Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-16-2009, 10:57 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New BigShot Owner

I bought myself a BigShot for xmas and now I'm wondering about buying the dies. They are SOOOOO expensive! I'm hoping someone can give me a place to start. If you could only get a FEW dies, what would you buy first?

Thanks for any help you can give me.:confused:
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2009, 11:13 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

If I could only pick one BigShot die, it would be SU!'s Top Note die. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! I can hardly make a card without it!!! (here is the link to show you what it looks like) The possibilities are endless!!!!! (this die also fits through the CB - another great plus!!!) Enjoy your BigShot!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

That is so funny - that is the only one I've ordered yet. What did you mean by "(this die also fits through the CB - another great plus!!!)" ??????
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2009, 11:41 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

You won't be disappointed in the die!! What I meant was that Sizzix/Bigshot dies will also go through the Cuttlebug (aka CB )
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Received 42 Likes on 21 Posts

I use the SU butterfly die a lot. I also ordered some from Joann's online when they were 40% off and $1.95 shipping. I also have quite a few cuttlebug embossing folders which can be used in the big shot too. I got those at Joann's 40% off too. I also use my top note on many cards and projects.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2009, 12:01 PM   #6  
Glitter Queen

I use my Nestabilities circles and scallopped circles all the time. They are great to use with making cards and with scrapbooking and general crafts.
You can see them HERE -> This is a combo, but you can buy them as singles too.

Enjoy!

Debby
My blog: ScrapSoul
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2009, 12:47 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

My favorite dies are the boxes. I love making these little boxes and filling them with goodies for small gifts.

Also, be sure to check out the SU 12 Days of Christmas promotion that is going on currently as there are quite a few BS dies, embosslets, and vinyl on sale now.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-16-2009, 05:24 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Sizzix Outlet on Ebay and the Sizzix.com clearance section are two of my favorite places. Yes, I take full advantage of any and all 50% off coupons when available too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2009, 06:35 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am sure you can use Nestabilities in your BS. The Top-Note die from SU is alot like Label 1 from Nesatabilities. You would get alot more use from the Nestie Label 1 because it comes in more then 1 size unlike the Sizzix die. You can get the Label 1 for 16.65 from Scrapbookingalley.com. This is my next order from ScrapbookingAlley- since I see it used so much. You can't beat the prices at Scrapbookingalley either except with coupons. I have recently placed a huge order from them and had no problem except that it took a little longer from my order to ship then expected. I had my package in my arms in appox 10 days from the day I ordered it, but for the prices you just can't beat them. I know that SU has some unique dies like boxes and such- but for regular run of the mill things you can save alot of money looking into other company dies.

JMO
Sheena
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2009, 09:45 AM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cawoodsView Post
That is so funny - that is the only one I've ordered yet. What did you mean by "(this die also fits through the CB - another great plus!!!)" ??????
There are a lot of Big Shot and Cuttlebug owners who think (mistakenly) that Sizzix dies for the Big Shot will not work in other machines, when it's really only the Sizzix cutting plates that won't fit through the 'Bug. This really only becomes a potential problem when you want to use the XL dies, which need extended-length cutting pads that as far as I know aren't available from ProvoCraft for the Cuttlebug.

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-17-2009, 09:50 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheena74View Post
I am sure you can use Nestabilities in your BS. The Top-Note die from SU is alot like Label 1 from Nesatabilities. You would get alot more use from the Nestie Label 1 because it comes in more then 1 size unlike the Sizzix die. You can get the Label 1 for 16.65 from Scrapbookingalley.com. This is my next order from ScrapbookingAlley- since I see it used so much. You can't beat the prices at Scrapbookingalley either except with coupons. I have recently placed a huge order from them and had no problem except that it took a little longer from my order to ship then expected. I had my package in my arms in appox 10 days from the day I ordered it, but for the prices you just can't beat them. I know that SU has some unique dies like boxes and such- but for regular run of the mill things you can save alot of money looking into other company dies.

JMO
Sheena
I love the Nesties and have several sets, but you can't cut anything thicker than heavy card stock with them because their "blade" is so shallow and isn't actually sharp so it "cuts" by crushing -- the Top Note is a steel-rule die with an actual blade buried in the foam and can go through thin sheet metal, cork board, balsa and basswood, chipboard up to 3/32" thick (about the thickness of a book cover), and many other materials!

My Stampin' Up! blog
"I'm a time traveler -- I point and laugh at archaeologists." 10th Doctor, "Silence in the Library"
Reply With Quote Likes