Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   MISTI most incredible stamp tool invented (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/misti-most-incredible-stamp-tool-invented-590419/)

RiverIsis 08-26-2014 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenBinPa (Post 20734707)
I see how it works for clear stamps, but how do u know where to place rubber stamps, like a thingammajig?

Yes, you're supposed to use your plastic out of your stamp-a-ma-jig. That was one of the issues. I think for the price point you should be able to use the product for all cling/clear stamps without having to buy extras to make it work. That in itself basically adds another $10 to use it properly.

It is not just my issue with this product but many others, for example I think digital cutters should come with tool kits etc. If you can't use it for its intended purpose without the tool then the tool is necessary and should be part of the product in my book.

KarenBinPa 08-26-2014 04:42 AM

Ahhhh, I get it. I made a Thingamajig out of Lego and use a CB plate. Works great.
Do you know if this works with the sticky red rubber, without ruining the plastic?

Annecards 08-26-2014 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenBinPa (Post 20734709)
And, my stamps are unmounted down to red rubber, with Tack it over and over on it. How does that work?

It's worked for me. I don't remove the Misti foam since there is no mounting foam on most of my uncounted red rubber stamps. I use the grid paper to test placement after I've used the clear Misti grid to get it straight. I haven't had to use my SAMJ. I've taken the red rubber off the block and used with the original mounting foam and it has not harmed the plastic, remove once finished.

zineth 08-28-2014 08:42 PM

more MISTI inventory 8/28

I signed up for notifications last night, tonight at 7:18 PST I received notice of more inventory. By 9pm my order was complete. I bought a left and right handed one. I already have orders for 50+ of the same cards and this allows me to recruit friends to assist in my bulk projects:) In addition I am a leftie and want to try both.

I read her blog, watched the videos and felt compelled to support her for her entrepreneurial spirit!

I look forward to no more wasted watercolor sheets!

Annecards 08-28-2014 09:21 PM

Only 7 left, 6 right & 1 left. They really go fast!

Crafter 4 Life 08-29-2014 06:13 AM

Have been stalking her shop for what seems like FOREVER! I placed my order just a little before 9:30 pm (PST) and received my USPS notice at 5:46 am. WOW, I am doing a happy dance-

The MISTI just seems like a well thought out tool. Also, watched her videos and her cards are awesome.

KarenBinPa 08-29-2014 06:24 AM

I can't find where you sign up for notification! Ugh.

Crafter 4 Life 08-29-2014 08:15 AM

Karen-

Go to the blog. On the far right side, about in the middle is where you can sign up for notifications.

GOOD LUCK!

Crafty-lizette 08-29-2014 08:35 AM

Missy

My friend bought me this tool and just got it today and I have played with it all afternoon, got to say I REALLY LOVE it! No more spoiled cards for me! I wish this lady who invented this well and hope she makes a fortune, it really is the "Most incredible" tool yet!!!!
I have all the other tools, including the Fiskars and they just don't work, this one keeps it there every single time, I just love it.
Thank you to my friend Susan for spoiling me with another great tool!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsis (Post 20714455)
That's probably what the magnets are for, that and placing some scrap over the back to keep it clean...

I will watch some more videos - this is temping for me just from a stamping multiple of the same stamp for my Christmas cards situation. I keep being tempted by the Fiskars but don't like the "wiggle" factor.

ETA - I have watched some of her cardmaking videos - very nice cards and tool. However, it makes me wish she had just added a removable clear grid instead of saying use the plastic from your stamp a ma jig and relying on using grid paper for alignment. If I buy a tool I don't want to have to add to it to make it work I want it to work pretty much straight out of the box. Great tool but I consider it a beta version (just like I wish I had bought my Scorpal after they made more grooves in it).

QueenOfInkland 08-30-2014 05:10 PM

Well, I just used my Misti for the first time a few minutes ago and I am TOTALLY impressed!!! The image placement is so PRECISE for restamping the image multiple times :) woohooooooooooooo!!! And this was easier to use than either my SAMJ or my Fiskar's stamp presses.

I'm working on a project and I am stamping a solid image with black dye ink (you know how that goes usually). I'm going to use copics so I stamped with a freshly reinked Memento tuxedo black pad. Even with that juicy pad, I did not get solid coverage on one stamping. I stamped three times and my image is now terrific.

RUN DO NOT WALK to get one of these fabulous MISTIs.

One final thanks to the OP for sharing the news of this tool with the SCS community and to everyone who got a MISTI and shared their experience with the rest of us.

Bahb 08-30-2014 07:25 PM

I don't get the reason I would need a grid, but no matter, I LOVE the MISTI. I'm super-impressed with the quality of the parts. I only got one magnet, but it's such high quality I can't see a reason I would need more. In fact, I might not need even one, because the card stock has no problem staying where's it's put, unlike cardstock on my crafting mat or Genesis trimmer. Hmmm, I'll bet the magnets would be useful on the trimmer, must try that.

I have such fumbly arthritic fingers, I've always had a terrible time stamping exactly where I aimed for, and keeping smudges from my fingers off the card. MISTI ends that! Once I get the stamp placed exactly right, I just close the cover of the book, so to speak, and my fingers aren't anywhere near the card. I think the only equipment I ever bought that excited me this much was the CuttleBug. Misti is that revolutionary to cardmaking. The Fiskar's stamp presses cost me the same but there was no precision, and everyone knows about the SU Stampamajig and precision........they were helpful but MISTI is revolutionary and I wish I had a fortune to buy one for EVERY stamper.:mrgreen:

TheOtherMeg 08-30-2014 07:29 PM

I asked about a 12x12 board and was told it'd be $80. She said she'll make it when she gets back from vacation (10 September). I read on another board that others have requested a 12x12 board, too, and she'll make them up as special orders.

QueenOfInkland 08-31-2014 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafty-lizette (Post 20738050)
I wish this lady who invented this well and hope she makes a fortune...

DITTO what you said. I hope she makes a fortune too - so well-deserved :)

Jill with a G 08-31-2014 09:20 AM

I am still trying to snag a right handed one! This seems like it would be so helpful! I'd use it all the time!!

Annecards 08-31-2014 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill with a G (Post 20739410)
I am still trying to snag a right handed one! This seems like it would be so helpful! I'd use it all the time!!

Hi Gillian, I believe Iliana is on vacation and won't be making the Misti until she returns. I saw a post on either FB or her blog saying she would begin making more around the second week in September, but I don't see it now. There is a post from Iliana saying she's in Texas on vacation. Just thought you and others would like to know.

Keep checking, because I know you'll love it. I'm just a customer, and do not know Iliana other than through her blog and FB page. I love to see a fellow crafter succeed, so I am a big fan.

calidreamin 08-31-2014 11:15 AM

I posted near the beginning of this thread about the MISTI and I just wanted to say that after almost a month of owning and using it, I am still in love with it! I just wish it had been invented sooner:D Be sure to watch the videos at My Sweet Petunia---they really show different ways to use it.

craftEcowgirl 08-31-2014 01:55 PM

Quote:

I am right handed, but bought a left handed Misti, and love it. Seemed more natural to have it open like a book to me. Alot of my cards are long ways and I also use misti with hindge bottom and open at top. Love it!!

darlenemcg 09-01-2014 10:08 AM

I received mine and used it for the first time! It's awesome. Quick ? How is everyone cleaning their stamp; on the MISTI or off?

stamphappy1650 09-01-2014 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenBinPa (Post 20734707)
I see how it works for clear stamps, but how do u know where to place rubber stamps, like a thingammajig?

She has videos on her site that explain it.

The simplest method is place a clean stamp image down on the cardstock, move the stamp around to find the spot, close the lid to pick-up the stamp (un-mounted rubber stamps need some kind of sticky back like cling foam). Ink the stamp, close the lid to stamp the image. Need to get a better image, ink the stamp, close the lid to stamp.

Her videos explain how to do a lot of different ideas - they are worth watching. :)

stamphappy1650 09-01-2014 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darlenemcg (Post 20740326)
I received mine and used it for the first time! It's awesome. Quick ? How is everyone cleaning their stamp; on the MISTI or off?

Both - most of the time on MISTI and I clean the lid at the same time. I'm using the homemade gentle stamp cleaner, nothing harsh. I'm treating the MISTI lid the same way I treat my nice blocks - nothing harsh (no alcohol, 409, Simple Green, hand sanitizer, etc.).

Jill with a G 09-01-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annecards (Post 20739465)
Hi Gillian, I believe Iliana is on vacation and won't be making the Misti until she returns. I saw a post on either FB or her blog saying she would begin making more around the second week in September, but I don't see it now. There is a post from Iliana saying she's in Texas on vacation. Just thought you and others would like to know.

Keep checking, because I know you'll love it. I'm just a customer, and do not know Iliana other than through her blog and FB page. I love to see a fellow crafter succeed, so I am a big fan.

Thanks for the heads up, and since I am subscribing to her blog, her Facebook page, and her You Tube videos, Iliana responded to one of my comments. I should get a notice when more are available.

QueenOfInkland 09-01-2014 05:56 PM

Quote:

I am still trying to snag a right handed one!

For whatever this is worth (LOL) I purchased a right-hand MISTI but when I was watching one of the YouTube videos earlier today, I found out that I have been using it backwards :oops: i.e. with the hinges on the left side instead of the right side.

That said, wrong or right orientation, it worked great and felt just fine the way I was using it ;) I'll have to try using it the 'right' way and see if it 'feels' any worse or better than how I've been using it............

lovetostamp3 09-01-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bahb (Post 20739103)
I don't get the reason I would need a grid, but no matter, I LOVE the MISTI. I'm super-impressed with the quality of the parts. I only got one magnet, but it's such high quality I can't see a reason I would need more. In fact, I might not need even one, because the card stock has no problem staying where's it's put, unlike cardstock on my crafting mat or Genesis trimmer. Hmmm, I'll bet the magnets would be useful on the trimmer, must try that.

I have such fumbly arthritic fingers, I've always had a terrible time stamping exactly where I aimed for, and keeping smudges from my fingers off the card. MISTI ends that! Once I get the stamp placed exactly right, I just close the cover of the book, so to speak, and my fingers aren't anywhere near the card. I think the only equipment I ever bought that excited me this much was the CuttleBug. Misti is that revolutionary to cardmaking. The Fiskar's stamp presses cost me the same but there was no precision, and everyone knows about the SU Stampamajig and precision........they were helpful but MISTI is revolutionary and I wish I had a fortune to buy one for EVERY stamper.:mrgreen:

As for the grid paper, if you check out some of her tutorials, either through YouTube or on her blog, July 24th and 25th, and Aug. 30th, you'll see some good examples of her using the graph paper for stamp placement and easy repeat stamping. And, it really works!!! Right now with school starting back up, I got a great deal on graph pads at my local Office Depot, on a 2fer deal!! They were a real deal a couple of weeks ago, and willing to bet it's still on or goes back on. You may want to check Staples too, it can't be that expensive.

craftEcowgirl 09-02-2014 05:45 AM

I have two magnets and use them everytime, I do need more. As I noticed the clear stamps tend to grab paper when I line up and even when stamping. And when I am stamping small pieces that I will later add to card front, that I need the magnets to hold so they dont move easily.

love2stamp28 09-02-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsis (Post 20734717)
Yes, you're supposed to use your plastic out of your stamp-a-ma-jig. That was one of the issues. I think for the price point you should be able to use the product for all cling/clear stamps without having to buy extras to make it work. That in itself basically adds another $10 to use it properly.

It is not just my issue with this product but many others, for example I think digital cutters should come with tool kits etc. If you can't use it for its intended purpose without the tool then the tool is necessary and should be part of the product in my book.

I'm sorry, but I'm just really baffled by your comment that you are "supposed" to use the plastic from the stamp a ma jig? I thought I watched all of her videos and I've completely missed that? I can't honestly see why that would be necessary at all. I agree wholeheartedly that products should come with all of the parts necessary to use them, and MISTI does! I've been using mine for a few weeks now and it's fantastic! The grid is etched on both the cover and the base (under the black foam pad). In looking at her August 30th video, I guess you can use a clear piece of acetate to help you line up your stamp, but honestly, the fact that it doesn't come with the MISTI is certainly no reason to not buy it. In fact, the reason she put that tip out there was for those of us that have the non-clear stamps as another way to make sure your stamp is lined up correctly. I'm sure all of us stampers use different methods to adjust our stamps, it's simply not possible to produce an item that takes into account the multitude of stamp thicknesses and/or production mistakes. If I have to slide an extra piece of cardstock or foam under my paper to allow the image to stamp better, then so be it. I'm constantly tweaking my stamping anyway? MISTI solves sooooooo many other problems, like shaky hands or when I didn't eyeball something very straight - seriously, those grid lines ROCK!! You can align your clear stamps perfectly using just the MISTI and those grid lines. My stamping has never looked better :D As far as buying accessories . . . well, to each their own. I haven't needed the magnets yet, although I can see where they would be helpful, and I just cut my own grid paper to use like I did with my scrap paper before I had a MISTI. I just think that MISTI is very user-friendly right out of the box, and you don't need any other parts from other tools in order to use it.

RiverIsis 09-02-2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by love2stamp28 (Post 20741121)
I'm sorry, but I'm just really baffled by your comment that you are "supposed" to use the plastic from the stamp a ma jig? I thought I watched all of her videos and I've completely missed that? I can't honestly see why that would be necessary at all. I agree wholeheartedly that products should come with all of the parts necessary to use them, and MISTI does! I've been using mine for a few weeks now and it's fantastic! The grid is etched on both the cover and the base (under the black foam pad). In looking at her August 30th video, I guess you can use a clear piece of acetate to help you line up your stamp, but honestly, the fact that it doesn't come with the MISTI is certainly no reason to not buy it. In fact, the reason she put that tip out there was for those of us that have the non-clear stamps as another way to make sure your stamp is lined up correctly. I'm sure all of us stampers use different methods to adjust our stamps, it's simply not possible to produce an item that takes into account the multitude of stamp thicknesses and/or production mistakes. If I have to slide an extra piece of cardstock or foam under my paper to allow the image to stamp better, then so be it. I'm constantly tweaking my stamping anyway? MISTI solves sooooooo many other problems, like shaky hands or when I didn't eyeball something very straight - seriously, those grid lines ROCK!! You can align your clear stamps perfectly using just the MISTI and those grid lines. My stamping has never looked better :D As far as buying accessories . . . well, to each their own. I haven't needed the magnets yet, although I can see where they would be helpful, and I just cut my own grid paper to use like I did with my scrap paper before I had a MISTI. I just think that MISTI is very user-friendly right out of the box, and you don't need any other parts from other tools in order to use it.

Not certain what's to be baffled about when she said it. I watched the videos too and was baffled why she even mentioned it. But she definitely mentioned it as a way to position the stamp for stamping. I never would have mentioned it if she hadn't.

And stampers using MISTI are already saying they NEED the magnets, grid paper etc. This isn't me saying it, it is people using their money to buy the product saying it, right here in this thread.

lovetostamp3 09-02-2014 11:46 AM

I bought the Misti, and it worked for me right out of the box, no magnets, no paper no nothing!!! I used the graph paper, as she demonstrated, purely as a means to line up my stamp for doing a background, and protecting the surface under my card stock just like I did pre Misti days. The graph paper made it so much easier to move my card stock to know where to stamp next, that's all. I have yet to have to use magnets......

People can always finds extras to use with products and that's up to them. This will work without the clear plastic sheet, and without magnets. IF it makes life easier for you, then use them, no big deal!!!! :)

love2stamp28 09-02-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsis (Post 20741164)
Not certain what's to be baffled about when she said it. I watched the videos too and was baffled why she even mentioned it. But she definitely mentioned it as a way to position the stamp for stamping. I never would have mentioned it if she hadn't.

And stampers using MISTI are already saying they NEED the magnets, grid paper etc. This isn't me saying it, it is people using their money to buy the product saying it, right here in this thread.

I was baffled because it seemed that you were telling people on this thread that you needed to use the stamp a ma jig plastic with the MISTI. You wrote: "Yes, you're supposed to use your plastic out of your stamp-a-ma-jig. That was one of the issues. I think for the price point you should be able to use the product for all cling/clear stamps without having to buy extras to make it work. That in itself basically adds another $10 to use it properly."

I'm guilty of being wordy - sorry! But the bottom line is that you not need the SAMJ plastic, nor do you have to spend an extra $10 to use MISTI properly. She has provided many ideas and different techniques through her videos, website, and FB page, because everyone stamps differently. The rest of my post stated that I have been using MISTI for the last few weeks, I LOVE it!! While I can see where the magnets would be handy, I'm using it just fine without. You can use post it tape or another repositionable tape. Simply another viewpoint.

Annecards 09-02-2014 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by love2stamp28 (Post 20741248)
I was baffled because it seemed that you were telling people on this thread that you needed to use the stamp a ma jig plastic with the MISTI. You wrote: "Yes, you're supposed to use your plastic out of your stamp-a-ma-jig. That was one of the issues. I think for the price point you should be able to use the product for all cling/clear stamps without having to buy extras to make it work. That in itself basically adds another $10 to use it properly."

I'm guilty of being wordy - sorry! But the bottom line is that you not need the SAMJ plastic, nor do you have to spend an extra $10 to use MISTI properly. She has provided many ideas and different techniques through her videos, website, and FB page, because everyone stamps differently. The rest of my post stated that I have been using MISTI for the last few weeks, I LOVE it!! While I can see where the magnets would be handy, I'm using it just fine without. You can use post it tape or another repositionable tape. Simply another viewpoint.

The Misti is one amazing tool! I haven't been this excited about a tool in some time. I have stamps that are a pain in the hindside to use. They weren't cheap in price, you know those stamps made out of the cheap material. I had them boxed up, because I dreaded even using them. WOW, they stamp perfectly with the Misti! In the long run, my Misti has already paid for itself. Love it!!!

RiverIsis 09-02-2014 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by love2stamp28 (Post 20741248)

Just wanted to clarify that I find this post very "attacking" - I haven't told anyone anything. All the information I have relayed has been from the videos as presented by the inventor. I have watched them all. If there is any issue with the information then I would suggest that be taken up with the source, the inventor.

I take ownership for my opinion that a tool should work out of the box, even if that means magnets/acetate grid sheet.

lovetostamp3 09-02-2014 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsis (Post 20741455)
Just wanted to clarify that I find this post very "attacking" - I haven't told anyone anything. All the information I have relayed has been from the videos as presented by the inventor. I have watched them all. If there is any issue with the information then I would suggest that be taken up with the source, the inventor.

I take ownership for my opinion that a tool should work out of the box, even if that means magnets/acetate grid sheet.

Kristen, I apologize if anything I said felt attacking, because that certainly was not my intention, and would not want to discount anyone's opinion or hurt anyone's feelings. My comments were solely meant to clarify - based on my personal use of the product - how someone could use it without anything.

Like others, I was responding to your comments at the top of this page, and forgive me, because I don't know any other way to insert them other than by copy and paste.....

My experience was I didn't need some of those, however, since everyone is different, in some of Iliana's (the inventor's) videos, she shows some things you can use. In the first video, it was pretty simple and basic though, with no grid paper, and not sure she used magnets either, but it pretty much just showed off the Misti, which sold me!!! :)

Again, I was responding to clarify, definitely not to call out anyone, so I hope you are not offended, because I'm sure the others who responded felt like they too wanted everyone to know how easy this product is to use without any extra items. If you use unmounted stamps and want a clean image, this is a dream come true. You can place the stamp anywhere on the card stock - no need for the clear plastic sheet- just put it where you want it to go, close the lid, reopen the lid, the stamp is now on the lid, ink it, and you are in business!!!! You can stamp 1 or 20 cards and it will stamp in the same spot!!! It's fantastic!!!! For once I'm excited about my Christmas cards!!!!!

RiverIsis 09-02-2014 07:26 PM

Definitely looks like a great product. Been doing this too long to be a beta tester at my own expense anymore (yup, still smarting over the Scorpal with the half inch grooves! :lol: ).

Love new products that look useful and this is definitely one of them.

Annecards 09-02-2014 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsis (Post 20741630)
Definitely looks like a great product. Been doing this too long to be a beta tester at my own expense anymore (yup, still smarting over the Scorpal with the half inch grooves! :lol: ).

Love new products that look useful and this is definitely one of them.

Kristen, I think you would absolutely love the Misti. I don't often rave about a product, but this one is incredible. I was ready to get rid of the lower quality clear stamps until I dug them out today, a whole big box of them. These were bought before companies started making them out of a high quality polymer. I'll have to say the magnets work great, and definitely worth buying. You don't really need grid paper, but need paper to protect any stamping done off the edge of your project. Grid paper is definitely helpful for repeating backgrounds. I did buy some at Target 100 sheets for 1.50. I had to cut it to size, and I ended up ordering Iliana's grid paper. One sheet can be used over and over, so it ends up being pretty economical in the long run, and it's precut and a little more substantial. I line up my rubber stamps using the grid on the cover that the stamps stick to, no SAMJ or acetate grid sheet. I do test on the paper to make sure it's in position correctly for two step rubber stamp images only. You don't need to do this for single step rubber or clear polymer stamps. Hope I'm making sense :lol:

YorkieMoma 09-04-2014 06:39 AM

I know she's out plus she is on vacation...........can I still place an order for when she gets back and gets more made............if so, how do I go about this?

Annecards 09-04-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkieMoma (Post 20742763)
I know she's out plus she is on vacation...........can I still place an order for when she gets back and gets more made............if so, how do I go about this?

Iliana doesn't take preorders, makes it hard to order unless you keep checking and order promptly when she has stock ready. I kept missing out, couldn't get my order in fast enough, and finally got one after the 3rd attempt! She does take email requests for International orders, but I think they have to email when she has stock posted. Get on her mailing list, and start checking her FB page and Blog/Store on the 11 th of September. If I see she has stock I'll post it promptly here. Wish I could be of more help.

grateful2bsaved 09-04-2014 02:29 PM

I keeping missing them every time! I think the time difference hurts me. By the time I see my notifications those puppies are long gone. I just have to keep reminding myself it's not like I make a ton of cards anyway. I'll get one eventually.

Saphyre333 09-08-2014 10:17 PM

I have been trying to get one, but every time I go to the site, it says sold out. I can't check it hourly.
It seems as soon as they have 10 or 35 in stock, they are immediately sold.
I do not see where they have pre-orders available.
I am going to pass this link onto Stampin Up's Sandbox. Maybe SU and My Sweet Petunia could do a deal like they did with Karen Burniston. I am pretty sure SU could get them made faster and My Sweet Petunia would be sitting in the tall cotton themselves as well!

stamphappy1650 09-09-2014 05:03 AM

The latest on her FB page:
"I found out my father passed away last night. We are flying home tomorrow to get passports and then leaving for the funeral. I won't be home until Saturday. Sorry stampers no MISTIs until I get back. Please pray for traveling mercies and grace to make it thru this time."

So sad for her & her family and all of you waiting for a MISTI.

RiverIsis 09-09-2014 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650 (Post 20747050)
The latest on her FB page:
"I found out my father passed away last night. We are flying home tomorrow to get passports and then leaving for the funeral. I won't be home until Saturday. Sorry stampers no MISTIs until I get back. Please pray for traveling mercies and grace to make it thru this time."

So sad for her & her family and all of you waiting for a MISTI.

:( Oh no. I think we can all understand that her family is her priority at the moment. I hope they have an uneventful journey.

sprtchick 09-11-2014 09:10 PM

Oh no..bless her heart...I am trying to get one of these too. I think they woukd make awesome Christmas presents for my sisters and stamping friends.
Blessings.