Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-20-2015, 03:36 PM   #1121  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerView Post
Still on the fence here.

My question is....Is everyone going to unmount all their stamps to use the MISTI??

I just can't see unmounting all my wood stamps or unmounting as I need. Or does everyone have more cling/photopolymer stamps than wood, so this is not an issue???
I've had my MISTI for only a short time, but so far, I have no intention of unmounting my wood stamps. I've always been happy with a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig and wood stamps, and will continue to be, including 2- and 3-step stamps. I even have some "permanent" imaging sheets made with vellum cardstock and Staz-On ink.

Don't get me wrong, I love the MISTI, and from now on will probably buy more unmounted stamps and photopolymer. And I might unmount my wheels. But not my wood stamps.

At least that's what I think today!
SCS Fan Club Member
Color Challenge Team Member
QFTD215
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2015, 04:03 PM   #1122  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by bejoyceView Post
I've had my MISTI for only a short time, but so far, I have no intention of unmounting my wood stamps. I've always been happy with a Stamp-A-Ma-Jig and wood stamps, and will continue to be, including 2- and 3-step stamps. I even have some "permanent" imaging sheets made with vellum cardstock and Staz-On ink.

Don't get me wrong, I love the MISTI, and from now on will probably buy more unmounted stamps and photopolymer. And I might unmount my wheels. But not my wood stamps.

I have over 1200 stamps maybe more, about half and half wood mount and poly, I unmounted all my wood mount stamps years ago, because for at least 10 years I have used the fiskers stamp press. As I use the ones that used to be wood mount, I am applying ez mount to the back. I don't mind, I sit in front of the TV and do this. I have had my misti since January and love it!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2015, 04:35 PM   #1123  
Polyshrink Goddess

Heart

Quote:

I highly recommend unmounting your wheels! I used one of mine as a test with the MISTI and it was SO easy to line up turning it 90 as the wheels are longer than 6 " I also unmounted all of my stamps years ago using EZ Mount as well - have never regretted it! But having said that, I know there are those who just love the feel of the wood in your hand as you stamp. I have a Stamp-a-ma-jig and I gave up trying to get the greeting on the inside of my Christmas cards straight on all 90 of them - so I used the printer and printed the stamped message out so it would be straight! I'm SO looking forward to finishing up my Christmas cards with the MISTI. Have a great weekend everyone!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2015, 04:47 PM   #1124  
Polyshrink Goddess

I forgot to mention something - I decided I wanted more magnets and went to Amazon to find the kind she has and thought I was ordering the same size. There are ten in a box for $5 something and since we are Prime members no shipping and no tax. Got them and was I shocked - they were smaller! Now for the best part - I LOVE THEM. I had an issue with the bigger one getting in the way when I was stamping an image and wasn't a happy camper. I am now. I can place two of them on any sized piece of paper and they never get in the way. Here is what I purchased: Bykes Technologies Neodymium Magnets N48 x ⅛ inch discs, set of 10. There is actually a video they refer you to to get the magnets apart because they are so strong. I have magnet sheets, so when my husband pulled them apart, I am storing them on a magnet piece and keep a couple in the MISTI. You do have to store them far enough apart though - cause they do love each other!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-20-2015, 07:58 PM   #1125  
Splitcoast Platinum Partner

Quote:

I have wood mounted stamps still. I figured if I need them then I can unmounts them. Baby steps....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2015, 08:24 AM   #1126  
Gallery Gazer

I have a grand total of FIVE wood-mounted stamps left - all Stampotique and I will NEVER unmount them (they're part of the decor in my room, as well as useful stamps). I unmounted all of my other stamps years ago (including wheels) and never looked back, so I was ready to roll when I got my MISTI! I love how much space I save and how easy it is to find what I want and all of that

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2015, 02:35 PM   #1127  
Splitcoast Platinum Partner

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
I have a grand total of FIVE wood-mounted stamps left - all Stampotique and I will NEVER unmount them (they're part of the decor in my room, as well as useful stamps). I unmounted all of my other stamps years ago (including wheels) and never looked back, so I was ready to roll when I got my MISTI! I love how much space I save and how easy it is to find what I want and all of that
I am thinking...... what if you put MISTI on a book. Put your wood mounted stamp on the outside next to MISTI. Then washi tape the cardstock on the outside of the lid. Ink up the stamp and then open the lid so the cardstock lands on the stamp. That way if you don't get a good impression you have a second chance. I hope that make sense.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2015, 03:37 PM   #1128  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlianaMyskaView Post
I am thinking...... what if you put MISTI on a book. Put your wood mounted stamp on the outside next to MISTI. Then washi tape the cardstock on the outside of the lid. Ink up the stamp and then open the lid so the cardstock lands on the stamp. That way if you don't get a good impression you have a second chance. I hope that make sense.
My mind is officially blown, lol. I love the creativity on this thread.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2015, 03:42 PM   #1129  
Embossing Fanatic

Next weekend I am going to a Scrapbook and Papercrafts Expo in Salt Lake City with a group of crafting friends. On one hand, I want to show off my MISTI, and on the other hand, I want to protect my Precious. I ordered a MacBook neoprene cover through Amazon Prime (pink, of course) and if it arrives by Thursday, then my MISTI will be going on a road trip. Otherwise, probably not. Am I being a bit paranoid?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2015, 06:37 PM   #1130  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by InThayneCropperView Post
Next weekend I am going to a Scrapbook and Papercrafts Expo in Salt Lake City with a group of crafting friends. On one hand, I want to show off my MISTI, and on the other hand, I want to protect my Precious. I ordered a MacBook neoprene cover through Amazon Prime (pink, of course) and if it arrives by Thursday, then my MISTI will be going on a road trip. Otherwise, probably not. Am I being a bit paranoid?
Not at all, I just got mine yesterday and as I have been reading the last 10 pages or so of this thread I was already thinking I might like some type of little case for when I want to take it with me. I also have a workshop in April and it's gonna have to come along! Please let us know if you're happy with the one you order.

Another question, for those who have put the included cling piece on the outside to protect the gridding- have you found that dust, dog hair, little bits of flotsam and jetsam stick to it? I am envisioning this happening, but foremost would like to protect the grid marks.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful thread and awesome videos.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-21-2015, 08:03 PM   #1131  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I have a plastic case very similar to the Iris 12 x 12 cases that are made for scrapbook paper and projects. You know the ones that are always on sale at Michaels, but are reg. priced at $ 9.99. It is smaller and thinner and my Misti, graph paper, plastic grid sheets (discussed in a thread here), etc. all fit into this case. It is also made by Iris and is called a "Project Case" and holds
8 1/2" x 11" paper. Its overall size is noted as 13" x 12 3/16" x 1 9/16". It may not be protective enough for traveling with your Misti, but I love having everything together on my shelf. You could slip the Misti inside a bubble wrap cover and then into the case for travel. The price for this one at M's was $6.99, but as always, you can use a coupon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-22-2015, 08:16 AM   #1132  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Must try!

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2015, 04:47 AM   #1133  
Crimping Master

MISTI enjoyed her first stamp retreat this past weekend. She was the hit of the weekend. She did so well and helped me make a bunch of great cards. Boy is she tired!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-23-2015, 03:10 PM   #1134  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Thanks for the suggestion. I saw a scrapbooker (can't remember who) use the outside of the lid to put a stamp (photopolymer) where she wanted it on a layout, so I had seen it done, but I don't use these particular stamps all that often, and just sort of take my chances when I do, lol! I'm certainly using MISTI for every single other stamp I own, though! Sure makes quick work of stamping index cards - I can do the whole sheet at once! Still in love with your fab invention, Iliana

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-24-2015, 03:30 PM   #1135  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ay caramba! I am so in love with this tool. I have ALWAYS had trouble getting a nice crisp stamped image with ANY white ink, dye based and pigment. I just made a nice little punched out image and stamped it in Color Box Frosted White - twice - IT IS GORGEOUS. Stamped in on black paper! Will not need to emboss this little image to get a nice crisp line. (By the way, I'm not Spanish, so if I spelled my exclamation incorrectly - please forgive me - I just love this phrase!)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2015, 07:59 AM   #1136  
Polyshrink Goddess

PROBLEM ALERT! I just used a SU framelit/stamp set combo and I discovered that if the stamp is off set on the rubber it will NOT line up with the die cut! I used the method of making a die cut negative and lining it up over the stamped image on a piece of scratch paper and laying the die cut into it. Lined it up perfectly, but the image stamped off to the left. Then I looked at the stamp! Lesson: Cut all your stamps close to the image. In the meantime - I'm now able to use all of my Brilliance stamp pads and get a nice crisp image because I can double or triple stamp. Hope this helps anyone who might have a similar experience.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2015, 09:58 AM   #1137  
Gallery Gazer

Thanks for mentioning this! I always trim mine as close to the image as possible, but never thought to mention it, so thanks for sharing! Also, thanks for the nudge in your other post - I need to go play with black paper + white ink now, lol...!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2015, 11:54 AM   #1138  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just ordered my MISTI yesterday. I am so anxious to receive it. I was reading on the other misti site about the magnets. I have a pace maker and a defibrillator and I didn't think about the magnet bit. I know I can't use the magnetic plates on a cutter but I hadn't thought about these. I guess I had better be careful when I get the package.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2015, 03:16 PM   #1139  
Pearl-ExPert

I am wanting to buy a case for my Misti. It doesnt quite fit into my ipad case. For you ladies who have bought a case, can you tell me the approximate size? I've been looking on Amazon ... the Canadian site because I am in Canada ... but I am not sure what size to look for. Can anyone help me out?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2015, 03:25 PM   #1140  
Kookie Creator

Default Misti case

Quote:

Originally Posted by deb_loves_stampingView Post
I am wanting to buy a case for my Misti. It doesnt quite fit into my ipad case. For you ladies who have bought a case, can you tell me the approximate size? I've been looking on Amazon ... the Canadian site because I am in Canada ... but I am not sure what size to look for. Can anyone help me out?
I got a 10.2" Tote Sleeve (for Netbook, iPad, or Tablet) at Wal-Mart yesterday for $12. It was with the other cases for tablets in the Electronics Dept. It fits perfect.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-25-2015, 05:34 PM   #1141  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixdogView Post
I got a 10.2" Tote Sleeve (for Netbook, iPad, or Tablet) at Wal-Mart yesterday for $12. It was with the other cases for tablets in the Electronics Dept. It fits perfect.
I also got a 10.2 neoprene tote (handle built in) sleeve from Walmart, and it works great--same price too--$12. Graf paper pad fits in with it. Took my MISTI to my paper craft group this past weekend and felt it was very well protected.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2015, 05:29 AM   #1142  
Matboard Maniac

felixdog and cookiecat

What was the brand of the tote you purchased? I would love to get one.

TIA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2015, 07:03 AM   #1143  
Hardware Hotshot

I know I read about a quilting grid to use, but I can't find the post. Would someone post what the brand name is and what it is used for?

Thanks

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2015, 08:12 AM   #1144  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceramicat1View Post
I know I read about a quilting grid to use, but I can't find the post. Would someone post what the brand name is and what it is used for?

Thanks
Maureen Wong's video explains it:
Templates for MISTI
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2015, 11:43 AM   #1145  
Kookie Creator

Default MISTI case

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldidgeView Post
felixdog and cookiecat

What was the brand of the tote you purchased? I would love to get one.

TIA
Linda- It just says MacBeth Collection by Margaret Josephs by Fashionation. It says 10.2' TOTE SLEEVE in big letters. It was hanging on a rack with the other tablet cases in the Electronics Dept. at Wal-Mart. Here's a link to one on
Amazon for $17. (Mine was twelve.)http://www.amazon.com/The-Macbeth-Co...27+TOTE+SLEEVE It's a different pattern than mine. My Wal-Mart just had one pattern.
Karen (felixdog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-26-2015, 12:28 PM   #1146  
Glitter Queen

Quote:

Linda- It just says MacBeth Collection by Margaret Josephs by Fashionation. It says 10.2' TOTE SLEEVE in big letters. It was hanging on a rack with the other tablet cases in the Electronics Dept. at Wal-Mart. Here's a link to one on
Amazon for $17. (Mine was twelve.)http://www.amazon.com/The-Macbeth-Co...27+TOTE+SLEEVE It's a different pattern than mine. My Wal-Mart just had one pattern.
Karen (felixdog)
Yes, this is the same one I purchased, but in a multicolored chevron like pattern. My Walmart had at least 3 different patterns. The MISTI fits really well and I like having the handle.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2015, 05:31 AM   #1147  
Matboard Maniac

Default MISTI Case

Quote:

Karen (felixdog)

Thanks so much - will be going to Walmart this weekend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2015, 06:57 AM   #1148  
Compulsive Stamper

So, I made it all the way through the 30 pages, and whew! What a great thread! I think the MISTI will make me fall in love with my stamps all over again.
Jacquie
Austin, TX
P.S. Pretty sure this is my first post, but wanted to let you know that I ordered a MISTI yesterday! I cannot wait to get it - and my mom and sister are also stamper/crafters, so if I love it, they will be getting them too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2015, 09:30 AM   #1149  

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshwynessView Post
So, I made it all the way through the 30 pages, and whew! What a great thread! I think the MISTI will make me fall in love with my stamps all over again.
Jacquie
Austin, TX
P.S. Pretty sure this is my first post, but wanted to let you know that I ordered a MISTI yesterday! I cannot wait to get it - and my mom and sister are also stamper/crafters, so if I love it, they will be getting them too.
YAY and welcome to Splitcoast!

Love Splitcoast?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2015, 09:19 PM   #1150  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default Lydia beat me to it....

Quote:

Originally Posted by AshwynessView Post
Jacquie
Austin, TX
I wanted to say welcome to SCS! I will be in San Antonio next month...not too far from you! Hope you share pics of your cards we all love to see what others make!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2015, 02:51 AM   #1151  
Forum Fanatic

I got my quilting grids last week and at first I wasn't sure if I would need one, but I am so glad I bought it. It makes it so much easier to align sentiments. I'm also going to cut one sheet down to use with my SAMJ. I still use my SAMJ because there are times when I can't use the MISTI (i.e. large canvas, journals, etc.).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2015, 09:47 AM   #1152  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thoughts from a MISTI owner:

1. I've learned so much from watching many of the videos on YouTube on this product - really helps. Just watched one that helped me so much using the Sizzix Eclips Cutting Mat. We kinda messed up the plastic sheet that covers it, so I just used transparencies to cover the sticky side after cutting the sheet down to 8 x 6 and cutting the piece left over in half.

2. Reading this thread (I'm up to page 20 and started a week ago)

3. BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR MAGNETS! I just broke another one when they whapped together - I bought a package of 30 x ⅛ magnets from Amazon. They are the Bykes N46 for $11 something. I do like the smaller ones.

4. When using the Sizzix mat - watch that it doesn't move! I was "teaching" my husband how to do dies and when I stamped it - it was off and HE noticed it had moved!

5. Cut the templates for your stamps big enough so you can either anchor them with magnets or on the Sizzix cutting pad.

6. Store the templates right with your stamp sets/framelits. Haven't figured out yet how to store the templates from my punches. Have several stamp sets that use the same punch. Thinking about making a template for each stamp set!

7. I'm using black paper for my templates as I can see the lining up process much easier.

8. Use the image to make yummy pieces with white ink, Brilliance inks or any iridescent inks.

9. Enable a friend so you can play together and exchange hints while having fun squealing!

10. Cut the red stamps down to the image - if you don't, unless they are perfectly centered, your images will be off when stamping on the cutout.

11. I can't remember where I saw this - but I LOVE IT! Cut up one of your old stamp scrubbies so they are easy to handle (I cut an old SU one into quarters) and have it right on your work table so when you clean off your stamps with the baby wipes you can dry it off with the scrubby. Great idea! I just cut mine with an old pair of scissors.

I know there will be more observations coming from my stamp room - but until then, I hope these help someone to have more fun with this AMAZING product! Happy MISTIing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2015, 11:25 AM   #1153  
Stazon Splitcoast

shari would you a have photo of #6. or even the video that shows this?
i can't picture,thanks~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2015, 11:40 AM   #1154  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
shari would you a have photo of #6. or even the video that shows this?
i can't picture,thanks~
When I do the die cut of the die I'm using with my stamp, I use the small paper negative for my frame on the MISTI to have stamp placement to stamp on the actual piece, which fits into the negative like a puzzle piece. This small piece I just place in the stamp container that I store my stamps and dies. Is that clear as mud!?

OK - I just took a picture which isn't clear as I'd like, but you will get the idea. I am in the process of making the rest of the templates for this stamp set, Chalk Talk, purchased from SU.

I hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2015, 11:56 AM   #1155  
Stazon Splitcoast

thanks so much~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2015, 01:32 PM   #1156  
Polyshrink Goddess

You're very welcome!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2015, 10:33 PM   #1157  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
Guess what ELSE you can do with the MISTI???

This was a fun discovery - maybe you already know this but I squealed when I thought of it:
That was very cool, I will totally be doing this!

But um please keep your heat gun away from your Misti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2015, 12:10 AM   #1158  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShariWView Post
When I do the die cut of the die I'm using with my stamp, I use the small paper negative for my frame on the MISTI to have stamp placement to stamp on the actual piece, which fits into the negative like a puzzle piece. This small piece I just place in the stamp container that I store my stamps and dies. Is that clear as mud!?

OK - I just took a picture which isn't clear as I'd like, but you will get the idea. I am in the process of making the rest of the templates for this stamp set, Chalk Talk, purchased from SU.

I hope this helps.
I used this method tonight.worked great.thanks again
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2015, 05:57 AM   #1159  
Pearl-ExPert

I like #9! It's always more fun 'getting' into trouble with a friend.

I am so happy for Illiana that this WONDERFUL product of hers is being so well received by the crafting community. I have had mine since Sept - was lucky to get one of the ones assembled by her. It is so well thought out, well made and does what she intended. It is one of my best crafting investments!!!

I, also, am learning so much from the generous crafters here who share their discoveries on how to use the MISTI to do.......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-29-2015, 02:50 PM   #1160  

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nanna2sixView Post
That was very cool, I will totally be doing this!

But um please keep your heat gun away from your Misti
LOL!

Love Splitcoast?

Reply With Quote Likes