Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-31-2016, 03:27 PM   #1561  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
I don't know how they can determine who came up with the idea first. Maybe the MISTI design was a copy of something that already existed. I am just glad to have a MISTI.... no matter who invented it. It has been a great tool for me!
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2016, 06:54 PM   #1562  
Rubber Obsessor

I CANNOT separate my magnets at times, so I have covered mine with Washi Tape. I leave a tail of the washi on both magnets.
With the washi tails I can pull the two apart and for the 3 months I've been using them this way, there hasn't been any tape residue on my projects.
But those things are so strong, sometime my hubby has difficulty with them.
I have used the same thin magnets (from Basic Gray), that I use to keep my pop up cards closed instead of the big magnets and they work great (plus I can actually move them). So I agree with those who say the mini magnets are great with the Misti.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2016, 07:31 PM   #1563  
Rubber Obsessor

Cool Difference between a cheapo copy and the original

Quote:

Originally Posted by MySweetPetuniaView Post
Hi Bahb -

I'd be happy to look up your account with us and replace your cracked MISTI. I can assure you the replacements aren't bogus So sorry you have that impression.

Please email me through the website's contact us page or by clicking here and include photos of your MISTI and I'll start working on it.

We had about 1% of the original manufacturing process that crazed, and we've replaced them all. The new process eliminates that defect.

Anyway - I'm happy to take care of you - I just need your info to do so.
Try to get a cheap Chinese copy of a MISTI replaced like Iliana has done for this person.

I'd like to know, besides the letterpress industry (I do not count those as I do not think there is any letter press that is a table top size and affordable as the MISTI is), what the tool is that Iliana was supposedly copying. I am a retired mech engineer and I know there are hundreds of things in our world that were redesigned or improved were given patents.

If you read the story of the MISTI you would read that she had over 100 Christmas cards to make for her ministry. I think that if there was something available for her to order to help her with her project, she would have ordered it instead of taking all of that time to create her own.

What I do suspect is that very soon other companies will soon copy her MISTI under their own name. A patent will protect her rights in this and I think she will get one.
I do not care if there are other tools out there or not, but the bottom line is this, she made her original MISTI's in her home (I have the original and have just ordered the mini).

Why are so many of you willing to kick at a woman who has succeeded from, essentially, her kitchen table? Jealously? Envy? C'mon! I am thrilled she invented this thing and I am more than happy to own both of them. Iliana has shown us that the little guy or girl can get her idea to market.

You go, Iliana! I'll be keeping my eye out for anything else you invent, improve or redesign!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2016, 08:39 PM   #1564  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Well said Saphyre333.

Last year at craft camp, I was the only one, out of 31 woman with a MISTI. By the time I left camp 7 ladies had placed an order with Illiana. At craft camp last weekend EVERYONE had a MISTI.

We all exchanged MISTI stories, but one story had us in tears. Di teaches arts and craft to disabled people. She described the look on their faces when they stamp an image and make a card or a bookmark. Some families have told her that MISTI has been 'lifechanging' and that their son's/daughters get up everyday and all they want to do is stamp with MISTI. Di also said that many of her stroke and Parkinson patients grin from ear to ear when she walks in with her MISTI.

Illiana is an inspiration and I wish her every success in the world. xx

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-30-2016, 11:52 PM   #1565  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie australiaView Post
Well said Saphyre333.

Last year at craft camp, I was the only one, out of 31 woman with a MISTI. By the time I left camp 7 ladies had placed an order with Illiana. At craft camp last weekend EVERYONE had a MISTI.

We all exchanged MISTI stories, but one story had us in tears. Di teaches arts and craft to disabled people. She described the look on their faces when they stamp an image and make a card or a bookmark. Some families have told her that MISTI has been 'lifechanging' and that their son's/daughters get up everyday and all they want to do is stamp with MISTI. Di also said that many of her stroke and Parkinson patients grin from ear to ear when she walks in with her MISTI.

Illiana is an inspiration and I wish her every success in the world. xx
I respect what she is doing and understand how the patients feel. It is unfortunate that I have had to stop doing my cancer kits that I would pass out to cancer patients awaiting their treatments in hospital.
Nothing really special about the kits just some cards, paper, glue dots, embellishments and pre stamped images for them to color to help them make a card or two for friends or fellow patients.
I wish I could start up the project again, but many of my donors have backed out. The kits were always free to the patients, the supplies came out of our pockets alone.
I completely admire your friend for helping sick people smile for even a little while.
Take care!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2016, 03:33 AM   #1566  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Smile

It really is a shame that you don't have the help you need to keep this project going. As a former cancer patient who spent many hours in the clinic I know the patients would have appreciated them. Maybe as people read this they will be inspired to help you get it started up again. If I weren't so far away (Canada) I would happily send you things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2016, 09:13 AM   #1567  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dianne BartonView Post
It really is a shame that you don't have the help you need to keep this project going. As a former cancer patient who spent many hours in the clinic I know the patients would have appreciated them. Maybe as people read this they will be inspired to help you get it started up again. If I weren't so far away (Canada) I would happily send you things.
Thank you for your kind words and I agree with you. I am a cancer survivor and I spent 5 long months in a hospital receiving my treatments.
I had to do the hospital time because once the chemo was over, my white count would start plummeting and they'd put me into isolation. It seems that once the "rescue" period was over, it was time for the next round of chemo. But I had an aggressive form of cancer that had already spread to both lungs and started on my liver. I had an awesome oncology team and due to their research and using me as a guinea pig, that same cancer is not life threatening anymore (as long as it is caught early).
The "Pink Ladies", the volunteers at the hospital, would bring me a kit of some kind every week that I was in and I promised myself I would return the favor if I survived.
I did and have spent the last 30+ years doing kits for the different cancer hospitals wherever we lived.
With the prices of craft supplies going up and wages staying the same, I understand why donors are falling off.
As to the Splitcoast Stampers, I have had some of the people on here send us various things to make kits up. Some have sent me ideas and another who sent us a money donation through paypal.
Cancer has touched so many people lives in one way or another and we have appreciated every one of the people out there trying to make cancer patients lives a little brighter.
They are heroes too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-01-2016, 09:48 AM   #1568  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 62 Likes on 39 Posts

Beautiful story Sapphyre! So glad you are well!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2016, 07:15 PM   #1569  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saphyre333View Post
I respect what she is doing and understand how the patients feel. It is unfortunate that I have had to stop doing my cancer kits that I would pass out to cancer patients awaiting their treatments in hospital.
Nothing really special about the kits just some cards, paper, glue dots, embellishments and pre stamped images for them to color to help them make a card or two for friends or fellow patients.
I wish I could start up the project again, but many of my donors have backed out. The kits were always free to the patients, the supplies came out of our pockets alone.
I completely admire your friend for helping sick people smile for even a little while.
Take care!
There is a chat thread about Purging over in the Mission: Organisation section. Maybe some of the ladies could donate some things?? Here is a link, I hope it helps.

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...l#post21270325

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-27-2016, 06:11 AM   #1570  
Rubber Obsessor

It's at this time of year, making holiday cards, that I find my MISTI even more helpful than usual! I just love this tool all the way through the year but especially when making my Christmas cards and tags! Thank you, Sweet Petunia!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2017, 04:21 AM   #1571  
Cardstock Collector

Default SU Stamparatus

I see today that Stampin' Up has announced their stamping platform the 'Stamparatus' with two hinged lids.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2017, 11:32 AM   #1572  
Kookie Creator

I bought a Tim Holtz Stamp Platform and am thrilled!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2017, 05:59 PM   #1573  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by MySweetPetuniaView Post
Hi Bahb -
I'd be happy to look up your account with us and replace your cracked MISTI. I can assure you the replacements aren't bogus So sorry you have that impression.
18 Months have passed and today I got an e-mail message that there was a new Misti posting, so i came here and found that posting about the Tim Holtz platform and low and behold there was a message from Illiana saying she would replace my Misti. WHY didn't she replace it when I first complained? And why did I never receive an e-mail that she had replied? She had my address or could have PMd me.

Misti is still cracked but still usable and I still think it's the best piece of equipment i ever bought.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-15-2017, 06:21 PM   #1574  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

I'm lovin' my Misti.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2017, 01:07 PM   #1575  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

I would have been so frustrated by now if I had not had the Misti. The Misti has given me the joy of stamping, and I cannot thank Illiana enough.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2018, 08:54 AM   #1576  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mini Misti Issue

I just got a Mini Misti and have noticed a problem. I also have the Original Misti and on my Original Misti the clear lid slightly extends over the pink ruler edge along the long side creating a lip that you use to raise the lid. With the Mini Misti that I received the lid is even with the platform and as a result it is hard to lift. Is this the way they all are or is mine defective? If that is the way they all are does anyone have a suggestion for creating some way to make opening the lid easier? As it is I find it very frustrating to use. TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2018, 09:08 AM   #1577  
Embossing Fanatic

I have the regular Misti and there is no "lip" . The top is flush with the sides.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2018, 09:35 AM   #1578  
Polyshrink Goddess

You can add a handle made from masking or washi tape to the edge to make it easier to
Open.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cottage PaperView Post
If that is the way they all are does anyone have a suggestion for creating some way to make opening the lid easier? As it is I find it very frustrating to use. TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2018, 11:02 AM   #1579  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dianne BartonView Post
I have the regular Misti and there is no "lip" . The top is flush with the sides.

Hummm. That is interesting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-15-2018, 11:43 AM   #1580  
Kookie Creator

Mine is even -- not a problem.
Reply With Quote Likes