Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-24-2014, 09:23 AM   #321  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's another for the ladies stuck on price. I *no longer* use *any* of my acrylic blocks. I was about to buy one of the 1 1.5" x 7" ...it was $20, before I found this!! Furthermore, If you're a traveling stamper (e.g. i bring a bag with copics, momento and a few stamps to my son's Karate class) I don't even have to think about what size blocks I'll need as one, MISTI, fits them all. It simply saves time and space in my bag....it's now a staple on my desk. I was one of the first to receive one...have stamped literally thousands of things by now, traveled with it, dropped it, almost ran it over (true story lol)...the product in no way even shows any wear. It has paid for itself and then some easily by now...simply just in cardstock when a screw up! lol

I am greatly thankful to Iliana and her ingenuity!! I know you hold the patent, to some others who commented about the price being their sole factor...don't give it up! I'd possibly consider licensing it...but definitely to a higher quality brand like Stampin Up or Simon Says Stamp (no fiskars), but to be honest....I think they would have the same price point. Fiskars Stamp press...which i used to use...comes in a *VERY* distant second to what this product can do!! I'm happy to see so many waiting for it! They won't be disappointed!!! It's the American Dream in the working!!! I love it!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2014, 02:04 PM   #322  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by QtpyView Post
Here's another for the ladies stuck on price. I *no longer* use *any* of my acrylic blocks. I was about to buy one of the 1 1.5" x 7" ...it was $20, before I found this!! Furthermore, If you're a traveling stamper (e.g. i bring a bag with copics, momento and a few stamps to my son's Karate class) I don't even have to think about what size blocks I'll need as one, MISTI, fits them all. It simply saves time and space in my bag....it's now a staple on my desk. I was one of the first to receive one...have stamped literally thousands of things by now, traveled with it, dropped it, almost ran it over (true story lol)...the product in no way even shows any wear. It has paid for itself and then some easily by now...simply just in cardstock when a screw up! lol

I am greatly thankful to Iliana and her ingenuity!! I know you hold the patent, to some others who commented about the price being their sole factor...don't give it up! I'd possibly consider licensing it...but definitely to a higher quality brand like Stampin Up or Simon Says Stamp (no fiskars), but to be honest....I think they would have the same price point. Fiskars Stamp press...which i used to use...comes in a *VERY* distant second to what this product can do!! I'm happy to see so many waiting for it! They won't be disappointed!!! It's the American Dream in the working!!! I love it!!!!!!
I did the same! My acrylic blocks are put away in a drawer... the MISTI is all I use now. The simple joy of being able to re-stamp a less-than-perfect image and have it come out perfect has saved me so much time, money, and disappointment.

I just checked the price on one of those "Mega Mounts" from Impression Obsession. They are $25. I know I can get a perfect image (even on a large background stamp) using the MISTI, which makes it invaluable to me.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2014, 03:03 PM   #323  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by CinnistewView Post
I just checked the price on one of those "Mega Mounts" from Impression Obsession. They are $25. I know I can get a perfect image (even on a large background stamp) using the MISTI, which makes it invaluable to me.
I had a mega mount and could not get a perfect image on a regular basis and it took up a lot of space so I sold it at my garage sale.

Another benefit of the MISTI is that I can lay out the card using the magnets to hold everything in place and then I move the un-inked stamp around to see how fits before I stamp the image and glue the paper together.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2014, 04:37 PM   #324  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by QtpyView Post

In addition to not needing to haul the acrylic blocks, you also don't really have to worry if there's a "surface" available (like a desk or table), since the MISTI is a self-contained surface/stamp mount combo! I'm all about consolidation and having my "stuff" taking up the smallest footprint possible, so this is just another reason to love the MISTI

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2014, 04:49 PM   #325  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
I had a mega mount and could not get a perfect image on a regular basis and it took up a lot of space so I sold it at my garage sale.

Another benefit of the MISTI is that I can lay out the card using the magnets to hold everything in place and then I move the un-inked stamp around to see how fits before I stamp the image and glue the paper together.
I totally agree with everyone, my blocks are all put away! Ive saved money and so much time with Misti. All of my Christmas cards are done. Plus, I give my close friends still working a box of 10 cards every year. I'll be finished with those soon, and all thanks to Iliana's amazing Misti!
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2014, 05:28 PM   #326  
Matboard Maniac

I am not stuck on the price, I simply cannot afford it right now. That doesn't mean I am bashing it or the inventor, nor does it make me a bad person. It just doesn't fit into my budget right now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2014, 08:32 PM   #327  
Polyshrink Goddess

Oh Wow I didn't even think about that! My acrylic blocks aren't getting used either except for when I don't want to clean my stamp on MISTI

http://darlenemcg.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2014, 10:06 PM   #328  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by GirlFridayView Post
I am not stuck on the price, I simply cannot afford it right now. That doesn't mean I am bashing it or the inventor, nor does it make me a bad person. It just doesn't fit into my budget right now.
Yup, same here. I don't doubt that in the long run it will save you money, time, etc. Sadly at this time, money is in short supply as I've been on disability since January, and my sole discretionary income comes from cleaning out my closets and 'garage selling' what isn't needed.

Granted, I'm an absolute newbie card maker, and I need just about everything when it comes to supplies right now! So even though it might save money just on cardstock alone in the long run, there's no point if you don't have the money to buy any cardstock to begin with.

I definitely look forward to getting back on my feet and being able to buy a MISTI, because I know it will save a lot of headache for even a newbie like myself (hello wobbly hands! lol) In the meantime, I enjoy reading everybody's reviews.

My blog: Organized Craft Chaos | My Etsy supplies shop
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2014, 01:29 AM   #329  
Gallery Gazer

Any/all of you lamenting that the price is not in your budget right now: I really, really hope that those of us saying "it's worth the money" didn't sound like we thought you were "bashing" the product or anything negative. I TOTALLY understand budget constraints - I've been there before and I'm there right now. Neither DH nor I have found jobs in our new location yet (across the continent from where we started), so if I didn't already own one, I sure wouldn't be buying it right now either - priorities and all...

I also hope that I/we didn't offend you - certainly not the intent! My thought was just to assure anyone who was going to get one that it would be money well spent. I hope that there's an extra dollar or two in your future (for this AND other things)!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2014, 09:22 AM   #330  
Crimping Master

I usually get $$$ from my boss for Christmas. If that holds true this year, I know where $50.00 is going!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2014, 02:46 AM   #331  
Pearl-ExPert

My 19yr old son has been asking me for a list of things that I want for Christmas. I keep telling him "nothing, keep your money for yourself". Finally, after about a month of him begging me for a list, I gave him one. And the MISTI is #2 on my list of things I'd like. My first being a Kitchen Aid Roasting Pan. I told him to share that list with my husband and my mother in law (in case they need ideas on what to get)

My younger son has decided that he wanted to move his bedroom to the basement which meant that all my stamping/scrapbooking stuff can come up stairs to his old room. WOOT WOOT!! It's not often that I get downstairs due to a knee injury and I'm so excited to have everything up on this level where I can easily access my stuff. So instead of going out to the stores on Black Friday tomorrow, I will be in my new craft room, organizing everything. That way, when Christmas rolls around in a few weeks, I'll have a nice, new, organized craft room ready for all my new crafty goodies!!! Can't wait!!!

Splitcoast Member #5361 HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2014, 10:41 AM   #332  
Matboard Maniac

Default Iliana's Thanksgiving message

I hope it's ok to share this - it was a message from her website today - very touching!

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone is having a great day. As for me, I am spending it with my wonderful in laws. I will be back home tomorrow. So for all of you that have just ordered grid pads, cleaner, and magnets, I will start mailing those out as soon as I get home.

I have Thanksgiving day everyday by making it a point to give thanks and praise to God everyday for all the blessings He has given me. I am so grateful for the seed God planted in my thoughts to come up with MISTI. Last year when it came time to do the church Christmas cards for the pastor, I was dreading the whole process. I was trying to come up with a good excuse and ask the pastor if this year we could purchase them. My thoughts were that my hard work would just be thrown away. I prayed asking to find a card design that would be easy to replicate. I found one and ordered my supplies.

Sitting down to start making 100 cards, I cringed and wondered why I commited to this. I thought to myself that this was a way to serve God doing something I love. I said a prayer, thanking God for blessing me with an awesome craftroom and making it a point to check my attitude so that I would serve with a joyful heart. The process of making cards began and my joyful heart soon started to lose the joy. Mis-stamping was happening too often and my neck was starting to hurt from craning over. Frustration set in and I took a break and prayed. I prayed for an easier way to get this task done.

I looked at my desk and the stack of wasted cardstock. My first thought was, "How can I solve this problem?" Then God stepped in. My thought was to create a fixed point to be able to re-stamp. What did I do? I used washi to tape my Fiskar's stamp press to a mouse pad. The next day, I went to the hardware store and started to build my prototype. It took three trips to the store. When I finally got it to work, I actually cried. I completed my cards error free and in record time.

I went to an attorney and had a patent search done. He recommended that I not seek a patent. Needless to say, I was disappointed. Feeling that some big company would steal my idea, I researched about supplies and manufacturers as discreetly as I could. That is how this journey started.

Recently, several readers kept telling me to get a patent. I prayed once again for wisdom and discernment. I kept getting this nagging feeling that I should seek a second opinion on a patent. The first attorney that did the patent search did not specialize in patents. I sought one out and found a patent attorney in Chicago. My new attorney studied the patent search results and advised me that my invention was novel enough to seek a patent. So last week, I started the patent process. In about four weeks, I can label my product patent pending.

Thank you so much for all of your encouragement and support. Your kind words are precious to me. I would like to also thank those of you that have spread the word about my product. Thank you Linda C. for being my advocate on the forums. Thank you Karen B. for your encouraging words. Thank you Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner for your willingness to promote my product. Word cannot express the joy that is overflowing from my heart. THANK YOU!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2014, 11:49 AM   #333  
Gallery Gazer

What a wonderful, humble attitude! These are the kind of entrepreneurs that deserve all the success they can possibly imagine (and more)! Thanks for posting that, Sandy

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2014, 06:58 AM   #334  
Stazon Splitcoast

I hope she approaches Lindsay, The Frugalcrafter too. Jennifer and Kristina pretty much preach to the same choir (and yes I follow and enjoy both). I think Lindsay has a different enough demographic and a recognition that Frugality doesn't equal cheap - you pay for a good tool.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2014, 01:26 PM   #335  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
I hope she approaches Lindsay, The Frugalcrafter too. Jennifer and Kristina pretty much preach to the same choir (and yes I follow and enjoy both). I think Lindsay has a different enough demographic and a recognition that Frugality doesn't equal cheap - you pay for a good tool.
I posted about Misti on this last "Ask A Crafter".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2014, 01:51 PM   #336  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnecardsView Post
I posted about Misti on this last "Ask A Crafter".
So did I!

Have to say I would be more swayed by Lindsay's vote of confidence than Jennifer's or Kristina's, no disrespect to Jennifer and Kristina but they are pretty corporate with regard to promotion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2014, 02:26 AM   #337  
Pearl-ExPert

So from what I've gathered from reading many of these posts is that once you get the MISTI, you no longer need the Stampamajig and the clear blocks? Would you at least keep one block to put the stamps on when you clean them on the stamp scrubber?

Splitcoast Member #5361 HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2014, 02:36 AM   #338  
Stazon Splitcoast

definitely keep your blocks. especially the small ones.

I no longer use my stamp ma jig, but I find myself using my smaller blocks for a variety of reasons. Sometimes it is easier to use a block -- I know i did recently but I can't remember why!! I also keep my blocks because they are paid for (!) and I use them for watercoloring and other techniques (putting ink on the block itself).

If you are starting out and get the MISTI first, then I'd get one small block and maybe one larger one.

I am SO glad that the inventor is getting this patented. I hope she makes a bundle. She deserves it. It is one of the truly brilliant yet simple products that works, and does what it says it will do.

I have made more cards and wasted less paper since I got this.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2014, 04:57 AM   #339  
Rubber Obsessor

I just learned of this product which sounds fantastic! I was ready to pre-order until I learned the newer version is different from the original. Since everyone here seems to be using the laser cut MISTI, I am hesitant to order one which is screen printed. I think I may need to wait to hear the reviews of this newer version before ordering one.

My Blog http://sweetvioletspaperie.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2014, 05:27 AM   #340  
Forum Fanatic

I also still use my blocks and my SAMJ, just not nearly as often as before.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2014, 06:18 AM   #341  
Gallery Gazer

I don't use the SAMJ any more, but I agree with Joan about keeping smaller blocks. I often do random stamping, and it would be a pain to keep removing the stamp, placing it somewhere else, moving it again, etc. Easier to grab a block and go...

My thought on the screen-printed MISTI, as opposed to the etched one, is that it's still a very worthwhile investment and will last a long, long time if properly taken care of without losing the integrity of the screen-printed grid. Cleaning gently instead of scrubbing hard would be key, I'm thinkin'...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2014, 08:05 AM   #342  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamDView Post
I just learned of this product which sounds fantastic! I was ready to pre-order until I learned the newer version is different from the original. Since everyone here seems to be using the laser cut MISTI, I am hesitant to order one which is screen printed. I think I may need to wait to hear the reviews of this newer version before ordering one.
She is very upfront about the difference in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHN2xg_BvEs
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2014, 09:01 AM   #343  
Matboard Maniac

Yes, I'm definitely keeping a few blocks, especially my gridded ones. I figured if I'm doing a random polka dot background that I see so much of nowadays, I'll still need blocks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2014, 10:41 AM   #344  
Rubber Obsessor

I am loving my MISTI. It comes in handy for stamping repeats, such as holiday cards. I tried it out with an ombre technique here:
cards by cara: Season's Greetings with MISTI
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2014, 02:50 PM   #345  
Crimping Master

My "hardly used" Stamp Press is packed away. The only block I have out is one larger one that I put my stamps on after they have been used so they don't get lost.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2014, 02:51 PM   #346  
Stazon Splitcoast

I never got the stamp press because I knew I never had a cleared space large enough for it.

Does the MISTI rely on a clear space? Any other peeps craft in a 2in x 2in space? I see in theory you should be able to place it on top of what you're working on, just wanted to know experiences and if people have done so or if it is still in the coveted new toy space with plenty of room.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2014, 03:44 PM   #347  
Matboard Maniac

Just in case you haven't seen this yet, Jennifer McGuire promotes MISTI as one of her favorite stamping tools! (At the 5.48 mark)
My Favorite Crafty Things 2014 - Crafting Tools - YouTube
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2014, 03:52 PM   #348  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I never got the stamp press because I knew I never had a cleared space large enough for it.

Does the MISTI rely on a clear space? Any other peeps craft in a 2in x 2in space? I see in theory you should be able to place it on top of what you're working on, just wanted to know experiences and if people have done so or if it is still in the coveted new toy space with plenty of room.
I noticed in one of her videos, it appears that Iliana was using it on her lap in the car!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2014, 05:58 PM   #349  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by SandyKaydView Post
Just in case you haven't seen this yet, Jennifer McGuire promotes MISTI as one of her favorite stamping tools! (At the 5.48 mark)
My Favorite Crafty Things 2014 - Crafting Tools - YouTube
Jennifer's video is showing the one from the manufacturer and the list to get one is going to really grow. Wonder how many Iliana has coming for mid December delivery. I'm glad I preordered on the first day you could do that as I suspect the preorder list will grow quickly....at least I hope so for Iliana...she has worked really hard on this invention.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2014, 06:59 PM   #350  
Pearl-ExPert

I just ordered one - Christmas present from DH; so looking forward to using all the large background stamps with this, never could use them before and I have lots.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-30-2014, 07:06 PM   #351  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazysuziestamperView Post
Jennifer's video is showing the one from the manufacturer and the list to get one is going to really grow. Wonder how many Iliana has coming for mid December delivery. I'm glad I preordered on the first day you could do that as I suspect the preorder list will grow quickly....at least I hope so for Iliana...she has worked really hard on this invention.
I'm so excited for Iliana! Jennifer "LOVES" Misti! Of course it's no surprise to all of us who have raved about this must have tool! I have the original, as you all know by now, and think the new darker screen printed grid is way cool. Can't wait to see more of Jennifer using Misti.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 02:50 AM   #352  
Rubber Obsessor

I kept thinking about MISTI yesterday while Christmas decorating, and then this morning I saw on FB that Jennifer McGuire included MISTI in her favorite Crafty Tools. I am sure Jennifer's recommendation will increase orders.....because it was the little shove I needed. Yes, I ordered MISTI this morning!

My Blog http://sweetvioletspaperie.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 07:10 AM   #353  
Stazon Splitcoast

I notice on her ordering there is a space for a coupon code. Anyone have one... yeah I'm very tempted to order this for my Christmas present (and it is a lot cheaper than the Cameo that is tempting me!!!).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 07:59 AM   #354  
Linking Queen

I'm not sure but I think the code (if any) might be on Jennifer McGuore's website ... in the post about her favorite tools.

HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 08:59 AM   #355  
Stazon Splitcoast

Didn't see one there.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 10:08 AM   #356  
Crimping Master

I watched a video on this product this morning and while watching it, I decided...if this is less than $25 I am buyin' it NOW! Unfortunately, it was twice that which I find to be a bit high. I applaud the creator of this and while I completely agree that it is a brilliant tool, it is far too overpriced for my budget. Maybe someone with the ability to mass produce at a reasonable cost will come along and I can pick one up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 10:55 AM   #357  
Embossing Fanatic

Yep, I came back to this site to gush about seeing the MISTI on Jennifer McGuire's favorite crafty things video yesterday, but I am late to the party!! I am so proud of Iliana for having an endorsement like that and for creating such a wonderful product.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 11:17 AM   #358  
Stazon Splitcoast

Not to rain on the parade but that is a paid endorsement. I'm sure Jennifer wouldn't have endorsed the product if she didn't like it but it is still paid for with the product. TBH I hold more stock in the length of the thread here and the stampers here who will tell the good and the bad and had to buy the product themselves to find out.

And yes, I follow Jennifer McGuire's blog and youtube channels so I am not anti anything.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 12:01 PM   #359  
Stampin' Fool

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's great that MISTI is getting great exposure though. Many readers on JM's blog and many of those will buy something just because she endorses it. Gotta love that!

I kept wanting to buy one but held off til I saw more testimonials. Once I was convinced... it was always gone before I could buy one!
When she advertised MISTI for Pre-order I jumped on it quick! Yay! Can't wait to receive mine

Last edited by klh54; 12-01-2014 at 12:03 PM.. Reason: um...typos!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 12:55 PM   #360  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Not to rain on the parade but that is a paid endorsement. I'm sure Jennifer wouldn't have endorsed the product if she didn't like it but it is still paid for with the product. TBH I hold more stock in the length of the thread here and the stampers here who will tell the good and the bad and had to buy the product themselves to find out.

And yes, I follow Jennifer McGuire's blog and youtube channels so I am not anti anything.
Haha yes I agree. It's a lot easier to endorse a product when you don't have to purchase it! I always thought how nice it would be to be super-fantastic-amazing at anything so that companies want to give me freebies to try. The endorsement of average people who spend their hard-earned money to purchase an item holds a lot more water with me. I don't think it's so much JM's endorsement that is valuable, as it is the publicity and exposure MISTI will get from it. Stampers who may not have been aware about it are now in the know.

My blog: Organized Craft Chaos | My Etsy supplies shop
Reply With Quote Likes