Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-01-2014, 01:41 PM   #361  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
Not to rain on the parade but that is a paid endorsement. I'm sure Jennifer wouldn't have endorsed the product if she didn't like it but it is still paid for with the product. TBH I hold more stock in the length of the thread here and the stampers here who will tell the good and the bad and had to buy the product themselves to find out.

And yes, I follow Jennifer McGuire's blog and youtube channels so I am not anti anything.
I have to totally disagree with you on this one. Jennifer often promote products that she is not paid for, and she has stated that and other videos. She even stated that she loved the product, but did not want to review the Mistie until Iliana was able to meet the demand. Either way it really doesn't matter, because Mistie made Jennifer's favorite tools 2014. She promotes many products, but few make it to her yearly favorites list. I'm not surprised, because the owners of the Mistie have nothing but positive things to say.
A Cardmaking Journey in Progress
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #362  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnecardsView Post
I have to totally disagree with you on this one. Jennifer often promote products that she is not paid for, and she has stated that and other videos. She even stated that she loved the product, but did not want to review the Mistie until Iliana was able to meet the demand. Either way it really doesn't matter, because Mistie made Jennifer's favorite tools 2014. She promotes many products, but few make it to her yearly favorites list. I'm not surprised, because the owners of the Mistie have nothing but positive things to say.
Absolutely agree with your response. The MISTI was on her favorites for the year, and you could tell Jennifer is as genuine in her love for this product as the rest of us are. I just don't get some people's sour view of things. I guess it takes all kinds!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 02:48 PM   #363  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by InThayneCropperView Post
Absolutely agree with your response. The MISTI was on her favorites for the year, and you could tell Jennifer is as genuine in her love for this product as the rest of us are. I just don't get some people's sour view of things. I guess it takes all kinds!
I agree. My thought was how does anyone know, except Iliana & JM, whether she paid for it or not?...that's between them and is NOMB. Either way I don't believe JM would endorse a product that was not worthy. IMO
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 02:52 PM   #364  
Splitcoast Platinum Partner

Quote:

Not to rain on the parade but that is a paid endorsement. I'm sure Jennifer wouldn't have endorsed the product if she didn't like it but it is still paid for with the product. TBH I hold more stock in the length of the thread here and the stampers here who will tell the good and the bad and had to buy the product themselves to find out.

And yes, I follow Jennifer McGuire's blog and youtube channels so I am not anti anything.
I did not pay her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #365  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

There is nothing to disagree with -

Jennifer received the product free in return for promotion. She didn't pay for it.

The bonus is that she loves it and is willing to endorse it for Iliana. But it is and will always be a paid for endorsement unless Jennifer had bought the product.

I have always said it seems it great product and I am glad you agree that it is the testimonial of the actual, not paid for endorsement, owners with all their positive feedback that is the biggest sway with their positive posts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 02:56 PM   #366  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlianaMyskaView Post
I did not pay her.
Did she buy MISTI?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 02:58 PM   #367  

She offered to buy one but I would not let her.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 03:00 PM   #368  

Quote:

Did she buy MISTI?
Have you bought one?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 03:01 PM   #369  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

She offered to buy one but I would not let her.
That's great, but it still classifies it as payment. It is a receipt of product in exchange for services. AND people do it all the time and it is a smart move for your excellent product, some people will only buy if a name endorses a product so you really are getting the best of both because your "non-celebrity" owners love the product too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 03:02 PM   #370  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Have you bought one?
I'm very close to hitting the button - just got to get my ducks in a row!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 03:06 PM   #371  

Quote:

That's great, but it still classifies it as payment. It is a receipt of product in exchange for services. AND people do it all the time and it is a smart move for your excellent product, some people will only buy if a name endorses a product so you really are getting the best of both because your "non-celebrity" owners love the product too!
I never asked her to do a video. I asked her to speak to Hero Arts on my behalf in search of a manufacturer. I could not get passed the receptionist. I asked her to try it so that she could speak honestly to them about it. I sent her a laser etched one months ago. She asked me if she could include it in her favorite things. I just got lucky. I appreciate your candor.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 04:19 PM   #372  
Hardware Hotshot

I have bought one. I wasn't convinced, but I happened on the thread one night that stated they were available so I pressed the button. I am happy with the product. I see my main use will be matching stamps to die-cuts.

That said, I do agree, the unpaid endorsements in this thread did much more to convince me to purchase a Misti than anyone else's might.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.
― Spider Robinson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 04:19 PM   #373  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by InThayneCropperView Post
Although some may perceive the comments as sour grapes, I think it should be taken as a compliment that the endorsement of stampers who have purchased it outright is preferred by some. It's not a criticism of JM or Iliana or anyone else. It's just a point of view. Personally, if someone said to me "I prefer your opinion of a product over that of Celebrity X, Y or Z", I'd be tickled pink!

My blog: Organized Craft Chaos | My Etsy supplies shop
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 06:14 PM   #374  
Matboard Maniac

Getting a MISTI is at the top of my list. Just waiting to save up enough funds for it. Also, I'm hoping that my gamble on waiting til January to place an order won't be in vain. Please save me one Iliana...lol.

I completely understand WHY some might have mixed feelings about an "endorsement" from a YT personality. There has been a growing problem with many YT "personalities" crossing over from reviews made because of their love for a product into outright "staged" advertisement. Many times it gets really difficult to decide if they are honestly suggesting great products or simply auditioning for the jump from YT to national adwork.

I really appreciate the fact that Iliana has provided additional details about the interaction. I honestly enjoyed the videos that Jennifer has prepared and felt like she did a real "solid" by promoting MISTI without overhyping the product. Plus, having a person with 50K of followers provides great traffic towards a product that might have been overlooked by a larger audience.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 09:38 PM   #375  
Crimping Master

I think the thing that most people that are on the fence (for whatever reason) is that there has yet to be a negative review by the people that actually own and use theirs.

I am glad Iliana made Jennifer's Favorite Crafty Things list... and as far as Jennifer getting paid or not it's really no ones business. It's a smart business move for Iliana... a free MISTI for the exposure on Jennifer's blog is awesome. I am very happy for her! Jennifer has enabled me more than a few times!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2014, 11:26 PM   #376  
Matboard Maniac

Some people prefer/trust reviews from regular users like them over professionals. No big deal. It's all about what you're comfortable with.

I personally always check here when contemplating a new purchase. I find all the different opinions and experiences invaluable. For example I discovered great stores like Frantic Stamper and Gina K. thanks to fellow members and also know never ever to do business with PTI thanks to all the negative posts I've read about them here.

Anyway, I haven't seen anyone bash the Misti or it's inventor in this thread, but a few posters seem determined to make others feel bad for expressing their opinions. I think it's a great device and as soon as I can fit a purchase into my budget I probably will. I'm sure others feel the same.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2014, 06:15 AM   #377  
Pearl-ExPert

Another crafting guru who used the MISTI is Shari Carroll. Don't know if she paid for hers or not - I don't care. I just like seeing how others are taking advantage of this unique, very useful stamping tool. She used it a few months back. I guess she is left handed and was thrilled with her left handed crafting tool.

Have had my MISTI a few months and REALLY like it. It is pricey but is not one of my 'why did I spend $$$ on this?' It is in my crafting area for easy access and not in the back of a closet or in a donation pile. Understand why people are on the fence/putting it on a wishlist/budgeting for it - been there done that!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2014, 07:59 AM   #378  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by CinnistewView Post
I think the thing that most people that are on the fence (for whatever reason) is that there has yet to be a negative review by the people that actually own and use theirs.

I am glad Iliana made Jennifer's Favorite Crafty Things list... and as far as Jennifer getting paid or not it's really no ones business. It's a smart business move for Iliana... a free MISTI for the exposure on Jennifer's blog is awesome. I am very happy for her! Jennifer has enabled me more than a few times!
I think that the reason that there are no negative reviews by owners is because there's really nothing bad to say about it. Initially I was wondering why I bought it, but that was after one try on a not-challenging project. Once I used it for something more involved I was ecstatic and moved over into enthusiastic endorsement!

I also appreciate that Iliana let us in on the timeline and reasons for giving one to Jennifer. Gatekeepers (like the receptionist at Hero Arts) have a tough job, and that particular one is apparently very good at it. Kudos to Iliana for having enough confidence in her product to approach a "celebrity" for assistance! Obviously, her confidence was validated...

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2014, 09:19 AM   #379  
Stampin' Fool

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have another item that uses the same kind of magnets and I do used them busted, however, here is an article for your information. Neodymium magnet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2014, 10:12 AM   #380  
Matboard Maniac

I ordered a MISTI and I can't wait to get it! I have a question about bare red rubber stamps. I use the two-sided poster tape on the back of the stamps, will that hurt the MISTI? It is removable/repositionial tape.

Last edited by iluvpaper2; 12-02-2014 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2014, 11:34 AM   #381  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
I just realized something. I don't have anything clingy on my stamps. I use tack n peel on my blocks. I wonder if I could put the tack n peel on the misti. Or I could take the paper off my stamps and use them like they're intended to be used (I never took it off since the tack n peel works better than the cling).
That actually sounds like an excellent idea, in theory.

I haven't used tack n peel, would it interfere with lining up stamps on the grid in any way?

Also if it works it would eliminate the wear on the screen printed grid as that would be protected by the Tack n Peel.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #382  
Proud Fan Club Member

Default Grid Will Be Top!

Change, posted on Iliana's blog.

I hope that you think that this is a good change. I have thought about the screen printing all weekend. Many have requested that the screen printing be on the top of the lid. Solving the issue of cleaners on the inside panel. I called the manufacturer and caught him just in time to make the change.

The screen printing will now be on the top. I was concerned that rubbing on the lid would cause it to fade faster. My solution to this is to provide a clear cling vinyl. The vinyl is provided for you. I tested it and am pleased with the feel and use of it. The vinyl company is shipping it out on Monday so it will be here in time for me to include in your box.

If this is a concern or you are not happy with this change please send me an email at [email protected]

Iliana
Another Change | My Sweet Petunia
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2014, 12:11 PM   #383  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Change, posted on Iliana's blog.

I hope that you think that this is a good change. I have thought about the screen printing all weekend. Many have requested that the screen printing be on the top of the lid. Solving the issue of cleaners on the inside panel. I called the manufacturer and caught him just in time to make the change.

The screen printing will now be on the top. I was concerned that rubbing on the lid would cause it to fade faster. My solution to this is to provide a clear cling vinyl. The vinyl is provided for you. I tested it and am pleased with the feel and use of it. The vinyl company is shipping it out on Monday so it will be here in time for me to include in your box.

If this is a concern or you are not happy with this change please send me an email at [email protected]

Iliana
Another Change | My Sweet Petunia
That's awesone, I've been wondering all along why the screen printing wasn't on the top. Thanks for sharing the news, one more reason for it to be in my wishlist.

My blog: Organized Craft Chaos | My Etsy supplies shop
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2014, 12:15 PM   #384  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvpaper2View Post
I ordered a MISTI and I can't wait to get it! I have a question about bare red rubber stamps. I use the two-sided poster tape on the back of the stamps, will that hurt the MISTI? It is removable/repositionial tape.
I don't think that there would be any kind of issue with the poster tape. At least, no more so than any of the 2-way glues we use on bare rubber. If you notice build-up of any kind, just clean it with the recommended cleaner and all should be well... I was using regular double-sided tape with mine to do my index sheets, and there's no noticeable after-effects.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2014, 03:57 PM   #385  
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

I can get rid of my never-been-used fiskars stamp press once my Misti arrives, right? Same thing, only better?
Yes, Yes. Same thing only so much better you won't believe it. MISTI has lots of uses but when you REALLY fall in love with it will be that time when you stamp an image on expensive cardstock and the image is not perfect because the ink is weak or the stamp is not etched deeply enough. Then you simply ink the stamp again and close the MISTI.....it hits dead-on exactly on the image on your card, and adds the missing ink. I was never able to stamp dead-on the same image with Fiskar's Press or the Stampama jig or any of the other stamp Positioners I wasted money on. MISTI is fail-safe, as long as you haven't moved the cardstock or the stamp.

I can't think of any crafting tool I've bought that's been so perfect without a speck of fussing. It doesn't work differently or need any replacement parts because you use it many times every day. You'll love it, no matter your style of stamping.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2014, 06:22 PM   #386  
Kookie Creator

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I pre-ordered my Misti last week. I have hundreds (probably more like thousands) of wood mounted stamps. Most are Stampin' UP! and I really like wood mounts. However, storage has become such an issue that I need to change and do something to make them more accessible, as well as be able to move around in my craft space. I do have some photopolymer and clear mount SU! stamps that will be fine in their current cases. What is the best way to unmount my wood block stamps (and how do I store them) so that they will work on my new Misti? I do have some clear blocks that I will keep for single use, etc. I know there is a thread here somewhere about that, but I want to preserve the red rubber images that I love and have so much $ invested in. I do not know where to start and I am a bit intimidated by this huge task. I can't even get them cataloged into Evernote because there are so many. I've started, but when I have to stop and don't return for a few days, I forget which ones I've done. It doesn't help that I'm old and forgetful to begin with! If this needs to be moved somewhere for comments, please do. I'm not sure where to post this, but it is related to Misti because it is the thing that is causing me to need this change. Before now, I was unwilling to consider giving up my wood blocks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-02-2014, 06:40 PM   #387  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by brookskarenView Post
I pre-ordered my Misti last week. I have hundreds (probably more like thousands) of wood mounted stamps. Most are Stampin' UP! and I really like wood mounts. However, storage has become such an issue that I need to change and do something to make them more accessible, as well as be able to move around in my craft space. I do have some photopolymer and clear mount SU! stamps that will be fine in their current cases. What is the best way to unmount my wood block stamps (and how do I store them) so that they will work on my new Misti? I do have some clear blocks that I will keep for single use, etc. I know there is a thread here somewhere about that, but I want to preserve the red rubber images that I love and have so much $ invested in. I do not know where to start and I am a bit intimidated by this huge task. I can't even get them cataloged into Evernote because there are so many. I've started, but when I have to stop and don't return for a few days, I forget which ones I've done. It doesn't help that I'm old and forgetful to begin with! If this needs to be moved somewhere for comments, please do. I'm not sure where to post this, but it is related to Misti because it is the thing that is causing me to need this change. Before now, I was unwilling to consider giving up my wood blocks.
Well how long is a piece of string!

There are loads of threads in Mission Organization forum on this site about "unmounting", just search in the "Search this forum" bar - this is what came up for me Splitcoaststampers - Search Results

There are plenty of people who have unmounted that have bought the MISTI so I know there will be a wealth of information coming your way. As far as storage that is up to you - some people like envelopes, some like binders, some like sleeves etc. Some like bare rubber, other ezmount and other tack & peel. Some keep their sets together and other file like stamps together. There is no right or wrong way, it is working out what will work for you.

As for your wooden blocks I'm sure there are some delightful decorations that can be made with them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2014, 05:28 AM   #388  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Tack n Peel

Quote:

I just realized something. I don't have anything clingy on my stamps. I use tack n peel on my blocks. I wonder if I could put the tack n peel on the misti. Or I could take the paper off my stamps and use them like they're intended to be used (I never took it off since the tack n peel works better than the cling).
I've been wondering the same thing. I love using Tack n Peel for my unmourned stamps but I don't want to damage my beloved MISTI! I also wonder if Tack n Peel would add to much thickness to the stamps with cling foam already on them. MISTI is fantastic for large stamps, so I want to in unmount my wood background stamps but am concerned about how to use them; do I buy cling mount, use them as bare rubber with Tack it Over, or try the Tack n Peel? I'm not too worried about covering the grid lines because I use the grid paper. If anyone has tried different methods for in mounted stamps, which method do you think works best with MISTI?
Thanks,
Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2014, 09:20 AM   #389  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnWView Post
I've been wondering the same thing. I love using Tack n Peel for my unmourned stamps but I don't want to damage my beloved MISTI! I also wonder if Tack n Peel would add to much thickness to the stamps with cling foam already on them. MISTI is fantastic for large stamps, so I want to in unmount my wood background stamps but am concerned about how to use them; do I buy cling mount, use them as bare rubber with Tack it Over, or try the Tack n Peel? I'm not too worried about covering the grid lines because I use the grid paper. If anyone has tried different methods for in mounted stamps, which method do you think works best with MISTI?
Thanks,
Ann
I've been slowly unmounting my stamps. I'm using cling mount, waiting until ready to do 4-5 sheets of stamps at a time. It's really easy using my hot knife, instead of fussy cutting around the stamp with scissors. I purchase unmounted stamps if given a choice.

I've not heard about Tack n Peel until this post. So now I'm wondering if the Tack n Peel will work on my cling mounted stamps. I'm not going to take the cling mount off, because I've done so many. Does anyone know?

I wouldn't think Tack n Peel would harm Misti, since I have the etched version. Since Iliana is having the grid lines added to the front on the new Misti, I'm thinking there wouldn't be a problem. Running the cling under plain water to clean, taking care not to wet anything but the cling side shouldn't be difficult. Joann's, has Peel n Stick online for under $5.00 in case you want to try it. I ordered some, and will try it out on my Misti, if it will work on my cling mounted stamps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2014, 11:03 AM   #390  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by grateful2bsavedView Post
How many magnets do you think a person should have? 2? 4?
I bought 4 but haven't needed 3 of them because one holds the cardstock down just fine. Be careful, they jump and hurt your fingers if two get in the same vicinity.

I bought grid paper but haven't needed it.

Also, about using the stamp-a-ma-jig with rubber stamps, no need. Just put your cardstock down and place the rubber stamp on it so it looks "about" straight. Press down with the Misti lid so the stamp gets picked up. Now put a piece of scrap paper atop your cardstock, ink the stamp and stamp to see if you got the rubber stamp in the right place. If not, the grid on the lid helps you move the stamp until you get it right. Sounds way more complicated than it is. I own all kinds of stamp positioners but haven't needed to use them.

About backing the rubber stamps I removed from wood blocks: I use EZ-mount to back the bare rubber, leave the foam in MISTI, keep the same piece of grid paper over the foam to keep it clean, the EZ-mount clings to the lid so I don't have to use any stickum or Tack and Peel.

Blessings on you Illiana!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #391  
Stazon Splitcoast

i think my magnets came in a stack of 3. after a long effort, I separated them, but one is missing in action. I assume it is stuck to something magnetic. I find I need at least 2. They were cheap and at home depot so the next time i am there i'll pick up another package.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-04-2014, 03:05 PM   #392  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by QtpyView Post

So to test the stamping. First I cut a piece of whisper white to 8.5x11....it wouldn't fit. I then measured the paper. Who knew that whisper white was actually about an 1/8" longer than 8.5!?! All this time I thought I couldn't score right, or my paper trimmer was off! Lol. So, I cut it down and it fit perfectly.

Now the coup de gras for me.....I tried an SU stamp that I had the stickers on (which I cannot get to stick to ANY acrylic block and I refuse to put glue on my stamps and this issue has actually prevented me from buying any SU stamps). Voila!!!! It sticks!!!!!!!!!! I am SO happy with this!!!!
Thanks for the comment on the SU paper size - I am forever wondering why I can't cut the sheets in half properly!!!!! You have restored my sanity

Also - SU cling mount is soooo frustrating!! I have run my ATG on the stamp or the block to help but if I don't have enough adhesive on - the stamp can get crooked when I stamp. It also makes the blocks a mess and the stamps stick to the lid of the case when I store them.

I'll check out the videos - I am leaning towards ordering it!!

I thought about another use for the magnetic bed - you could put a framelit in then position a stamp, close the lid to adhere the stamp, remove the framelit and have your image or sentiment right where you want it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-05-2014, 10:54 AM   #393  
Rubber Obsessor

Iliana, I preordered a MISTI when you first started taking preorders. I am excited about the screen printing change. I am also very glad that you applied for a patent. What a great invention! Thanks also for sharing your inspiring story. You are obviously brilliant and come across as a really nice person. I wish you much success.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2014, 12:42 PM   #394  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

I think one of the videos shows how to use it with framelits. I don't think it involves putting the actual framelit in the misti though.
Oh, good! I'll check it out, thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2014, 03:19 PM   #395  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by BahbView Post
I bought 4 but haven't needed 3 of them because one holds the cardstock down just fine. Be careful, they jump and hurt your fingers if two get in the same vicinity.

I bought grid paper but haven't needed it.

Also, about using the stamp-a-ma-jig with rubber stamps, no need. Just put your cardstock down and place the rubber stamp on it so it looks "about" straight. Press down with the Misti lid so the stamp gets picked up. Now put a piece of scrap paper atop your cardstock, ink the stamp and stamp to see if you got the rubber stamp in the right place. If not, the grid on the lid helps you move the stamp until you get it right. Sounds way more complicated than it is. I own all kinds of stamp positioners but haven't needed to use them.

About backing the rubber stamps I removed from wood blocks: I use EZ-mount to back the bare rubber, leave the foam in MISTI, keep the same piece of grid paper over the foam to keep it clean, the EZ-mount clings to the lid so I don't have to use any stickum or Tack and Peel.

Blessings on you Illiana!
Hi Barb, can you tell me where you get the grid paper. I was thinking of trying this but don't know where to get it. Ta Aileen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2014, 04:20 PM   #396  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by ailhelenView Post
Hi Barb, can you tell me where you get the grid paper. I was thinking of trying this but don't know where to get it. Ta Aileen
Iliana sells the grid paper but grid paper can be purchased at any office supply store. She also has a download grid you can print off for free on her website.

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my MISTI but I have a question: Has anyone tried doing two step stamping with MISTI? I can't wrap my head around getting the second stamp to line up exactly since you would have to remove the first stamp from position. Hope that makes sense. Thank you in advance for your help.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2014, 06:01 PM   #397  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazysuziestamperView Post
Iliana sells the grid paper but grid paper can be purchased at any office supply store. She also has a download grid you can print off for free on her website.

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my MISTI but I have a question: Has anyone tried doing two step stamping with MISTI? I can't wrap my head around getting the second stamp to line up exactly since you would have to remove the first stamp from position. Hope that makes sense. Thank you in advance for your help.
I just use a clear acetate sheet cut the same size of my Misti, it lives on my Misti under the grid paper. It's always there when needed. I just clean my acetate with water or alcolol after I've placed my stamped images on the Misti & placed my outlines. Read on.

Place & stamp 1st image.

Stamp your 2nd step stamp on the acetate, in a different area on the Misti.

Move your cardstock to where you want the 2nd perfectly placed stamp to go, using the image stamped on the acetate, and secure your card into that position with a post-it or magnet, ink & stamp.

Draw an outline of your cardstock placement on the grid paper, so you'll know where to place your cardstock for the next card.

(If mass producing leave the stamp where it is and draw an outline so you'll know where to place the cardstock for the next card.)

This is a little summary of how I do it:
Place card in left corner for the first stamp, position card on outline I've drawn for second stamp.
*Be sure to protect the stamp your not using by placing a piece of scrap paper under where the stamp you're not using will stamp. I learned this was easier than having to clean each stamp before using the next. I hope this makes sense.

Basically your going to be placing both or even three stamps on your Misti at a time, and you don't have to keep taking them on & off for step images using different color inks.

You can also just stamp a bunch of your 1st stamp, remove the stamp, position 2nd layer stamp using the acetate to position, stamp the cards you've stamped with the 1st step stamp, & so on.

Last edited by Annecards; 12-06-2014 at 06:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2014, 07:46 PM   #398  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

I've not heard about Tack n Peel until this post. So now I'm wondering if the Tack n Peel will work on my cling mounted stamps. I'm not going to take the cling mount off, because I've done so many. Does anyone know?
Won't your cling mounted stamps stick to MISTI or acrylic blocks WITHOUT anything added?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2014, 07:52 PM   #399  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by ailhelenView Post
I bought mine from Illianna when I bought MISTI, but MISTI comes with one piece in it and I haven't needed anymore. The lid of MISTI has a grid on it, besides the paper one inside. It's all so much easier than it sounds!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-06-2014, 07:59 PM   #400  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by BahbView Post
Won't your cling mounted stamps stick to MISTI or acrylic blocks WITHOUT anything added?
Yes! I'm thinking about the stamps that I have taken off the blocks without any mounting foam. It would be nice not to do anything, but take the stamps off the blocks, no foam or glue!
Reply With Quote Likes