In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-09-2015, 03:06 PM   #1361  
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central PA
Posts: 54,286
Received 62 Likes on 39 Posts
Default

I just did something I don't remember seeing addressed yet. First I unmounted my upsy daisy stamp. It came off the block perfectly still on the foam. But I decided I wanted to stamp the image twice on a longer piece of card stock so I turned the Misti sideways and was able to use my stamp on the longer image! Yay!
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2015, 06:52 PM   #1362  
Hardware Hotshot
 
ceramicat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,048
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I just did something I don't remember seeing addressed yet. First I unmounted my upsy daisy stamp. It came off the block perfectly still on the foam. But I decided I wanted to stamp the image twice on a longer piece of card stock so I turned the Misti sideways and was able to use my stamp on the longer image! Yay!
I use mine horizontally most of the time. The left and right-handed thing never made sense to me anyway.
__________________
Denise

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.
― Spider Robinson
ceramicat1 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2015, 07:23 PM   #1363  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
UnderstandBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 40,051
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I just did something I don't remember seeing addressed yet. First I unmounted my upsy daisy stamp. It came off the block perfectly still on the foam. But I decided I wanted to stamp the image twice on a longer piece of card stock so I turned the Misti sideways and was able to use my stamp on the longer image! Yay!
I love having it in that orientation - I'm not as smart as ceramicat or you - I didn't think of it - I had to be told. It seems so much better for stamping across a card.

I have to say thanks here - not only did I make two card sets in half an hour before our Mother's Day dinner but my SIL took one look and said - I'd love to know how you got these so perfectly lined up!!

Winning!!


UnderstandBlue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-10-2015, 07:45 PM   #1364  
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central PA
Posts: 54,286
Received 62 Likes on 39 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceramicat1View Post
I use mine horizontally most of the time. The left and right-handed thing never made sense to me anyway.
Yes. I thought to myself that if I were left handed, I would just turn it around with the hinges on the left. I wouldn't remove the ruler. I used it horizontally again tonight because I could open a full size a2 card and still stamp wherever I want! Still in the playing stages here...
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2015, 03:47 AM   #1365  
Pearl-ExPert
 
lharnish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sambro, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,362
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I've been using it in the landscape position as well, mostly due to me having more room for the lid to open towards the back of my desk versus side to side.
__________________
Leslie Harnish
Sambro, Nova Scotia
Canada
lharnish is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2015, 05:13 AM   #1366  
Crimping Master
 
annie*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,184
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainokView Post
Here is a link that was posted previously in this thread:

Self Adhesive Tape Measure | eBay
Thank you! I don't know how I missed that.
annie* is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-11-2015, 09:37 AM   #1367  
Hardware Hotshot
 
ceramicat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,048
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by lharnishView Post
I've been using it in the landscape position as well, mostly due to me having more room for the lid to open towards the back of my desk versus side to side.
I think that's the reason I started using it that way. It keeps the lid out of the way of everything else on my table
__________________
Denise

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.
― Spider Robinson
ceramicat1 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2015, 08:44 AM   #1368  
Crimping Master
 
annie*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,184
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My SAD day came today!!!

I've just been working on a few graduation cards. I noticed my MISTI lid has 3 hairline cracks in it. I purchased mine one week before the warranty was added to the MISTI. I have made a set of 3 cards and a handful of individual cards. When I read all of the problems people were having I decided to be EXTREMELY careful with my tool. My DH originally said to me.... "oh you won't have any problems because you are so careful with your stuff." It is true that repair people have fixed some of my appliances and had to see the original receipt because they couldn't believe that our appliances weren't years newer.

I have had a piece of thick foam core under the lid as I inked my stamps. I have pressed as lightly as possible when stamping and inking. I have kept it out of sunlight and heat. I have a vinyl sheet on both the front and back of the cover. I have only used plain water when cleaning my MISTI. I have no pets, children, or anyone else that has been in the room or near the MISTI. Nothing has been set on the lid at any time it was in my possession. I have not taken it with me to classes, or even another room, for the matter. The tool and lid have never been dropped or let fall open. I have treated this tool like it was it was made of the most fragile material invented, yet the cracks are there.

For those of you who had your lids break, how long was it from the time you saw the cracks until your lid broke? Does anyone have any ideas of something I could still do to prevent the lid from breaking?

I really could cry!!
annie* is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2015, 08:59 AM   #1369  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
UnderstandBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 40,051
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
I've just been working on a few graduation cards. I noticed my MISTI lid has 3 hairline cracks in it. I purchased mine one week before the warranty was added to the MISTI. I have made a set of 3 cards and a handful of individual cards. When I read all of the problems people were having I decided to be EXTREMELY careful with my tool. My DH originally said to me.... "oh you won't have any problems because you are so careful with your stuff." It is true that repair people have fixed some of my appliances and had to see the original receipt because they couldn't believe that our appliances weren't years newer.

I have had a piece of thick foam core under the lid as I inked my stamps. I have pressed as lightly as possible when stamping and inking. I have kept it out of sunlight and heat. I have a vinyl sheet on both the front and back of the cover. I have only used plain water when cleaning my MISTI. I have no pets, children, or anyone else that has been in the room or near the MISTI. Nothing has been set on the lid at any time it was in my possession. I have not taken it with me to classes, or even another room, for the matter. The tool and lid have never been dropped or let fall open. I have treated this tool like it was it was made of the most fragile material invented, yet the cracks are there.

For those of you who had your lids break, how long was it from the time you saw the cracks until your lid broke? Does anyone have any ideas of something I could still do to prevent the lid from breaking?

I really could cry!!
Don't cry Email her through the site. There was a manufacturing defect that caused those hairline cracks - if you send her a photo she'll know right away if it's one of the defective ones - it's very easy to spot.
__________________
I'm Lydia.

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

UnderstandBlue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2015, 09:46 AM   #1370  
Rubber Obsessor
 
7thSister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 198
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I received my MISTI right before Christmas - so not in the warranty period. I didn't use it until about a month after receiving it. I didn't baby it quite as much as you did, but have used caution - the only difference is I did not use the thick foam under the lid. I have crazing and cracks all the way through (about 4 around the perimeter of the MISTI) at the edges. Iliana told me to keep using it and don't worry about it - but I'm afraid the lid will break all the way. I have unmounted most of my Stampin' Up stamps in anticipation of using the MISTI to index full sheets of stamps but now I'm afraid to use it for that. I'd be anxious to know if anyone has a fix for the cracks.
7thSister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2015, 11:37 AM   #1371  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
UnderstandBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 40,051
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7thSisterView Post
I received my MISTI right before Christmas - so not in the warranty period. I didn't use it until about a month after receiving it. I didn't baby it quite as much as you did, but have used caution - the only difference is I did not use the thick foam under the lid. I have crazing and cracks all the way through (about 4 around the perimeter of the MISTI) at the edges. Iliana told me to keep using it and don't worry about it - but I'm afraid the lid will break all the way. I have unmounted most of my Stampin' Up stamps in anticipation of using the MISTI to index full sheets of stamps but now I'm afraid to use it for that. I'd be anxious to know if anyone has a fix for the cracks.
Take pictures and contact her. The defect is easy to spot in a photo.
__________________
I'm Lydia.

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

UnderstandBlue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2015, 12:57 PM   #1372  
Rubber Obsessor
 
7thSister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 198
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I did send pictures to Iliana after receiving a pm from her. My MISTI was defective and a new MISTI is on its way. What wonderful service - I am thrilled because I consider my MISTI my most valuable stamping tool. That's saying something - I've been stamping since 2004. It's right up there with my paper trimmer.
7thSister is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-12-2015, 02:28 PM   #1373  
Matboard Maniac
 
loyce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 275
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

7th Sister, I've had the same experience. Ditto to everything you said about Iliana and MISTI! I've been stamping since 2000.
__________________
LOYCE IN GEORGIA
loyce is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-13-2015, 05:21 AM   #1374  
Crimping Master
 
annie*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,184
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7thSisterView Post
I did send pictures to Iliana after receiving a pm from her. My MISTI was defective and a new MISTI is on its way. What wonderful service - I am thrilled because I consider my MISTI my most valuable stamping tool. That's saying something - I've been stamping since 2004. It's right up there with my paper trimmer.
I found out this morning that she is replacing mine, too! I am SO excited!!!
annie* is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2015, 08:39 AM   #1375  
Pearl-ExPert
 
lharnish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sambro, Nova Scotia
Posts: 2,362
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Replacement tapes are being sent to me as well. I only hope I can get them on properly
__________________
Leslie Harnish
Sambro, Nova Scotia
Canada
lharnish is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2015, 10:08 AM   #1376  
Insane Embellisher
 
Buried Treasures's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 792
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
I was surprised to read here that the tape wasn't accurate. I measured mine and my ruler is not correct either. So far I haven't used it to measure but I can see where I might want accurate measurements down the road. Luckily I did not have to deal with any overhang. Does anyone know of a product that would be a sticky back ruler tape? I am sure there is something out there and I think it would be nice to actually have correct measurements.
Mine is on its way, but I don't understand the purpose of even having the ruler on there. Don't you just position the stamp where you want it? What would you need to measure?
__________________
Debbie
"Make it work, people." - Tim Gunn
My Gallery
Buried Treasures is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2015, 10:40 AM   #1377  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
UnderstandBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 40,051
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
You can stamp, say, a border and then move the card up 1" (or whatever) using the ruler guide and stamp again to get a background from the border stamp. I'm pretty sure I sucked at explaining that.
LOL! NO you didn't.


I guess that makes sense - but I've never used it that way - a measurement isn't nearly as useful as just lining up with a tickmark or using the positioning sheet. I just can't picture how actual measurements would be used if you're not cutting / folding.
__________________
I'm Lydia.

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

UnderstandBlue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2015, 01:49 PM   #1378  
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central PA
Posts: 54,286
Received 62 Likes on 39 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
You can stamp, say, a border and then move the card up 1" (or whatever) using the ruler guide and stamp again to get a background from the border stamp. I'm pretty sure I sucked at explaining that.
You made me giggle! Your explanation made perfect sense.
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-14-2015, 02:56 PM   #1379  
Proud Fan Club Member
 
Annecards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: IL
Posts: 1,300
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
You can stamp, say, a border and then move the card up 1" (or whatever) using the ruler guide and stamp again to get a background from the border stamp. I'm pretty sure I sucked at explaining that.
No way, your instructions were perfect. Loved your post, LMAO!!!
__________________
Electronic and Craft Junkie
Proud Fan Club Member
My Blog
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Annecards is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2015, 11:40 AM   #1380  
Proud Fan Club Member
 
shirlb19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Langley, B.C. Canada
Posts: 23,858
Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts
Default

I was using my Misti last night and with my polymer stamps, they are so sticky that they pull the paper up. In my opinion one really does need the magnets, but I think I should have got more than just the two. Is anyone else noticing this pulling up of the cardstock and what is your remedy?

Thanks,
Shirl
shirlb19 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2015, 11:45 AM   #1381  
Kookie Creator
 
felixdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Port Townsend, WA
Posts: 441
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

The magnets help but you can use Washi Tape too. If you put your card in the corner and the paper comes up you can just place it back where it was and shouldn't be a problem.
Karen
__________________
Karen
felixdog is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2015, 12:17 PM   #1382  
Polyshrink Goddess
 
tweedcurtain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 529
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I place a piece of clear acetate or transparency over my card stock when using clear stamps. It sticks to the stamp when I lift the lid and then I just peel it off and ink up my stamp. Even with magnets I find some stamps lift up or disturb the paper do this has become my habit.
__________________
Charmaine, A Fan Club Member!
Tweedcurtain Productions
tweedcurtain is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-17-2015, 04:47 PM   #1383  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
UnderstandBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 40,051
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
I was using my Misti last night and with my polymer stamps, they are so sticky that they pull the paper up. In my opinion one really does need the magnets, but I think I should have got more than just the two. Is anyone else noticing this pulling up of the cardstock and what is your remedy?

Thanks,
Shirl
Photopolymer will pull - I do use multiple magnets but tape would work fine - or if you're working with your card in the corner - you really don't need either. I do talk about conditioning your stamps in a video I just did today:


<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9L6kzt-yOAY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
__________________
I'm Lydia.

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

UnderstandBlue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2015, 04:47 AM   #1384  
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central PA
Posts: 54,286
Received 62 Likes on 39 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpelhamView Post
Lydia, why not include the "you" with the "THANK"?
Different thickness?
Maybe because she had to over stamp on some of the cards and didn't want to do that with the fine lined "you". Good question.

Does anyone know of videos that will help me with placement of rubber foam backed stamps where I can't see the image through the stamp?
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2015, 06:22 AM   #1385  
Polyshrink Goddess
 
tweedcurtain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 529
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Does anyone know of videos that will help me with placement of rubber foam backed stamps where I can't see the image through the stamp?
See Lydia's video here: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...883-post6
__________________
Charmaine, A Fan Club Member!
Tweedcurtain Productions
tweedcurtain is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2015, 10:08 AM   #1386  
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Paula O.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: South Elgin, IL
Posts: 675
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I ordered a MISTI yesterday. I never thought I would want one, but played with my demo's and loved it. Can't wait to get it!
Paula O. is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2015, 11:29 AM   #1387  
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central PA
Posts: 54,286
Received 62 Likes on 39 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by tweedcurtainView Post
I watched most of those and don't remember one spe ifically on placement of rubber stamps, but maybe I missed one. I'll go check again.
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2015, 11:44 AM   #1388  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
UnderstandBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 40,051
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I watched most of those and don't remember one spe ifically on placement of rubber stamps, but maybe I missed one. I'll go check again.
It's that one that she linked you to - really helpful.
__________________
I'm Lydia.

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

UnderstandBlue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2015, 11:44 AM   #1389  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
UnderstandBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 40,051
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula O.View Post
I ordered a MISTI yesterday. I never thought I would want one, but played with my demo's and loved it. Can't wait to get it!


I was not a believer until I got to borrow one too. You will love it!
__________________
I'm Lydia.

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

UnderstandBlue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2015, 01:25 PM   #1390  
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central PA
Posts: 54,286
Received 62 Likes on 39 Posts
Default

Somehow I missed the link. Yes that video was very helpful. I watched it before I got MISTI so I went back and watched again! I think I have quilters grid sheet around here somewhere!
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2015, 01:58 PM   #1391  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
UnderstandBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 40,051
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Somehow I missed the link. Yes that video was very helpful. I watched it before I got MISTI so I went back and watched again! I think I have quilters grid sheet around here somewhere!
if not - cut down a transparency or even packaging. If you have a transparency and a printer, you can even print a grid onto it from this awesome website.


Graph Paper
__________________
I'm Lydia.

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

UnderstandBlue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-18-2015, 02:08 PM   #1392  
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central PA
Posts: 54,286
Received 62 Likes on 39 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
if not - cut down a transparency or even packaging. If you have a transparency and a printer, you can even print a grid onto it from this awesome website.


Graph Paper
Thanks for that link!
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2015, 07:13 AM   #1393  
Crimping Master
 
crazysuziestamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,365
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

My Sweet Petunia has a 10% discount on MISTI, May 25th only.
crazysuziestamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2015, 07:22 AM   #1394  
Cardstock Collector
 
1Oldhen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 8
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Bought it and love it. Especially for being able to re stamp if something does not come out right the first time!

Last edited by 1Oldhen; 05-25-2015 at 07:22 AM.. Reason: misspelled word
1Oldhen is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2015, 12:32 PM   #1395  
Cardstock Collector
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 4
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acrylic Stamps feel sticky from condensation/humidity

Help -- my acrylic stamps feel sticky like the heat and humidity in this area is effecting them. They feel sticky and just plain stick to the cardstock even though I have the magnets on the card during stamping. what can I do to combat the sticky feeling from humidity - stick the stamps in the freezer for a minute or so!? And it's all my acrylic stamps, including Close to My Heart which I thought of as high quality stamp material. Frustrating. Only stamps not effected, is the rubber backed stamps and I love them.

Thank you.
echaney48 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2015, 01:04 PM   #1396  
Die Cut Diva
 
Barbara Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 4,174
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by echaney48View Post
Help -- my acrylic stamps feel sticky like the heat and humidity in this area is effecting them. They feel sticky and just plain stick to the cardstock even though I have the magnets on the card during stamping. what can I do to combat the sticky feeling from humidity - stick the stamps in the freezer for a minute or so!? And it's all my acrylic stamps, including Close to My Heart which I thought of as high quality stamp material. Frustrating. Only stamps not effected, is the rubber backed stamps and I love them.

Thank you.
Are your clear stamps stored on the original acetate sheets? If so that may be the problem . There is along thread in the Mission: Organization section that discussed this problem of clear stamps getting sticky and spongy and what to use to safely store them . Some clear stamps actually laminate themselves onto their original storage sheets and are difficult or impossible to remove to use

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...e-t590238.html

Hope this helps
__________________
"I have not failed . I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work" --Thomas A. Edison
Barbara Jay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-04-2015, 01:27 PM   #1397  
Forum Fanatic
 
stamphappy1650's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Folsom, CA
Posts: 9,538
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by echaney48View Post
Help -- my acrylic stamps feel sticky like the heat and humidity in this area is effecting them. They feel sticky and just plain stick to the cardstock even though I have the magnets on the card during stamping. what can I do to combat the sticky feeling from humidity - stick the stamps in the freezer for a minute or so!? And it's all my acrylic stamps, including Close to My Heart which I thought of as high quality stamp material. Frustrating. Only stamps not effected, is the rubber backed stamps and I love them.

Thank you.
In addition to the storage issue, I've noticed that several of my new better quality stamps are very, very sticky. It does go away after some use. In the threads listed above there are several options on how to fix the problem.
__________________
My Gallery
stamphappy1650 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2015, 10:07 AM   #1398  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
 
CuttersCallous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,507
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I was just about to (finally) purchase a MISTI, but I thought I should check here to see if there are any "must have" accessories to have/use with it. Thanks!
__________________
Rose Ann
Paper Delightz

CuttersCallous is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2015, 01:50 PM   #1399  
Cardstock Collector
 
RBlisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misti stamping great fun with the grands

So I enjoy using my Misti so much that I brought it with me on my vacation. My 2 1/2 year old granddaughter was thrilled with being able to place the stamps and close it up (I did the inking), and then have a card that "She made all by herself", and the results were wonderful! We had a ball, everyone stayed clean, We mailed the card that we made to her home in England so it will be there when she gets back. It is so easy to get great results with this tool...
RBlisa is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-14-2015, 02:07 PM   #1400  
Glitter Queen
 
Kat123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: MN
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Im sorry others are having cracks in their MISTI. I was one of the first to post about cracks and a lot of people on SCS were very mean and accused me of being crazy or pounding my MISTI with a hammer. I feel a bit vindicated now that so many others have seen the same issue. I posted pics of mine in February and it was never replaced. I purchased it prior to the warranty being put in place. I still use it once and a while. I taped it with guerilla tape.
I still think it is a very cool invention.
Kat123 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off