Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #1  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harbor Freight compressor

They do carry (at least where I live) the compressor I wanted in the store. But it just so happened they were out of it when I went to see what it was really like. The nearest one was an hours drive away. So I bit the bullet and went online and bought it. My shipping charge was $9.99 plus the tax. It would have cost me that much to drive to Syracuse with the price of gas nowadays. So what I had to wait a few days. I wasn't in any hurry. So keeping my fingers crossed everything will be in good working order. I ordered the extras I needed to get it up and running at Oozaks. And I didn't have to pay shipping because my order was over $50. including some other things. So all in all I'm a happy camper (so far).
Linda from Clinton
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

I have to ask...What stamping-related thing are you going to do with a compressor?

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 03:56 PM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Are you using it with Copics or markers? we have a Harbor Freight store herer in town and I've never stepped foot inside it.. probably because it's so far on the other side of town. What model did you get?

~ Pam

--English writer G. K. Chesterton (1874-1936)

~*BLOG*~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-11-2011, 05:08 PM   #4  
Embossing Fanatic

Default Compressor info.

Just to answer a few questions about the oilless airbrush compressor and what I want to use it for.
1. for my Copics and whatever other use I can find for it.
2. model #93657
3. Check Splitcoastampers Weekly Inking #251 and the topic about colorless blending bleaching tutorial. I'd like to do the background in that tutorial using the compressor and my Copics. Airbrushing in general.
Hope this helps.
Linda from Clinton
PS: you should pay a visit to your local Harbor Freight. You can find lots of things to use for hobbies. Just think repurpose for so many things in there.
It's like a hardware store. I love going into those stores too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 01:27 AM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 105 Likes on 82 Posts

TFS, Linda. Will check it out sometime.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

I've had mine from Harbor Freight for a few years now and it is great. Good price too. Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #7  
Compulsive Stamper

Default Harbor Freight - Coupon Not Accepted!!

I asked my DH for one of these babies and he just called to tell me they don't take coupons for air compressors! What a disappointment. And ladies get this, make sure you get the one you want or they charge a 20% restocking fee if it is opened. He bought it anyway for me for our 25th anniversary. I sure hope I like it and I will think a few times before opening her up. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2012, 11:31 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the 1/8 horsepower and it is more than adequate, often on sale for $59:

Airbrush Compressor - 1/8 HP, 40 PSI

Then add this braided air line for $8.99 and you are good to go. The coiled line that it comes with can be a pain:

10 Ft. Braided Nylon Airbrush Hose

I really like this compressor. It is small and lightweight enough to carry in a tote if I'm crafting with friends! I love it! No problem with getting the larger compressor of course, but the smaller one works great! My friends have the smaller compressor too, it's been almost two years and no problems so far.

Either way you go, you are saving a bunch of money with Harbor Frieght.

:-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnephelpsView Post

Then add this braided air line for $8.99 and you are good to go. The coiled line that it comes with can be a pain:

I really like this compressor. It is small and lightweight enough to carry in a tote if I'm crafting with friends! I love it! No problem with getting the larger compressor of course, but the smaller one works great! My friends have the smaller compressor too, it's been almost two years and no problems so far.

Thanks! That's the one he got me. I didn't know about the coiled line, thanks for the tip! I considered the bigger one (as it is on sale) but it seems that the ratings aren't that good compared to the smaller one.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2012, 03:24 PM   #10  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by lynnephelpsView Post

I read about this compressor working so well with Copics so I went and got one but I cannot get it to work! I mean the compressor works but there is no ink movement.. I've done everything including stomping my feet. lol Has anyone else had similar problems and have any tips for me? I won't be at home until Sunday but I'd love to be able to airbrush at some point so if you have any ideas I'd sure love to read them. Thank you
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-09-2012, 05:22 PM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by VickyLyneQView Post
I read about this compressor working so well with Copics so I went and got one but I cannot get it to work! I mean the compressor works but there is no ink movement.. I've done everything including stomping my feet. lol Has anyone else had similar problems and have any tips for me? I won't be at home until Sunday but I'd love to be able to airbrush at some point so if you have any ideas I'd sure love to read them. Thank you
The only thing I can think of is that the pen is not seated all the way. Did the pen snap in to the grip when you inserted it? It needs to be all the way in so the air can flow from the grip and past the pen tip.

Good luck,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #12  
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by cgeemvfView Post
The only thing I can think of is that the pen is not seated all the way. Did the pen snap in to the grip when you inserted it? It needs to be all the way in so the air can flow from the grip and past the pen tip.

Good luck,
Thanks Colleen I will try again when I get back but yes they snapped into the holder. I have had the thing for about 6 months and tried it on and off thinking I didn't have the marker in right, slightly turned, I have watched youtube videos over and over had dh try it and well stomped my feet.. I'm not above doing the latter again. ;) I did finally get one color to spray and that was an orange marker. Not that the color matters but I was so excited when it finally worked. lol I'm sure it is operator error.

Last edited by VickyLyneQ; 08-10-2012 at 09:24 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by VickyLyneQView Post
Thanks Colleen I will try again when I get back but yes they snapped into the holder. I have had the thing for about 6 months and tried it on and off thinking I didn't have the marker in right, slightly turned, I have watched youtube videos over and over had dh try it and well stomped my feet.. I'm not above doing the latter again. ;) I did finally get one color to spray and that was an orange marker. Not that the color matters but I was so excited when it finally worked. lol I'm sure it is operator error.
Of course, be sure the pen is snapped in firmly, but then check the nib. Be sure the angle of the chisel-tip nib matches the angle of the airflow. (You want the chisel tip end for normal spraying and the super brush end will give spattered spraying.)

In my Copic certification class, Colleen showed us how the nib has to be in the pen at just the right depth.

I have the nib tweezers for changing the nibs, which keeps your hands clean, but you can also just grip the chisel tip with your fingers/fingernails and move it slightly in or out until it is in the airflow just right. I always test on scratch paper each time I change pens, and almost always have to adjust the pen nib to get the optimal spray!

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes