Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-06-2015, 01:20 PM   #1321  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 62 Likes on 39 Posts

Ooooooh.....mine could be here this week yet then! Does it come through post office or UPS? I want to start stalking!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2015, 02:39 PM   #1322  
Inking Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine came with my mail - not UPS.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2015, 02:41 PM   #1323  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaxsixView Post
I'm impatiently awaiting my family giving me my birthday present as I saw the return address on the box before they hid it......can't wait to try out my MISTI! Guess I dropped enough hints!
what are you 6? too funny~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2015, 02:56 PM   #1324  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Ooooooh.....mine could be here this week yet then! Does it come through post office or UPS? I want to start stalking!
They are shipped through USPS in their priority boxes. So, say it shipped today you should have it on Friday. It's coming from Illinois
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2015, 02:59 PM   #1325  
Proud Fan Club Member

And if it shipped yesterday I could have it tomorrow! Yippee! I think it was ordered the morning of the 4th. A friend got it for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2015, 04:29 PM   #1326  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormlady66View Post
Last weekend I read this entire thread. On Sunday, May 3 I ordered the MISTI. The following day I received a notice that mine would ship in five days. I kept watching for the shipping notice. Today, May 6, I walked out to get my mail and there on my front porch was my MISTI. I know my mouth must have dropped open! What a great surprise! Ordered Sunday, received on Wednesday. Can't wait to use it!
I think you should start misting yourself with water so it looks like you have a fever, and acting achy and fatigued. You need to have a good cover story for a long period of non-productive (in the traditional sense) time, and SUPER productive crafty time

I'm not saying I've done this or anything ....

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2015, 04:33 PM   #1327  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thanks for this info Lydia. I'll start looking tired and run down tonight so if mine comes tomorrow I will be ready!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-06-2015, 04:55 PM   #1328  
Pearl-ExPert

Lydia-

Will try putting vinyl on the inside of the cover. I have one of the early ones made by Iliana so no need for vinyl on the outside of the cover. This would help when I get ink on the inside and if I use Stazon ink.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2015, 07:43 AM   #1329  
Pearl-ExPert

I have my MISTI in hand after it toured the USA in a tractor trailer LOL! I know I'm going to love it but I have to say I'm a little disappointed in some minor cosmetic/quality issues with it. For a $50 tool I think it should be assembled with a little more accuracy and some quality control inspections done before they leave the assembly area to prevent these errors from happening. The ruler tape was applied crooked on one of the sides and they must have been stretched a bit when they were applied because when I hold a ruler to it several of the inches are actually 1 and 1/8 inches to almost 1 and 1/4 inches long versus being an actual inch. The tapes are also wider than the strip of acrylic they sit on creating a lip the paper can get caught on. I'm not sure why the tapes would be wider than the acrylic. If I were to try and trim that edge off, I'll lose the black line along the edge and it will look even less professional. When I hold my t-square ruler across the side the rulers on the left and right side are not matching up with each other. While they're a pretty pink, they can't be accurately used as a guide for lining anything up because of their inaccuracy. Maybe a washi tape of some sort with pretty designs might have been a better option than a ruler you can't accurately measure by.

All that being said, once I play with the templates and stuff, I can ignore the inaccurate rulers and might even just remove them altogether. Hopefully these little flaws will be fixed as time goes on because it is a great product that could look a tad more professional if the rulers were accurate and they actually fit the ledge they sit on.

That's my two cents worth. Happy stamping
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2015, 08:24 AM   #1330  
Crimping Master

lharnish, I would do two things. Email Iliana and let her know about the problem. In all the posts I've seen about MISTI this is the first I've seen about the rulers. Iliana also did a video to show how to make MISTI left handed which requires removing the rulers. She says in the video they do stretch but will go back to original size. Maybe if you do this it will correct the problem. She has a video library here on SCS just click on her Icon on the home page under Platinum Partners. HTH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2015, 09:53 AM   #1331  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazysuziestamperView Post
lharnish, I would do two things. Email Iliana and let her know about the problem. In all the posts I've seen about MISTI this is the first I've seen about the rulers. Iliana also did a video to show how to make MISTI left handed which requires removing the rulers. She says in the video they do stretch but will go back to original size. Maybe if you do this it will correct the problem. She has a video library here on SCS just click on her Icon on the home page under Platinum Partners. HTH
I think I'm going to send a message after I play with it some this evening. I wasn't going to but I've read in another area of this great big internet (not on SCS) about similar issues with the rulers, and even some that must have been misprinted and missing some of the tick marks for 1/8th. From waht I read, that customer was told that these were within the allowable variances. I didn't know an inch could have a variance or be missing tick marks for the increments that are there on some inches on the tape but not others. This customer also advised she was also denied a request for replacement rulers so she could fix it herself.

All in all, it's not crucial to the use of the tool, and it's more cosmetic than anything but it could be even more useful if they were actually accurate. I'm sure its all just little learning bumps in the road as the product becomes more refined. I would have still purchased it even knowing the rulers were faulty. There doesn't appear to be any cracking or loose or squeaky hinges I've seen referenced so I know the assembly technique is being refined as time goes on.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2015, 10:11 AM   #1332  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by lharnishView Post
I think I'm going to send a message after I play with it some this evening. I wasn't going to but I've read in another area of this great big internet (not on SCS) about similar issues with the rulers, and even some that must have been misprinted and missing some of the tick marks for 1/8th. From waht I read, that customer was told that these were within the allowable variances. I didn't know an inch could have a variance or be missing tick marks for the increments that are there on some inches on the tape but not others. This customer also advised she was also denied a request for replacement rulers so she could fix it herself.

All in all, it's not crucial to the use of the tool, and it's more cosmetic than anything but it could be even more useful if they were actually accurate. I'm sure its all just little learning bumps in the road as the product becomes more refined. I would have still purchased it even knowing the rulers were faulty. There doesn't appear to be any cracking or loose or squeaky hinges I've seen referenced so I know the assembly technique is being refined as time goes on.
I had the same problems with mine.. I posted a picture in her Facebook group prior to it moving here, and I was immediately banned for complaining.. Im not having any luck obtaining a correct ruler elsewhere, so am debating returning it and filing for a chargeback because of her handling of it. Pity. The concept is awesome.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2015, 10:29 AM   #1333  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindy HorvathView Post
I had the same problems with mine.. I posted a picture in her Facebook group prior to it moving here, and I was immediately banned for complaining.. Im not having any luck obtaining a correct ruler elsewhere, so am debating returning it and filing for a chargeback because of her handling of it. Pity. The concept is awesome.
Some are ordering this for fixing it themselves from the UK. Works out to be about $3 CDN so a little less than that if you're in the USA.

Self Adhesive Tape Measure | eBay
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2015, 10:37 AM   #1334  
Inking Addict

After reading about Iliana and the pride she takes in the quality of the MISTI I would think she'd want to know about the problem with the ruler. She may have a production problem that she's not aware of but certainly would want to know about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2015, 10:42 AM   #1335  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

Quote:

Originally Posted by BohodivaView Post
I have had success with antibacterial gel for the hands. I apply a bit to a baby wipe and clean my acrylic blocks. For my cling clear stamps, I use baby wash mixed with a touch of glycerin in a spray bottle and good ole baby wipes.
Antibacterial gel has alcohol, which damages acrylic blocks.

I don't use baby wipes as I do just fine with a mix of water and simple green, my stamp scrubby and paper towels.

Also make sure your baby wipes are alchol free, not all are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2015, 02:50 PM   #1336  
Inking Addict

The ruler issue is actually keeping me from ordering one at this point. I'm very ocd about things being straight and accurate and that would just drive me crazy to the point of distraction. It's really too bad because I really want one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2015, 05:07 PM   #1337  
Cardstock Collector

Heart MISTI Magic

Hi, I just got my Misti and love it! I was doing some detailed stamping decorating paper cuts. This tool helps with perfect placement, and if the ink doesnt cover well on the first try, just re-ink the stamp and you can add more without worrying about double imaging because everything stays aligned until you move it. I bought the little magnets which work amazingly well to hold things in place. I figure that the tool will eventually pay for itself by eliminating costly mistakes. This will become one of the most used tools in my workroom for sure.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-07-2015, 05:40 PM   #1338  
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm enjoying all the comments as I wait for mine to arrive!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2015, 01:23 AM   #1339  
Compulsive Stamper

Smile

I have received mine and the vinyl is on, ready to be used for the first time, and I am excited to own one, however, I also was disappointed that the rulers are not accurate and one of them is a tiny bit crooked. I like my tools to be perfect and it would be nice if it had the accuracy of, say, a fiskars cutting tool. I will learn to ignore the imperfections as I know this tool is not really a measuring tool but a stamping one, and it hopefully will fulfill its purpose for me. If one day they come up with one that doesn't have the grid stenciled on and with accurate measuring tapes, I'll buy it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2015, 03:15 AM   #1340  
Pearl-ExPert

Life got in the way last evening so I didn't get a chance to play. I know how to spice up a Friday night so it will be a rocking good time in my craft room this evening with MISTI and a glass or two of wine
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2015, 04:20 AM   #1341  
Die Cut Diva

The saga of the MISTI defects is getting like the story "The Emperor's New Clothes"

Most people flattered him saying his new clothes were beautiful ( he was naked) and the couple of brave souls who said "Hold it , he has no clothes on" are made to feel like they were imagining things or totally out of line.

Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2015, 05:44 AM   #1342  
Pearl-ExPert

When I first saw the MISTI, I wanted one and planned on ordering, but there was a long wait for them and I decided to stick to my resolution to not buy a new tool until it had been in use by people for at least 6 months so that I could see if people were still happy with it after that length of time, or if it had been relegated to the "wish I hadn't spent money on this" pile. When a new, shiny toy comes out, everyone wants it, but the real test is if they still need it after the next new shiny toy comes out. (I learned my lesson with the Fastenator stapler!)

This still looks like a great tool, but I've decided that I won't be getting one until the kinks are worked out. I'm sorry, but a ruler that doesn't measure actual inches and plexiglass that cracks with use are not small glitches in my mind. And it kind of bothers me that when someone complains about the problems, they are shouted down or banned. If 90% of the tools are perfect and 10% have issues, the 90% shouldn't be insisting that the 10% are wrong somehow. Also, if I am spending $50 for a tool, I shouldn't need to spend even another $3 to get an accurate ruler to replace the inaccurate one on the tool. $50 isn't chump change - for that money, I expect to get a tool that has no defects and can be used for its intended purpose.

I should add - I think this is a great tool, and I give credit to the inventor for coming up with the idea and successfully bringing it to market. I just feel that for the money, there shouldn't be these glitches.

Last edited by cbet; 05-08-2015 at 05:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2015, 07:12 AM   #1343  
Pearl-ExPert

The 'stop complaining' response doesn't sound like Iliana. I have emailed her several questions and her responses were quick and polite, never derogatory or statedin a brusque manner.

Iliana now has contracted out the actual construction of the MISTI. Maybe, there needs to be some closer supervision.

I have had mine since last September and must say I am very glad I bought one. It is one of the better crafting investments I have made. I treat her like 'one of the family' so she is loved and cared for by me.

Hope everyone who is having problems gets them resolved.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2015, 09:51 AM   #1344  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
The Novus cleaner that is recommended (and sold to use with it) also has alcohol. It's isopropryl alochol-maybe that type is okay? Now I'm not sure I should use the cleaner...

https://www.novuspolish.com/pdf/Plas...RevMay2013.pdf
Me neither. Maybe when Illiana gets a spare moment, so can address this issue?

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2015, 09:58 AM   #1345  
Proud Fan Club Member

Mine came today!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2015, 09:58 AM   #1346  

It's probably the concentration. My rubbing alcohol is 91%. That's a pretty big difference from half a percent.

Novus is designed specifically for acrylic - I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Oh look - they polish sneeze guards with it - eww! https://www.novuspolish.com/uses

Love Splitcoast?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2015, 09:59 AM   #1347  

Quote:

Mine came today!!!!

WAHOO!

Now you will be paralyzed trying to figure out what to try first

Love Splitcoast?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2015, 10:00 AM   #1348  
Proud Fan Club Member

I'm surprised you didn't hear the squeals of joy Way Out West there. I was literally shaking as I opened the box. Haven't been this excited in ages!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2015, 10:01 AM   #1349  

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
Me neither. Maybe when Illiana gets a spare moment, so can address this issue?

Shirl

I'd contact her directly through the website. She has a post about that here - this isn't really where it's practical to do customer service: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...896-post1

Love Splitcoast?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2015, 10:01 AM   #1350  
Proud Fan Club Member

is the sheet of vinyl just for protection of the cover?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2015, 10:02 AM   #1351  

Quote:

I'm surprised you didn't hear the squeals of joy Way Out West there. I was literally shaking as I opened the box. Haven't been this excited in ages!

I just heard on the news that it registered on the Richter scale

Love Splitcoast?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2015, 10:03 AM   #1352  

Quote:

is the sheet of vinyl just for protection of the cover?

Yep - I think there are some good videos in her forum on how to apply it - Taheera has one with a good explanation of how to go back and forth without getting bubbles. (Which I did not watch first of course )

Love Splitcoast?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2015, 10:05 AM   #1353  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
I just heard on the news that it registered on the Richter scale
Probably a 7.8 at least!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2015, 02:47 PM   #1354  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts

So that's one of the recent quakes, huh!? There've been quite a few in the last 2 weeks.
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2015, 03:41 PM   #1355  
Proud Fan Club Member

And here's my first try....

my first MISTI card by muscrat - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2015, 10:24 AM   #1356  
Pearl-ExPert

I've had a play with my MISTI and I'm liking it for the most part. I've discovered that with the tapes being too wide, that is more of a problem and not just a cosmetic issue. If I put paper square in the corners, it it is getting caught under the sticky that is exposed on the underside of the tape. It also doesn't allow for a large background stamp to be used directly in any of the corners because the excess tape won't allow it to sit directly in the corner. I was just going to leave it because not great when using utility knives but it was causing issues. My husband trimmed it off as best he could and it has also affected the smaller tick marks on the ruler grid with some of the tape now missing. I've sent my input to Iliana and requested replacement tapes that fit the ledge properly and actually measure an actual inch. I haven't heard back yet as I only sent my message last evening but I hope she stands behind her product and sends the replacement tapes. I've attached four pictures showing the problems from the overlap of the tape and the variance in the measurements from one side to the other.
Attached Thumbnails
MISTI most incredible stamp tool invented-img_3484.jpg   MISTI most incredible stamp tool invented-img_3483.jpg   MISTI most incredible stamp tool invented-img_3487.jpg   MISTI most incredible stamp tool invented-img_3488.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2015, 10:32 AM   #1357  
Crimping Master

I was surprised to read here that the tape wasn't accurate. I measured mine and my ruler is not correct either. So far I haven't used it to measure but I can see where I might want accurate measurements down the road. Luckily I did not have to deal with any overhang. Does anyone know of a product that would be a sticky back ruler tape? I am sure there is something out there and I think it would be nice to actually have correct measurements.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2015, 11:03 AM   #1358  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
I was surprised to read here that the tape wasn't accurate. I measured mine and my ruler is not correct either. So far I haven't used it to measure but I can see where I might want accurate measurements down the road. Luckily I did not have to deal with any overhang. Does anyone know of a product that would be a sticky back ruler tape? I am sure there is something out there and I think it would be nice to actually have correct measurements.
Here is a link that was posted previously in this thread:

Self Adhesive Tape Measure | eBay

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2015, 11:50 AM   #1359  
Die Cut Diva

When I line up a T-square across mine it is also off by 1/16"
At least my tape isn't too wide for the raised rails
My T-square is metal so it is accurate

The replacement tape measure is $3 PLUS shipping.
I am not going to spend more money on this thing .

Barbara
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-09-2015, 12:25 PM   #1360  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie*View Post
I got this at Joann, and I use a strip on the edges of the two desks/tables I craft on to help me measure. It is about 1/2" wide with inches marked with numbers and centimeters marked with no numbers. It seems accurate when I measure it with my 6" sliding metal gauge ruler.

Amazon.com: Thermoweb Peel n Stick Removable Ruler Tape-1/2"X10 Yards
Reply With Quote Likes