Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-31-2009, 11:18 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 85 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Nellie's Choice Multiframes-- where to purchase?

Who knows what Spellbinders might come out with next, but look at these:

http://www.nellies-choice.com/index....146&Itemid=190

http://cuddlybuddly.com/shop/v6627-n...die-rectangle/

They are metal sets of dies with a tag in the center, and look like fancy nesties.

Would love to try these out, but it would be easier to justify the purchase w/o international shipping. Has anyone noticed these and found a good source?

Happy new year!
Cynthia
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2009, 08:32 PM   #2  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ohhhhh... you've got my attention! They are gorgeous! OK, I'll be stalking the net looking for someone who carries this line or save my craft money to cover the shipping. Thanks for the links!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2010, 01:54 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

OH, how I love the circle tag like set. I MUST HAVE THEM!!!!:mrgreen:!!!!!

You are one evil enabler :twisted:, and I love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2010, 07:02 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Default I got some on Ebay!

http://stores.ebay.com/FLUTTERBY-CRAFTS

Sandra in UK has four of these sets up right now in Buy It Now format in her store (circle, square, rectangle, oval). She has several of each set. I bought one of each set and by the time the exchange rates and shipping were done it was just $14.28 per set. The following is the exchange rate from Paypal:

From amount $57.11 USD
To amount �34.41 GBP
Exchange rate: 1 USD = 0.602521 GBP

Total transaction took less than 20 minutes and she has already sent me a note that she will be shipping them tomorrow. New toys on the way!:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

I have my first set of four shapes in my hands!!! The less happy note is that they do not come with instructions. Very pleased with my ecstasycrafts.com purchase (Canada), I paid $10 US each plus shipping of $6.75. They had two different ones for each shape, so I ordered them all (shhhh). Apparently, four have not come out yet, but they will charge me for them and ship when they do, no extra shipping. Got here very promptly as well.

They look weird, they are all one piece with shiny paper on one side showing the alleged patterns, and solid thin white foam on the other side.

Please, anyone, chime in on usage! They come with cryptic pictures on the back, and no actual instructions.

Options:
(1) leave in one piece as is;
(2) run thru machine of choice to expose cutting edges, remove alternate rings of foam leaving outer edge of foam on (this is what the Nellie packaging pictures show, which only made sense when I read it written out after googling it); or
(3) cut apart (Nellie web instructions).

Starting with path of least resistance which is leaving them as is. Also, people seem to have differing luck depending on whether they place them to cut up or down in terms of having little pieces left. Who am I kidding?!? Dinner will wait, I must go and try one out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2010, 04:36 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Those are interesting...I wonder if this is another case of a patent violation like the ones mentioned in this article. They seem way too similar to me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2010, 08:26 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

OMG, I do a decent amt of patent work (I am a lawyer). It would seriously be a highlight of my existence to work on a crafting patent case, but alas, my luck is not that good!!!

So I have duly experimented. They IMO have nothing to worry about from Spellbinders as the dies are a single foam-based piece that cuts multiple fancy frames at a time. Frankly, I'm unsure how I would cut these apart if I wanted to, or why I would do so. Basically, you have your ejection-foam style die here comprised of nesting shapes. I do not think the concept of nesting shapes is protectible (unlike cookie cutter dies, which are very nestie-like in terms of how they work... no official comment, but I can see a possible issue there, but not for a foam die like this). The foam feels/looks different from CB or Sizzix. It feels thinner overall in terms of the metal part, and the foam definitely seems thinner and spongier.

So you basically cut all the frames at a time and use what you want, which doesn't really waste paper as if you want just the small inside part, you could put a scrap over that like you would with any multi-part die and otherwise, it's about the same paper usage. They cut nicely doing 2 passes with the CB, but most of the little holes, for the dies with holes, need to be cleared with a paper piercer. They are precut, they just need to be punched out.

These dies rock! They are largely shapes that remind me of a frame cut that's cut with a edger punch or the like. The size of the largest oval exceeds the size of the largest plain oval nestie in terms of layering, but smaller ones would work (although that would be pretty small for most images). The rectangles do not fit with regular rectangle nesties, but it will be easy to trim to fit. The square and circle Nellie dies work well with those same nesties. When you run the Nellie dies thru the first time, there's a tiny edge of foam that can be peeled off that needs to be removed to cut edges cleanly, but otherwise, they are good to go.

I am a CB user and experimented with Bazzill paper. They work well with the std nestie sandwich plus a paper shim, and run thru twice. They really are neat, they are nested frames of different sizes, many of which have piercing or a lacy effect. Very pleased with my purchase. The nesties are better in the sense that you can more easily figure out what you want to do by holding them up, and since they are singles you can see pretty much what you will get, whereas since this is a single die, you can't hold it up it the same way. However, they are very price effective and LOVE the lacy and fancy edging. They come in a plastic sleeve attached to the packaging and I wonder if I can redo it to hold the die and a set of what it produces, at which point I could use that to figure out a concept. Either way, though, they are a winner.

I'm looking forward to playing! These look like a winner that I will use a lot to complement my nesties.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-08-2010, 11:13 PM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

I prepped a demo for these back in Nov and used an exacto knife to cut them apart. I wasnt impressed with them in a wizard although they were better in a cuttlebug. Use in the same sandwich as you would a nestie.

Marianne Design & Joy Crafts are 2 other Dutch firms who are making really nice dies.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2010, 10:33 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

I have Nellies Choice Rectangle dies I trim them with a craft knife to make them individual frames. I have also used the Marrianne flower dies on this card. IMHO they cut just as good as nesties at a fraction of the prices. I'll vbe buying them all.

http://stampingheaven.blogspot.com/s...llies%20Choice
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

Nellie multiframe update-- I purchased all 8 (ecstasycrafts.com) but they shipped in two groups (in numerical order). The review below was for the the first group, which consists of ejection foam type dies where you do not see the metal cutting edges and a single die produces multiple frames.

The second set IMO is far superior. They are larger and hence more useful to me. Critically, however, they are sort of a semi-metal edge die (like nesties, where you can see the exposed metal cutting edge) and semi-ejection foam (the small areas that allow the die to produce a lacy effect have foam in them). Same deal, each die produces multiple frames. They cut really well (I have a CB) in a single pass with a single shim. The all foam ones require multiple passes and as much shimming as the CB allows.

They are all neat, and I do like them, but the second set is better because they're a more usable size (at least for me), they cut really easily, and it's a nice clean cut even for the lacy parts of the frames.

Btw, I have not and will not cut any of them apart, as I think they're easier to store like they come and I don't feel like it will make a difference.

So to sum up, these are all fun but I highly recommend the four dies with the highest numbers. Fun, nice result, and a good price compared to what else is available!

Cynthia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2010, 01:24 AM   #11  
Cardstock Collector

Smile

I bought 3 sets and love them. The first one I cut because I expected them to be like my nestabilities. . It worked well for that set as I wanted to do mats in dif sizes.though I was disapopinted that the middle 2 dies were a dif pattern .The rectangle I think is great to make a supply of frames .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2010, 09:36 AM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

I really want to buy these but hate paying all the $$$ for shipping! :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2010, 05:56 PM   #13  
Cardstock Collector

Default mailing costs

I know how you feel. I live in Australia and some US prices are so cheap,then the postage kills it. I bought my nellies choice at a Craft Fair here for $17.50 AD Was really a bad girl as bought 3 plus a Marianne design Creatable it is an embossed ribbon holder. for $15.50 I really love them .

Last edited by elnamena; 06-20-2010 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: spelling mistake
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 06:32 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 33 Likes on 6 Posts

Ecstacy Crafts carries a lot of Nellie Snellen stuff. I was at their open house a couple of weeks ago....Holy Mackerel!! It's a good thing they are 1 hour drive away or I would be there ALL the time! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2010, 09:40 AM   #15  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtlescrapperView Post
I really want to buy these but hate paying all the $$$ for shipping! :(
Know what you mean. I bought mine from Art-of-Craft (UK company) and really spent the $s (or pounds) to maximize shipping costs; besides that was the only place I could find all 4 Nellie sets I was looking for. Problem with these is that there is just no substitute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2010, 07:22 PM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

I bought 3 sets of multi-frames here in Australia back in January, but couldn't get them to cut cleanly in my CB. And my CB has had heaps of use with Spellbinder & CB dies & different brands of ef's. It's a long & involved story, but the store owner ended up posting me here own Nellie dies which she used in her CB to see if they worked, and they worked perfectly and beautifully first time around. Ended up returning the dies I bought to the store after they were deemed as faulty - the replacements didn't work either so I got my money back. And sheesh, were they a tight fit or what!! My B plate was shaped like a banana. I was following a UK forum about the same problem others were having but I can't find the link right now. Who know - it was probably me or my technique and it was just a faulty batch - other people love them & get good results.

And I have stuck to Spellbinder & CB dies ever since 'cos I know they work - easy & I'm far less grumpy. Just ask DH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2010, 09:41 AM   #17  
Glitter Guru

I bought several Nellie Snellen dies and a couple of embossing folders from Kraft_Krazy on Ebay. Her prices seemed reasonable as was her shipping. I was amazed how fast my dies arrived here!

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.�
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2010, 07:10 PM   #18  
Cardstock Collector

Thanks Denise will check them out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-30-2010, 10:20 PM   #19  
Cardstock Collector

Default nellie snellen dies

Visit dutchpapercrafts.com ( New York) and they sell all nellie snellen stuff and just right stamps. She has several sets for sale and I am dying to get them. I have one from ecstasy crafts (Canada) and it worked fine in my cuttlebug.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 07:16 PM   #20  
Cardstock Collector

i have buy mine at L'oiseau bleu Laval Qu�bec Canada, I have pay 11.99 canadian dollars. sorry for my english
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2011, 09:35 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I recently got 3 sets of multi-frame dies from Ectasy Crafts. They are very comparable to nestabilities in my opinion, but much cheaper. I paid $12 per set and each set has 5 or 6 different nesting frames, plain and scalloped/lacy. The shipping was very reasonable to Oklahoma City, only $6.75 for the entire order of 3 sets.

The sets I got are black metal, not the ones that appear green and yellow. Scroll down a ways on the page in this link to see them. I got the circle, rectangle, and oval. I like them a lot and they work in my cuttlebug just like the Nestabilities, with the same sandwich.

Nellie's Multi Frame's

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2011, 11:41 AM   #22  
Rubber Obsessor

Got my Mariannes and Nellies from Cuddly Buddly Crafts, another UK site. Nikki is great to work with. I have e-mailed her when I see something new advertised in the UK mags, and she is very quick to respond and e-mails me when she gets the new products in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #23  
Cardstock Collector

There is a lot of info and you can buy nellie snellen at the web site. They won't let me post the site but search for DutchPaperCrafts, in US. She has some Youtube videos.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2011, 01:26 PM   #24  
Rubber Obsessor

Boy, did I ever screw up. I didn't get my dies from Cuddly Buddly...I got them from Bunny Zoe's Crafts, in the UK. Sorry for the mix-up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-15-2011, 03:38 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have the Snellen Eastern oval and Eastern Circle nestie type dies from Esctasy crafts and just love them. They cut and emboss just like nesties. Bugga gave a perfect link up above for them. I love the fact that they are only like $12.00 per set and flat rate shipping of 6.75.
blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2011, 12:56 PM   #26  
Rubber Obsessor

If anyone's looking for a place in the USA there is a girl here in town who carry's Nellie's, that's where I fell in love with them. If anyone's interested drop me a line and I'll pm you the site. Shipping would definitely be cheaper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #27  
Cardstock Collector

dutchpapercrafts
this is a web site in USA to buy nellie snellin dies
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2011, 10:31 AM   #28  
Rubber Obsessor

This site is in USA and she does ship all of the time. You can't ask for better service, she's great!! If you need / want something she doesn't have on hand she is more than willing to order it for you. I love her.
Inspire Me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-11-2011, 10:32 AM   #29  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh yeah, they are only $12.00 so you really can't beat the price!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 09:39 PM   #30  
Cardstock Collector

Default I would like site

Quote:

Originally Posted by tspoland407View Post
If anyone's looking for a place in the USA there is a girl here in town who carry's Nellie's, that's where I fell in love with them. If anyone's interested drop me a line and I'll pm you the site. Shipping would definitely be cheaper.
I would like the site.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-15-2012, 09:42 PM   #31  
Cardstock Collector

OK, I'll be stalking the net looking for someone who carries this line or save my craft money to cover the shipping.

Reply With Quote Likes