Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Tool & Product Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/)
-   -   Long plates for Cuttlebug (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/tool-product-talk-128/long-plates-cuttlebug-569931/)

Cynamom 03-08-2013 10:38 AM

Long plates for Cuttlebug

Hi,

Do any of you have the long plates for the Cuttlebug? A, B and C? I saw them at Michael's for $19.99 each, which is cashy for all 3. I know I can get them over time with coupons (unless they go on sale on their own), but I am trying to decide if I need them. I have started buying some "longer" dies from Papertrey, and I can't cut them in full. Since I am usually using them only on cards, I usually get enough to go across the front of a card. It would be nice to have the whole strip, though. I do have long places for my Sizzix Sidekick, but it won't fit all of them, or I haven't tried. Just wondering if the long CB plates are anything anyone has a strong opinion on before I spend the money....

Thanks!

Cindy

buggainok 03-08-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynamom (Post 20047938)
Hi,

Do any of you have the long plates for the Cuttlebug? A, B and C? I saw them at Michael's for $19.99 each, which is cashy for all 3. I know I can get them over time with coupons (unless they go on sale on their own), but I am trying to decide if I need them. I have started buying some "longer" dies from Papertrey, and I can't cut them in full. Since I am usually using them only on cards, I usually get enough to go across the front of a card. It would be nice to have the whole strip, though. I do have long places for my Sizzix Sidekick, but it won't fit all of them, or I haven't tried. Just wondering if the long CB plates are anything anyone has a strong opinion on before I spend the money....

Thanks!

Cindy

Cindy, I have a Cuttlebug with just the regular plates. I also have quite a few of the Papertrey longer dies, and also some from My Favorite Things.

I've found if you are careful and don't "jiggle" it too much, you can run your die and paper through the Cuttlebug, and then reposition the paper and die on the plates to cover the part that hung over the back of the plates. Then run it through again.

It's a little tedious to do, but I didn't want to invest in the longer plates for something I don't use all the time. It works pretty well for me.

Cynamom 03-08-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainok (Post 20047965)
Cindy, I have a Cuttlebug with just the regular plates. I also have quite a few of the Papertrey longer dies, and also some from My Favorite Things.

I've found if you are careful and don't "jiggle" it too much, you can run your die and paper through the Cuttlebug, and then reposition the paper and die on the plates to cover the part that hung over the back of the plates. Then run it through again.

It's a little tedious to do, but I didn't want to invest in the longer plates for something I don't use all the time. It works pretty well for me.

Hmm. Makes sense. I will try it with some scratch paper this weekend. It's just so much money when you need three! That's $60 without a discount, no way. I don't mind a little challenge! :)

Thanks for the post!

Stamper for fun 03-09-2013 03:23 AM

I got my long plates from joanns online when they were on sale and they offered no minimum free shipping. I paid about $30 for all three.

shazsilverwolf 03-09-2013 04:10 AM

I was also going to say that it can be done with standard plates & a bit of care. I have used the Tim Holtz strip dies in my bug, just using the standard plates, pictures here.

Cynamom 03-09-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stamper for fun (Post 20048867)
I got my long plates from joanns online when they were on sale and they offered no minimum free shipping. I paid about $30 for all three.

Yeah, I figure I can get them for that with a Michael's sale or using coupons the right way.

lovetostamp3 03-09-2013 08:13 PM

I too wanted the longer plates for the longer dies. I ended up getting them through ProvoCraft and got a special deal with the newest Cuttlebug thrown in all for $60. It was a good deal, I thought, and I think I even got free shipping! If your not in a hurry, keep an eye out on their web site for the specials.

Cynamom 03-10-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetostamp3 (Post 20050298)
I too wanted the longer plates for the longer dies. I ended up getting them through ProvoCraft and got a special deal with the newest Cuttlebug thrown in all for $60. It was a good deal, I thought, and I think I even got free shipping! If your not in a hurry, keep an eye out on their web site for the specials.

That's a really good idea. I will do that! I have had mine FOREVER, and knock on wood, I have NEVER EVER had even the slightest issue with it. I do know (because I do work it pretty hard! LOL) that it won't last forever, so a deal like that might be something worth it. Heck, the plates alone are $60 if you buy them regular price.

sewnmachine 03-10-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolf (Post 20048905)
I was also going to say that it can be done with standard plates & a bit of care. I have used the Tim Holtz strip dies in my bug, just using the standard plates, pictures here.

Silverwolf,

I went to your blog - and if you don't mind - I would like to use your quote at our next Solstice celebration. We celebrate both Summer and Winter and include readings. The quote incorporates exactly the meaning of Solstice for us.

Cynamom 03-10-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sewnmachine (Post 20051302)
Silverwolf,

I went to your blog - and if you don't mind - I would like to use your quote at our next Solstice celebration. We celebrate both Summer and Winter and include readings. The quote incorporates exactly the meaning of Solstice for us.

Of course!!

kymom 03-12-2013 04:06 PM

I got the 2 B plates this week at Michael's for $11.99. But could not use the coupn.:( But that was better than ordering them and paying shipping. I was shocked to see my Michael's has finally gotten new cuttlebug stuff.

Cynamom 03-12-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kymom (Post 20055859)
I got the 2 B plates this week at Michael's for $11.99. But could not use the coupn.:( But that was better than ordering them and paying shipping. I was shocked to see my Michael's has finally gotten new cuttlebug stuff.

Were they on an in-store sale? Or were they being marked down for clearance? That's a fair price.