Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-04-2010, 05:37 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What old SU colors are close to new colors?

Until I buy the new colors, I wanted to reuse a few of the older colors that are very close. I just don't know which ones they are. Can someone help me?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 06:20 AM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I think that Pear Pizzazz is very close to Kiwi Kiss. Daffodil Delight is a little lighter and softer than Crushed Curry. Cajun Craze is like Really Rust. Cherry Cobbler is pretty darn close to Riding Hood Red, but not like the Purely Pomegranate that some might think. Marina Mist is pretty much on its own, as is Early Expresso. Nothing new close to the purples at all except for Concord Crush which isn't as dark as Elegant Eggplant, but there are no "real" light purples except for the Perfect Plum. Blushing Bride is almost a twin to Blush Blossom. Peach Parafait is similar to Groovy Guava. That's all that I can think of off of the top of my head right now. I hope this helps and Happy 4th of July to you.

Stampin' Up! Only Challenges Design Team
Proud Fan Club Member Since 2007
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-04-2010, 06:55 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by KY Southern BelleView Post
I think that Pear Pizzazz is very close to Kiwi Kiss. Daffodil Delight is a little lighter and softer than Crushed Curry. Cajun Craze is like Really Rust. Cherry Cobbler is pretty darn close to Riding Hood Red, but not like the Purely Pomegranate that some might think. Marina Mist is pretty much on its own, as is Early Expresso. Nothing new close to the purples at all except for Concord Crush which isn't as dark as Elegant Eggplant, but there are no "real" light purples except for the Perfect Plum. Blushing Bride is almost a twin to Blush Blossom. Peach Parafait is similar to Groovy Guava. That's all that I can think of off of the top of my head right now. I hope this helps and Happy 4th of July to you.
Really? I totally disagree with you. Pear Pizzazz is a little darker than Certainly Celery. It doesn't have the yellow in it that Kiwi Kiss does.

Cajun Craze is much more usable than Really Rust. It's darker and richer!! I am not a rust person, but I really plan to use this color...A LOT!!!

Cherry Cobbler truly is a cherry color. It's much richer and darker than Riding Hood Red. RHR is very muted.

Blushing Bride is a peachy-pink (more pink than Blush Blossom used to be). It has some gray undertones in it when compared to Pretty in Pink and Pink Pirouette. I didn't think I would like this one, but when I had it in my hands, it really is pretty!

Concord Crush is very dark. It has blue undertones when compared to Elegant Eggplant. It's going to be fabulous for Halloween stuff.

Peach Parfait is my least favorite out of the new In Colors. I am just not a peach person.....but this has more orange in it than Groovy Guava. I'm sure once I play with it, I will fall in love.

Daffodil Delight is a really usable yellow. It's bright but not shocking like Yoyo Yellow was. It doesn't have the orange undertones like Summer Sun did. It really is a beautiful yellow.

Marina Mist is nothing short of awesome. It's beautiful....nothing in the SU line to compare it to. It's my new favorite.

Early Espresso is darker than Chocolate Chip. CC has more red undertones. EE has more black undertones in it. It's pretty, but I am still a fan of CC. EE looks amazing with River Rock.

Poppy Parade is STUNNING! It truly is the color of a vibrant poppy. Love this one!!!!

The new colors are pretty! The new color collections are fresh, fun and exciting!!

Stampin' Up! Demo...and lovin' it!!!
I'd love for you to check out my blog: http://www.atouchfromtheheart.typepad.com/
http://www.pattichesky.stampinup.net
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2010, 07:36 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PattiLynn, (if you come back to this posting) have you figured out any colors to go with blushing bride, I just
do not like that color at all. Greetings from 40 miles S of St. cloud.
so funny, I just went to your blog and you posted a really nice card with a color combo for blushing bride. You really did that color
justice, nice technique on background embossing

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"

Last edited by stampencamper; 08-12-2010 at 07:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2010, 09:27 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

I don't think the colors are the same, but they could be used in place of each other. I think Blush Blossom and Blushing Bride could be used interchangeably and the look would be similar. The same with Cajun Craze and Really Rust. I also never got Baja Breeze, because I have Bordering Blue and they are both grey-blues, not the same but will give you a comparable look. Ditto Early Espresso and Chocolate Chip.

I agree that Marina Mist is unlike any thing else the SU has and Poppy Parade is amazing. Love them both!!!

Pamela
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2010, 11:30 AM   #6  
Insane Embellisher

I just ordered the concord grape cs and can't wait to get it! From the looks of it, it seems to be more of a purple than any other SU color.

I love some of the new colors in the color families, and only one of the new In Colors, and I really wish SU would offer the markers for the In Colors individually, as I only want one of the new ones - concord grape!

I've rarely used my Summer Sun stamp pad, but I'm out of Summer Sun CS, so I guess Daffodil Delight is one of my new purchases very soon!

Thanks for all the info!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Also: I kind of wonder why SU removed all the pinks and purples from their color line up! I have 7 granddaughters, all age 6 and under who are ALL pink and purple crazy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sew It SeamsView Post
Also: I kind of wonder why SU removed all the pinks and purples from their color line up! I have 7 granddaughters, all age 6 and under who are ALL pink and purple crazy!
On the pink side they still have Blushing Bride (nice with Perfect Plum), Pretty in Pink, and Pink Pirouette to enjoy! I know that there's a lack of lighter purples, but the Concord Crush, Elegant Eggplant, and Perfect Plum are nice. I'm a real fan of purple myself, and I love Rich Razzleberry (so glad they kept it!), which I tend to think of as somewhat purple (and it's very nice with Pretty in Pink).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2010, 12:45 PM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Yes, I don't think Pear Pizzazz is anything like Kiwi...I never liked or used Kiwi and I love Pear Pizzazz...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

To add to some of the above comments:
Concord Crush is similar to the retired "In Color" Vintage Violet
Riding Hood Red is similar to Ruby Red
Reply With Quote Likes