Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-24-2014, 10:25 AM   #441  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi! Someone gave me the heads up on this post, so I thought I would pop in. I, like many bloggers, do receive some product for free. But I am NEVER obligated to use nor do I use it if I don't like it. Iliana reached out to me for advice long ago on her product. I have helped and given advice and adore her. She is a dear person and I am so very proud of her and her product. I even put her in contact with an industry person who I trust to help her protect her great product. I USE her MISTI because it ROCKS.
As for mass-production, I do not sell my cards and only give them to people so it works great for me for that.
As for calling someone out, I honestly have NO idea who or what comment that is - honestly. I just often remind people that I only use what I love - simple as that. I do have a disclosure on my blog saying some of the products I get for free, some I buy, etc.
I know of the laws and work with a lawyer. I promise I am very careful to be honest on what I like. And to help out the good people in this industry, like Iliana. I believe in her product.
Thanks! xo
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2014, 10:35 AM   #442  
Cardstock Collector

Oh, and Annecards is right - I have a pile of comments that I haven't gone through (it has been a busy few weeks) and I miss a lot of them. In fact, I have someone who I hire to So I can assure you I have no idea! I just don't work that way. I would have emailed you personally.
off to wrap gifts!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2014, 10:38 AM   #443  
Kookie Creator

I think some people are good at frugality, others not so much. I can't tell you the amount of money I've wasted trying to recreate stuff. As a rule of thumb now, if I already have the supplies at home, or if I can get them at the dollar store, I'll give it a whirl. Otherwise I end up spending more money than it would have cost to just buy the darned thing (not to mention frustration!)

As for Misti, definitely on my wishlist. I've watched various videos, and it's a no brainer that it's a good investment. In the meantime, I found a brand new Fiskars stamp press for $7 on Craigslist to help me with my wobbly stamping hands.

My blog: Organized Craft Chaos | My Etsy supplies shop
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2014, 11:10 AM   #444  
Cardstock Collector

Whew! Just read through this thread. (Sorry - I don't come here often but I have it on my to-do list in the new year.)
I want to say one more thing: I did NOT receive MISTI as payment for a promotion. Iliana sent me one long ago as she was looking for advice, etc. She never asked me to use and I never said I would. I tried to help her as much as I could (hoping I was helpful!) and put her in contact with a few people I trust in the industry. She has such a good idea and heart - I wanted to help her and protect her.
Once I finally used it, I loved it. But I didn't share in videos for a long time because I wanted to wait until she had a manufacturer. Once she did, I was able to share.
In fact, I like it so much, I plan to buy another so I can have two going at once! (Colin is in the process of stealing mine - it helps him with his stamping sooooo much!)
Anyway, I promise my use of the product was because I love it. And Iliana just is a dear. I am soooo happy to see so many people hear agreeing that her product is great.
BTW, I will be extremely disappointed if any company comes out with a product likes hers. I may go all "protective bear" lol.
ok off to celebrate christmas eve... and my mom's bday!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #445  
Stazon Splitcoast

Kind of off topic, but on the subject of being frugal ... I think one of the dumbest ones I ever did was make my own glue dots. Of course, I got the idea from a thread on here. After I did it, I had to laugh. All that work instead of spending a few bucks on a box of glue dots wasn't the brightest things I ever spent my time on. lmbo
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2014, 07:22 PM   #446  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Hello and Merry Christmas!

Just a reminder that our site posting rules prohibit making any person the subject of a negative post, and it's our most important rule.

Feel free to discuss the topic to your heart's content, but don't discuss people if you have something negative to say, or you will jeopardize your account on Splitcoast.

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2014, 07:35 PM   #447  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnderstandBlueView Post
Hello and Merry Christmas!

Just a reminder that our site posting rules prohibit making any person the subject of a negative post, and it's our most important rule.

Feel free to discuss the topic to your heart's content, but don't discuss people if you have something negative to say, or you will jeopardize your account on Splitcoast.
Please explain, and I apologize if you think I was negative to anyone. I thought another commenter was negative and I felt the need to defend someone else. I hope you can be more specific about this, as I love this forum and I hope I was not out of line.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-24-2014, 11:40 PM   #448  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by InThayneCropperView Post
Please explain, and I apologize if you think I was negative to anyone. I thought another commenter was negative and I felt the need to defend someone else. I hope you can be more specific about this, as I love this forum and I hope I was not out of line.
I'm sure you're okay. We can get a little tetchy at times about subjects we're passionate about. I think it's more along the lines of saying stuff like "Scottitude/Kim is a big meanie"... you get what I mean, right? (Nobody called me a meanie, lol just an example).

Merry Christmas all, and I hope there will be lots of MISTIs under the tree.

My blog: Organized Craft Chaos | My Etsy supplies shop
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2014, 05:51 PM   #449  
Matboard Maniac

I was ready to places my order today and saw that the order will now be filled in 4 to 6 weeks. Wow.

Will this product get presented at CHA next month?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2014, 06:18 PM   #450  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by MzteazeView Post
I was ready to places my order today and saw that the order will now be filled in 4 to 6 weeks. Wow.

Anything is possible but that would surprise me since orders are piling up, even with a manufacturer. The pre order date changed from Dec. 30 to Jan. 5 to Jan 30 one day this past week then same day or day later changed to 4 - 6 weeks. I read somewhere on her Facebook page that the manufacturer is having problems keeping up with demand..that is paraphrased..couldn't find the exact post.

They are still handmade and I guess labor intensive. If I didm't already have mine and really wanted one I would just bite the bullet and order so I was at least in line to get one.

SSS had some for $70 but they sold out too. I don't know what her answer is to be able to keep up with demand but I'm glad this appears to be a successful endeavor for her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2014, 06:34 PM   #451  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Don't know. Traditionally it seems CHA is a vendor's market for wholesalers to shop to stock, and I wonder if you have to sign up as a vendor a bazillion years ago etc.

It would definitely be the star of CHA for the stamping world.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-25-2014, 08:48 PM   #452  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnecardsView Post
Kristin, I'm just wondering why you thought edited post was directed at you. She gets thousands of comments, so she could've been directing it to anyone. She may have just felt the need to let her viewers know. I just don't see, I found her post, where she mentioned you or anyone else for that matter.
I have been strongly reprimanded for my initial reply and honesty (I did say I own it). I didn't want you to think I had ignored your question, but I don't feel that I can address it fully without it being misconstrued again. In short, I asked the original question "if the product was given free of charge" which many were offended by. The instagram notation seemed to originate from my initial question. The rest has snowballed from there. There is no direct mention or contact off this thread and hasn't been until my reprimand and I included Iliana and Jennifer in my personal message apology to Lydia.

I have no problem with endorsements, FoC, or any person etc. I just asked so I could make my own personal assessment with full information. The information was forthcoming but then it took on a life of its own.

My intentions by asking for clarifications were never negative and I honestly am very hurt that they have been seen that way. And again I feel I can't say enough, I apologized for the one post but didn't want to upset the person who responded by deleting it. Maybe I would do that differently eh?!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2014, 05:16 AM   #453  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Back to discussing the tool in question please.

Thanks.

My Gallery |My Blog | My Videos |
Love Splitcoast?
Help us love our volunteers by shopping at Amazon

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2014, 07:07 AM   #454  
Crimping Master

Jennifer McGuire just commented on a thread I started....excuse me while I stop drooling. If that was because of you Kristen....thanks!!!! Lol intent and tone, as we all know, is hard to interpret in text. MISTI is awesome....and it just survived being ran over!! How my stamping stuff always ends up behind my car...I'll never know. Here's to all the busy stamping moms!! Happy Holidays!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2014, 02:53 PM   #455  
Embossing Fanatic

The MISTI saved the day for me again today. I was making a retirement card and using a new Avery Elle pigment ink pad that I just got from Ellen Hutson. (Sorry to name drop, but I just LOVE Ellen Hutson!) I pieced together three parts of a sentiment for the inside and thought my stamps were covered, but I had to restamp. No problem with the MISTI, even without a magnet. I really do need to order a magnet and probably some cleaner, so I am off to the Sweet Petunia site. I really love this tool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-26-2014, 07:52 PM   #456  
Kookie Creator

I've been following them this thread off and on - saw Jennifer Maguire demo it and bit the dust and just ordered mine...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2014, 08:57 AM   #457  
Glitter Queen

Money Saver on the bandwagon

I spend more time lurking here, on youtube, and following my favorite bloggers but decided to jump in on this one.

I was introduced to the MISTI from Jennifer's "favorite things 2014" and haven't been able to stop thinking about it. Yes, Jennifer is to blame for MUCH damage to my pocket book ....but I have been VERY satisfied with every single thing I have ordered after seeing her demo it.

I just this moment got through ordering my MISTI and am hoping for closer to 4 weeks rather than 6....Happy Valentines Day to ME

I LOVE Jennifer, and all of her "friends" she has introduced me to....like Kristen, Ellen, Simon, PTI....but we will just have to keep all these new friends our little secret from the hubby LOL....I'll do my part sneak all those packages in when he isn't looking

I also want to say how much I love coming here and getting honest feedback (both the good and bad) on products before spending my crafting $$
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2014, 10:26 AM   #458  
Matboard Maniac

MISTI came to my rescue this year with Christmas cards. It's the first time since I'm stamping that I made all 101 of my cards!! I usually get so tired that I stop midway and run out and buy boxed cards for the rest. This year everyone on our list got a handmade card and I felt so good about it. Couldn't do it without my MISTI and it didn't take as long.
Thank Iliana!!!

Happy New Year to all!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2014, 03:09 PM   #459  
Matboard Maniac

I think it's a great item but I would rather not have to wait for nearly 2 months before she ships. I plan to purchase one but I will wait until she gets her manufacturing process streamlined so it doesn't take months to get. I wish her all the best.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2014, 03:19 PM   #460  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by RachelroseView Post
I think the magnets are to keep cardstock in place when you don't want to place it flush against the corner for some reason. It keeps the cardstock from moving.

This is very clever. The shimming thing would drive me insane, though. She seems to have to adjust that constantly.
The magnets would be great for keeping small pieces of paper in place while trying to stamp; a problem I have with the stamp-a-majig: get it all lined up, remove the stamp-a-majig acetate sheet and the piece of paper moves so I usually have to tape the paper to my counter. I like the fact that you can restamp if the image doesn't stamp properly; no matter how careful I am, I can never get it lined back up exactly.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2014, 04:54 PM   #461  
Polyshrink Goddess

I really didn't know who Jennifer McGuire was until this thread. I just visited her blog and think I might become a follower. Lots of neat ideas and information.

http://darlenemcg.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2014, 05:53 PM   #462  
Stazon Splitcoast

And here I thought I was the only one in the universe who didn't know who Jennifer McGuire was. lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-27-2014, 06:22 PM   #463  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by grateful2bsavedView Post
And here I thought I was the only one in the universe who didn't know who Jennifer McGuire was. lol
Jennifer is wonderful. Check out Jennifers YouTube videos, I know you and others will love her too. What I love about her the most is that she does not review products she does not love.I have purchased so many wonderful products based solely on her recommendation. She is so talented, I don't know how she comes up with so many fabulous cards and techniques. She is truly gifted. She said in one of her videos she goes to sleep thinking of new card designs and techniques.
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2014, 03:35 PM   #464  
Matboard Maniac

Well I officially placed my order today. I should get it in 6 to 8 weeks. Yippee!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-31-2014, 04:14 PM   #465  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Well I officially placed my order today. I should get it in 6 to 8 weeks. Yippee!!!
You won't regret it. Based on her blog post she's hoping it won't take that long. Let us know what you think when you get it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 11:08 AM   #466  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Swapper of the Month June 2012

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been lurking this thread and decided this tool is a must have! Just placed my order!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 11:31 AM   #467  
Insane Embellisher

My BFF and I are waiting until next week to buy each other's Christmas gifts (ran out of money by the time we were done buying family gifts). I am getting her a hand crafted pen from a little shop near by (she's a writer) and she's ordering me a MISTI ! SO EXCITED!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 11:07 PM   #468  
Compulsive Stamper

I bought my Misti and one for my daughter for Christmas. I played with it a while the day I got it. Daughter was supposed to come in the next couple of days and I had things to do so I put mine away so she wouldn't see it and ruin her surprise. Well she, her husband and son got the flu and didn't get to come until yesterday. She didn't know this product existed and is thrilled to be the first in her crowd to have one. lol Now she can't wait to go home to play. I have to keep mine put away again until they leave tomorrow. She loved what I showed her. She is a CTMH rep and luckily she has their stamp cleaner brush thingie. She is supposed to do 100 thank you cards and said she was dreading it but now can't wait.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2015, 02:18 AM   #469  
Cardstock Collector

I think this is my first post in this forum, but I've been lurking for quite a while - and I am so glad I found this thread about MISTI! I pre-ordered in late November, and finally today my MISTI arrived - I am from Germany, so it took a while for the parcel to be shipped. Today I went to pick up my MISTI at the customs and after opening the package I had to explain to the officer what a MISTI is and why I need those magnets

I am glad the MISTI + supplements survived the long voyage (everything was packed very well, thanks Iliana!!). I already did a quick test, and it works like a charm!
So YES, the MISTI is worth the money and worth the wait! Happy New Year to everyone
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2015, 05:09 AM   #470  
Stampin' Fool

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnjouliView Post
I think this is my first post in this forum, but I've been lurking for quite a while - and I am so glad I found this thread about MISTI! I pre-ordered in late November, and finally today my MISTI arrived - I am from Germany, so it took a while for the parcel to be shipped. Today I went to pick up my MISTI at the customs and after opening the package I had to explain to the officer what a MISTI is and why I need those magnets

I am glad the MISTI + supplements survived the long voyage (everything was packed very well, thanks Iliana!!). I already did a quick test, and it works like a charm!
So YES, the MISTI is worth the money and worth the wait! Happy New Year to everyone
Welcome to SCS, Anjouli!! Glad to hear MISTI had safe travels all the way to Germany! We'd love to get to know you...keep posting!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2015, 07:50 AM   #471  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected]View Post
She is supposed to do 100 thank you cards and said she was dreading it but now can't wait.
I always dread making a bunch of cards at a time but I'm looking forward to the ease that MISTI seems to provide when mass producing. I ordered mine in mid December and I'm so hoping it gets here before the end of the month. I'm leaving for a 4 day crop and I'm actually looking forward to making nothing but cards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2015, 09:34 AM   #472  
Insane Embellisher

I ordered mine. And was bummed out that it will take 6-8 weeks. So I won't see it till Feb. Frustrating...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2015, 12:00 PM   #473  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected]View Post
I bought my Misti and one for my daughter for Christmas. I played with it a while the day I got it. Daughter was supposed to come in the next couple of days and I had things to do so I put mine away so she wouldn't see it and ruin her surprise. Well she, her husband and son got the flu and didn't get to come until yesterday. She didn't know this product existed and is thrilled to be the first in her crowd to have one. lol Now she can't wait to go home to play. I have to keep mine put away again until they leave tomorrow. She loved what I showed her. She is a CTMH rep and luckily she has their stamp cleaner brush thingie. She is supposed to do 100 thank you cards and said she was dreading it but now can't wait.
I ordered one of those CTMH stamp cleaner brushes and it works great! I wish I would have known about them a long time ago! Enjoy your MISTI... you will love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2015, 12:51 PM   #474  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by CinnistewView Post
I ordered one of those CTMH stamp cleaner brushes and it works great! I wish I would have known about them a long time ago! Enjoy your MISTI... you will love it!

Can you order on line or do you have to have a demo? Looked at their website but couldn't find an online store. There isn't a demo closet enough to me to deliver one item and I don't drive. TFYH
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2015, 03:47 PM   #475  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazysuziestamperView Post
Can you order on line or do you have to have a demo? Looked at their website but couldn't find an online store. There isn't a demo closet enough to me to deliver one item and I don't drive. TFYH
I just located a local demo on their website and ordered from her website. It was shipped to my house straight from CTMH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2015, 06:13 PM   #476  
Cardstock Collector

Good gracious. I just read all 13 pages of this thread and I have one question - is the bottom surface of MISTI a textured grid, like a Scor-Pal?

I am brand new to stamping, I only have a few sets of photopolymer stamps so far, and if the inside is like a Scor-Pal, then holy smokes, a bunch of stuff can get returned or sold once (if) I order a MISTI.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-02-2015, 06:21 PM   #477  
Cardstock Collector

Annnnd I just answered my own question. Never mind!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2015, 04:29 PM   #478  
Inking Addict

Argh! You are all a bunch of enablers! This looks so great. I have some Christmas money waiting to be spent but I told myself that I couldn't buy any new stamping toys for awhile after getting my Scan N Cut. The fact that the reviews are so great is making me think I need to order this now and with it being on backorder I might get it in late February
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-04-2015, 05:15 PM   #479  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilyzeeView Post
Argh! You are all a bunch of enablers! This looks so great. I have some Christmas money waiting to be spent but I told myself that I couldn't buy any new stamping toys for awhile after getting my Scan N Cut. The fact that the reviews are so great is making me think I need to order this now and with it being on backorder I might get it in late February
Go for it! It's the best stamping tool investment I've ever made. Don't know how I ever stamped without it. Has saved me a bunch of card stock already being able to stamp right over an image that didn't come out quite right the first time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-05-2015, 06:26 AM   #480  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLPearson79View Post
Good gracious. I just read all 13 pages of this thread and I have one question - is the bottom surface of MISTI a textured grid, like a Scor-Pal?

I am brand new to stamping, I only have a few sets of photopolymer stamps so far, and if the inside is like a Scor-Pal, then holy smokes, a bunch of stuff can get returned or sold once (if) I order a MISTI.
No, the bottom is a smooth surface (and also magnetic), so you will probably need your scor-pal, although many people use the channel from their paper trimmer to score, so you still may not need your scor-pal if you mainly use it to fold cards.
Reply With Quote Likes