Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Need help finding tape for ATG. (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/need-help-finding-tape-atg-472326/)

sillyfilly 12-16-2009 09:37 AM

Need help finding tape for ATG.

Hi ladies, I bought 3 ATG's from a local store going out of business. The owner was going to get to me about where I could get the tape but she has not contacted me. I am sure she will but I bought these as Christmas presents so I would like to get some tape. The gun says ATS-50 Adhesive Transfer System on it. Anyone know the company I can order tape from? Your help would be really appreciated. Thanks, Sylvia

pjw2855 12-16-2009 11:27 AM

sillyfilly.....Why don't you do an internet search for ATG tape and start on that route for a source for the tape for the guns you have?

Patti

Vegastamper 12-16-2009 11:32 AM

I get mine from framingsupplies.com. They have good prices and great service.

craftsrlb 12-16-2009 11:37 AM

atg tape

I get mine from thetapedepot. Now mind you i get it for a bunch of girls at a time, i have workshops and they can buy them from me too when they need it. if you but the 144 rolls which I think is $160 it works out to like 1.20 per roll, otherwise, I would order 2 24 packs so the shipping will be free

stigmom6 12-16-2009 06:46 PM

At Tape Depot I buy 12, 36yard 1/4" rolls for $23.40 satndard shipping is $5.95 or spend $50 and it is free shipping. I will normally buy enough once or twice a year for free shipping. I also use the 1/2" 36yard rolls for 12 it is $36. HERE is a link to the tape I buy... Hope this Helps! :mrgreen:

JoAnney 12-16-2009 07:01 PM

Tape Depot for me also!! Very fast shipping and have had great results with their tape!!

odie1 12-17-2009 03:47 AM

I just checked the Tape Depot on ebay. They have 12 rolls of tape for $15 plus $4.95 shipping.

sprtchick 12-17-2009 07:47 AM

I have been using the Tapedepot tape for more than 2 years..it is the bomb...I think the ebay deal is the cheapest I have seen.
blessings.

JoAnney 12-17-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by odie1 (Post 15728085)
I just checked the Tape Depot on ebay. They have 12 rolls of tape for $15 plus $4.95 shipping.

WORKS for me!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Holidays ALL.....:mrgreen:

stigmom6 12-17-2009 03:49 PM

That is awesome.. I think I saw a post in the forum last week that They would not be having that price much longer so we better all jumo on it! I will see if I can find the post...

Quote:

Originally Posted by odie1 (Post 15728085)

stigmom6 12-17-2009 03:57 PM

HERE is the Thread I was talking about. It was in the Announcements section. Of to order tape! :-D HTH!

sprtchick 12-18-2009 08:08 AM

I didnt see the complaints....but I do A LOT of cards and this is the best most cost effective solution I have found. I will continue to use the tape depot tape.
blessings.

stigmom6 12-18-2009 10:05 AM

I probably go through a roll of Tape Depot Tape a WEEK! I do alot with it I use both the 1/4" and 1/2" size and never have any problems. I will say the ATG has a learning curve sometimes so there can be preceived problems with the tape. Honestly I had more problems with the 3M brand from Framing Supplies. Just wanna help save some $ and maybe some frustration in the process... :-D

Quote:

Originally Posted by gale (Post 15732997)
Someone recently complained about tape depot tape and then a couple of others said they had the same problem. I can't remember what thread it was but I am positive I saw it here. I need tape too but I think I'll just order from framing supplies.

RiverIsis 12-18-2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gale (Post 15732997)
Someone recently complained about tape depot tape and then a couple of others said they had the same problem. I can't remember what thread it was but I am positive I saw it here. I need tape too but I think I'll just order from framing supplies.

Yeah, I remember that thread and to be honest my last order was from Framing Supplies - it was worth it to see the package! Shrink wrapped bubble wrap.:mrgreen:

TheOtherMeg 12-18-2009 11:03 AM

I buy from here:

http://www.findtape.com/shop/product...952&height=630

stigmom6 12-18-2009 12:47 PM

That is a great price! Do you know off hand hat their typical shipping is? Do they ship fairly fast? THANKS for the link!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherMeg (Post 15735505)

stigmom6 12-18-2009 01:14 PM

It looks like the Tape Depot tape I have...

Quote:

Originally Posted by gale (Post 15736017)
The findtape stuff is not 3m though. I wonder if it's the same thing tape depot sells.

TheOtherMeg 12-18-2009 08:14 PM

The findtape tape is JVCC. I don't know what the tapedepot tape is, but I'm very happy with the findtape stuff. I prefer it to the 3M/Scotch brand (and not only because of the price).

Findtape ships very fast. I do think their shipping starts out high, but it levels off and then it's a good deal. There is a shipping calculator before you go through checkout (I wish all sites did that!). You don't even have to sign in or put in any personal info, other than your zipcode. Use the dropdown menu to see if the default price (UPS Ground) is really the best for you.

If I put 24 rolls of ATG in the cart, shipping is $9.15. Shipping 48 rolls costs $9.70. If I add a few CASES of hockey tape, which is heavy cloth tape, the total shipping cost goes up less than $2.

binx 12-19-2009 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stigmom6 (Post 15735946)
That is a great price! Do you know off hand hat their typical shipping is? Do they ship fairly fast? THANKS for the link!

I need some tape, too - must be that time of year, huh?

I've never ordered from findtape.com, but I did just put 12 rolls in a cart and price shipping. The tape itself was very reasonable - $1.62/roll. But shipping is expensive - over $9 to ship the slowest way possible to NC - that's nearly double thetapedepot's 4.95. Findtape.com only offers UPS, not USPS. Slow and expensive - yikes!

I've only ordered from Frame Depot and always gotten wonderful service, but I think I'm going to try thetapedepot just b/c the price is so good. If all the tape I receive is bad, then I'll go back to Frame Depot.

ETA:
I just noticed TheOtherMeg has already replied, so ignore mine if you wish. :rolleyes:

3girls1guy 12-19-2009 10:20 AM

My group buys from cropandstick.com we got our ATG guns and tape from them. Plus she sends cool little freebies!

3girls1guy 12-19-2009 11:31 AM

Awesome! I know i have referred several SCS to cropandstick.com in the past and they have had good results. I don't get any commission or anything from them but just found them to be a great small business to work with. When we originally ordered our 8 guns and probobly 12 boxes of tape and had a few questions- i emailed her the questions and she actually called me back within 10 minutes. She even had a noisy little child in the background- just like me!;) She was an actually scrapbooker that uses the product she sells and i was very impressed- so, i like to spread their name around as a good place to do business with... glad you ordered from 'em!:mrgreen:

3girls1guy 12-19-2009 11:35 AM

And... did you look at all those awesome brads and jellies oooh and buttons on the sale page? Wish i didn't spend so much on black friday- they beloooong in my stocking!!!

sprtchick 12-21-2009 09:51 AM

find tape and tape depot are exactly the same product...I have both.
blessings.

stamphappy1650 12-21-2009 03:18 PM

I'm a big fan of Framingsupplies red tape not gold. I bought a big ol batch of the Tape Depot tape and the rolls keep breaking. No, I haven't contacted them yet, but as soon as I finish the last gazillon roles, I'm going back to 3m. Also, the 3m tape gives you a little more time to move something whereas the tape depot is not so forgiving. I need the ability to move something because I don't always get the item aligned the first time.

I don't like the gold because it's too stringy and I don't need to worry about being acid free.

I also love that framingsupplies doesn't use extra packing - the bubblewrap also cracked me up! they once sent an item I didn't order, I let them know, they sent me an label to mail it back and they sent me a treat. I've been ordering from them for several years and will be going back.

lcmdws 12-21-2009 07:25 PM

There is something about the tape depot in the announcements section with their ebay deal - just passing it along...