Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-14-2015, 03:51 PM   #1241  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs NoofyView Post
Thanks for the info ladies. It is sounding a little bit better now but still not tempting enough....yet! LOL
Lol, stay strong another must have product will hit the market within three months.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-14-2015, 06:12 PM   #1242  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
Thanks Lydia. I am still on the fence though, as I am worried about the cracking issues I have been reading about. I am not sure if all of the kinks have been worked out yet!

Shirl
They have been. The defect is easy for her to spot - she posted about it. You don't need to worry. She stopped shipping the ones with that defect long ago.

I would never ever tell anyone to bust their stamp budget. I'm pretty strict with myself - I've never spent $1 since 2001 on art supplies that wasn't generated by my sales, classes, etc.

However, I have to say - $50 for this tool is worth much more to me than the $50 I spend frequently on let's say 2 cling stamp sets. Or 8 packages of cardstock, which I go through pretty quickly. Or a week's worth of Flat Whites at Starbucks.

I'd just say this is one of about three tools I use on EVERY card - the others being a bone folder and a paper trimmer (which was $30 and I've bought a kajillion of those looking for "the one") - and it's the only tool I've ever bought that improves every stamped impression.

I waited four months after reading this thread daily before ordering one though. I just wish now I hadn't It's awesome.

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2015, 08:33 AM   #1243  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 40 Likes on 25 Posts

This is good news to hear. Thanks Lydia for posting your info and thoughts on this.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2015, 01:11 PM   #1244  
Stampin' Fool

Lydia, I so agree. The MISTI is one of the main tools I pull out when I'm setting up to stamp. When I first heard about it on this thread last year, I had to have it, and can't tell you how much time, cardstock and stress it has saved me from incomplete stamp images. It just makes it a piece of cake to redo and match up lined images, stamp diagonally, the possibilities are in your imagination.

Stamping my inside verses for my Christmas cards this year was so easy, none were ruined or required an extra piece of cardstock to cover my messed up image, I just zipped right through them!!

Illiana has created a product I love and will be forever grateful for her ingenuity. Like Lydia, it has been well worth my investment!

If you are wavering, you can always check out the numerous videos to see what all you can do with the MISTI (I Googled "Videos for using the MISTI"), and how to even use it with 12 x 12 cardstock for scrapbooking as well. I find the more options I find that will work for me, help with my decision making. If they aren't things you would do with your cards, then there's your answer. I like options.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2015, 06:47 PM   #1245  
Proud Fan Club Member

I agree Lydia, and so happy you posted your thoughts and support for the MISTI. Hopefully you've helped those who have doubts about purchasing Iliana's brilliant product. I can't imagine anyone not loving it once they've used it. My DH just had his 5th hospitalization since the beginning of the year this last Friday. I have so many thank you cards to make, I'm dreading getting started. My heart and body aren't into crafting right now, but at least I know it won't take me long with my MISTI. All I have to do is muster up enough strength to get started, and my MISTI will rescue me!
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-15-2015, 10:43 PM   #1246  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnecardsView Post
I agree Lydia, and so happy you posted your thoughts and support for the MISTI. Hopefully you've helped those who have doubts about purchasing Iliana's brilliant product. I can't imagine anyone not loving it once they've used it. My DH just had his 5th hospitalization since the beginning of the year this last Friday. I have so many thank you cards to make, I'm dreading getting started. My heart and body aren't into crafting right now, but at least I know it won't take me long with my MISTI. All I have to do is muster up enough strength to get started, and my MISTI will rescue me!
I'm sorry to hear your family is going through the medical situation. Odd how it can take its toll on not only the person who is sick, but the people doing the caregiving as well. Good luck for a speedy recovery for your husband.

Now, as for you and your job of making all those "Thank you cards", unfortunately, I haven't run across any videos of the MISTI being able to create cards without our assistance. I've left mine on the table with my stamping supplies for a few days at a time, and alas, no cards have ever been produced on their own by the MISTI card fairy!!! So, that strength and creative bug will just have to come along and bite you on its own. Or at least thats been my experience!!!! You have a tough task ahead, good luck to you, and God Bless......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2015, 10:02 AM   #1247  
Proud Fan Club Member

How important are the magnets to get when ordering a Misti?

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2015, 10:58 AM   #1248  

Quote:

How important are the magnets to get when ordering a Misti?

Shirl
Very important. Especially with photopolymer stamps, which stick to the paper a bit more. Also, I watercolor and emboss a lot, which warps paper a bit, and you really need a few magnets then.

Love Splitcoast?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2015, 10:58 AM   #1249  

Quote:

Gosh Anne I am so sorry. I can see why you wouldn't feel that creative spark.

Big hugs!

Love Splitcoast?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2015, 05:10 PM   #1250  

PSST....

My Sweet Petunia - Splitcoaststampers

Love Splitcoast?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-16-2015, 10:22 PM   #1251  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
Gosh Anne I am so sorry. I can see why you wouldn't feel that creative spark.
Big hugs!
Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetostamp3View Post
I'm sorry to hear your family is going through the medical situation. Odd how it can take its toll on not only the person who is sick, but the people doing the caregiving as well. Good luck for a speedy recovery for your husband.

Now, as for you and your job of making all those "Thank you cards", unfortunately, I haven't run across any videos of the MISTI being able to create cards without our assistance. I've left mine on the table with my stamping supplies for a few days at a time, and alas, no cards have ever been produced on their own by the MISTI card fairy!!! So, that strength and creative bug will just have to come along and bite you on its own. Or at least thats been my experience!!!! You have a tough task ahead, good luck to you, and God Bless......
Thank you both so very much! We're feeling the worst is behind, and looking forward one day at a time. Iliana's "My Sweet Petunia" on SCS, what a welcome surprise! Congratulations and Woopie!!! HUGS
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2015, 02:57 AM   #1252  
Stazon Splitcoast

I haven't read every comment but did watch the video. I can't see why this is better than a stamp positioner tool unless you are making multiples, and don't need to be too precise. The whole precise placement concern isn't addressed by this. With the clear plastic used with the stamp positioner, you can get exact placement with any kind of stamp. So, is the allure of this tool doing multiples of the same thing?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2015, 05:37 AM   #1253  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post
I haven't read every comment but did watch the video. I can't see why this is better than a stamp positioner tool unless you are making multiples, and don't need to be too precise. The whole precise placement concern isn't addressed by this. With the clear plastic used with the stamp positioner, you can get exact placement with any kind of stamp. So, is the allure of this tool doing multiples of the same thing?
For me the allure is to be able to restamp in exactly the same spot in order to fix an incomplete image. I can't do that with a Stamp-a-ma-jig.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2015, 05:42 AM   #1254  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by krista824View Post
For me the allure is to be able to restamp in exactly the same spot in order to fix an incomplete image. I can't do that with a Stamp-a-ma-jig.
I can see that - I've had my share of "mis-stamps!"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2015, 06:02 AM   #1255  

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomView Post

It's sooo much more than multiples - although that is commonly what people think about it.

They are starting to build a video library in their new forum - check it out.

Love Splitcoast?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2015, 11:01 AM   #1256  
Stazon Splitcoast

I see what you mean - thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2015, 02:26 PM   #1257  
Polyshrink Goddess

Fyi .from the time I bought to delivery - it was less than 1 week.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2015, 02:28 PM   #1258  
Polyshrink Goddess

And yes I love mine too. What is the next "hot" tool coming out. ?? I don't run to buy everything but I love the research part
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2015, 02:52 PM   #1259  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by CopperkidsView Post
And yes I love mine too. What is the next "hot" tool coming out. ??
The New and improved MISTI so people who want to stay in the good graces of the "MISTI Cult" will need to buy another one
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-17-2015, 03:53 PM   #1260  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Misti most incredible stamp tool invented

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs NoofyView Post
I talked to my local craft store person the other about MISTI. He was looking to purchase one and told me that they were only going to be available through the manufacturer (no craft store go-between at this time) and with all the attachments it was going to be approx $115. (subject to the exchange rate at the time.) Just a little out of my price range at the moment but they really look like a lot of fun. Oh well.....maybe later.
WOW....how come here in Manitoba my store is taking orders and they are $89CDN. I don't know what is included besides the machine. Last month in Arizona they were selling them for $60 u.s...I do understand there are some things you need for cleaning that might bump up the price or maybe its what the mark up is at your store.

We are close the border here and many will order to a u.s.post box to save shipping, so I am guessing store here willing to take less profit maybe.

It's intriguing little gizmo, but for the price I Think it would depend on many things affecting the decision to buy.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 10:15 AM   #1261  
Proud Fan Club Member

Just ordered my Misti. Decided to get everything offered, grid paper, cleaner and two magnets. I am in Canada and spending time looking for magnets that will work and cleaner etc. just takes too much time and energy. All told it is $110.00 something. Shipping to Canada was $23. something. But hey, someone has to keep the economy going. How's that for rationalizing?

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 10:43 AM   #1262  
Polyshrink Goddess

Perfect! Love your rationalizing! Enjoy you new little girl.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 02:55 PM   #1263  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by BohodivaView Post
Great concept, but I made my own. I used a DVD case and thick fun foam attached to the backside (no hub) and folded the case close backwards. To hold card front in position I used removable tape. It may not fancy, but it works just fine for positioning (unmounted) stamps for a layout.
I'm just saying...
Any pictures? I'd love to make one of my own......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-18-2015, 04:24 PM   #1264  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewsewView Post
Any pictures? I'd love to make one of my own......
Someone made a video of how they made something similar.
I will see if I can find where it is.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2015, 12:22 AM   #1265  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalcharmView Post
Someone made a video of how they made something similar.
I will see if I can find where it is.

Sorry - it got taken down.

DIY Stamp Tool Removed -

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2015, 06:28 AM   #1266  
Splitcoast Platinum Partner

Hi there - I'm Iliana - I'm the inventor of the MISTI. I have a patent pending on my invention, and I'd appreciate your respect of my invention & my business by not encouraging copycats.

Inventing a product and running a small business is hard enough in the craft industry.

Thank you. We now have a forum on Splitcoast - come visit us!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2015, 10:37 AM   #1267  
Mad Swapper

Admittedly, I am not the greatest stamper out there. Because of that, I was really skeptical about the MISTI. I did break down and purchased one. I couldn't be happier. Using versamark to emboss has always been a struggle because I end up with so many areas without EP. MISTI takes all that away: If your image isn't saturated enough to suit you, just restamp until you like the results. Sometimes, bg images can be difficult to stamp too. Not any more. If you don't place enough ink on the image, just reink and and there you go. I can honestly say this is truly a great product.

R there ways to create your own? I would have to think there are. For those who don't have time or don't want to spend their time thinking about how to recreate something, the MISTI is the tool for you.

It's a grand invention.
DO U KNOW?
BRAK members love to send SCSers cards on their birthdays? Come join us.

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there
is no path and leave a trail." ... Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2015, 11:44 AM   #1268  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anne RyanView Post
Admittedly, I am not the greatest stamper out there. Because of that, I was really skeptical about the MISTI. I did break down and purchased one. I couldn't be happier. Using versamark to emboss has always been a struggle because I end up with so many areas without EP. MISTI takes all that away: If your image isn't saturated enough to suit you, just restamp until you like the results. Sometimes, bg images can be difficult to stamp too. Not any more. If you don't place enough ink on the image, just reink and and there you go. I can honestly say this is truly a great product.

R there ways to create your own? I would have to think there are. For those who don't have time or don't want to spend their time thinking about how to recreate something, the MISTI is the tool for you.

It's a grand invention.
Great post Anne! I agree the MISTI is a wonderful tool, I just love mine! It's not just for double stamping or mass production, it offers far more. There are so many techniques that are difficult to do, made so easy using the MISTI.

Not referring to specific posts here, but to posts I've seen not only for the MISTI, but for other products seen on blogs and all over the net as well. Although I understand crafters like to try to make their own tools, it's not cool to ask for, link, or promote violation of copyright laws. Iliana has worked extremely hard to bring us a top notch tool. Compared to other tools and supplies out there, I just paid over $50.00 for just two SU stamps, I personally feel the price is in the ballpark for such a versatile and quality tool. For those who are on the fence, please take the time to watch videos by Iliana and other crafters for uses and techniques made easy with the MISTI.

Enough said, now back to enjoying our new home on SCS! HUGS

Last edited by Annecards; 04-19-2015 at 11:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2015, 12:19 PM   #1269  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Although I understand crafters like to try to make their own tools, it's not cool to ask for, link, or promote violation of copyright laws.
I love my MISTI and agree that we should all promote the product to our friends, on social media, etc., and send all the good vibes possible to Iliana, and I agree that it's not cool to post in this thread describing ways to make one's own version, I feel compelled to point out that a person jerry-rigging their own version for their own use, and not for sale to others, is not violating copyright law.

ETA: And I'll bet if they do, they won't get perfect results, will see the value of the "real" thing, and then will order a MISTI of their own!
SCS Fan Club Member
Color Challenge Team Member
QFTD215
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2015, 01:38 PM   #1270  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by MySweetPetuniaView Post
Hi there - I'm Iliana - I'm the inventor of the MISTI. I have a patent pending on my invention, and I'd appreciate your respect of my invention & my business by not encouraging copycats.

Inventing a product and running a small business is hard enough in the craft industry.

Thank you. We now have a forum on Splitcoast - come visit us!

oh okay.

Crafters gonna craft
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2015, 01:58 PM   #1271  
Pearl-ExPert

Love my MISTI!!! I know there will eventually be copycat products out there but NONE will be as well made as the MISTI. I was lucky (persistent) to snag one made by Iliana. I use it often and mentally thank her every time. The stamping frustrations I used to have are now no more.

I know it is pricey but it is SO worth the cost. The price of the MISTI is in line with the purchase of a stamp set and matching dies. If it is not in your budget presently, maybe some day soon you will be able to purchase one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-19-2015, 08:29 PM   #1272  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Just ordered my Misti. Decided to get everything offered, grid paper, cleaner and two magnets. I am in Canada and spending time looking for magnets that will work and cleaner etc. just takes too much time and energy. All told it is $110.00 something. Shipping to Canada was $23. something. But hey, someone has to keep the economy going. How's that for rationalizing?

Shirl
We all do what we can to keep the economy running. My postage was around $50.00 to Australia.But I can't complain, my husband who is always making things, looked at the Misti when it arrived and reckoned it was brilliant and no way he could ever do better. Worth every cent - that from my husband.

Last edited by ailhelen; 04-19-2015 at 08:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2015, 05:12 AM   #1273  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by ailhelenView Post
We all do what we can to keep the economy running. My postage was around $50.00 to Australia.But I can't complain, my husband who is always making things, looked at the Misti when it arrived and reckoned it was brilliant and no way he could ever do better. Worth every cent - that from my husband.
My husband had a similar reaction when I showed him a video of the MISTI in action when I was thinking of buying one, he watched the video and said "OK, you NEED that!" And this from a man who is not a stamper or builder, he just instinctively knew it was a brilliant tool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2015, 04:01 PM   #1274  
Matboard Maniac

So glad to find the MISTI Library! I originally didn't think I NEEDED the Misti-OH MY GOODNESS! I am in LOVE!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2015, 06:33 PM   #1275  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
Is this the link to the Misti library? (pardon my dense-ness)

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2015, 07:00 PM   #1276  
Proud Fan Club Member

[QUOTE=shirlb19;20958155]Is this the link to the Misti library? (pardon my dense-ness)

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...s-t598593.html
http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...i-t598541

Last edited by Annecards; 04-20-2015 at 07:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2015, 07:01 PM   #1277  

Quote:

Is this the link to the Misti library? (pardon my dense-ness)

Shirl
You're not dense!

That's their main forum. I think the library is the video channel thread here: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...i-t598541

Love Splitcoast?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-20-2015, 09:19 PM   #1278  
Proud Fan Club Member

Thank you Anne and Lydia!

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 01:12 PM   #1279  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

MISTI is Patent Pending........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-27-2015, 01:17 PM   #1280  
Matboard Maniac

I do not recall anyone taking issue with DIY recipes for stamp cleaners, shimmer sprays, etc. Why do we now chastise someone for making their own "stamping tool "that serves the same purpose as a MISTI?
MISTI is well designed. I doubt some individual will compete with that.
I'm pretty handy and frugal but quickly realized that if I made my own "stamping tool," I would end up spending more than $50.00 for materials and tools. I use that same criteria when deciding to sew or knit my own garments. I rarely save money by sewing and knitting. I take pleasure in those activities and am able to completely customize my garments. That is why I do those things.
I'm delighted that the MISTI has been such a success for Sweet Petunia and I love my MISTI. Perhaps its success will inspire someone else to turn their creativity into another innovation. Let's support one another !
Reply With Quote Likes