Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-20-2011, 11:01 AM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Promarker Labeling/Storage

Promarker Labeling
I own all the copics and love them. Recently, I added a bunch of Promarkers to my collection and also love them,especially for the soft pastels that I use for my LOTV images. But... how to label them?? My friend, Kim and I tried everything (we think) and nothing we already owned worked!

If you store, as I do, in an x-cube, bucket or in a way where you need to see the color on the end of the marker, then you need to create your own color label for the promarker. Kim found the perfect punch to create a label. It is the "mini flower" by Punch Bunch punch ($3.99) that was purchased online.

Just punch on white cardstock (not label material as the glossy finish makes the ink slide off), then use a dot of sobo glue (white glue) on the flat cap end and pick up the punched blossom. I punched all my blossoms at once and arranged them flat on a table. Then I put a dot of glue on each flat end cap and pressed the cap onto the little blossom. Tap down to make sure it is stuck on the cap. Wait a sec to dry . When dry, use the chisel end of the marker to color in the blossom. I tried coloring the blossom first and they are just too small to then glue on. This way works best. Perfect color match and best of all, you can see your colors perfectly. In the instances of the lighter colors, I colored over two times so I could see the color. See the attached pic.

While this sounds like a no brainer, it was hard to find a punch to fit the cap. The cap measures 1/4 inch but it is rounded and our 1/4inch punches were a smidge too big causing them to tear or fall off. After trial and error, this punch gave us the size big enough to see the color but small enough to fit on the cap and NOT rub off when used or placed against other markers. I am sure anyone who owns those mini punches that come in a set from the big box stores can do the same. I just did not want to buy an entire set of these tiny punches for one super tiny punch.

Hope this helps others trying to label these cool markers!
Attached Thumbnails
Promarker Labeling/Storage-img_1468.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2011, 11:22 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for sharing. What a great idea. And they look so cute with the little colored flowers on the end!

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2011, 07:15 AM   #3  
Cardstock Collector

I was lucky enough that my OH bought me some of the Promarker cases last Christmas - they sit on my bookcase, and don't take up too much space.

I got a promarker colour chart, cut it into family groups, and laminated them onto luggage tags. Added dot stickers coloured to the markers in the case and attached with ball chains - and the great thing is, because they're detachable, I can take them with me when I go shopping so I can see which pens I have and which ones I need.
Attached Thumbnails
Promarker Labeling/Storage-img_0527.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2011, 12:16 PM   #4  
Embossing Fanatic

I like that the colors are placed in a way that you can see what blends with what. Nice.
Reply With Quote Likes