Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Nestabilities: To ditch the punches or not to ditch the punches! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/nestabilities-ditch-punches-not-ditch-punches-333496/)

stampinsweeney 03-17-2008 07:57 AM

Nestabilities: To ditch the punches or not to ditch the punches!

I am seriously considering getting rid of all of my mega and giga scallop punches as well as a couple sets of Creative Memories oval and circle patterns that I haven't opened to be replaced with Nestabilities. Good idea? I am saving LOTS of space! Bad idea? I'll wish that I still had them and go out and buy them again in the end.

I would love your feedback with your poll answer.

ellepaul 03-17-2008 08:05 AM

I am keeping mine. I use the punches if I need just a quick punch. My 10 year old daughter also uses them.

frankie 03-17-2008 08:09 AM

I've kept my punches -- they're different than the Nestabilities plus, I have some stamp sets that were meant for the punches. While I do love the dies, I'm such a punch girl . . . love how quick they are.

netheadred 03-17-2008 08:23 AM

I've found if you are assembly lining anything that the punches are MUCH easier.

deb_loves_stamping 03-17-2008 08:31 AM

I have another thread going, but I'm trying to decide if I should invest in the Nestabilities. I have a bunch of punches and they seem fine for me ... I dont know what to do! I would have to buy some square punches anyway. And if I do go for the Nestabilities, I dont know if I should do square or rectangle first ... and should I get scalloped and non-scalloped? Too many decisions, lol !!!!!! However, if I was the OP, I think I would keep what you have -- you can never have too many options. Unless of course space is a problem for you.

stampintoo 03-17-2008 08:31 AM

Although I voted to keep the punches, (I kept mine and still use them) I never use circle/oval templates anymore so if you don't either, I would sell/trade/donate the templates but hang onto the punches.

vensung1 03-17-2008 08:32 AM

The creative memories cutting system is second to none and very different then the nestabilities. (I adore the nestabilties by the way too)

I love all my cutting/ die cutting gadgets and you never know when you'll want something you sold or gave away.

Erin K 03-17-2008 09:08 AM

I got rid of mine and haven't regretted it. I didn't LOVE them though, I liked them fine and used them sometimes, but wan't in love. If you love yours then don't get rid of them! If you mostly shove them aside to get at other stuff then sell those puppies! Some other crafter will be thrilled to get a good deal on them I'm sure.

MWDStamp 03-17-2008 09:11 AM

I would keep the punches. I got the nestabilites and initially thought about getting rid of my punches. But I am finding that I do still use them for a quick punch or something that is not going to be layered. The nestabilities are just great for taking out all the guess work when trying to layer stuff. Also I found that a punch can be quicker if you need a lot of one size. I needed 450 circles for a girl scout project, punches were a lot easier than sending it through the cuttlebug 450 times.

tay0479 03-17-2008 09:12 AM

I voted to sell because that is probably what I will so once I get the nesties. However, I too will wish I hadn't.

Digiden 03-17-2008 09:15 AM

I love my punches, but have no idea what Nestabilites are. I checked at Spellbinders, and still have no idea how they work. Anyone care to explain?
Are they like stencils?

ebeart 03-17-2008 09:43 AM

I think I'm not going to invest in the nestabilies BECAUSE of my punches. I really don't need every size circle known to man-or at least I have convinced myself thus far!

sprtchick 03-17-2008 10:36 AM

I was gifted all the nestabilites. I also have all the jumbo, mega and gigas for every shape. I am not comfortable yet to get rid of the punches. I dont know....like a crutch. they are so easy to grab. I also have a Cricut so I probably dont need the punches or the nesties....Hmmmmm could free up a lot of space if I got rid of them ALL...lol

Alyciajo421 03-17-2008 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Digiden (Post 9180608)
I love my punches, but have no idea what Nestabilites are. I checked at Spellbinders, and still have no idea how they work. Anyone care to explain?
Are they like stencils?

On the package it says, "Cut*Emboss*Stencil". I have only ever cut with mine. But you need a Cuttlebug or other die cutter to use them.

Digiden 03-17-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alyciajo421 (Post 9181580)
On the package it says, "Cut*Emboss*Stencil". I have only ever cut with mine. But you need a Cuttlebug or other die cutter to use them.

Thanks!

angelinoregon 03-17-2008 01:02 PM

i kept my mega and giga punches. sometimes i don't want to bother with the nesties/cuttlebug stuff, especially if i'm in a rush.

StampingShawn 03-17-2008 01:08 PM

I only had a few punches so I probably won't get rid of them just because I don't have that much money or space invested in them. But if I did, I would probably sell them as that's a ton of money if you have a lot of punches. At $15-21 a punch....that's a whole lotta moolah. That's one reason why I never jumped on the scallop punch wagon..I couldn't afford it. Nestabilities I can afford with my wonderful coupon from Cut at home every month!

kphorse 03-17-2008 01:15 PM

The punches have left the house!

With the deals and coupons from several vendors, I have bought 8 sets of the Nesties! They take up no room. nothing hard to push, you can place them anywhere on the paper ypu can get through you die cut machine and they emboss too!

What is there to think about, dump the punches and move up!

buttons2 03-18-2008 04:50 AM

I decided I didn't want to fool with all the various sandwiching for the little I'd be using the nesties so I have mine for sale on the BST forum now.

Wanda

shan 03-18-2008 05:31 AM

I would probably keep everything, i hate to part with things...not to sidetrack this thread too much, but does anyone know if you can layer the creative memories ovals and circles with the nestabilities?

GreenDragonLady 03-18-2008 05:41 AM

I would keep the punches because you can stamp first, then line up the punch with the image. I could be wrong, but I don't think you can do that with dies, right? Not line up exactly, I mean.

stampwithsue2 03-18-2008 05:51 AM

Anyone care to share where they get the Nestabilities??
I have gotten rid of the punches and now want all the circle sizes BUT not all the lost space..
Anyone got a coupon to share too I would love you FOREVER!?
Thanks
Much
Sue
:)

Choc0holic 03-18-2008 08:07 AM

Even before I received my Nestabilities I started getting rid of my Marvy punches. I'm all about saving space and not having two tools that do the same thing. As far as being able to cut out a stamped image, yes you can line up the dies to cut your image correctly...a magnetic mat helps with that. I tend to stamp after cutting anyway. I just stick a bit of removable adhesive on the back of the die cut shape and use my stamp-a-ma-jig to stamp the image. I put all of my punches that didn't get sold (here on SCS) before Christmas and have yet to pull them back out because I "need" them. One of these days I'll go through the hassle of putting 'em back up, because I really don't need them and don't use them. I do use my nestabilities almost every time I stamp!

MollyStamps 03-18-2008 08:46 AM

I sold both my Giga scallop punches - it should be easy to find buyers for these. Love the scallop/classic Nestabilities so much more - I don't miss the punches one little bit!

Molly

cuttlebugfan 03-18-2008 09:04 AM

I too want to know what all places you can get the nestibilities. Coupons?
Do any of the craft stores carry them? tia

kathat 03-18-2008 10:47 AM

I haven't voted but I do think I'm going to sell my punches. I have the Complete Rectangle and Complete Petite Oval sets of Nesties so I just need Squares and Circles next. Once I sell the punches, I can afford them :-)