Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-07-2015, 08:38 PM   #1001  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
i missed the post about the RAK to Kat123. WOW~
as for putting my MISTI to use. i will in the next few days.
i started a board on pinterest just for the MISTI.
Link us!

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-07-2015, 09:16 PM   #1002  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's wonderful. There are some very good people in this world, and that includes the majority of the folks on SCS. Thanks for sharing your story, it made my day. I hope you have no more MISTI problems!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kat123View Post
I had a wonderful note today. A very kind, generous, loving person on splitcoaststamper contacted Sweetpetunia and asked to buy me a misti to replace mine that had broken.

What an incredible random act of kindness!!!! I have never had some one who does not even know me except from this forum offer to do something this awesome and selfless.

I am also disabled and on a fixed income. I was waiting to see if March would find me in a position to replace my misti. I asked iliani to send me an invoice to do that. But I want to thank my secret angel for the offer to replace my misti for me! It really brought me I a lot of happiness. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2015, 05:05 AM   #1003  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamping me.View Post
I am very impressed by this generous and awesom person, wow! And I'm very happy for you!
me, too. and fwiw, I think there's something to be said that through all of this, Kat wanted a replacement, not her money back. It's a pretty awesome stamp tool, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2015, 10:54 AM   #1004  

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311View Post
I've had my MISTI since the end of feb. I know my order # was 4020.still haven't touched.
how do I check if it's has a warranty?
my head is spinning reading all these threads and FB.
I'm scared to touch it and play......
Oh my GOSH - don't be scared! It's the best thing ever - seriously...

I had one of the ones with the manufacturing defect and the company replaced it - like she said, it's easy for her and the manufacturer to spot. I was so sloowwwww to buy one (kicking myself) but I bought before the warranty as well. So go forth and play!

And next time someone starts a thread on something awesome, I'm not going to wait four freaking months (seriously) before I order it - I now know y'all are always right!!

ListeningCat.jpg

I still have my ORIGINAL Big Shot cutting plates from 2009. They look like something from the zombie apocalypse, but they work like a charm - nothing stays new forever. I'm sort of proud of still using them all these years later.

Love Splitcoast?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2015, 11:06 AM   #1005  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my original big shot and plates. I even straightened my plates.i used the running super hot water method. once the plates have been warmed you just rub them over the middle piece of your sink.after doing this I try to remember to flip them when using. no more curve.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2015, 12:02 PM   #1006  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
Oh my GOSH - don't be scared! It's the best thing ever - seriously...

I had one of the ones with the manufacturing defect and the company replaced it - like she said, it's easy for her and the manufacturer to spot. I was so sloowwwww to buy one (kicking myself) but I bought before the warranty as well. So go forth and play!

And next time someone starts a thread on something awesome, I'm not going to wait four freaking months (seriously) before I order it - I now know y'all are always right!!

I still have my ORIGINAL Big Shot cutting plates from 2009. They look like something from the zombie apocalypse, but they work like a charm - nothing stays new forever. I'm sort of proud of still using them all these years later.
You're so on target Lydia. My MISTI was purchased the 1st of September 2014, I use it nearly daily. I've had to slow down some, my DH is dependent on me right now. I now have a 2nd MISTI, and I'm in heaven! I'm so happy, because I'm able to work a little faster since time is a premium. For those who have thought about buying an extra one, do it if you can! I agree, Illiana does know how to spot manufacturing defects. I hope everyone just gets back to enjoying their wonderful MISTI.
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2015, 12:23 PM   #1007  
Kookie Creator

Default Zest It

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamphappy1650View Post
The Novus only cleaned light ink stains but didn't remove set in ink or glue.

Disclaimer - just because I'm doing this I'm not going to take any responsibility for ill effects but so far I haven't seen any cracks in my blocks. I didn't want to mention this because if someone has a problem I'd feel awful, but if you're brave, try Zest It pencil blend. I use it for the Gamsol technique and I clean my blocks, scissors, bone folder, desk top, self-healing mat and other things that get gunk and ink. It's a natural product and smells nice. I put in on a towel, rub off the gunk and then follow up twice with stamp cleaner. Zest It is oily so I make sure I get it completely off the item.

Zest It is a little pricey but it goes a long way. I particularly love the sponge jar for the Gamsol technique. A couple of years ago I bought the sponge jar and 500ml bottle and I'm just now needing to buy another refill.
Do you have any idea what the shipping might be from the UK? It doesn't give a quote.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2015, 12:29 PM   #1008  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by fionna51View Post
I started a Pinterest board for just MISTI video tutorials.
https://www.pinterest.com/fionna51/crafty-toolsmisti/
Thanks SO much!!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2015, 12:42 PM   #1009  
Gallery Gazer

Hey, everyone! I'm THRILLED that Kat is getting a new MISTI from a Good Samaritan - one more example of how AWESOME SCS is! I'm going to have to check out the Pinterest boards several of you have mentioned and watch some videos as well, it sounds like.

The REAL reason I jumped back into the conversation, though, is to reassure you that MISTI is not some completely delicate, fragile "toy", but an honest-to-goodness, hard-working TOOL! What happened to KAT was a freak thing, in my opinion, and there are always "bad batches" when something is manufactured/mass produced - these are the exceptions and NOT the rule (and, obviously, Iliana is being proactive in spotting and replacing defective items - kudos to her there).

I am NOT careful with my MISTI! I press HARD on the lid for some of the things that I'm doing, I don't support the lid with anything extra when I'm inking or removing stamps from it (although I am a bit careful), and if you saw how stained it was you'd probably cry. I've used archival ink A LOT with it, and it just doesn't come off very well. Do I care? Not one little tiny bit! I'm using it EXACTLY the way I intended to when I bought it, and I'll keep doing that until I can't anymore, either because I'm dead (and, even then, you'll probably have to pry it out of my hands) or because I managed to kill the poor thing! The really good news? I can get another one - hooray!

I guess what I'm saying is: use and love your MISTI and don't worry about/expect bad things to happen. The "bad things" are the exception, and you attract what you fear, anyway. Focus on the joys of USING that amazing thing, already! You're missing all the FUN!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2015, 12:49 PM   #1010  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh. My. Goodness. I just started the board I linked above about...maybe...10 days ago.

373 followers already!

(ETA...I looked at the list of who's following...I'm pretty sure a lot of them are on there because they follow me in general. I know some of them aren't MISTI users )
I'll stand with arms high and heart abandoned,
in awe of the One who gave it all.
I'll stand, my soul, Lord, to You surrendered,
all I am is Yours.

Last edited by fionna51; 03-08-2015 at 12:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2015, 04:07 PM   #1011  
Splitcoast Platinum Partner

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post
Hey, everyone! I'm THRILLED that Kat is getting a new MISTI from a Good Samaritan - one more example of how AWESOME SCS is! I'm going to have to check out the Pinterest boards several of you have mentioned and watch some videos as well, it sounds like.

The REAL reason I jumped back into the conversation, though, is to reassure you that MISTI is not some completely delicate, fragile "toy", but an honest-to-goodness, hard-working TOOL! What happened to KAT was a freak thing, in my opinion, and there are always "bad batches" when something is manufactured/mass produced - these are the exceptions and NOT the rule (and, obviously, Iliana is being proactive in spotting and replacing defective items - kudos to her there).

I am NOT careful with my MISTI! I press HARD on the lid for some of the things that I'm doing, I don't support the lid with anything extra when I'm inking or removing stamps from it (although I am a bit careful), and if you saw how stained it was you'd probably cry. I've used archival ink A LOT with it, and it just doesn't come off very well. Do I care? Not one little tiny bit! I'm using it EXACTLY the way I intended to when I bought it, and I'll keep doing that until I can't anymore, either because I'm dead (and, even then, you'll probably have to pry it out of my hands) or because I managed to kill the poor thing! The really good news? I can get another one - hooray!

I guess what I'm saying is: use and love your MISTI and don't worry about/expect bad things to happen. The "bad things" are the exception, and you attract what you fear, anyway. Focus on the joys of USING that amazing thing, already! You're missing all the FUN!!!
I am glad to hear that you are enjoying your MISTI.

Just so everyone knows, I told Kat123 that an anonymous person wanted to buy her one. She said to tell them thank you for the thought but she was planning to buy her own.

I invoiced her so that she could buy it a discount. Kat bought her 2nd MISTI.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2015, 04:54 PM   #1012  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixdogView Post
Do you have any idea what the shipping might be from the UK? It doesn't give a quote.
The shipping is HORRIBLE...more than the 500ml bottle. When I bought mine I got here in the US but apparently they went out of business. I'm having an email conversation with the company to see why it's so high. I'm used to high shipping cost whenever I order from the UK or CAN but it's never been more than the product. I'll come back and post what I found out.

I wonder if Citra Solv is the same? I have to do some research because I love the citrus smell.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2015, 05:23 PM   #1013  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by felixdogView Post
Is this what you're looking for? Looks like it's linseed oil.
Amazon.com: Zest-It Linseed Stand Oil 125ml
Amazon has it for $6.57 + $6.98 shipping. I see what you mean about shipping. Why this? Why not just buy linseed oil? I'd be afraid to use this on my MISTI. I'm wondering about damage over time, just my opinion.

Last edited by Annecards; 03-08-2015 at 05:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2015, 05:51 PM   #1014  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnecardsView Post
Is this what you're looking for? Looks like it's linseed oil.
Amazon.com: Zest-It Linseed Stand Oil 125ml
Amazon has it for $6.57 + $6.98 shipping. I see what you mean about shipping. Why this? Why not just buy linseed oil? I'd be afraid to use this on my MISTI. I'm wondering about damage over time, just my opinion.
I don't think your link is to the same product that I use. I use the pencil blend that is a citrus extract not the linseed oil. I wouldn't use linseed oil either.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2015, 05:54 PM   #1015  
Glitter Queen

Heart Good Samaritan

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlianaMyskaView Post

Just so everyone knows, I told Kat123 that an anonymous person wanted to buy her one. She said to tell them thank you for the thought but she was planning to buy her own.

I wanted the person to know who made the offer to buy me a replacement misti that I thought it was an incredibly kind offer. Thank you so very much!
I have room in my March budget to replace it. So I want you to use your money on something you need. God bless you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2015, 06:42 PM   #1016  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

I don't think your link is to the same product that I use. I use the pencil blend that is a citrus extract not the linseed oil. I wouldn't use linseed oil either.
You are correct, I found the pencil blend. It's only sold in the UK. I'm sure it's probably been tried, but what about baby oil? I've not had issues with stains, but I clean with an alcohol free baby wipe and use Novus, as recommended by Iliana. Sounds like Zest It works better than gamsol with wax based pencils.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2015, 06:58 PM   #1017  

Quote:

I wonder if Citra Solv is the same? I have to do some research because I love the citrus smell.

Nooooo CitraSolv is a much harsher solvent. I wouldn't get that anywhere near your art (or your face). I used it to take off this unbelievable superglue type substance in the drawers of the card catalog I remodeled. It's also combustible.

Love Splitcoast?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2015, 07:00 PM   #1018  

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnecardsView Post
Sounds like Zest It works better than gamsol with wax based pencils.
It does - I love it. There's a thread on that topic here: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...l-t596717

Love Splitcoast?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2015, 07:30 PM   #1019  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default you are so kind to give Kat a discount

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlianaMyskaView Post

On her replacement MISTI. You rock Miss Iliana!
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-08-2015, 07:34 PM   #1020  
Stazon Splitcoast

Default maybe you can give

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregzgurlView Post

Me some pointers on the MISTI when you come to stamp. I look forward to meeting you and enjoying some stamping time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2015, 06:54 AM   #1021  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I stamp with black Stazon or Ranger Archival, I IMMEDIATELY clean the MISTI lid with Stazon cleaner followed by an alcohol-free baby wipe. I've had my MISTI since end of August, use it daily, would give up most any tool before giving up my MISTI. It still is as clean as new.The clean up job is minimal. Most of the time a baby wipe does it.

HOWEVER, I'm pretty careful about inking my stamps so very little ink gets on MISTI.(I'm lazy and hurried and hate reinking my ink pads) I hold the lid in the palm of my left hand, tilted up so I can see where the ink pad is hitting the stamp. The beauty of the MISTI is that you can stamp again, if you didn't fully ink the stamp, which has only happened twice.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2015, 07:24 AM   #1022  
Stazon Splitcoast

How about stamping on glossy CS without worrying about smearing the image. Lovin' it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2015, 09:40 AM   #1023  
Insane Embellisher

Hmmm, I made Christmas cards using Stazon on acetate and I had horrible problems with smearing. Would a MISTI solve that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaniebean55View Post
How about stamping on glossy CS without worrying about smearing the image. Lovin' it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2015, 09:48 AM   #1024  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by DianneB1030View Post
Hmmm, I made Christmas cards using Stazon on acetate and I had horrible problems with smearing. Would a MISTI solve that?
The only smearing on acetate I've had with the MISTI is when I pressed too hard on the stamp. If the acetate is nestled securely and I use a lighter touch, it's been great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2015, 10:13 AM   #1025  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 62 Likes on 39 Posts

Well I'm unsubbing. Reading these posts only makes me want the thing more and she doesn't take checks. Enjoy your Misti!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2015, 10:44 AM   #1026  
Embossing Fanatic

Default coupons?

Does anyone know of any coupon codes for free shipping on the Misti? I found a code and it does not work
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2015, 10:45 AM   #1027  

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaniebean55View Post

WHOAAA - I hadn't thought of that!!

Love Splitcoast?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2015, 10:50 AM   #1028  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
Well I'm unsubbing. Reading these posts only makes me want the thing more and she doesn't take checks. Enjoy your Misti!
First up, I don't want to be an enabler. I live on a crazy tight budget and it breaks my heart when I see folk who ignore their budget and get into trouble, so for whatever reason people decide not to buy this tool or any other stampin' lovely that seems to call your name when your budget says 'not right now', I applaud you!

That said ... if you're uncomfortable buying online with a credit card, go buy a VISA type gift card with the amount you will need and use that. You can pick them up in all sorts of places, buy them with cash and you're good to go. They work just like a credit card when purchasing things online, and once the amount is used up, it's done. (and if you have some left over, you can run it out at the grocery store or wherever else you shop.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2015, 11:34 AM   #1029  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by corebearView Post
Does anyone know of any coupon codes for free shipping on the Misti? I found a code and it does not work
There are currently no coupons or codes for the MISTI.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2015, 12:40 PM   #1030  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
for some reason I thought stazon cleaner was a no-no for all plastics.
I thought the same thing. Here's simething I found on the Internet about the cleaner.

"It's actually the stazon cleaner that seem to damage the acrylic stamps so as long as you dunk them into soapy water after you've cleaned them with the stazon cleaner you'll be fine. That if you use the stazon cleaner if you're clean them straight away as PennyD says you should be able to get rid of the stazon ink even without using the stazon cleaner so again soapy water will do the trick. As for other inks I find that the Rangers acrylic cleaner is very good."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2015, 09:14 PM   #1031  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscratView Post
I believe very few online companies take checks these days, in fact they seem to be quickly becoming a very obsolete payment method online and off. I have used both debit and credit cards online for years with zero problems-and both have protections built in to help in case something happens, so there is no liability and no reason to be at all afraid. I The prepaid Visa is also a very good idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2015, 09:36 PM   #1032  
Gallery Gazer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Before I had my MISTI, I was ready to toss out my silhouette-types of stamps as I could NEVER get a good image from any of them. It didn't matter whether I stamped with a clear or rubber stamp - & it didn't matter what black ink I used either - & using a stamp-positioner was fiddly and I would often move the image slightly when re-stamping and it was in the bin . I tried sanding my stamps, cleaning them - nope, nothing worked!

Over the past week, I dragged out my silhouette stamps and used them with the MISTI - and of course, I didn't get a clear image the first time - but I could re-ink and stamp the image again and again till I was happy with the coverage. LOOK - this is me -----> No more-----> I am so glad that I bought my MISTI - it solves so many problems for me and takes away alot of frustration! If I ever came to the USA (I am in Australia) and saw Iliana from Sweet Petunia in person, I would (hug) her for creating such a fantastic tool.

Last edited by JoBear2; 03-09-2015 at 09:42 PM.. Reason: grammar error & I left out a word
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2015, 10:09 PM   #1033  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Make it a group hug.... Iliana if you are reading this, I am a mature age orphan and available for adoption. Your kiddlywinks must be sooooooo proud of you!!!

Please don't take your organs to heaven - heaven knows we need them here.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-09-2015, 11:51 PM   #1034  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoBear2View Post
Before I had my MISTI, I was ready to toss out my silhouette-types of stamps as I could NEVER get a good image from any of them. It didn't matter whether I stamped with a clear or rubber stamp - & it didn't matter what black ink I used either - & using a stamp-positioner was fiddly and I would often move the image slightly when re-stamping and it was in the bin . I tried sanding my stamps, cleaning them - nope, nothing worked!

Over the past week, I dragged out my silhouette stamps and used them with the MISTI - and of course, I didn't get a clear image the first time - but I could re-ink and stamp the image again and again till I was happy with the coverage. LOOK - this is me -----> No more-----> I am so glad that I bought my MISTI - it solves so many problems for me and takes away alot of frustration! If I ever came to the USA (I am in Australia) and saw Iliana from Sweet Petunia in person, I would (hug) her for creating such a fantastic tool.
Me too. This is also why I bought a MISTI. I have Silhouette, background and clear photopolymer stamps that I could never get to stamp a crisp image. I have tried them with the MISTI and they all come out solid as intended .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2015, 03:51 AM   #1035  
Kookie Creator

Not MISTI related but... You gotta learn to live a little! I read about so many people on here afraid to use their MISTI and afraid to use credit cards and on and on. Read up all you can, take a deep breath, and jump in! There are risks with everything we do in life. There are various stats, but to give you an idea in the US more than half of car crashes occur within five miles from home, and in the UK one in three car accidents happen within a mile from home. You're not going to let that stop you from leaving your house, right? Regarding credit card fraud, here's a Canadian statistic: By the end of 2009, approximately 69.7 million credit cards were in circulation across the country. Of those, 541,580 accounts were compromised, which represent a small percentage (0.77%). I'm sure that's gone up, but I've also never known anybody who has taken a personal financial loss... pain in the butt, yes; but their CC company has always covered any loss.

Carpe diem folks, carpe diem!!!

p.s. I don't mean this as a criticism of anybody at all, please don't take this personally! I respect people's points of view, one way or another. I've just had a surplus of negativity today, so I thought I'd bring Pollyanna out to play.

My blog: Organized Craft Chaos | My Etsy supplies shop
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2015, 06:24 AM   #1036  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara JayView Post
Me too. This is also why I bought a MISTI. I have Silhouette, background and clear photopolymer stamps that I could never get to stamp a crisp image. I have tried them with the MISTI and they all come out solid as intended .
I bought the MISTI for background and silhouette stamps as well but also because I always had trouble with 2-step stamping using rubber cling stamps. I had a stamp set for years that I could NEVER get to line up properly. I was sent the video on MISTI 2-step stamping (with rubber cling stamps) by Jennifer and it was great. I dragged out that set and it worked perfectly using the information from the video. this is truly the greatest crafting tool out there. I enjoy stamping so much more because I don't have to "redo" so many cards because the stamping images didn't come out right the first time. It's everything it's been said to be!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2015, 06:43 AM   #1037  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScottitudeView Post
Not MISTI related but... You gotta learn to live a little! I read about so many people on here afraid to use their MISTI and afraid to use credit cards and on and on. Read up all you can, take a deep breath, and jump in! There are risks with everything we do in life. There are various stats, but to give you an idea in the US more than half of car crashes occur within five miles from home, and in the UK one in three car accidents happen within a mile from home. You're not going to let that stop you from leaving your house, right? Regarding credit card fraud, here's a Canadian statistic: By the end of 2009, approximately 69.7 million credit cards were in circulation across the country. Of those, 541,580 accounts were compromised, which represent a small percentage (0.77%). I'm sure that's gone up, but I've also never known anybody who has taken a personal financial loss... pain in the butt, yes; but their CC company has always covered any loss.

Carpe diem folks, carpe diem!!!

p.s. I don't mean this as a criticism of anybody at all, please don't take this personally! I respect people's points of view, one way or another. I've just had a surplus of negativity today, so I thought I'd bring Pollyanna out to play.
I'm sending your post to my daughter, because you surely must be talking about her. She's afraid to fly, sure the big earthquake is coming when she is visiting, and absolutely horrified that I buy online. I think she's worried about her inheritance.
I just had to add, she's made me promise I'll never join one of those online dating services if I should become single, or befriend some "catfish" out there. I assured her I am never getting married again. I have a wonderful husband and there's not a man out there that could ever match him.

Last edited by Annecards; 03-10-2015 at 06:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2015, 07:51 AM   #1038  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Mascoutah, Illinois, Living In My Own Home Finally!!-Hibiscus from my backyard in Hawaii

I have had my credit/debit compromised three times. Each time my bank was able to stop any transactions that would have taken place.

Once was an online problem(this I had to submit paper work for, little charges for music around $50) and the other two where from Target and a Schnucks Grocery store. For these local problems my bank stopped any threat to my card before it happened.

You don't have to have a problem ordering online, you can have a problem in a local store.

I have a wonderful bank that keeps an eye on my cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2015, 11:27 AM   #1039  
Die Cut Diva

I have also had my Credit Card hacked 3 times. It was hacked I got a new card- It was hacked again- and then again . Each time the bank was great and I did not have to pay the fraudulent charges. I never have used my cc locally so it was stolen on line .

However, I spent considerable time straightening things out. I had to file police reports and send them to all 3 Credit reporting agencies.

I had my card on file for the monthly premium for my prescription drug insurance ; I had to leave a cc on file to pay for my mail order prescriptions and I had a Silhouette ( Cameo) subscription that was billed monthly to my CC. All of these had to be contacted with the new card number each time it happened. Plus the minute the bank knew my card had been compromised they cancelled it and I had an order at Amazon that had not yet been billed and I had to contact them with the new CC number.

I now pay $13 a month for a CC monitoring service.

So it is really more than just a temporary inconvenience. I fully understand those who are reluctant to use a credit or debit card on line . I buy a Postal Money order or bank cashiers check for any company I am not comfortable has tight security on their web site .

Yes everything is a risk, but it is also naive not to take precautions .

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-10-2015, 12:32 PM   #1040  
Stazon Splitcoast

Thank you all so much for all of the great information on this thread. After reading through it all, and a week of deliberation, I am ready to place an order for the MISTI!

On the subject of CC and internet: This past December I had two different credit cards with fraudulent activity- two different banks, but both caught immediately on the day of the activity by the bank. The first was the one I used for internet purchases. So after that one was closed, I started using a second one (I was buying a lot for christmas!) and a week later, that one was hit. It can be a hassle - but here is what I do to protect myself from too much hassle... First, I NEVER use my debit card online - I don't want any fraudulent charge to deplete my checking account even temporarily. All of my bills are paid via my banks bill pay service. I have one credit card for any monthly recurring charges, and I don't use it for on-line purchases. I have a second card I use only for on-line purchases. And that is the card I am going to use to buy my MISTI

My blog: Tails in the stamp room
Reply With Quote Likes