Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Making Memories Tag Maker (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/making-memories-tag-maker-149246/)

wendalyn 05-25-2006 09:26 AM

Making Memories Tag Maker

Anyone have one of these? Is it easy to use? Do you like or dislike it? I keep looking at it but haven't broken down at. I got a crop o dile recently and love that.

padawala 05-25-2006 09:27 AM

I have one and really like it. It is very easy to use.

JulieHRR 05-25-2006 10:31 AM

The only drawback to this gadget, which I don't have in my possession, is that I hate having to trace and then cut out something. I want it done in one fell swoop--like a punch, UKWIM? (I am a lazy stamper and have no qualms admitting that, either! chuckle!)

So, I've hesitated investing in one for that very reason. But, other than that, it looks way cool and I do enjoy working with tags quite a bit . . . mebbe if I get a chance to actually try one out for myself that will change my mind. . .

Lisadwb 05-25-2006 10:36 AM

I have made a couple of tags. I bought a couple of the refill packs and use those, but I didn't buy the tool. I use them with my Quickutz, and it works perfectly!! It is nice having the "perfect" tag for my projects.

JulieHRR 05-25-2006 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisadwb
I have made a couple of tags. I bought a couple of the refill packs and use those, but I didn't buy the tool. I use them with my Quickutz, and it works perfectly!! It is nice having the "perfect" tag for my projects.

Can you elaborate? You have piqued my interest! ;)

afancycat 05-25-2006 10:40 AM

My best friend (BTW, SweetMissDaisy says June 8 is Best Friend Day!!) says save your money for stamps!!!! She is not particularly impressed. She says you have to trace and cut, the tracing template doesn't match the frames, and it doesn't make a good tight secure tag. Way to laborous!!

Buy more stamps!!!!!

Lisadwb 05-25-2006 10:46 AM

Julie, you trace and cut just as if you were going to use the tool. The only difference is after you get your cut piece in the tag rim, you slide the whole thing into the quickutz to crimp the edges. (Just make sure there is no die in the QK. LOL) And it takes very little effort, I can never believe how easy it is to crimp.

Klarson 05-25-2006 10:54 AM

We got one for our friend for her birthday, and I actually got to use it first. I like it, you can make tags from pictures - which I did for my Pirates of the Carribean page, and a "coordinating tag" for my Character page. Its simple to use. You do have to trace and cut - no biggie - then you just slip it in and crimp it. If you are a metal edge tag person and would love to make different kinds of tags, then go for it!

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=266736&cat=500&ppuser=5060
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=266407&cat=500&ppuser=5060

JulieHRR 05-25-2006 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisadwb
Julie, you trace and cut just as if you were going to use the tool. The only difference is after you get your cut piece in the tag rim, you slide the whole thing into the quickutz to crimp the edges. (Just make sure there is no die in the QK. LOL) And it takes very little effort, I can never believe how easy it is to crimp.

Hmmmm. I have a friend who adores her Quikutz. . . this gives it a multi-use . . . hmmmmmmm. mebbe . .. . I needs me one o' THESE gizmos! ;) Heh, heh, heh!

AmandaCalloway 05-25-2006 11:06 AM

I purchased one and have yet to use it. But love the idea of it and someday I will scrapbook.

Ouch!PaperCut 05-25-2006 11:14 AM

why can't you use a punch or coluzzle to "cut out" the size needed? Are they odd sizes?

ninatar 05-25-2006 11:42 AM

The owner of the Las Vegas Art Stamp store showed me the tag maker and then said everybody just uses their wizards or similar die cutters. So if you have a machine with two flat metal plates that compress metal flat - well - that tag maker is simply a hand held gizmo with two round flat plates to squash the little tags flat.

She recommended buying a punch that fit the metal borders, and to skip buying the tool.

Nina

gmcbunny 05-25-2006 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmandaCalloway
I purchased one and have yet to use it. But love the idea of it and someday I will scrapbook.

That's where I am, I bought it and have yet to use it

stampin4smiles 05-25-2006 12:03 PM

I have seen this little gadget in magazines and have been wondering about it myself. Looks so nifty!!! But I definitely would want to try it first before I bought it. I just would hate to spend the $$ and then never use it.

wendalyn 05-25-2006 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klarson
We got one for our friend for her birthday, and I actually got to use it first. I like it, you can make tags from pictures - which I did for my Pirates of the Carribean page, and a "coordinating tag" for my Character page. Its simple to use. You do have to trace and cut - no biggie - then you just slip it in and crimp it. If you are a metal edge tag person and would love to make different kinds of tags, then go for it!

//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=266736&cat=500&ppuser=5060
//www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=266407&cat=500&ppuser=5060

Your pages are great I love them. That's what was stopping me from buying one. I am like Julie and love just being able to punch something out and use it. I do have a quickutz and i completely love that so i might have to buy a pack of rims at least and try it. Thanks ladies for the insight...

mommyof2 05-25-2006 12:47 PM

I have the CM circle punches. Anyone know if one of those would be the right size? I'm lazy too!! Don't want to have to trace and cut.

vickireynard 05-25-2006 04:04 PM

I really love mine. It is great for photos. I ordered more of the rims from oriental trading. They were a lot cheaper.

Vicki

mooshie_stamps 05-25-2006 05:01 PM

anyone know if you could crimp the rims with a Sizzix? if so I'd have to get some rims! :)
Michelle

Mommypenguin 05-25-2006 05:08 PM

I was looking at this tool and the lady at my LSS asked if I had the big sizzix machine (the full size one). She said that the Sizzix actually makes the edges more even because the pressure if even. I have the refills but haven't tried them yet. I was wondering about the CM punches too!!

planet43 05-25-2006 07:40 PM

tag maker

Personally I like it...but I wish you could buy the refill packs in one size instead of a few in multiple sizes

Susan_T 05-26-2006 04:57 AM

I love that you can make tags out of any paper you want to coordinate with your cards. I'm loving making tags with stamped images on them. Cutting out the tags hasn't been any problem for me.

khogan 05-26-2006 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mooshie_stamps
anyone know if you could crimp the rims with a Sizzix? if so I'd have to get some rims! :)
Michelle

Yes, you can crimp the rims with a Sizzix. I've done it this way and they come out fine.

mooshie_stamps 05-26-2006 07:37 PM

ok, so it's really cool that you can crimp the rims with sizzix, but as I was using my sizzix today I realized that the pressure thingy on sizzix doesn't go down far enough to cripm this rims. so how exactly do you do it? do you need the sizzlits adaptor? anyone know the trick?

I want to get some rims tomorrow, but sure would like to use 'em when I get 'em home :)
thanks,
Michelle

mooshie_stamps 05-27-2006 07:08 PM

ok I have another question. my LSS didn't carry the rims (what are they thinking? are they nuts? lol!) but does anybody know if Michael's carries them? if so I may have to check them out on Monday.
thanks
Michelle

mooshie_stamps 05-28-2006 08:37 AM

doesn't anyone know if Michale's carries the rims? I have a 50% off coupon for Michael's.
Michelle