Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-17-2014, 10:59 PM   #81  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you try to order, the page shows 'out of stock'. Please remember she is making them herself so the units for sale are dependent on how many she (wife, mother, home school teacher) can complete. She mentioned in her last post that she is in contact with some business to make them but nothing certain. She mentioned also some people have been sending some unkind comments and emails. She will no longer be replying to email orders but should check her blog or Facebook page.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2014, 03:47 AM   #82  
Forum Fanatic

She also posted:

"The reason I am not doing pre-orders is that I am praying for the manufacturer I spoke to last week to come back to me with his answer as to making these. If I proceed, the product may look different. I don’t want you to pre-order something and then be dissatisfied when you receive something else. Thanks"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2014, 04:56 AM   #83  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like a "must have" item for me. I will be watching for these to become available again.

Design Team Member - Kitchen Sink Stamps

Design Team Member -
The Project Bin
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2014, 06:56 AM   #84  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
She also posted:

"The reason I am not doing pre-orders is that I am praying for the manufacturer I spoke to last week to come back to me with his answer as to making these. If I proceed, the product may look different. I dont want you to pre-order something and then be dissatisfied when you receive something else. Thanks"
TBH I hope a larger manufacturer comes in. Probably can take on board our suggestions (clear grid instead of relying on stamp a ma jig, include magnets, no left/right just orientate the measurements, etc) and lower production costs because of a big run.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-18-2014, 06:57 AM   #85  
Compulsive Stamper

I got lucky and got notification when she updated her blog about having more stock. I was not on any email list or anything, just happened to be checking my phone at brunch on Saturday. I was able to order one and it's shipping today.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 09:38 AM   #86  
Kookie Creator

More stock just hit the store. If you hurry you might get one too!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 11:56 AM   #87  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder how long it will be before someone trots over to TAP plastic, buys the hinges and gets the plastic cut. Something that takes only 15 minutes to make by hand sounds easy....if you're in a metro area where there's a TAP store.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #88  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by BahbView Post
I wonder how long it will be before someone trots over to TAP plastic, buys the hinges and gets the plastic cut. Something that takes only 15 minutes to make by hand sounds easy....if you're in a metro area where there's a TAP store.
You know I've been thinking this same thing myself.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 01:27 PM   #89  
Stazon Splitcoast

Looks like she's sold out again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 02:44 PM   #90  
Stazon Splitcoast

OK - this isn't going to be a popular opinion in this thread - I think this is a great tool from what I have seen (and it needs some tweaks) however, I think the price point is ridiculous. I think the price point needs to be $30 max WITH magnets and gridded plastic sheet.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 02:49 PM   #91  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
OK - this isn't going to be a popular opinion in this thread - I think this is a great tool from what I have seen (and it needs some tweaks) however, I think the price point is ridiculous. I think the price point needs to be $30 max WITH magnets and gridded plastic sheet.
Im holding off because of the price point. I just dont see spending $50 with shipping for it. Its a great tool and think it looks awesome. But I keep thinking it shouldnt be that hard to come up with something similar.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #92  
Compulsive Stamper

Heart

It is an expensive tool, definitely out of my budget, but I bought one anyway and I have to say it is [I]The Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented![I] People will copy this idea and come up with less expensive ways to make it and probably even add in some improvements but I won't regret buying this original, handmade product. It's a simple but brilliant idea and I'm happy to support Iliana's effort. I'm guessing that if I added up what she spends on material and the time she spends producing and marketing the product, she's probably not making much per hour. I hope this venture will prove to be profitable for her and that she will be able to come to an agreement with a US manufacturer that will be able to produce this incredible product at a more affordable price so more people can enjoy using it.
Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 04:25 PM   #93  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnWView Post
It is an expensive tool, definitely out of my budget, but I bought one anyway and I have to say it is [I]The Most Incredible Stamp Tool Invented![I] People will copy this idea and come up with less expensive ways to make it and probably even add in some improvements but I won't regret buying this original, handmade product. It's a simple but brilliant idea and I'm happy to support Iliana's effort. I'm guessing that if I added up what she spends on material and the time she spends producing and marketing the product, she's probably not making much per hour. I hope this venture will prove to be profitable for her and that she will be able to come to an agreement with a US manufacturer that will be able to produce this incredible product at a more affordable price so more people can enjoy using it.
Ann
Oh definitely, I think this needs a larger manufacturer and not to be "handmade" to maximize her idea and profit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #94  
Pearl-ExPert

Well said Ann! This is a product Illiana created from her crafting experience! I hope to get one of her handmade items. It is a shame that there will be copies on the market soon after she persevered with her design. Hopefully, a manufacturer with produce her tool so more will be available but remember she is making them herself. She is a wife, mother, crafter and does home schooling for her children - she has a lot going on in her life.

It upsets me that people are suggesting with 'improvements' without even using the tool. I'm sure there are good reasons for the way the tool is designed. Shari Carroll was thrilled with a crafting tool made for left-handers!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2014, 11:23 PM   #95  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnWView Post
Ann
I too love this product, and don't regret for a minute what I spent for it, especially what I will save in restamping alone!!! And, when I haul in my stamping stuff to the table, no more blocks to mess with!

I wonder if she gets a manufacturer involved if the price would go down much, stay the same, or go up for the quality product you get? For her to still make a profit, and for the overhead for supplies, I just wonder...... It's very well made, and I doubt it can be made cheaper than what it's being sold for now. She could ship for less, and have it take longer to receive, however I loved the quick turnaround time myself!!! Also, she's great posting videos on different ways to use it. Of course, the more you personally play with it, the more creative you'll become. Just can't say enough great things about it, can you tell I'm sold on it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2014, 06:22 AM   #96  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetostamp3View Post
I wonder if she gets a manufacturer involved if the price would go down much, stay the same, or go up for the quality product you get? For her to still make a profit, and for the overhead for supplies, I just wonder...... It's very well made, and I doubt it can be made cheaper than what it's being sold for now.
I also wondered about that since there would be at least one more party involved who needs to make a profit. On the bright side, it would make this awesome product more readily available, even if the price doesn't change. I agree with you about it being worth every penny just for the ability to easily restamp images. It makes stamping on watercolor paper a breeze. I no longer have to hold my breath and hope I get a clear image. MISTI makes it perfect!
Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2014, 06:25 AM   #97  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetostamp3View Post
I too love this product, and don't regret for a minute what I spent for it, especially what I will save in restamping alone!!! And, when I haul in my stamping stuff to the table, no more blocks to mess with!
I so agree. I really don't think it's that expensive when it comes to the quality and getting a tool that saves me so much time, money, and frustration. When it comes to the tools I use most often, I am more than willing to spend money to have the tool last. Cheaper is not always the best way to go.

When the knock-offs hit the market I would imagine they are going to be made of less durable materials. Probably the grid will be painted on and we all know that it will wear off in time and I keep thinking that why the SU stamps stick is because of the engraved grid; the ruler sticker is an outdoor sticker that holds up to cleaners - will a cheaper model have a ruler that will wear off over time? I love the weighty feel and that I can use magnets to hold the paper down - no more having to use tape to flatten out paper that has curled from water coloring, embossing, etc.

I've been using MITSI like crazy and I'm still in love and my stamping buddies are just waiting to order theirs.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2014, 06:33 AM   #98  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by BahbView Post
I'll bet you will be unpleasantly surprised just how much a real duplicate is going to cost.

You need a wood frame or you're going to need to find something similar onto which you attach the hinges.

If you have TAP cut acrylic pieces to make a frame, you'll need to glue them together and a can of acetate glue is about $7 and it's not the easiest product to use because it's super thin and will run all over. TAPs assembly price is really high - been there - didn't do it.

Having TAP laser cut the grid isn't cheap and you need it cut into the top and bottom pieces

You need a metal plate because the magnetic feature is very cool

Stickers for the ruler

I have a feeling that making trying to duplicate would cost a lot more...I could be wrong, but me thinks not. I'm a DIY person and have learned that sometimes it just more sense and it a whole lot cheaper to buy than build.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2014, 08:51 AM   #99  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafter 4 LifeView Post
It upsets me that people are suggesting with 'improvements' without even using the tool. I'm sure there are good reasons for the way the tool is designed. Shari Carroll was thrilled with a crafting tool made for left-handers!
I'm not certain why constructive criticism should upset anyone. There is no personal attack. People agree this is a good product, and have noted things that would make it a great product and make them want to buy it.

Considering that this is a cottage enterprise I doubt there was much objective consumer input in its development and am impressed by how many hurdles have been overcome in the manufacturing already (as specified in another comment - the sourcing of TAP hinges, magnetic base, grids, measures etc).

Large scale manufacturing doesn't equate to cheap, it does equate to cost effectiveness and it is always up to any designer bargaining for large scale manufacturing to not let their product be altered in any way that would compromise it.

Guess I'm always looking to make a product better.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2014, 08:53 AM   #100  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh and I just wanted to add that this seems like a very unique product and I hope she has all her patents and copyrights in place to protect her property from "knock offs".
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2014, 10:18 AM   #101  
Stazon Splitcoast

All I know is ... I WANT ONE! lol Will be stalking her site to snatch one up as soon as they're back in stock.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2014, 09:34 AM   #102  
Compulsive Stamper

Mine came yesterday and I played with it. Very happy so far.

I was able to do multi-part stamping (almost) like a pro! I used a 2-part background stamp (PTI's Background Basics: Morocco), and *finally* got all of the sections to line up straight and centered. I was able to re-ink and re-stamp a couple of images that didn't stamp clean the first time. I have the magnets and had no problem when the card stock went outside of the frame.

I have a little "stamping station" where I kept a foam pad for stamping with my clear stamps. Now I just leave the MISTI there, and if I'm stamping with blocks, I can just use it open, with the included foam pad. And I still get the nice corners and straight edges for squaring up my card stock.

When I can post attachments with pictures, I will show the stuff I've done so far.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2014, 12:28 PM   #103  
Rubber Obsessor

Received mine today!! I got the left handed one even though I am right handed. Just seems correct to me to open like a book.

I did a couple stamps using it and really love it! So nice being able to restamp if need be etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2014, 01:46 PM   #104  
Insane Embellisher

There are more in stock at the moment.FINALLY I got to place an order. HURRY!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2014, 05:04 PM   #105  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

I was SURE that between my SAMJ and TWO Fiskar's stamp presses that I did NOT need this tool ::sigh::

But this thread convinced me otherwise, so I bought one today LOL along with the magnets and grid paper.

Kudos to all my fellow enablers

The cleaner was out of stock but I found it on Amazon (64 oz for a little shy of $20 delivered). And this cleaner is good to clean a bunch of other things aside from this stamp positioner, so I did not think the 64 oz was overkill heehee.........
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2014, 04:29 AM   #106  

Well, the customer service is awesome. I had a shipping notice when I checked my emails this morning.

I am now getting exciting about giving this tool a test drive.

Thanks, again, to everyone on this thread who took the time to share experiences and thoughts and suggestions about this tool.

Just one more example of SCS and its rockin' community members making SCS such an incredible, and fun, and valuable resource for all of us.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2014, 07:57 AM   #107  
Glitter Queen

I have been using the platform from the Lifestyle Crafts letterpress kit to do the same function as the Misti. I have been quite pleased how well it works for repeat stamping and since I already own it I am doubly pleased.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2014, 10:45 AM   #108  
Stazon Splitcoast

Waaahhh. Missed them AGAIN!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-24-2014, 05:15 PM   #109  

Quote:

Originally Posted by grateful2bsavedView Post
Waaahhh. Missed them AGAIN!
If you haven't done so already, you can sign up on her blog to get email notification when she posts something on her blog.

I did that and that was how I found out she had made some more.

Here's a link to her blog and the place to sign up for emails is on the right hand side down the page a little:
http://mysweetpetunia.com/blog/

Also, someone mentioned higher in this thread that they're using their Lifestyle Crafts letterpress platform to do the same thing that the MISTI does, so if you have the letterpress platform, you could try that out and see if it works for you.

HTH.

Last edited by QueenOfInkland; 08-24-2014 at 05:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2014, 05:50 AM   #110  
Kookie Creator

For those of you who have placed an order, did you receive an email with tracking info? I ordered last Wednesday and didn't receive any shipping notice. Just wondering if I should email her. I know she's super busy so I don't want to bother her if I'm just being impatient!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2014, 01:23 PM   #111  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by krista824View Post
For those of you who have placed an order, did you receive an email with tracking info? I ordered last Wednesday and didn't receive any shipping notice. Just wondering if I should email her. I know she's super busy so I don't want to bother her if I'm just being impatient!!
Did you get a receipt from Paypal? You should have gotten a receipt from My Sweet Petunia too (I got them the same day I placed my order). Then, I got an email from USPS and an Order Complete email when my stuff shipped, just a day or 2 later.

So I think you would be wise to send an email and ask for a status. If you didn't get any order receipt the day you ordered, maybe the order didn't go through??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2014, 03:02 PM   #112  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thanks for the info QueenOfInkland. I'm going to head over there right now and sign up.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2014, 03:08 PM   #113  
Stazon Splitcoast

How many magnets do you think a person should have? 2? 4?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2014, 04:14 PM   #114  

Krista824: I rec'd an email with tracking info.

Pam: You're welcome re: the sign up info. And I got 4 magnets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-25-2014, 09:09 PM   #115  
Proud Fan Club Member

My Review of the Misti:

I'm thrilled with mine, and ordered another for my friend tonight. Iliana's video instructions are a must, because she covers all of the Misti capabilities. She thought of every feature one could possibly want.

The letterpress was mentioned for positioning earlier so thought I'd share the differences I've found. I've used my letterpress for positioning, but it doesn't come close to the Misti. The letterpress isn't as accurate for double stamping, it moves slightly when double stamping, you cannot use magnets, it's smaller, and it is just simply not as good.

This is a quality product, the workmanship is superb, and surpasses every claim Iliana has made. It's a purchase you'll be happy you made, worth every penny in my opinion. The link to the instructional videos Iliana has put together is at the end of my post. BTW, the grid paper she sells is much better and heavier than what's in stores, and the price is reasonable. I purchased 3 magnets.

Video Instructional Link
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCyNV3feFEjkDy-U6qkZAPaw

Last edited by Annecards; 08-31-2014 at 08:49 AM.. Reason: Correct grid paper vs graft paper, silly me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2014, 01:14 AM   #116  
Insane Embellisher

Ten more are available now, and more on Thursday. If you sign up to receive her e-mail notices, you too will know when she has more available.
The paper and magnets are available now too, but can't say how long that will last.

The shipping notice and tracking number came shortly (within a couple of hours)after I ordered, so if you don't get that, your order probably hasn't gone through. PayPal doesn't always work smoothly, it seems.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2014, 03:46 AM   #117  
Insane Embellisher

I see how it works for clear stamps, but how do u know where to place rubber stamps, like a thingammajig?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2014, 03:49 AM   #118  
Insane Embellisher

And, my stamps are unmounted down to red rubber, with Tack it over and over on it. How does that work?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2014, 04:09 AM   #119  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by KarenBinPaView Post
I see how it works for clear stamps, but how do u know where to place rubber stamps, like a thingammajig?
Yes, you're supposed to use your plastic out of your stamp-a-ma-jig. That was one of the issues. I think for the price point you should be able to use the product for all cling/clear stamps without having to buy extras to make it work. That in itself basically adds another $10 to use it properly.

It is not just my issue with this product but many others, for example I think digital cutters should come with tool kits etc. If you can't use it for its intended purpose without the tool then the tool is necessary and should be part of the product in my book.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-26-2014, 04:42 AM   #120  
Insane Embellisher

Ahhhh, I get it. I made a Thingamajig out of Lego and use a CB plate. Works great.
Do you know if this works with the sticky red rubber, without ruining the plastic?
Reply With Quote Likes