Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   MISTI most incredible stamp tool invented (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/misti-most-incredible-stamp-tool-invented-590419/)

Qtpy 08-02-2014 03:39 PM

MISTI most incredible stamp tool invented
 
I just ordered this...check out her channel she has some amazing card tutorials. I don't have a stamp a majig so this is perfect for me!!! I'm so excited....have never seen anything like it!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QuqVubvpGNg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

planet43 08-02-2014 08:21 PM

Can you provide a link to order this? Can't find one...

ailhelen 08-02-2014 08:28 PM

Went and had a look. Looks brilliant, went to order but no details for overseas orders, looks like only America at this stage. Waiting to hear back.

Jessrose21 08-02-2014 10:28 PM

Now this is a cool invention!! It's going on my Birthday wishlist for sure. I would love it for stamping the same design on multiple cards. TFS!

daffyrs1 08-03-2014 03:19 AM

Does anyone have a link on where to order this amazing tool...I want one!!!

daffyrs1 08-03-2014 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daffyrs1 (Post 20709038)
Does anyone have a link on where to order this amazing tool...I want one!!!

Found it. Here is where you can get it!
Products | My Sweet Petunia | Stamping on a Whole New Level

shazsilverwolf 08-03-2014 05:42 AM

I was surprised, watching the video, that she didn't actually stamp anything with it. I'd have been more interested in how the stamping actually comes out. Very clever, if it works well, I agree, but my Stamp positioner was a heck of a lot cheaper, lol.

planet43 08-03-2014 06:11 AM

Just ordered, I'll let you know......

QueenOfInkland 08-03-2014 07:03 AM

I watched a number of the videos for this tool, but I'm not sure that I'm understanding the tool correctly (ok, not rocket science LOL but I'm not quite understanding what advantage this tool would provide for me...).

I have the large and small fiskar's stamp presses (for clear, cling, and unmounted stamps) and the stamp a majig (for use will all stamps including wood-mounted). And I have many, many wood-mounted stamps that I do not wish to remove from the wood so I'm thinking this tool, for me, would be both (1) redundant and (2) would not work with my wood-mounted stamps.

Am I missing something?

Louisa May 08-03-2014 07:09 AM

Me too, QueenofInkland, and this what I call a bit pricey to add to what I already own. But it IS a clever tool.

lindastitches 08-03-2014 07:34 AM

I just bought one too--left handed! I can't tell you how many times I have ruined a card because I tried to line it up to stamp an area that didn't get quite enough ink on it the first time. This seems to solve that problem, and I really appreciate that it comes in a left-handed version.

Qtpy 08-03-2014 07:53 AM

For me...this is a stamp press and stamp a majig all in one. And the added bonus of re-inking, especially with solid stamps. Well worth the price to save my card stock and projects that I have spent a lot of time on. Nothing frustrates me more than to spend an hour copic coloring something just to mess up on the sentiment!!

Qtpy 08-03-2014 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolf (Post 20709161)
I was surprised, watching the video, that she didn't actually stamp anything with it. I'd have been more interested in how the stamping actually comes out. Very clever, if it works well, I agree, but my Stamp positioner was a heck of a lot cheaper, lol.

She has a bunch of other videos...just click on her channel. I love the video where she stamps multiple identical cards and another she uses a border stamp to make a background. I've really never seen anything like it. Worth the price for me!

cat_woman 08-03-2014 08:21 AM

It is a very clever idea. I had to chuckle though about the left hand & right hand versions. Couldn't you just print the numbers both ways so that you just flip the tool around and its easily usable by either left or right handed people? I guess my engineering eye is working overtime. :)

Crafter 4 Life 08-03-2014 09:31 AM

Maybe I'm dense but does she ever explain why you need those magnetics that aren't included if you purchase the unit? Are they to hold the paper in place and to keep the flexible plexiglass/acrylic from 'bowing'.

It does sound interesting if only to use with the SU unmounted stamps that have me gritting my teeth when they fall off my acrylic blocks onto my cardstock. I like putting the sticker on the backs - why do they include them if not to use them? I have cut away parts of the sticker to expose the foam, have tried repositionable tape and dilute Aileen's liquid glue all to no avail.

This looks to be a sturdy, well made unit. Will wait for others to use theirs and comment.

Thank you for sharing the info on this news tool.

klh54 08-03-2014 10:29 AM

I'm very intrigued! I love the capabilities but will definitely wait to see what those who buy it have to say after using it for a while.

cat_woman 08-03-2014 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafter 4 Life (Post 20709484)
Maybe I'm dense but does she ever explain why you need those magnetics that aren't included if you purchase the unit? Are they to hold the paper in place and to keep the flexible plexiglass/acrylic from 'bowing'...

I think they're just to hold paper in place. I didn't see or hear any thing else that they were used for.

Crafter 4 Life 08-03-2014 01:10 PM

Cat woman-

In her demos, she moves them all over the place. She got some ink on the 'cover' and said don't worry, just stamp then clean up so I thought the magnets help prevent the stray ink from coming in contact with the card stock.

This does seem like a well thought out stamping tool.

daffyrs1 08-04-2014 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolf (Post 20709161)
I was surprised, watching the video, that she didn't actually stamp anything with it. I'd have been more interested in how the stamping actually comes out. Very clever, if it works well, I agree, but my Stamp positioner was a heck of a lot cheaper, lol.

She has other videos on her you tube channel & her blog making lots of different cards with this tool.

QueenOfInkland 08-04-2014 12:56 PM

You cannot use this tool with wood-mounted stamps, correct?

arlenevita 08-04-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenOfInkland (Post 20711098)
You cannot use this tool with wood-mounted stamps, correct?

Correct. They wouldn't have a way to stick to the "door/press/top". Even if you use double stick tape to hold the wood mount in place there isn't enough depth inside the " tray" to close the "door".

QueenOfInkland 08-04-2014 03:06 PM

Thanks for confirming, Arlene 'The Snorkeler' (

calidreamin 08-06-2014 04:22 PM

After watching most of the videos I decided to order the MISTI on Sunday. The MISTI seemed liked a good idea. It was shipped on Monday and I received it today (Wed.) It is an excellent idea and product. I love it! I had a bit of a chance to play with it and it is so easy to use. I can't tell you how many times I have ruined a card because I couldn't line things up easily or the stamp didn't stamp completely and when I tried to "fix" it I just made it worse. This product is better than I hoped for!

Crafter 4 Life 08-06-2014 05:10 PM

Calidreamin-

Thank you for the feedback. Also, like that you received your purchase quickly.

Just had an inked SU stamp fall off and land on the cardstock - grrr!

Will wait to hear more comments after others have used their MISTI.

uncbballfan 08-06-2014 08:25 PM

I had to laugh about the right- and left-hand versions too, Cat_woman. Especially after I checked on her site and could see them more clearly.

Must've been a run on 'em though because they're out of stock. I'm not in the market because I do mostly top-folds, and I don't like that the cardstock doesn't lie completely flat, unless it's pre-folded.

RiverIsis 08-07-2014 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncbballfan (Post 20714270)
I had to laugh about the right- and left-hand versions too, Cat_woman. Especially after I checked on her site and could see them more clearly.

Must've been a run on 'em though because they're out of stock. I'm not in the market because I do mostly top-folds, and I don't like that the cardstock doesn't lie completely flat, unless it's pre-folded.

That's probably what the magnets are for, that and placing some scrap over the back to keep it clean...

I will watch some more videos - this is temping for me just from a stamping multiple of the same stamp for my Christmas cards situation. I keep being tempted by the Fiskars but don't like the "wiggle" factor.

ETA - I have watched some of her cardmaking videos - very nice cards and tool. However, it makes me wish she had just added a removable clear grid instead of saying use the plastic from your stamp a ma jig and relying on using grid paper for alignment. If I buy a tool I don't want to have to add to it to make it work I want it to work pretty much straight out of the box. Great tool but I consider it a beta version (just like I wish I had bought my Scorpal after they made more grooves in it).

Rachelrose 08-07-2014 05:00 AM

I think the magnets are to keep cardstock in place when you don't want to place it flush against the corner for some reason. It keeps the cardstock from moving.

This is very clever. The shimming thing would drive me insane, though. She seems to have to adjust that constantly.

RiverIsis 08-07-2014 05:44 AM

The magnets make sense for placement. Also I like the reusable element to them as well.

Qtpy 08-07-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calidreamin (Post 20714052)
After watching most of the videos I decided to order the MISTI on Sunday. The MISTI seemed liked a good idea. It was shipped on Monday and I received it today (Wed.) It is an excellent idea and product. I love it! I had a bit of a chance to play with it and it is so easy to use. I can't tell you how many times I have ruined a card because I couldn't line things up easily or the stamp didn't stamp completely and when I tried to "fix" it I just made it worse. This product is better than I hoped for!

I better check my mail! Mine was also shipped on Monday!!! I ordered it for the same reasons as you!! :D

Qtpy 08-07-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsis (Post 20714455)
That's probably what the magnets are for, that and placing some scrap over the back to keep it clean...

I will watch some more videos - this is temping for me just from a stamping multiple of the same stamp for my Christmas cards situation. I keep being tempted by the Fiskars but don't like the "wiggle" factor.

ETA - I have watched some of her cardmaking videos - very nice cards and tool. However, it makes me wish she had just added a removable clear grid instead of saying use the plastic from your stamp a ma jig and relying on using grid paper for alignment. If I buy a tool I don't want to have to add to it to make it work I want it to work pretty much straight out of the box. Great tool but I consider it a beta version (just like I wish I had bought my Scorpal after they made more grooves in it).

The cover has a grid on it for aligning stamps. I like the fact that you can add the grid paper, for me, lots of times, I "test-stamp" something before possibly ruining my card. I also like the fact that the grid on the cover aligns perfectly with the grid paper you may add. So, the added grid paper makes sense to me. I think the plastic from the stamp a majig was just as a shim for some of the really thin, inexpensive clear stamps.

I also have the same issue as you with the Fiskars stamp press...the wiggle when you press down on it makes for a possible mess up when re-stamping.

I will post back tonight...hopefully it's in my mailbox!

Qtpy 08-07-2014 04:22 PM

Checked the mail and it was there! Super fast shipping!! (SSS should use priority mail. Lol) the unit is well made and sturdy. The foam insert is dense and of good quality. If you remove the foam insert, there are gridlines on the acrylic base that match up perfectly with the gridlines on the cover. The magnets are so strong,,.they can get a little dicey. I had one in my hand and the other one hopped on to the OTHER side of my fingers!! Lol.

So to test the stamping. First I cut a piece of whisper white to 8.5x11....it wouldn't fit. I then measured the paper. Who knew that whisper white was actually about an 1/8" longer than 8.5!?! All this time I thought I couldn't score right, or my paper trimmer was off! Lol. So, I cut it down and it fit perfectly. Tested some stamps. I placed the stamp where I wanted it on my paper, closed the lid to pick up the stamp, inked it and purposely didn't press down all the way so I didn't get a full image. Inked it again, closed the lid...it aligned perfectly...no halo at all.

Now the coup de gras for me.....I tried an SU stamp that I had the stickers on (which I cannot get to stick to ANY acrylic block and I refuse to put glue on my stamps and this issue has actually prevented me from buying any SU stamps). Voila!!!! It sticks!!!!!!!!!! I am SO happy with this!!!!

She also sent a cute hand stamped thank you card in my package.

craftEcowgirl 08-07-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daffyrs1 (Post 20709041)
Found it. Here is where you can get it!
Products | My Sweet Petunia | Stamping on a Whole New Level

Does this source have the latest version?

RiverIsis 08-07-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qtpy (Post 20714814)
The cover has a grid on it for aligning stamps. I like the fact that you can add the grid paper, for me, lots of times, I "test-stamp" something before possibly ruining my card. I also like the fact that the grid on the cover aligns perfectly with the grid paper you may add. So, the added grid paper makes sense to me. I think the plastic from the stamp a majig was just as a shim for some of the really thin, inexpensive clear stamps.

I also have the same issue as you with the Fiskars stamp press...the wiggle when you press down on it makes for a possible mess up when re-stamping.

I will post back tonight...hopefully it's in my mailbox!

Yes, I guess I just think you could test stamp on the plastic or there could be a removable plastic grid on top of the dense mat to align and test stamp on a bit of scrap paper rather than lining up grid paper to grid lines, I just don't want that step.

Qtpy 08-07-2014 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsis (Post 20715283)
Yes, I guess I just think you could test stamp on the plastic or there could be a removable plastic grid on top of the dense mat to align and test stamp on a bit of scrap paper rather than lining up grid paper to grid lines, I just don't want that step.

I don't think she lines up the grid paper, if I'm understanding you correctly. On one of her videos, she takes plain grid paper that's on a pad....like the ones you buy in school supply section. They come 8.5 x 11 so she merely cuts the 11" side to 6" to fit and the grid already lines up. Meaning she didn't do any special cutting to make sure it lined up.

RiverIsis 08-07-2014 07:03 PM

She said she did on one of the videos I watched earlier.

Crafter 4 Life 08-07-2014 07:43 PM

QTPY-

The fact that you got a clear SU stamp to stay stuck might be a 'deal breaker' for me! I have tried multiple way to get the stamps with the stickers to stick to any of my acrylic blocks and it is iffy. My blocks are from different companies. Even one of the demos where I go for workshops can't get the stamps to stick to her SU blocks.

Thank you to the crafters who have gotten their MISTI for your comments. It's the cost that still has me on the fence but if there are a few more 'thumbs up' comments.... Me of NO willpower will probably fall of the fence!

BathBelle 08-07-2014 11:44 PM

Why do SU make stamps that are so difficult to use?!

Crafter 4 Life 08-08-2014 08:11 AM

Bath Belle-

It's not the stamps that are bad but the material used for the sticker. I want to see the image of what I am stamping so I still place them on the back. Want to know which way a sentiment/image is oriented on my block. The stamps themselves are good quality. Ever since SU released the clear stamps, there have been complaints about them falling off the acrylic block so I don't know why SU hasn't improved/changed sticker material.

Qtpy 08-08-2014 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafter 4 Life (Post 20715861)
Bath Belle-

It's not the stamps that are bad but the material used for the sticker. I want to see the image of what I am stamping so I still place them on the back. Want to know which way a sentiment/image is oriented on my block. The stamps themselves are good quality. Ever since SU released the clear stamps, there have been complaints about them falling off the acrylic block so I don't know why SU hasn't improved/changed sticker material.

Agreed. I don't understand why they don't just print the image on the back of the foam, that's what other companies do. It seems it would save them money in label printing.

planet43 08-08-2014 03:40 PM

Bought, received, played....SOLD!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:08 PM.