any pics. I just got my digital camera and haven't started using it yet!

jenrn 09-02-2007 01:22 PM

Thanks for the info, those are great ideas!

I am also thinking of using it with my SU set, Polka Dots and Paisley. :)

bsgstamps4fun 09-02-2007 01:49 PM

Sounds like a good idea. I like that stamp set also. Paisley seems to be big right now with all the paper from SU and CM featuring the design as well as the SU set and the CM punch. They seem to go hand in hand especially with card making.

Let me know if you buy the punch, we can trade ideas. Have a great day!

jutta 09-02-2007 04:58 PM

paisley punch

Does anyone have a picture? How big is it?

Jutta

Yami 09-02-2007 05:48 PM

How much is it???

bsgstamps4fun 09-02-2007 05:51 PM

It sells for $20.50 plus ship and tax

jazz4 09-02-2007 05:51 PM

Call me dumb............... but I can't find more promotions.

jazz4 09-02-2007 05:53 PM

I found it, but you can't really see a pic. of it. Just wondering what the punch really looked like.

Yami 09-02-2007 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsgstamps4fun (Post 7067825)

Holey Torpedo!!! No offense intended, but does it cook, too? That is a LOT of money for a punch....just saying.

Yami 09-02-2007 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazz4 (Post 7067844)
I found it, but you can't really see a pic. of it. Just wondering what the punch really looked like.

If you look to the right, you can see the result of punching paper.......

*O*2*B*stampin' 09-02-2007 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsgstamps4fun (Post 7067825)

And there were complaints about SU prices?!?!?!?

Yami 09-02-2007 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *O*2*B*stampin' (Post 7068011)
And there were complaints about SU prices?!?!?!?

Not from me :) :)

bsgstamps4fun 09-02-2007 06:17 PM

Yes, that's high considering what other brands sell for. However, it is very strong, heavy duty and high quality. If you look on a certain auction site you will probably find one or more of them that people are will to pay double for. Things sell for outrageous prices there when they can be purchased directly from a cons. for the normal price. I guess it boils down to what you are willing to pay.

bsgstamps4fun 09-02-2007 06:24 PM

Yes, and I keep SU in business as well as a customer. It's like anything, if you want quality, you have to be willing to pay for it. For instance, SU brads are much higher quality than the bargain ones I bought awhile back from a big mail order catalog.

purpleflowers 09-02-2007 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yami (Post 7067948)
Holey Torpedo!!! No offense intended, but does it cook, too? That is a LOT of money for a punch....just saying.

I haven't seen it but if it's comparable in size to the marvy scallop punches then that's not all that out of the ordinary. It does sound quite original and certainly peaks my interest.

jenrn 09-02-2007 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleflowers (Post 7069272)
I haven't seen it but if it's comparable in size to the marvy scallop punches then that's not all that out of the ordinary. It does sound quite original and certainly peaks my interest.

I agree. I paid around $20 for each of the scalloped oval and circle punches without balking -- but I *really* wanted them, LOL!

So that said, I wouldn't have a hard time paying $20 for it.

ScrapNStampinMama 09-03-2007 01:24 AM

About the Price thing.........
CM charges like $20 for a DBL punch to where SU has one of the punches(simular) for $15.95
I am a complete bargain shopper and always want more bang for my $.
Just like SU!'s circle punches Marvy makes simular for $7-9 to where SU! is $15.95. It really depends on how bad you want something and the amount your willing to pay. I love my hobby but wont let it BREAK me in teh mean time. Everyone is different I guess.

lindylou1220 09-03-2007 01:38 AM

I used the punch at my friend's house. It would be a lot of fun to use with some of SU!'s paisley stamps. The punchout is fairly large. Without going to look at the pieces I brought home, I'd say 1.5-2" tall and maybe 1/2" wide.

Unfortunately, CM punches are hard for me to use because of back issues. I really need a lever with a big punch.

speanburg4 09-03-2007 06:27 AM

Here is an auction that has some good pics of it. Looks really neat!
http://cgi.ebay.com/CREATIVE-MEMORIE...QQcmdZViewItem

That paper set looks neat,too. It looks like it would work with the new PaperTrey set.

Glittergal 09-03-2007 06:31 AM

THANKS, Jennifer for posting the link - that is one cool punch. And I want it! (...now I just have to figure out how to get one without having to resort to the 'bay.)

*O*2*B*stampin' 09-03-2007 06:33 AM

Ok, nice punch...I might have been tempted if I didn't already own the Cuddle Bug paisley die.

bsgstamps4fun 09-03-2007 07:04 AM

Hi All,
The paper Jennifer referred to is the Purple Paisley Paper Album Kit also by Creative Memories. There are other designs as well and make really nice gifts!

KimInIowa 09-03-2007 08:16 AM

If you have a die cutting machine there are dies available that wouldn't take as much space up as a punch and you get multiple paisleys for about the same price as one punch.

I have this one and love it, it cost me 24.99
http://www.spellbinders.us/ct/store/...idProduct=3515

Here is another that costs 12.99
http://www.spellbinders.us/ct/store/...idProduct=3512

Lots of the on-line stores carry specials for discounts off or free shipping. I'm pretty sure that Terrific Tymes and Frantic Fran carry these dies, you might check their sites. Ellen Hutson doesn't carry them, but you might ask her if she plans to!

On the links you'll notice the embossing, but you don't have to emboss the dies if you don't want and they will look like a regular punched shape.

Hope this helps!

StamperCathy 09-03-2007 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here are some ideas using CM's punch:
Attachment 354708

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...sleyfuntwo.jpg

ScrapNStampinMama 09-03-2007 11:49 AM

When is this available? I looked on-line to try and order but its not there just the paisley kit...........Anyone know???

Pearlann66 09-03-2007 11:54 AM

Thanks to stamper cathy for posting the idea pics!

so cute!

TFS

jailbirdstamper 09-03-2007 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *O*2*B*stampin' (Post 7071537)
Ok, nice punch...I might have been tempted if I didn't already own the Cuddle Bug paisley die.

cuttle bug has a paisley die????? How come I didn't know this!

jailbirdstamper 09-03-2007 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StamperCathy (Post 7073052)

these are fabulous!!!!

ttvp_mama 09-03-2007 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapNStampinMama (Post 7073557)
When is this available? I looked on-line to try and order but its not there just the paisley kit...........Anyone know???

My understanding is that the punch is only available for CM's fall promotion Great Gatherings (they used to do a Crop-tober Fest). My consultant is holding a crop in a few weeks and is giving them to attendees.

Also, thanks to stampercathy for the ideas -- can't wait to try them once I get my punch!

lezzels 09-03-2007 01:59 PM

Its on ebay OZ and already up to $45 au .......... sheez too much for me

ScrapNStampinMama 09-03-2007 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ttvp_mama (Post 7074295)
My understanding is that the punch is only available for CM's fall promotion Great Gatherings (they used to do a Crop-tober Fest). My consultant is holding a crop in a few weeks and is giving them to attendees.

Also, thanks to stampercathy for the ideas -- can't wait to try them once I get my punch!

Oh thats a bummer! So it wont be available in the catty on-line to just order? I would really LOVE to get this but dont have a local Demo to try and get hooked up!!!!:(

StamperCathy 09-03-2007 02:59 PM

maybe you can talk to your locate consultant. I got mine at the back to school crop my consultant had a few weeks ago.

bsgstamps4fun 09-03-2007 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrapNStampinMama (Post 7074588)
Oh thats a bummer! So it wont be available in the catty on-line to just order? I would really LOVE to get this but dont have a local Demo to try and get hooked up!!!!:(

Hi, Monica,

Where are you stationed. I may be able to help if you send me a private message in the the next 12 hours as I will be in your territory very soon! Otherwise, I may still be able to help you!

bsgstamps4fun 09-03-2007 03:10 PM

By the way, thank you stampercathy for the ideas. They are great and I'll give them a try. I can feature ideas like these at my workshop in Oct. Thanks again!

BeckyChabot 09-03-2007 04:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
speaking of expensive punches!

I wanted to share an image of a punch / die comparison I found in a blog entry but the forum is telling me that I can't post links from another site until I've made 3 or more posts!! there is also an entire write up on Ellen's blog about the comparison

dbennett 09-17-2007 07:46 PM

It really is a great punch! I have it! Thanks for the pictures of the ideas!! Great ones! I seem to be having trouble with my paisley being stuck in the punch. Any ideas on how to get it out?

bsgstamps4fun 09-17-2007 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbennett (Post 7220593)
It really is a great punch! I have it! Thanks for the pictures of the ideas!! Great ones! I seem to be having trouble with my paisley being stuck in the punch. Any ideas on how to get it out?

When the punch was demonstrated at convention, we were told to make sure that we use the punch on a table not in our hands. Also, make sure that you push the lever all the way down so that the paper pops out of the design. Clean the debree out each time and only punch one sheet at a time. The thin paper does stay inside for some reason and you'll need to shake it out. Hope this helps.

Regina 10-08-2007 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbennett (Post 7220593)

I have a customer who is a CM consultant, and she brought her Paisley punch to show me two weeks ago. She let me punch with it, and I was only using one sheet of card stock. I began to notice that nothing was coming out of the punch. She ended up having to take the punch apart--completely--to get the jammed punches out. Of course, she did a great job of putting it back together, probably much better than I would have. Like any other detailed punch, it could be prone to "issues" and should be used with care; however, my customer/CM consultant checked w/CM and reported the same thing that bsgstamps4fun has said . . . use one sheet of paper at a time, use the punch on a sturdy surface, make sure to get the punched piece out after each punch. I was using the punch on the table; however, the table had a resin top which kind of "gives" under pressure, so that was probably the problem. I bought one of these punches from her anyway. I figured if I had any problems, she's already proven that she can take it apart and put it back together. :-)

I can't remember who posted those awesome samples to this thread, but THANK YOU!!! They're great--and inspiring!