Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-06-2009, 02:21 PM   #1  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile New Pale Copics in at Ellen Hutson's store!

Okay!! Now that I have whizzed through the checkout at Ellen Hutson's store and paid for my new PALE COPICS!!!!!!!!! I want to let the rest of you know that Ellen has all twelve for sale!!

I've ordered from her before, and her service and prices are fantastic!!

I'm so delighted!! Can't wait to recieve them!!!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Lol, I just did the same thing - ordered mine first then posted on the Copic chatter thread about Ellen Hutson's store and her fab price. I'm with you - I love her service.

I've avoided the Copics for so long but last week the PTI Vintage Picnic set arrived. I'd seen Nichole's example and thought "well...I'll just order a handful - 2 pinks, 2 greens, 2 browns, a blender and a grey shader and that will be all I'll ever need." Yeah, right. They are every bit as yummy as y'all have said. But I'll need to practice, practice and practice!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2009, 03:25 PM   #3  
Full of Malarky

That's how it started for me.......... over a year ago - I thought I'll just start with a few................ well - now I've got A LOT................. I'm so excited about the pale colours! I took a couple of classes by a copic certified instructed in my area - and that really helped a lot with using my copics. I recommend taking a class or too from a copic certified instructor - it sure was worth my timem and money! ;)

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2009, 03:29 PM   #4  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YES!!!!
THANK YOU!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2009, 03:31 PM   #5  
Glitter Guru

Thanks for the advice, Deborah. I'll have to look and see if there's a copic class somewhere around my neck of the woods. Uh-oh, what have I gotten myself into? :-)

BTW, the Carpe Diem Store has the sketch copics on sale this week for $3.56 each. Thought you might want to know. ;-) http://www.carpediemstore.com/mlistC...idCategory=333

Last edited by stampintoo; 07-06-2009 at 03:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2009, 03:55 PM   #6  
Glitter Guru

Hmm...now that I snatched up the pale colors set it's just dawned on me that I'll need colors to blend with them. Okay, any recommendations of colors that will blend well with these new ones?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #7  
Full of Malarky

I think that you'lll find that they will blend well with any colours in their colour family. I think the pale yellow and the pale blue will be very welcome additions to anyone's copic collection. I found that the other copic yellows were either a dark yellow in colour, or a kind of a yellow green in colour if they were paler. It's my understanding that this new yellow will be a nice light more true shade of a butter yellow. They will also be good for outlining a image......... check out a copic cite for a better understanding of what colours blend together. That really helped me - as well as taking a couple of classes at my LSS's.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #8  
Glitter Guru

Thanks, Deborah!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-06-2009, 05:43 PM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

you all are a bunch of enablers ;) I was trying to ignore that the new markers were in.....so much for that. I just ordered the 12 new markers :mrgreen: Can't wait to get them and play!!

My SUO Blog~Merry Stamps
My blog~ Merry Musings

Do you love Tastefully Simple?? Click HERE for fabulous recipes and to browse the catalog!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 01:19 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Can someone tell me what are the "new" Copic colors? I have heard there were 12 new ones coming, but i'm not sure of the numbers on the marker caps. TIA!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 02:48 AM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

Ellen sold out quick! I got her e-mail about an hour or so ago, and they markers are already gone. Crying here. I pray she gets more in fast. I know another store has them but they are charging a lot more than Ellen!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 04:44 AM   #12  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

Ellen was sold out by the time I saw her email this morning, but I went to the 'other store' and got the set of all 12. These colors should be wonderful for blending and shading. The cost was a little over $1 more per marker - not too bad when you really, really have to have something;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 09:33 AM   #13  
Glitter Guru

Ellen's ordered more and has a preorder/waiting list going. She just sent out an email saying she was sorry she hadn't anticipated the demand for these and wants to be sure those who want them will get them as quickly as possible so she's talking with Copic. For those who aren't on the mailing list, the info is pasted below.

BTW, here's one of the reasons I love Ellen's customer service. About forty minutes after I placed the Copic order I realized I'd forgotten to order the cardstock so I emailed and asked if it could be added and they very graciously added it to my existing order - even though it probably cost them in additional Paypal fees. Very kind!

Here's the info:

SO if you could please help us establish a "crystal ball" we would appreciate it. If you are interested in ordering these markers through us please let us know. Please send us an email letting us know which of the following lists you would like to be added to:
Please send me an invoice for the new set of markers - I would like to preorder and pay for my markers at this time. I am aware that you do not have a date as to when they will arrive in your warehouse, but trust that you will send them as soon as you receive them. (We will not take preorders once we reach the total number of marker sets we have on order at this time. Once we reach our limit we will notify you and put you on a waiting list.) OR
Please add me to an email list to be notified when more markers become available on your store, Ellen Hutson LLC. I would like to purchase them from you, but would prefer to wait until they become available and I am willing to take a chance that you might run out again. OR
Please add me to the list of those who are interested in purchasing these markers within the next year, I would like to let Copic know that I am most definitely going to be purchasing these new pale color Copic markers within the next 12 months, I am saving my money and I can guarantee you that these are a must have - so please order in more.
To help you determine what to expect please know that we are selling these new markers both as a set and individually. Consistency is extremely important to us here at Ellen Hutson LLC, therefore we will be selling these new colors for the same price as all of the other COPIC products we carry:

New COPIC Lights Set of 12 - Our Price: $59.49
Individual New Colors - Our Price: $4.99
If you are interested in purchasing these markers through us please send us a note with your choice from the numbered selection above to [email protected]. I fully realize that by doing this I am creating a bit of a nightmare for Cathy our customer service wonder woman, so please be patient as we wade through your emails.
Once again I just can't thank you enough for your support and patience! We will continue to strive to do our best to meet your needs.

Happy coloring and thank you!
-Ellen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #14  
Mad Swapper

Thanks for posting the email information. I sent an email request to be put on the waiting list Tuesday night. I haven't recieved anything back yet, but I'm sure she is just swamped. Crossing my fingers that it won't be too long a wait. I want some of the new Lockhart stamps and I order them from Ellen too, so I would rather wait and get them from her than order now from EP.

Thanks for all the information. I don't know where I would be without all you wonderful gals on SCS.
Reply With Quote Likes