Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-01-2010, 03:58 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default corner punches

Does anyone have the new Stampin' Up corner scallop punch or the pinking hearts corner punch? I was wondering if it was very hard to line up the corner punch with the side punches. I hope that is clear. Thanks, Amy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 04:13 PM   #2  
Embossing Fanatic

i am not the brightest bulb in the bunch, but i am not dumb either. boy am i having a tough time. watched a video, tried many times, had my husband try to help me (he was my teacher so he should be pretty smart) no luck. my demo even sent a cheat sheet and still sometimes it turns out ok. (dumb luck) am ready to toss them all. please does someone have a concrete answer
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #3  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Scallop Corner Punch Tut

Try this one....hope it helps!

http://gretchenbarron.typepad.com/my...nd-rectangles/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

I have the new Stampin Up corner and border punches and I like them.

I think the directions are very confusing because it implies if you want to go all the way around that you start with the border punch
You do not. YOU MUST START WITH THE CORNER PUNCH if you are going all the way around.

Then it doesn't explain that the only time you can use the 90 degree slot to line up the paper is on the first corner when going all around . Corners 2-3 & 4 must be lined up with the punch upside down so you can see where to punch.

You need to start with the prescribed sizes for them to work. Gretchen's site gives the sizes you can use.

1. First punch the corner . The punch has a 90 degree slot to fit the paper in correctly . It also has the printed motif on the under side if you want to punch it while it is turned over

2. Then line up the CORNER punched motif with the printed motif on the BORDER punch and Punch all the way to the end

3. The second time you use the corner punch you must use it upside down and line up the LAST 2 punched motifs with the punch. If your punched border ends up with a partially punched motif trim it off so you can line up 2 complete motifs with the punch

4. Line up the punched corner motifs with the printed motifs on the border punch and punch all the way to the end
repeat #3 and 4

The border punch has 2 sets of printed motifs. One to use when lining up a border and another to use when lining up a corner.

Hope this helps
Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-01-2010, 08:36 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

I have figured out how to use these punches . However, there is definitely a problem when it took Gretchen 9 printed pages, 10 pictures and about 1,000 words to explain how to use them . I think EK Success needs to take these back to the drawing board. I love the motifs they punch, but how many people are willing to read a manual just to use a punch
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 08:04 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

ekkk this sounds like alot of work!! I thought about ordering the corner one to match the border one on my next order.. I like the look of it but think I could acheive the same look using spellbinders. hmm now wondering if I should scratch this off my to buy list?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-02-2010, 08:48 AM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

If you follow Gretchen's directions it is easy . Honestly.
I like the motifs in the SU punches . They are a bit smaller than Nesties or Martha Stewart punches and are nice for smaller areas or for a more delicate look
Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes