Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-29-2015, 03:07 PM   #1161  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
LOL!
It was funny i was watching with my granddaughter and i flinched said noooo she looked at me like i was crazy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2015, 04:21 PM   #1162  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShariWView Post
11. I can't remember where I saw this - but I LOVE IT! Cut up one of your old stamp scrubbies so they are easy to handle (I cut an old SU one into quarters) and have it right on your work table so when you clean off your stamps with the baby wipes you can dry it off with the scrubby. Great idea! I just cut mine with an old pair of scissors.
I love this one!!! Thanks for sharing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2015, 04:25 PM   #1163  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

6. Store the templates right with your stamp sets/framelits. Haven't figured out yet how to store the templates from my punches. Have several stamp sets that use the same punch. Thinking about making a template for each stamp set!
For punches, wouldn't it be much easier to stamp then center/punch? I'm not sure how the Misti would help with punches.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2015, 07:52 PM   #1164  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristaTracyView Post
For punches, wouldn't it be much easier to stamp then center/punch? I'm not sure how the Misti would help with punches.
Yes. But having the negative of the punch will allow you to use a stamp that might not be 'punch perfect' and then you can plan what part of the stamp is going to land in the space, right?

About the storage solution for punch negatives, I don't have a good idea. For me, that's getting too complicated. I have an ongoing pile of scrap paper close at hand, that eventually gets recycled into home made paper (fun to do!) and grabbing a piece of scrap from there and punching out a negative is a lot more simple for me.

Last edited by jeaniebean55; 03-29-2015 at 07:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2015, 07:31 AM   #1165  
Pearl-ExPert

Another thing that makes me nervous when I watch MISTI videos, the person doing the videos sprinkles embossing powder/glitter on while holding the paper over her open MISTI! If it was me, that would be the time the container slipped out of my hand and ..... (Just went to a class where I had an open jar of micro colored glitter in my hand and another person bumped me and 'Oh my..' was that a disaster!)

Love my MISTI and I am VERY protective of her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2015, 07:47 AM   #1166  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafter 4 LifeView Post
Another thing that makes me nervous when I watch MISTI videos, the person doing the videos sprinkles embossing powder/glitter on while holding the paper over her open MISTI! If it was me, that would be the time the container slipped out of my hand and ..... (Just went to a class where I had an open jar of micro colored glitter in my hand and another person bumped me and 'Oh my..' was that a disaster!)

Love my MISTI and I am VERY protective of her.
I'm with you - I would be hysterical if something melted on my little girl! And I'm sloppy - I always get glitter and embossing powder on my work space no matter how careful I think I am!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2015, 07:49 AM   #1167  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by KristaTracyView Post
I can never get some of my punches to be centered - and I've tried several of my punches now using the template and it works beautifully! No more cutting off the little birds tail or that little flower way on the end!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2015, 07:53 AM   #1168  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

I don't want embossing powder in mine either - yikes!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2015, 08:58 AM   #1169  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

I can never get some of my punches to be centered - and I've tried several of my punches now using the template and it works beautifully! No more cutting off the little birds tail or that little flower way on the end!
Now You're helping me . I'm going to use black cardstock and save the negatives. Thanks for the tip!
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2015, 09:07 AM   #1170  
Die Cut Diva

Matching the punches and stamps is the same principal as matching dies and stamps
Here is a old video from Heartfelt creations on how to do it by making a negative . It makes lining up stamps with dies or punches so much easier

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MeGgFfUebuA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by UnderstandBlue; 03-31-2015 at 07:24 AM.. Reason: added embed code. To do this on YT, click Share > Embed > Copy code > paste
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-30-2015, 04:32 PM   #1171  
Polyshrink Goddess

I am SO impressed. The image on the right is the decal that comes with this stamp and notice that the image on the left (stamped 3 times with Memento Tuxedo Black) is much finer. The left image was stamped on GLOSSY PAPER! Also notice that there are 4 magnets on the paper. That is because the paper is curled so wouldn't stay put as the edges would hit the cover of my little pink girlie stamp tool! I cannot find the person who posted here using glossy. I am going to use overheads next to stamp the image after I've used Spectrum Noir re inkers to do a pretty background! I also stamped an image on white paper that accepts alcohol inks and plan on coloring this little delightful image! Happy MISTI-ing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2015, 08:57 AM   #1172  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My MISTI has arrived. I have read most of this post... like all the pages. But I guess I'm going to have to start all over and remember the fine points that everyone has posted. And watch all the videos.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2015, 10:15 AM   #1173  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Well I'm unsubbing. Reading these posts only makes me want the thing more and she doesn't take checks. Enjoy your Misti!
In this electronic age, it is unsafe to accept checks. Too much risk of fraud for the business which in turn ends up increasing costs for the consumer. The suggestion someone else posted to use a prepaid credit card is a good alternative, as is PayPal.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2015, 10:42 AM   #1174  
Pearl-ExPert

Ignore my post above about the cheques. I replied in haste as I was working my way through this wonderful thread and hadn't seen all the other replies that said the same thing.

My MISTI is waiting for me in Houlton Maine for pickup by a relative who is a long haul tractor trailer driver. If he's unable to go through before the long weekend coming up, I might even get desperate enough to make the six hour drive to the border to pick it up. My other half would not be impressed but I'd have two more days to play with it before returning to work on Tuesday
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2015, 11:01 AM   #1175  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

leslie-if you could combo other shopping with the drive i would do so.
if not take the week to watch the videos. take notes.and pull out some supplies.
clear your work space~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2015, 11:25 AM   #1176  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
leslie-if you could combo other shopping with the drive i would do so.
if not take the week to watch the videos. take notes.and pull out some supplies.
clear your work space~
I was kind of posting in jest as I won't really do a 12 hour drive (6 hours both ways) solely for the MISTI. My husband would be shipping me off to the funny farm if was to truly seriously consider doing that LOL! In the past, I did crunch the numbers to determine how much savings I would have to get to make a day trip to Houlton or Calais worthwhile (cost of gas, food and time) versus the shipping directly to my home. When the dollar was around par, it would be about $300 worth of goods I'd need to have waiting for me to break even with the cost of gas and food to counteract the Canadian shipping charges and potential duty charges. Now, with the dollar going so low, I'd probably have to have $500 worth of stuff waiting for me at my US box.

I've joked with hubby that we need to find jobs in New Brunswick in St. Stephen so we could zip across any time we wanted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-31-2015, 08:14 PM   #1177  
Compulsive Stamper

Leslie,
You are tough. I'd probably have run to the car, gone to pick up my Misti, run by a craft store to pick up paper, stamps, and inks (because in my rush I would have forgotten to grab some when I left the house) rented me a hotel room and played all night and then sleep late check out and go home. My husband always says I wouldn't cross a street to get a loaf of bread for dinner but I'd drive a hundred miles to pick up a paint brush. (I think he's right.) lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-01-2015, 04:22 AM   #1178  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected]View Post
Leslie,
You are tough. I'd probably have run to the car, gone to pick up my Misti, run by a craft store to pick up paper, stamps, and inks (because in my rush I would have forgotten to grab some when I left the house) rented me a hotel room and played all night and then sleep late check out and go home. My husband always says I wouldn't cross a street to get a loaf of bread for dinner but I'd drive a hundred miles to pick up a paint brush. (I think he's right.) lol
My only saving grace is that when you cross the border into Maine from New Brunswick, the towns are small and I'd still have a few more hours drive to get to larger stores. Bangor would be the closest but when we go and stay a few days, we like to stay in Portland and shop there and in New Hampshire. I only get down 1-2 times per year for "real shopping". I know where 90% of the Michael's, Joann, AC Moore and now Hobby Lobby locations are in New England and I've been in most of them at the dismay of my husband. He get's his Cabella, Harbor Freight and Dick's kicks though so it all balances out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2015, 05:35 PM   #1179  
Matboard Maniac

I feel like I'm late to the party here! I'm ordering mine RIGHT NOW! Thanks for all of the great tips on this thread.
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.-Ephesians 4:32
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-04-2015, 09:05 PM   #1180  
Gallery Gazer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I always leave stamping the inside message on my cards till last - and I can't tell you the number of times that I have stamped the message crooked or it wasn't inked properly Yesterday, I made an Easter card and stamped the inside with my MISTI - and it didn't stamp properly the first time so I reinked and restamped. I am sooooo HAPPY I bought my MISTI - problem totally solved! See, look at my happy face ----> Just HAD to share!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2015, 02:29 PM   #1181  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I hope someone can answer this cleaning question for me! I have actually read through this entire thread over the past months, but I don't remember if I read the answer to this. I have some bare rubber stamps which I used repositionable adhesie (Dotto) to attach to my MISTI to stamp. Of course, it leaves a sticky residue which I can't get off the MISTI with hot water. Ordinarily I would use Goo Gone for something like this, but don't know if that is safe. I know Ilina only recommends the Novus cleaner, but I was under the impression from what I've read that that is more of a polish and don't know whether it will get the sticky residue off. Do I need to buy the Novus for this purpose? Anyone have any experience with the unmounted stamps on the MISTI?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2015, 03:30 PM   #1182  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjzimView Post
I hope someone can answer this cleaning question for me! I have actually read through this entire thread over the past months, but I don't remember if I read the answer to this. I have some bare rubber stamps which I used repositionable adhesie (Dotto) to attach to my MISTI to stamp. Of course, it leaves a sticky residue which I can't get off the MISTI with hot water. Ordinarily I would use Goo Gone for something like this, but don't know if that is safe. I know Ilina only recommends the Novus cleaner, but I was under the impression from what I've read that that is more of a polish and don't know whether it will get the sticky residue off. Do I need to buy the Novus for this purpose? Anyone have any experience with the unmounted stamps on the MISTI?
Others here may have different ideas and strategies, but after spending one very miserable hour or more doing my best to rub off, clean off (included using the Novus, which didn't seem to do anything), get off the sticky residue from using my glue tape on the back of a stamp to attach it to the MISTI cover, I vowed never again. I have Tack N Peel that I'm planning on using for bare rubber, but to date, I haven't had a need to try it out. So far, the vinyl cling (that's supposed to go on the outside but I've appropriated it on the inside of the lid) works great for the amount of suction I need. But I have my Tack N Peel as back up should I need it. I will never, never, never again put a touch of tape runner on a stamp that goes onto my MISTI. It's not that I'm worried about how delicate the MISTI is (I don't), it's that is was a huge PITA. lol! *shudder!!!!*

Last edited by jeaniebean55; 04-05-2015 at 04:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2015, 05:07 PM   #1183  

Quote:

I have never used Dotto - but if there's a residue I'd use the adhesive remover - the little gum eraser looking thing - to get the actual adhesive off, then just clean with the Novus.

If it's the temporary Hermafix, it should come off easily with friction

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-05-2015, 07:51 PM   #1184  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

it leaves a sticky residue which I can't get off the MISTI with hot water.
I would try Lydia's suggestion and if that does not work, I would try a little vegetable oil or peanut butter (works on chewing gum so why not?) and if neither of those worked, then I would try rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol. And I would immediately rinse off afterwards. I have the Novus and I feel it is more a polisher than cleanser.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2015, 09:45 AM   #1185  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Jeanniebean, I have the same mess on mine from just a relatively small, bare rubber stamp - darn! Lydia, I tried using my adhesive remover eraser thingy and it just made more of a mess : ( Guess I will try your suggestion, Charmaine, as that may actually work, sort of like Goo Gone without any added chemicals that might be in that. And, Jeannie, I think I have some Tack N Peel that I've never used - guess I may have to resort to that. Thanks to all of you great ladies that responded!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2015, 10:28 AM   #1186  

Rubbing alcohol is a definite no-no - don't try that. That will crack acrylic - and then you'll void the warranty. I like the oil idea!

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2015, 10:37 AM   #1187  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
Rubbing alcohol is a definite no-no - don't try that. That will crack acrylic - and then you'll void the warranty. I like the oil idea!
Thanks for that correction, Lydia. Cannot be too careful with our MISTIs!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2015, 11:36 AM   #1188  
Stazon Splitcoast

Charmaine, the oil idea is a good one! Wish I'd'a thought of that when I was working on my mess. Washing it all off with a mild detergent afterward would probably finish off the job nicely. I'm going to experiment on one of my acrylic blocks. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2015, 11:47 AM   #1189  
Stampin' Fool

I agree with the above comments using caution and trying just oil. Perhaps contacting Iliana directly for suggestions would be the best bet, she might be able to help.

I bought mine early on, and now can't live without it!!! Used it for my Christmas cards, and they couldn't have easier to stamp! It's a terrific product, but I must say I haven't used bare rubber stamps with it yet. It's now a standard when I get out my supplies to stamp! Kudos to Iliana for her creativity and her videos and others for a great product saving many of us time, paper and frustration!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2015, 12:32 PM   #1190  
Stazon Splitcoast

why did I buy a MISTI if I'm not going to use it? I just spent part of my weekend stamping multiple stamps, on white 8.5 x 11 cardstock for a card class.

I forgot all about my Misti. geeeeezzzzzz.

Maybe I just need a margarita or something. 2 large stamps + 7 sentiments times 12.

sigh.....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2015, 01:08 PM   #1191  
Insane Embellisher

I mostly use clear stamps but have had occasion to use bare rubber with my MISTI a few times. I place the stamp on the paper/cs where I think I want it and then I put double sided Scotch tape on the MISTI about where the stamp will be and close the lid. The stamp sticks nicely to the tape but you do need to make sure you put enough on for the size of the stamp so it won't fall off when you lift the lid. When I'm through stamping, I just peel the tape off. I haven't noticed any residue yet. Hope this helps someone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2015, 01:20 PM   #1192  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazorkayView Post
why did I buy a MISTI if I'm not going to use it? I just spent part of my weekend stamping multiple stamps, on white 8.5 x 11 cardstock for a card class.

I forgot all about my Misti. geeeeezzzzzz.

Maybe I just need a margarita or something. 2 large stamps + 7 sentiments times 12.

sigh.....
you forgot. you have. a MISTI?!?!?!?!

To the craft room with you, and don't come out till you've properly adored her! bwahahahahahhaaha!

(but seriously, have a blast at your class!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2015, 02:05 PM   #1193  
Kookie Creator

I did that the first time too. Just habit I guess. I was so mad at myself that I almost did them all over again, with the MISTI! (Love your reply Jeanie!)
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2015, 09:15 PM   #1194  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a confession to make. I got mine and ordered the extra package of static films. Since I was not going to use it until the films came, I put it in a drawer to keep it safe. That was the end of February... When the static film came I put it in the drawer with the MISTI and that is where it still sits! Life has been so busy that I have hardly been in the stamp room.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2015, 05:54 AM   #1195  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I have a confession to make. I got mine and ordered the extra package of static films. Since I was not going to use it until the films came, I put it in a drawer to keep it safe. That was the end of February... When the static film came I put it in the drawer with the MISTI and that is where it still sits! Life has been so busy that I have hardly been in the stamp room.
Amber, Amber, Amber .... whatever will we do with you !!! Get thee to thy craft room and stamp!!! NOBODY PUTS MISTI IN A DRAWER!

Seriously, sorry to hear life has been busy. Hopefully it will slow down and you'll get a chance to craft. You will truly LOVE Misti!!! I don't know if you still make cards for our troops, but she would have been a big help 5 years ago when you did tons!!!! Relax and play a bit ... we all need that!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2015, 10:54 AM   #1196  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenBinPaView Post
Two of my magnets broke already - does anyone know where I can buy more? I need a specific link I think.

Thanks so much!
K
I ordered extra magnets from them. 10 pack for 4.98 and I got FREE shipping
Super Strong Rare-Earth RE Magnets (20mm x 2mm / 10-Pack) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

Good Luck
Diane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2015, 10:57 AM   #1197  
Cardstock Collector

Super Strong Rare-Earth RE Magnets (20mm x 2mm / 10-Pack) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2015, 11:07 AM   #1198  
Pearl-ExPert

This site looks really great. I must poke around some more. Free shipping in Canada, gotta love it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2015, 11:52 AM   #1199  
Kookie Creator

Thanks for the magnet referral. Can't beat the price plus free shipping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2015, 12:14 PM   #1200  
Swap Moderator
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator
Swapper of the Month - November 2013

I have had my misti since December and used it less than 30 times. I bought the Novus cleaner with it and the magnets... the whole deal. It has only been cleaned with Novus. So, why the cracking and will the cracks keep growing and eventually go across the entire screen making the misti unusable?
Reply With Quote Likes