Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   need list of ways to use crop-a-dile (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/need-list-ways-use-crop-dile-278100/)

jennie black 08-15-2007 09:28 AM

need list of ways to use crop-a-dile

I am looking for a compiled list of ways to use the crop-a-dile. Kinda like the lists going around 50 ways to use your brayer, etc.

[email protected]

amber333 08-15-2007 10:10 AM

I'd love to get this as well :) [email protected]

musicmarth 10-31-2007 09:17 AM

What? No one every created one of these?

I just purchased my Crop-a-Dile today and I've already had fun playing with it (punching holes, setting an eyelet and making little embossed dots!).

If anyone has a Ways to Use It sheet, that would be greatly appreciated!

vronica 10-31-2007 10:47 AM

subscribing

jenny4wheel 10-31-2007 12:04 PM

Hmmm, I'm not sure I've heard of other uses other than what Martha mentioned: punching holes, setting stuff (like snaps/eyelets), and the dry embossing dots. But really that covers a lot! You can punch holes through almost anything with the COD. And punch in the same place over and over with the guides.

DixieCurl 10-31-2007 12:07 PM

Three specific uses:

Punch additional holes in your belt when you lose weight. ;)

Punch additional holes in your Birkenstock sandal straps to adjust them to fit smaller or larger feet.

Punch holes in your magazines or catalogs so that you can store them in 3 ring binders.

kmccullo 10-31-2007 04:44 PM

I love that if I am mass producing cards I can punch a bunch of pages at once so all the card will look alike.

I also feel that if attacked when stamping it could be used as a weapon :)

annburke 11-01-2007 12:19 PM

I just got my crop a dile yesterday and I must have smashed 10 eyelets playing with it! Hopefully I will figure it out!

musicmarth 11-01-2007 12:25 PM

annburke, try not squeezing so hard when you're setting the eyelets. I read somewhere else that that would cause some eyelets to smush. I tried it out with some eyelets from Oriental Trading Co. and they worked great!

scrapgirl72 11-02-2007 11:35 AM

• punch holes in chipboard, leather, plastic, vinyl
  • set eyelets and snaps
  • I've thought about being able to use it as a weapon as well (along with DH's Maglite flashlight):)
  • it will punch a hole through a paper-covered CD
I'll try to come up with some other uses . . .

mrskelly2u 11-02-2007 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicmarth (Post 7590822)
I just purchased my Crop-a-Dile today and I've already had fun playing with it (punching holes, setting an eyelet and making little embossed dots!).

How do you make the dry embossed dots? What is the letter/number combo for that? Thanks!

Oh... I already used mine to make a huge hand-me-down belt fit my daughter. She threw a hissy fit when she thought this "perfect" sparkly belt wouldn't fit (it was off by at least 10 inches... I still don't know where this thing came from). Then here comes Super Mom with her COD (I should have been wearing a cape) and popped a hole right in that sucker. That's the last time my husband made fun of any of my stampin' tools. :mrgreen:

shirolives 11-03-2007 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmccullo (Post 7594398)
I also feel that if attacked when stamping it could be used as a weapon :)

LOL-->SO Funny!!! Thanks for making my morning.

Oh, subscribing to this thread.:)

Jen-hickman 11-03-2007 05:51 AM

I use my cropadile to punch holes in CD's. I have also used it to punch holes in tin.
Than again when I made paper bag album, I was having a hard time lining up the holes then the cod did it all at once. It was great.
The dry embossing is so cool on those clear letters and shapes.

scrappinthedayaway 11-03-2007 06:20 AM

i know what you SHOULDN'T do with it!!! punch holes in your dogs thick collar because you bought it to big so he would grow into it. that's what you shouldnt do with it. also dont let dh touch it EVER!! he is the one who tried to punch the hole in the dogs collar. now i dont have one

it will also punch holes in the flat lid on canning jars i dont know what it is called but i used a canning jar to potpourri and lights in and then i punched holes in the lid so you could smell it.

cherylannie 11-11-2007 07:18 PM

If your cod breaks, write the company, that's what I did as I was using it upside down which I hear a lot of people do when first getting it. Anyways I wrote the company and they sent replaceable parts with instructions.!

Consuelo 11-11-2007 07:21 PM

Good to know Cherylannie!

scrappinthedayaway 11-11-2007 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherylannie (Post 7687388)
If your cod breaks, write the company, that's what I did as I was using it upside down which I hear a lot of people do when first getting it. Anyways I wrote the company and they sent replaceable parts with instructions.!

i am now crying i was so mad that my dh broke it i threw it away i could of got replacement parts for it :( :( :oops: :oops:

mrskelly2u 11-13-2007 08:07 AM

How do you make the dry embossed dots? I want to know how to do that!!!

mbussan210 11-13-2007 11:10 AM

crop a dile directions

I accidentally through the directions for my cod away. I can't remember which pieces to use with the small eyelets. Is is 2 with B? Can someone please help me? TIA.
Margaret In Wisconsin

musicmarth 11-13-2007 12:48 PM

If you'll go to the We R Memory Keepers website (https://weronthenet.com/products/new...ml?crop-a-dile) you can download the directions there!

MaryEileen 11-13-2007 01:40 PM

We found recently that the cod will punch holes in stampbord. That stuff is pretty thick. We've used it for belts in our house.

k-teacher 11-13-2007 07:57 PM

My DH says he thinks he saw it on Alias as a torture device. I need to subscribe to this thread!

reneejul1 11-24-2007 05:57 AM

Here is a tutorial for you on embossing : http://paperpleasing.typepad.com/my_...r-video-t.html